Come...Fall In Love!

By hemisha

Kathy would always tell herself, "An arranged marriage is not something I'd ever settle for. I believe in lov... More

Introduction
1: It all began here
2: Celebrate!
3: Miss over-confident!
4: Trying to break the ice!
5: Holi celebrations!
6: Hurt
7: A day of horror
8: Unexpected turn of events
9: The wedding
10: New life, new beginning?
11: Going back home
13: Conspiracy?
14: Goa it is!
15: Adventurous road journey
16: Honeymoon
17: Oops, he messed it
18: Sweet Distance
19: Book of memories
20: Worrying, caring and ditching
21: Happy birthday!
22: He drops the Bomb!
23: I'll look after you
24: A Heart to Heart
25. Is that Jealousy?
26. Solving the Mystery
27: Diwali
28: Just him & her
29: Here I'm
30: Lonavala- I
31. Lonavala- II
32: New Year
33: Tense moments
34: Tests
35: Uh-ah
36: What did I do?
37: Silent suffering
38: Is it the end?!
39: A year later...
40: Epilogue
Announcement
41) It Is Back...

12: Learning about each other

19.2K 705 15
By hemisha

Chapter 12:

"Mr. Shenoy accepts that you are an old man now!" Kathy told Ronnie and he gave her a look which asked her to 'shut up' 
"I won't shut up Mr. Shenoy! Accept that you are a bore and cannot find happiness in little things like these!" Kathy pushed him once again and Ronnie gave in finally. He walked out of his car and joined Kathy. He felt the cold water falling on his body and he closed his eyes and took in all the feeling it gave him. His body relaxed and he found himself enjoying in the rainfall. His clothes were soaked in water and he spread his arms wide as if he was welcoming rains with open arms. Kathy looked at him and smiled. But of course she couldn't let him forget that she was present there too, so she cupped her hands, filled them with water and splashed it on Ronnie's face bringing him back to reality. He looked at her with wide eyes as she tried to hide her smile 

"You did not just do that!" Ronnie said. 

"Do what Mr. Shenoy?" Kathy asked him innocently. 

"You will pay for this!" Ronnie said and ran towards her, which made Kathy run too. She tried going as far from him as possible but he soon got hold of her and wrapped his arms around her waist. His fingers started tickling her and she started laughing uncontrollably. She tried to go away from him but his hold on her was firm. 

They were standing on an isolated lane. It was very dark there even though it was only 5 in the evening. The clouds thundered and lightening flashed and it was raining heavily, both of them were soaked in the rain. They were on their way to the movie theatre when it started raining and Kathy wanted to enjoy this more. Ronnie sat in his car and watched her literally dancing on the street with rain falling down so heavily. But soon, Kathy had pulled him out in the rain. It was his first experience and he liked it, it calmed him somehow. Kathy's cousin had bought 2 tickets of some romantic Hindi movie and pushed the newlyweds out of the Dutta family house even though the movie timing was 7pm. Kathy did not care that Ronnie was going to accompany her for the movie, she was excited to see the movie because it starred her favorite actor and the promos looked promising enough. 

"Mr. Shenoy, I'm so-sorry!" Kathy said as he still tickled her. He looked at her and she was red from laughing, he stopped tickling her but his hands were still around her waist, his eyes had certain warmth and he was still smiling at her. He looked so young then. 

"I like this side of you Mr. Shenoy!" Kathy said. She stared at him, her eyes jolly like always, her hairs were wet and were falling down freely now, a few strands covered her eyes and forehead. Ronnie took away his hands almost immediately, his eyes lost all the warmth and he cleared his throat. 

"I don't think you want to miss the beginning of the movie. Let's go!" his voice was flat, with no emotions and he started walking towards his car. Kathy rolled her eyes and sighed but said nothing. She walked behind him and sat on the passenger seat and Ronnie began his car. The ride was silent and they reached the theatre in a few minutes and were just on time as they saw people walking inside. They walked in and sat on their seats. Kathy's cousin had booked corner seats for them and again there was silence filled in until Ronnie felt Kathy's hand on his. He looked at her and saw that she was holding both the sides of her seat and crying, her eyes were glued at the screen. He let out a small laugh. This girl was crazy he thought. She was actually lost in the movie and her emotions changed as per every scene playing on screen. Ronnie did not really like the movie but Kathy entertained him by her behavior without her know about it! They walked out of the theatre after the movie and Ronnie saw a few people from media but he ignored them and they sat in his car. 

"Did you like the movie Mr. Shenoy?" Kathy asked him, her eyes were shinning. 

"You think so? I was bored to death!" he replied and Kathy rolled her eyes. 

"Oh...should have asked a normal human!" Kathy mumbled. 

"I heard that!" Ronnie said as he started driving, Kathy gave him a look but then turned her face towards the window. 

"Hey stop, stop, stop!" Kathy said suddenly and Ronnie did stop the car. 

"What?" he asked her. 

"I want to eat Pav Bhaji at the stall there!" Kathy said pointing at a nearby stall. 

