Gifted

By changedtickets

Alyshia Weasley was not rich, or popular, or anything of the sort. Being part of the Weasley family definitel... More

Gifted
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
14.5(Draco's POV)
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
Special Thanks
Author Goodbye and Information

16

463 11 1
By changedtickets

I gave Neville a soft smile.

Was I happy? Yes. Neville was my friend. He was a really good friend. He was kind and sweet and I trusted him.

"Would you-um-like to go to Hogsmeade with me next week?" he asked. He was talking so quietly I had to strain to hear him, and what I heard was definitely not what I was expecting. I kept walking but I felt my cheeks heating and I'm not sure why. I suddenly wished I had my hair down so I could cover my burning cheeks.

I looked down at my feet as we continued to walk.

"I would love to, Neville," I said finally, "but I told Bella we could have a girls day. I could probably meet you somewhere and we could hang out later in the day. Maybe around two?"

"Yeah, that sounds great," he replied. I looked up at him and I saw a smile on his face. I smiled, too.

"We could meet at Honeydukes at two, is that good?" I asked.

"That sounds good," he replied.

"Are you ready to walk back to the castle?" I asked.

"Yeah."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Neville and I walked in silence back to the Great Hall and I found people looking and whispering behind their hands as we passed. I even got a jealous look from a few guys.

Did they seriously think I was dating Neville? He was like a brother to me, nothing more. We were just friends.

The boy's jealous glares could never match what Draco gave us. As soon as we walked in the Great Hall, I saw from the corner of my eyes, Draco giving Neville and I a glare full of jealousy, longing, and maybe even a little hatred. I decided to ignore him and Neville and I walked and sat down at the table with the rest of our friends that were all still at the table and talking. I noticed my other two roommates, Val and Calli, sitting off to the side.

"I'll be there in a minute," I murmured to Neville and I walked over to them. They were sitting next to each other which allowed me to sit across from them. Calli's blond hair was tatty and messy and Val's eyes had bags under them. They looked terrible.

"Hey," I said softly. "You guys okay?"

"Well, you may not have known this, but Val and I are sisters," Calli said. "We actually are the same age, but we have different fathers, meaning that we live apart most of the time."

"We have the same mother, of course," Val said. "Or we used to. She was found on the kitchen floor of her house. No blood or anything, it was done by a wand. She was killed."

"She lives here in England, not in America, so it's likely that You-Know-Who might have gotten her," Calli explained. "We aren't sure of what use she would have been. She was weak and she had cancer."

"It's hard, with her death," Val said softly. "I miss her." I felt a tear in my eye.

"I'm sorry," I said.

"Don't be!" Val snapped. I was taken aback by her outbreak.

"Val," Callie said, touching her sister's arm. "Don't mind her, Aly, she's just sensitive right now. It got her worse then me. They were always rather close. I don't really remember much with my mom. I was usually hiding or crying, feeling sorry for myself. I guess I didn't really know what I had until now."

I looked over at Val who was looking off into the distance as if she was in a daze, miles and miles away from reality.

"We've taken her to the Hospital Wing, but Madame Pomfrey says there really isn't much we can do," Callie said, looking at her sister. "She's gone most of the time, off in her own world. Depression I guess, I'm not sure though. Mother's death seems to have made her go a little crazy. She forgets stuff often and she doesn't sleep well. Nightmares. Silent ones, she doesn't scream or shout or anything and we usually leave the room rather early and come back late, or we stay in the Hospital. That's why you don't see us much, even in classes."

"Couldn't you go to classes though?" I asked.

"I suppose, and I know she's in good hands, but I don't like the thought of leaving her," she replied. "I'm really the only one who understands her."

"I hope she gets better," I said.

"We're trying our best to keep her sane, at least around certain people to keep her out of...you know where..."

"Yeah..." They were trying to keep her from going to St. Mungo's Hospital.

"At least till the end of the year," Calli said.

"Have you talked to Dumbledore?" I asked.

"We haven't gotten the chance, he hasn't been around," Calli replied. "Their are a lot of people saying that he's sick, or that he's traveling. Off fighting our enemies behind the lines, something like that."

"He's traveling, that's all," I said firmly. "I'm sure he'll be back soon and you can take her to him. Everything will be fine after that." Calli gave me a sad smile.

"I sure hope so," she said.

"I'll leave you now," I said softly and I stood up. "I'll-uh-talk to you later."

"Yeah, talk to you later," Calli said with a wave.

Sure, we weren't close, but they deserved to have someone to help them. They shouldn't be left alone with the situation they were in. Knowing that Dumbledore hadn't seen them made me angry. It made me angry at Dumbledore, and Madame Pomfrey, and mostly Voldemort. He's the cause to everything that's going wrong these days.

It's just not fair.

How can things be so perfect and then all of a sudden, poof, everything's terrible again? Just like the war when my parents were younger. When Harry's parents were still alive. With Sirius, and Lupin, and everyone else. When Neville's parents were sane and knew who he was. It was all Voldemort's fault.

