When I Met Them....

By BloodLustDemon

"My life was hell from the start. I never really knew my parents, they were killed when I was a infant. I was... More

When I Met Them....
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter Five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
MUST READ! I'M SORRY!

Chapter nine

6K 283 72
By BloodLustDemon

Here ya go!

VOTE!!!

COMMENT!!!

ENJOY!!!

Time skip. A month later.

Canaan POV

I sighed, looking up at the sky, 'It's already been a month since I came here...' I thought. The rumors of 'The Ghost of Konoha' had spread like wild fire, and now I was practically a celebrity. Though I refused to sign autographs. 

I sat on a tree branch, swinging my legs back and forth, thinking. 

'I hate the world. It's so boring. And lame. And loud. And annoying. And social. And-'

"Hey, Canaan."

My string of negative thoughts on the earth were cut off as someone sat down next to me. I looked over to see Asuma, who was just lighting a cigarette, spirals of smoke floating softly into the air, before getting blown away in the wind. 

"That's bad for your heath you know." I said, eyeing the offending object with a slightly annoyed expression. "And it smells too." 

He shrugged, "Then hold your breath." I gave him an annoyed glare. "And what if I don't feel like holding my breath?" I asked, or rather, demanded. Asuma took a pull on the cigarette, before exhaling smoke everywhere. "Then deal with it midget."

I nearly fell out of the tree. 

"WHAT did you call me!?" I spluttered, fully prepared to kick him off the branch we were siting on. He smirked at me, his cigarette sticking out of the corner of his mouth.

"Midget." 

That's it. Rant time.

"I ain't a midget! I'm just not extraordinarily tall! Just cause I happen to be below the average height does not automatically make me short! And I'm not short anyway, for all we know, you people could just be freakishly tall!" Ok, for a rant that wasn't too much really, but for me that was alot of talking.

"Sure, sure," Said Asuma, rubbing his ear. "I'm still calling you midget though."

I huffed, crossing my arms over my chest. "Just wait till I hit my growth spurt. Then we'll see who's a midget."

"It'll still be you." Asuma dead-panned, polluting the air even more as he exhaled. "You don't know that!" I exclaimed, pointing a finger at him dramatically. "For all you know, I could get up to six feet tall!" 

Asuma stared at me for a second, before busting out laughing. I just sat there, my eye twitching, attempting to push away the awkwardness of my situation.

"Y-you, six feet tall!? In your dreams kid!" He said, still laughing. "Hey! It could happen!" I argued, despite knowing it would most probably, never happen. Asuma sighed, finally calming down after his laughing fit, "You keep thinking that, midget." 

"I will hit you."

"No you won't."

"You wanna bet?"

"...............Not really."

"I didn't think so."

I leaned against the tree, and we sat in silence for awhile, now and then commenting on a the people going about their daily lives below us.

"So," Asuma started, "How's the whole, 'Ghost of Konoha' thing going?" He asked. I shrugged, "It's not too bad, I mean, I don't really do much, but that's fine by me." Asuma rolled his eyes, "lazy ass." He said. I folded my arms behind my head, "Tch, just because I am often reluctant to work does not mean I'm lazy." I said. "No," Said Asuma, "But the fact you almost never do any work, does." 

"Shut up."

He chuckled.

"How's the village working for you?" He asked. "Eh, It's Ok." I said, not really sure what to say. Asuma rose an eyebrow, "Just Ok? What don't you like about it?" He asked. "Oh I don't dislike it, the village itself is amazing." I said, "There's just.....a looooot of people......" 

"Your rather antisocial, arn't you." He dead-panned. 

"Not necessarily....." I said, Though there wasn't much conviction in my tone. 

"Yeah. You are." Asuma said.

"I'm not antisocial! I just don't like people." I said. 

Asuma gave me a 'really' look. "That's the same thing." He said..

"Not in my book."

"Then your book is a fairy tail."

I shrugged. "Helps me from going insane with reality." I said.

Asuma stared at me for a second, "I suppose I can see the logic in that." 

After a few minuets of sitting there in silence, I felt the tiny spike of a villager's chakra. I glanced in the direction I felt it come from, and stood up. "Well, it was nice talking to you Asuma, but I got to go. Got another problem to take care of." 

Asuma rose an eyebrow, "How do you know that?" He asked. 'Oh, right, he doesn't know about my abilities,' I thought. "I'll tell you some other time, right now I've got business to take care of." I said, leaping down from the tree, and ninja jumping to the nearest roof. "See ya, Asuma!" I shouted over my shoulder. 