"No we are not eating there, it is unhygienic!" Ronnie said like parent would tell their children. 

"Have you lost it? Let me guess, you have never tasted that, right?" Kathy asked him. 

"I would never!" he replied but Kathy walked out and ordered food. Ronnie sighed but got out of the car since it was a roadside stall and he couldn't let her stand there alone this late. She started eating like a kid and very unwomen-like, enjoying the taste in her mouth. 

"Try it once at least!" she told Ronnie when she saw him staring at her. He cleared his throat and shook his head. He wondered how Kathy was still like a kid...so care free, so happy with herself, so full of life! He looked around and saw there were a few people around the Pav bhaji stall and there were few other stalls lined up after this stall. Kathy saw him looking around and thought of making him eat this forcefully. She was sure that he was hungry and she liked eating food stuffs like this! She really wanted him to try this once, so she took a spoonful bhaji with some crumbs of Pav and took it to his mouth and tried to make him eat. He looked at her with disgust and gave her a tough look but she did not budge. She looked at him with puppy eye expression and forced him to eat it. 

"Please hubby, only once!" she flickered her eyes. 

"Hubby?" Ronnie asked. 

"That's what you are!" Kathy winked. 

"You what all things a hubby can do?" he asked with amused eyes. 

"Okay fine, I won't call you that. But please try this once!" Kathy said. Ronnie laughed at the crazy girl standing in front of him. 

"You're acting like you've made this and you want people to appreciate you for that!" Ronnie commented but at last tried it out once. 

"You like it?" she asked, looking hopeful. 

"You know what, you were right! This tastes awesome! I love it!" he said as he started devouring the spicy taste of bhaji with pieces of Pav. Kathy jumped in victory and ate with him. 

"Mr. Shenoy, let's try something from those two corners too, I'm sure you'll like that too!" Kathy said and he thought about it for a minute. He had actually enjoyed today. He had loosened up a lot today so he thought he could do it at least for today and let himself get lost in the moment, just like his wife. He nodded his head agreeing to Kathy's suggestion and though she was shocked she smiled at him and dragged him with her. They tried out carious stuffs on other counters and Ronnie actually tried those things out. He liked most of it. The only thing he did not like was when Kathy added extra spices to his food for 'fun' and his mouth was actually burning. Kathy was laughing so hard that her eyes watered. She apologize him for that and offered him an ice cream. He happily grabbed the pistachio flavored ice cream cone and relished the taste. 

They finally left the place and walked in to Ronnie's house. Everyone was waiting for them to come. Ronnie made a face on seeing them and walked up to his room straight away; Kathy looked at her husband and frowned. She did not understand his behavior, she ignored that and went up to her in-laws and they chatted for a while. Kathy was getting to know Ronnie's family and she found that most of his cousins were their age. They were into varied fields and doing pretty well professionally. Two of his cousins were engaged and were going to marry soon. Kathy told them about herself, her family and friends. She promised one of her brother-in-law to set him up with one of her friends. She walked in to her room, once they all left Ronnie's house. She was supposed stay in Ronnie's room at least up till his parents were staying with them. She got went to the bathroom, took a bath and changed into her shorts and a lose T-shirt, brushed her teeth and walked out of the bathroom. Ronnie was not in the room then, so now she knew that she could have the bed to herself. She could make him sleep on the couch like he did that to her on the previous night. 

"What the hell! This is my bed, get out of here." Ronnie screamed and Kathy covered her ears with the second pillow and went back to sleep, smiling at his red face. 

Ronnie was not going to give up, so he went up to his bed and actually pushed her off the bed, making her fall down. She looked at him with wide eyes. 

"You did not just do that!" she said rubbing her bum. 

"This is my bed!" he repeated, slowly this time. Kathy glared at him and stood up. 

"You're no gentleman!" she said and Ronnie made a face. 

Kathy lunched her towards him and pushed him off the bed. Though Kathy was shorter and weaker than Ronnie, he was pushed away from the bed because she caught him off guard. 

"I'm sleeping here tonight!" Kathy said. 

"Fine!" he gave up and walked to the couch and adjusted himself there. Kathy giggled and went off to sleep.

"Good Night Mr. Shenoy! It was a fun day today!" Kathy said before closing her eyes. Ronnie ignored her and went off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Please Vote, Comment, Follow  me and Share this story if you like it. 

Thanks for reading this. 

-Hemii :) :) :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

896K 57K 54
• An arranged marriage love story • ❝ His soul was tainted with darkness, Hers was full of light. One without the other, they knew they wouldn't surv...
12.5K 944 17
Kashvi Rao never planned to get married, and it was never her choice. However, when she finally agreed to marry, it was to the man chosen by her pare...
1.3M 57.7K 68
#1 in Forever together. #1 in First Attempt. #1 in Arranged Love. Karuna Singhania: She belongs to a typical Indian family where a girl has many rest...
610K 34.3K 38
[FEATURED]Thrown together on a one month long honeymoon, Vansh and Ahaana had to live under one roof in an apartment, away from chaos, to accept each...