Sirius was dead because of Voldemort. Lupin was a werewolf because of Voldemort's follower, Greyback. Lily and James were dead because of Voldemort. Neville's parents were crazy because of Voldemort. Harry had his scar because of Voldemort. Val was going nuts because of Voldemort. People were afraid because of Voldemort. I couldn't be with Draco because of Voldemort. Every damn thing was happening because of Voldemort.

I sighed as I sat down in between Bella and Neville again and then let out another sigh as I realized I still had to talk to Damon.

"You okay," Bella asked.

"Yeah, just a little stressed," I replied. She smiled at me and patted my arm.

"So, what's with you and Neville?" she whispered. I grinned and shook my head.

"Nothing, we were just talking," I whispered back. "He wanted to make sure I was alright and we talked about...some other things."

"What things?"

"Well, we're meaning up at Honeydukes next week in Hogsmeade, at two. We talked about stuff like attractions and Draco and I," I replied.

"Anything important about Neville I should know?" she asked. I thought back and remembered a told Neville I wouldn't tell anyone. Would best friends be an exception?

"We talked about some other stuff, but I promised him I wouldn't tell anyone," I replied.

"Oh, okay, that's fine," she said smiling.

"You're smiling, should I be scared?" Ron asked from across the table.

"Yeah, we're plotting a good way to sneak itching powder into your pants," I replied.

"That's itchteresting," Ron said, with a light attempt at a joke.

Nobody laughed.

"That was lame, dude," Seamus said finally.

"I was just trying to lighten the mood," Ron replied.

"Come on, Bella, Rachel," I said, "lets go."

All three of us stood up and we left the Great Hall. I felt eyes burning into the side of my head, but I tried my best to ignore the feeling. I knew Draco was watching me. He was watching how I was reacting to the break. How things were going for me. Trying to compare it to his own pain.

If he had any.

"Where are we going?" Rachel asked.

"Somewhere where I can think," I replied, "and we can talk without being overheard."

"The greenhouses?" Bella suggested.

"No."

"Let's go to the Great Lake," Rachel said.

"Yeah, okay," I replied. "That sounds good."

We walked down to the Great Lake and went to sit under one of the big trees. The sun was starting to set so the castle grounds were only just starting to get dark. As we sat under the tree, leaning against the trunk, everyone was silent. Being quiet so the others could think, and so we could think ourselves. I though about the war that was coming. About how obvious it was that everyone was nervous, even the adults. The Order was falling apart. Voldemort's army was growing. They were almost ready to fight, but they had to take Dumbledore out first and they knew it. Voldemort knew it.

Dumbledore, the only one Voldemort ever feared.

So he was getting someone to do it for him. A student. With no talent compared to Dumbledore. Draco Malfoy against Albus Dumbledore. It was an obvious one sided fight. But would Dumbledore fight back? After all, Draco was just a student. He would try to spare him, try and talk him into joining the other side. Try and show him what right, bring the goodness out in him that was hidden so deep inside.

"Okay, I'm sorry, but I have to say this," Bella said. "You like Neville freaking Longbottom!"

"What?!" I gaped at her.

"Omg, it's so obvious!" she exclaimed. "Your eyes have that little glint in them when he talks to you and the way you act around him."

"You have got to be joking," I scoffed. "That's crazy, raven. I like Neville as a friend, he's like my brother. Besides, I just broke up with Draco, I'm not that low as to go and find another guy to like in less the twenty-four hours."

"You can like more then one person at a time," Rachel said. "Who you like more is up to your heart to decide."

"Oh, that's ridiculous," I said. "That's like saying you like Seamus!"

"Ew, no!" Bella exclaimed. "That's so different."

"Why do we always have to talk about my life?" I asked. "Rachel, how's life for you?"

"Oh," she giggled. "I got permission to stay over Christmas at your house."

"That's great!" I exclaimed. "Anything else?"

"Well, George and I have been writing letters," she replied. "Surprisingly enough, he sent me a letter first asked about you and then one thing lead to another and we write constantly."

"Listen, I know George," I said, "and if he's taking enough time out if his life to talk to you, then he likes you."

"I agree," Bella said, "and George is really particular about girls. He doesn't just like people. When he likes someone, he really, really likes them."

"Like you," I said.

"Like me," Bella agreed, nodding her head.

"Oh, I don't know," Rachel said with a sigh. "It seems like he just wants to be friends."

"That's how you start a relationship," I said. "Trust me, George is a good guy and he's not one to play with a girl's feelings."

"I trust you," Rachel replied, "it's just hard to believe."

"Just go with it," Bella said. "You guys will make such a cute couple."

"I know!" I shrieked. "You'd better end up together because I can so imagine you as my sister-in-law."

"And Bella can marry Fred," Rachel said.

I burst out laughing while Bella made fake gagging sounds.

