Prison Chic #1st book of the...

By RedNos

#26 in Action on 7/3/2016 Joanna Blake is a reckless girl who wished to be normal all her twenty-one years bu... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 10-2
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Frienship... Forever?
Chapter 13
chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
A dark, dark Past
chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
chapter 21
I Guess I'm Stuck With You
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Unexpected
Death.. and Love
Chapter 25
Chapter 26- part 1
Chapter 26- part 2
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Loyalty is... hard to get
Over and over, your son.
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Final Chapter 55 (Part 1)
Final Chapter 55 (Part 2)
Epilogue
Announcement!
BONUS Ending

Chapter 38

6K 139 19
By RedNos

[BlueBird]: Why did you pick Lion?

[Lion]: So irrelevant.

[BlueBird]: you’ve always been the Fox.

[Lion]: well, I decided to change it. Drop. It!

[BlueBird]: WHY?

[Lion]: Fuck, BB, it’s because I like the sound of my nickname from her, and Lion is the closest to it. Happy?

[BlueBird]: …………..

[Lion]: So, is it possible we can discuss more serious matters?

[BlueBird]: yes, sorry.

[Lion]: I’m going to send you the initial data on your safe account. I am not going to ask you for much; whatever you can do in your situation is fine.

[BlueBird]: please don’t worry about me.

[Lion]: I’m not worried.

[BlueBird]: oh.

{BlueBird]: G2G.

[Lion]: G2G? Really??!!

“Morales, are you done with assorting the library data?” Young Lee, the prison librarian, asked Hank who was sitting on one of the computers of the library.

“Yes, sir. All clear.”

“It took you long.”

“Really? Oh, I’m so sorry. But with the long list of the new books this is going to take me real long every time I come here.” Hank said but the librarian looked at him suspiciously. “You know, the computers here are really old.” Hank said apologetically.

Lee relaxed visibly and sighed, “Yes, I am aware of that.” He said and looked at Hank again, “Your time is up. You need to get going before the guards hammer me.”

 “Yes. Thank you, sir.” Hank said finally and logged out of the computer. He made sure his conversation with Julian was deleted. It would be real problematic if anyone found out.

“So why did you call yourself Lion? An who the hell is BlueBird?” Julian jumped When Joanna said so close to his ear. Apparently she was staring at the computer screen that he’d been working on for a while now.

“Anna, how long have you been here?” Julian said calmly.

“Since….” Joanna said and turned her eyes up as if she was counting, “right, since when you wrote ‘I like when she says my nickname’.” She said and smiled cheekily at him. Julian sighed. “You sneaky girl.” He said and turned on his chair to grab her to him. Joanna giggled loudly as he tickled her hard.

 “Stop.. Stop please.” Joanna was trying to say.

Julian buried his head in her neck and nuzzled there, making her flinch. “So did you mean me?” she asked suddenly and Julian pulled out and looked at her face.

“Because if you meant another girl, I’d snap your head right now.” Joanna said sweetly but creepily as well.

Julian laughed loudly before he kissed her head. “It’s only you baby.”

“So is it true? You called your self Lion because it’s close to Lian?”

“Yeah, I guess.” Julian said and eased her out and on her feet again. “So who’s BlueBird?” she asked and frowned down at him.

Julian thought about it for a second. Was it alright if he told her that hank was involved? He decided that he was hiding way too many horrible secrets from her that this one seemed harmless.

“It’s Hank?” Julian said finally and watched as her deep green globes widened.

“How? Why?” Joanna said in confusion and looked at the screen as if Hank would magically appear.

“Hank is pretty skillful. He’s not all skeleton and frightened eyes you know.” Julian said proudly and humoredly but Joanna only narrowed her eyes on him.

“This is dangerous.” She snapped.

“Everything is dangerous right now, Anna.” Julian turned serious and looked up at her. He saw mixed emotion there, panic, worry, and self-contempt.

“Anna, baby please.” Julian started and grabbed her waist gently. “Hank wouldn’t listen anyways. And I am making sure he is safe… somehow.”

Joanna seemed like she wanted to say so much, but she only nodded. “Please be careful.” She said finally and went back to the kitchen. She’d been spending a lot of time there in the last week they’ve been here.

“We are out of milk.” She called.

That was another problem for Julian. If they were going to survive, they’d have to go out and buy things and he wasn’t going to make Isaac his bill boy every time he felt like having something.

Suddenly Joanna came back with wide eyes, “it’s ok.” She assured him, “We can live without it. I was just informing you.”

“It’s alright. I can’t live without my cheerio’s anyway.” Julian smiled assuringly at her making her smile. “I think it’s alright if I go at night.” He told her.

“Why you? I can do it.” Joanna said proudly.

Julian blinked at her a few times before he said, “Not to be rude or anything, but you are not a good coy. I mean if someone simply stare at you, you might spit at him out of anger..” he stopped when he saw her cheek redden, “And I say that with all the love.”

Joanna stomped once on the ground and huffed, “Fine. You go then.” And then she turned and left. Julian had to suppress his laugh. This was so typical of her.

