Imperfectly Perfect

By Catnipss

This story is about a girl who tries to balance the life of high school drama and friends. Who will she fit i... More

Clueless
I'm pretty fond of you
The Past Returns
The Little Things
Life Changes
So Close

One Down Many To Go

46 2 0
By Catnipss

Lilliana POV continued:

Luna and I got home and I could see she was upset because she was looking down. I tried my hardest to try to make her feel better but nothing was going to work at this moment. I could show her my tail and show her how gorgeous it is. It's lavender, and as much as I would love to show her I can't because it would ruin everything. I tell Luna to go upstairs and take everything off except her bra and underwear and to tie her hair up into a neat ponytail. I know Luna hates walking around half naked but now, she has to. I never realized how fit she was, she should flaunt it a little more than she does but that isn't any of my business.

"Okay Luna, are you ready?" I ask looking into her eyes resting my hand on her shoulder.
"Ready as I'll ever be, I guess" Luna says.
"Okay we're going to start now, this won't hurt at all so just relax okay?" I lay Luna down on the floor, surrounding her by special candles and I chant from a book called "The Aquatic life" This book is to never be opened by a human because no one knows what would happen. As I start chanting from the book and I pick up the water that I had saved for this very moment, I slowly pour it over Luna's body.

*1 hour later*

Luna's hair is slowly turning more blue than it was before and her tail is slowly forming. Her tail is so beautiful, it's dark purple with a lavender tail fin and gorgeous scales. As we finish, her tail quickly disappears and we help each other put everything away.

"Well, it's done honey how do you feel? And remember be very careful around water" I say.

"I feel great I just hope you made me pretty" Luna says laughing.

"Don't worry I did, Rick is coming over in a few so get presentable" I say smiling.

I see Luna run upstairs to put on some clothes and I go to the kitchen and start cooking dinner.

Luna POV:

I got upstairs and put on a big t-shirt and a pair of jeans and sat on my bed thinking about what just happened downstairs. Am I really a mermaid now? It seems cool but horrible at the same time, I mean what if I get invited to a pool party? Oh well, but I can't tell anyone about this because people might think I'm a freak of nature or something. I'll have to think of a reason to why I dyed my hair blue.

I hear the doorbell ring and I go downstairs to greet Rick, it's been a while since he's been over.
"Hey Luna, it's been so long you've changed a lot" He says surprised.
"Really? I don't think I've changed at all" My mom gives me a look letting me know that I actually have changed because of my hair.
"Well guys dinner is ready so let's go eat, Rick and I have something to tell you sweetie" My mom says.
"Oh god, here we go" I say walking to the table as they follow me. I wonder what they have to tell me, is my mom pregnant? Oh god no I hope not then I won't be the center of attention anymore.
"So what do you guys have to tell me?" I ask.
"I WANNA TELL BABE! Your mother and I are getting married!" Rick says. I swear he acts like a child sometimes but I like it.
"Oh, congratulations" I say, seeing my mom frown. I really wasn't expecting that but there's just so much on my mind I didn't think about what I was saying. I started poking at my food, eating little bits a time that's when I saw my mom slam her fork down and leave the table crying and Rick followed her. Why does she have to be such a baby?, I mean I did say congratulations.
I start eating again because now I actually have an appetite and put my dishes away and go outside. A few seconds later I hear foot steps and then a hand touching my shoulder, I turn around to see Rick.

"Hey, can I um talk you for a second?" He says with a worried look in his eyes.
"Sure I guess, what's up?" I say looking at the floor.
"Listen I know I'm not your real dad or anyth-"
"Don't talk about my father okay? I'm glad your getting married I have nothing against it, I'm just stressed out alright?" I say cutting him off.
"Do you want to talk about it? I'm always here for you" He says, as I shake my head no and get up to walk away.
I start walking to school since I'm really late. As I walk into school I look and my eyes pass Andy. Did I just see who I think I just saw? I look back and there he was, I felt my face tingling and I'm sure I was red as a tomato so I looked away. Whenever I see a boy I like it's like I get all nervous and blank out for a second and try to avoid all contact what so ever. It's just my luck when he starts walking toward me. As he walks toward me I start to speed up, hoping he doesn't notice.
"Hey! Luna wait up!" He says yelling and running to me.
"What's up? Why are you so late to school?"
"I don't think that's really any of your business.." I say with a "what's it to you" kind of face.
"I'm sorry, I was just asking, hey I'm having a small party on the weekend you think you're up to come?" He says smiling widely, looking into my eyes and I can tell he's hoping I say yes.
"Uh yeah, I think I can make it"
"Awesome, here's my address and my number text me if you need me, catch you later" He speeds off back to his friend and I'm still standing in the middle of the hall watching him. After a few seconds of watching him I finally turn around and walk to class and of course I'm late. I totally forgot about what happened earlier but ever since then I have been feeling so weird. When I got into class everyone is staring at me and I feel like they can see through me and see everything that just happened a few hours ago. I feel like they can smell something fishy about me but it's all in my head.
"Well Luna aren't you going to sit down? We haven't got all day" I swear she's so annoying. I go to sit down and do my work.