"He's so not my type," Bella said. "And he's got little miss perfect as his girlfriend."

"Who? Becca?" I asked. "I still don't like her."

"She's not that bad," Rachel said. "And why is the thought of marrying Fred so gross to you?"

"He used to have this huge crush on me when we were younger," Bella replied. "He was my first kiss and it's kind of awkward to think about us being together."

"When was your first kiss?" Rachel asked.

"Last year," she replied. "So I was fourteen and he was still sixteen at the time. It was over the summer."

"A little summer romance," Rachel said.

"More like a huge summer romance," I said, laughing. "They were all over each other." Bella's cheeks were glowing red.

"I told you never to mention that to anyone!" Bella exclaimed while Rachel and I had a fit of giggles.

"Oh! Or even better, Bella could marry Percy!" I exclaimed.

"The git," Bella mumbled.

"I'm confused," Rachel said. "I keep hearing all these bad things about Percy...what'd he do?"

"He's an asshole," I said angrily.

"But why?" she asked.

"He's a traitor," Bella said, "that's a better word. He's with the Ministry and against Harry doing anything. He's against his own family, pretty much."

"That's terrible," Rachel said.

"Did I mention he's an ass?" I asked, scowling.

"Yes, you've mentioned that many times to me," Bella replied.

"He is!" I exclaimed. "Anyways, enough talk about Percy. There was this one time over the summer when Fred and Bella were 'together' and it was so funny! Fred and George were testing out this love potion thing on this visiting family's daughter and she started going all crazy for Fred and hanging all over him and kissing him and all that junk, and when Bella saw her she got really jealous and played a prank on her."

"What kind of prank?" Rachel asked.

"She put gummy starbursts into the shower head and then poured honey in her shampoo and put glitter on her fan. So when the girl took a shower she got all sticky and the she got honey in her hair. When she came out of the bathroom and turned the fan on, glitter went everywhere and covered her from head to toe. Not to mention everyone was in the room watching. To make it worse, she was so embarrassed and freaked out that she forgot she was only wearing a towel and put her hands up to shield her face and her towel fell. In front of everyone!"

"At least it was clever," Bella said.

"Bella got in so much trouble with her parents, but Fred and George loved it. They cracked up so hard and I don't think it was because they saw Ron's face when the poor girl's towel fell," I said. "Ron's never been the same since."

Rachel was laughing at this point and I was close to tears. Bella had given up on trying to be serious and was laughing along with us. Oh, those were the days.

"You'd better watch yourself, ginger," Bella said, finally getting control of herself. "I have some terrible stories about you."

"Like what?" I challenged.

"Oh, I dunno, remember the time when those chipmunks sta-" she began but I covered her mouth.

"That is a very inappropriate story, Bella!" I exclaimed.

Those chipmunks scared me for life. I will never be the same and nor will George, who was with me at the time.

"Oh, remember the time when Fred tried to get Ron to do the Unbreakable Vow? I wasn't there for that, but the stories are great!" Bella said.

"Yeah, dad caught him and Fred says his left buttocks has never been the same since," I replied.

"Forgetting about Fred's left buttocks, what was the vow about?" Rachel said, blushing lightly.

"I don't remember," I said. "Something stupid and childish, but that's to be expected with them."

"Obviously," Bella said and we all smiled at each other.

"I also remember that time when mum walked in on Fred and this girl making out. I think they were half-naked. I don't even know how the girl got there, but mum flipped! She started yelling and Fred wasn't even allowed to go near girls, including his family, for the whole summer. The only female company he was allowed to have was mum," I said.

"We could tell stories for hours," Bella said, giggling.

"We have," I replied, "it's already eight."

"It can't be!" Rachel said. I showed them my watch.

"Time sure does fly," I said.

"Yeah," Bella said, "it does."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay guys, I was going to update tomorrow but I'm already ahead on writing and a few of the ahead chapters are already written. Most of this was more of a filler chapter, but make sure you read it! There are some important details.

I hope this will give you some explination with some of the characters, the big bomb is coming in the next chapter, so get prepared for that! I will try and update later today or tomorrow if I have the time to get online.

Don't forget to vote for your favorite story title! (Titles are on the previous chapter). Feel free to sent me message or leave a comment!

Thanks, guys!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 83 14
Professor McGonagall had had enough. The fights will stop, even if it's the last thing she does. These three are worse than when the Marauders and Sn...
8.9K 129 26
It's your 6th year and you have been friends with Malfoy since the first year but this year something is off and you don't feel right around him. You...
29.9K 556 37
- Draco Malfoy and Fred Weasley love triangle. -oc fanfic ... Draco Malfoy, Mr. Daddy's Money, has always acted like he hated her. What happens...
173K 3.1K 41
𝖽𝗎𝗆𝖻 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾 (a draco malfoy social media story) i guess it was just dumb love... republished: november 5, 2022 tags: #16 in #dracoxoc: may...