Joanna threw her body back at the comfy mattress of their bedroom. She was so bored. But she couldn’t tell that to Julian. What with all the work that he buried himself under and all alone in the past week. What frustrated her more was the fact that’s she couldn’t help him with anything.

She sat up and looked around her. How much she wished she’d be normal, that this would be normal.

But it wasn’t.

She wasn’t even sure if the Colombo would even accept Julian crazy offer. And as much as selfish that was from her, she wished they would.

Joanna’s hand touched something solid under Julian’s pillow. She grabbed it and saw that it was his phone. She thought about calling Mark, but remembered that she’d already called him last night. It wasn’t good to keep in contact with him in case someone was watching. And someone was watching.

She scrawled down at the numbers and saw a new one. An Unidentified one. She opened the contact list and saw that all the people they both knew and had phones were on that list, so who was the owner of the unidentified number’s?

She was about to punch in the number and call but decided against it. Julian must have a reason. She trusted him.

She trusted Julian.

It was really late and Julian was walking back from the small groceries shop down the street from their apartment building. He was well disguised so no one appeared to recognize him, but still, he kept an eye on his surroundings.

And there was someone watching. He could feel it.

When he reached home, he placed the bags on the breakfast island in front of the kitchen and walked back to his computer. Joanna was already asleep. He hated that he wasn’t able to spend his time with here but he had more serious issues to work through.

He overestimated his power with this project. Hank was right, this was going to take longer than he thought.

Suddenly, the small mobile in his pocket started buzzing. He took it out and his eyes widened at the caller number.

Speak of the Devil.

“Peter.” Julian said once he was out of the apartment. He couldn’t afford Joanna hearing this. “What do you want?"

“Hello to you too, Mr. Drake.” Peter White said in his disgustingly familiar voice. “Having a good night?”

“Not really, considering you are disturbing my precious time. What. Do. You. Want?” Julian said angrily.

“Oh, is that so?” Peter started, “I thought you were free. Considering you had your little trip down to the groceries store down the street.”

Every heir in Julian’s being stood to attention as chills went up and down his spine. He said nothing, but his brain started plotting multiple plans immediatly.

“Now don’t think you can leave this building yet.” Peter said snarky, “Because if you did, you can kiss your sweetheart goodbye.”

“How the hell did you find us.” Julian snapped.

“Now now, Mr. Drake. There’s no reason for shouting. My men will think that something wrong is going on up there.”

Julian gulped at the thought of them being surrounded by the mafia. Now what?

“Don’t worry. 'I’m still on with your deal. You’ll have to forgive me, Drake. I just had to ensure you weren’t playing with me.” Peter said apologetically but Julian didn’t buy it.

“This was not our deal!” Julian snapped again. He was out of his game. Damn it.

“Well, it is your deal but under my rules. Just the way I like it.” Peter said proudly. The man was happy with himself. “In case you didn’t understand my rules yet, I’d be happy to go through them with you.” He continued, “The girl should not under any circumstances leave the building unless you tell me first. You are not to relocate your stay, and if you think you are clever enough to pull that, then you are utterly mistaken.”

Julian was sweating non-stop right then. Not from the heat but from this shitty situation. “Fine.” He said, “She’ll stay in. I’ll not move my staying. But you are going to have to wait until I finish The Zelda. It’s going to take a while.”

“You have one week.” Peter said.

“That’s bullshit.” Julian yelled at the phone, “there’s no way!”

“Well then I’ll give you two. If you haven’t finish by then, the n you’ll have to hear my requests.” Peter said, “It goes like that or I’ll easily take the girl.”

“Over my dead body.” Julian said between painfully gritted teeth.

"So be it. So do we have a deal, Mr. Drake?” peter said bitterly. Julian couldn’t say no. Somehow his brain stopped functioning and all he could think of is the small blond sparky girl who was sleeping inside.

“Yes.” Julian said. It was the only thing to say really.

“You know, you can always leave the girl and run.” Peter said and Julian wanted to pounder the son of a bitch to the ground.

“Fuck you.” Julian hissed and shut the phone after he heard peter white laugh darkly.

Two weeks. Fuck, he’d have to finish then.

P.S. to readers:

It’s really short? I know, but I had to give you the next suspense. Lol.

Thanks to all of you who’d been awesomely patient with me. Rough time means No time. So bear with me a little. I’m trying.

So what did you think of peter White dirty move? AND WHO THE H IS HE?

Well, you’ll have to find laaaaater on. Not too later though >..<

So thanks again my lovely fans.  Your comments and Votes are appreciated. So pleased to receive them.

So comment and Vote XD

Love you people,

Red

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 188 51
The second part of the series reveals the infamous assassins Aria and Harry falling back into the shoes of their old personalities. Turning back into...
174K 2.9K 25
Eighteen-year old Marianna Rodriguez is distraught by the abrupt news from her father. Her father lost touch to reality years ago when he plummeted i...
Macrina By Maya F

General Fiction

76.9K 2.8K 63
"Honestly, I think you're really gonna like New York." "New York? Like New York City, New York?" "The one and only," my cousin grinned, taking a swig...
1.4M 33.5K 103
*WARNINGS* This story contains: sexual & mature language/acting strong use of words. drugs and alcohol. rape and assault. weapons. violent behaviour...