*45 minutes later*
I come out of class laughing extremely hard with Rachel, class was fun today for once. The teacher loosened up a bit and joked around with us. But when I walked out the class I immediately stopped laughing because I saw Andy with this girl, they were holding hands walking down the hall way, they looked so in love but I just ignored it and went to lunch. Rachel and I are walking to lunch and we see Alexa walking towards us and we all say hey.
"Guys, I got invited to some party today it's on the weekend you guys are coming" I say smiling.
"Ooh a party? Count me in I might see some hot chicks" Alexa says making me laugh. Alexa is hilarious.
"I'll think about it" Rachel says.
I look to the side of the table and I see a girl sitting by herself she had tattoos, blue hair, and great skin..Just like me. I wonder if she's in the same position as me but I'm not gonna go talk to her she looks shy.

Rachel POV
I sit quietly, taking my lunch out of my bag, I bought a lot of food today. I brought two sandwiches a huge water bottle some chips, two bags of lays to be specific and a doughnut. Luna and Alexa are staring at me smiling with that "Can I have some?" Face written all over them. "No" I tell them without hesitance. After a few a minutes I'm on my next bag of lays and scarving down half of my other sandwich and stuffing my face with my doughnut.
"Calm down over there what's wrong with you? you're eating like an animal" Alexa says looking at Luna with wtf written all over her face.
"I know right?" Luna says.
"Can I just eat in peace? Besides I'm leaving early today I have a doctors appointment" I say.
"Well I'm gonna go to the vending machine and get some of my own sweets since SOMEONE doesn't wanna share" Alexa says, throwing a subliminal.

Alexa's POV

I get up and walk over to the vending machine, looking down at my phone texting back some of my friends, not looking up one inch to see where I'm going when I bump into someone and get my phone knocked out my hand and slid across the floor. I got pretty irritated at myself and growled quietly
"I'm soooo sorry! Did I hurt you?" I hear a girls voice she sounds girly and preppy, but I just nodded, got my phone and didn't look up in her direction and almost walked away when she grabbed my arm.
"Hey you look so familiar I've see you somewhere" She says, so I look up at her and immediately feel my face tingling. It's the girl I saw at the mall yesterday she goes here?! Holy shit!
"Oh, you're that girl from the mall" I say smiling.
"Yeah, I am"  She smiles back and we stare at each other for a couple of seconds and she talks again.
"Come sit with me?" She starts walking to where she's sitting and I look back at Luna and Rachel and shake my head no.
"Okay, that's totally cool my names Gillian by the way, see you around!" She walks away looking back and bumps into someone and I can see her apologizing and laughing all over the place. How adorable is that? I walk back to my friends all stargazed and smiling.
"What happened to you?" Rachel asks.
"Hah none of your business eat your snacks, oh crap I didn't even get my own snacks" I say laughing.

-Picture is Luna's Mother

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 93 29
COMPLETED✅ Two high school teenagers finding themselves, analyzing this ever changing world, and building love. This is the type of love you wish you...
18.1K 541 50
She was just a teenage girl, someone that needed love, someone that SHE could love, all her life she was alone, mistreated and harassed, but that one...
5.1K 129 49
[Warning: First Book, Poorly Written, Not Suggested for Reading Eyes...] This wasn't a dream, no, this… this was reality. And with reality, you can’t...
411K 18.8K 65
"Was that flirting? It kind of felt like flirting. No. Couldn't be. She just thinks the senior girl is cool, like all of my sister's other friends. I...