"See ya, midget!" He shouted back. 

My eye twitched at the nickname, and I threw a kunai carelessly over my shoulder, the satisfying 'thunk' resounding in my ears. I smirked. 

Asuma's POV

I was sitting in a tree with Canaan, nether of us talking. I had originally come here to get an opinion of her, after all, she was a S-rank criminal, so I wasn't sure if I should trust her or not. And after talking to her, I decided I rather liked the kid. Not only that, but she really was, just a kid, albeit a talented, (and sometimes scary) kid, but a kid nonetheless.

Which makes me even more curios as to what someone of her age was doing travailing alone, and how the hell she got such a huge bounty. 

Suddenly Canaan stood up, "Well, it was nice talking to you Asuma, but I got to go. Got another problem to take care of." I rose an eyebrow,  "How do you know that?" I asked. She stared at me for a second, "I'll tell you some other time, right now I've got business to take care of." She said, and leaped down from the tree, before jumping to the nearest roof top.

"See ya, Asuma!" She shouted. I smirked slightly, 

"See ya, midget!

I turned back, just in time for something to flash past my face, piercing the trunk of the tree with a dull 'thunk'. A bead of sweat rolled down the side of my face as I gulped, looking at my cigarette, which was now pinned against the tree by a kunai. I sweat-dropped.

'I think I know how she got that bounty.' I thought.

Time skip. 

Canaan's POV

I sighed, rather disappointed with that last 'mission'. I mean come on, I was enjoying talking with Asuma, and then I had to go and break up some drunken fight at a bar. I actually thought about breaking the two guys fighting at the bar, just because I was pissed at them. But Gramps might've scolded me, so I settled for knocking them out. I did break their noses though. 

I walked past the Academy, the place I'd be if I wasn't a special case. As I past by the school yard, I felt another spike in someone's chakra. What seemed like a cloud of chakra lifted from my body as I used my chakra mist  to see what was going on. 

From what I could tell, there was a group of about seven guys, all of whom were ganging up on one boy, and they were knocking him up quite a bit. I frowned. Four grown men and three teenagers, all against one boy, who couldn't be older than twelve. 

You really can't blame me for getting pissed off.

I flashed to a tree above the fight, looking down at scene. I blinked, the boy, who had blond hair, was a jinchunrinki, and the kuuybi at that. Gramps had told me about this kid, oh, what did he say his name was.....

......................................................................Oh! Naruto!

I glanced down as Naruto was pushed against the tree I was in, he winced. Guess it was time for me to intervene. I slipped on my mask, before raising my hand, palm up, and liquid chakra started pooling in my hand, before over flowing. I tipped my hand so the chakra streamed toward the ground. When it hit the ground, I had it tunnel a couple feet below the surface, before beginning to navigate it underground, till it was several feet behind the men attacking Naruto.

I let it pool there for a moment, waiting for a good time to strike. I smirked evilly, I was going to have fun with this. I wasn't going to hurt them too bad or anything, just....scare them a bit. 

One of the men stepped forward, raising his fist. Naruto tensed, preparing to take the hit. Just as the man swung his fist forward, however, a fountain of chakra erupted from the ground, and one of the many tendrils shot out, wrapping around the man's wrist, stopping him from from landing the blow.

Many more tendrils joined the first, wrapping around the man and hoisting him into air as he screamed. The rest of group stared at him in shock, seemingly frozen, before attempting to make a run for it. But as they all turned tail and bolted, the thousands of strings of chakra whipped forward, snagging the runaways, tripping them up, dragging them back, you name it. They were terrified.

Hey, don't judge me. I was bored, Ok? I haven't had much to do recently, and let's face it, they deserve it. 

After a few minuets of playing with them, I finally let them go. It was quite entertaining to watch them run away screaming. Naruto just sat there in shock, Completely oblivious to the blood trickling down his leg from a cut on his knee, as well as the many other scuffs and bruises he had.

I snickered. And his head snapped up at the sound, searching the place I had been mere milliseconds ago. 

"Pathetic, really." I said, leaning against the tree next to him. He jumped, whirling around, only to fall over in shock at spotting me. "W-who...?"  He stuttered, eyes wide. I grinned, not that he could see it though the mask. "You don't know who I am, Naruto?" Recognition flashed though his eyes, and he pointed at me, still sitting on ground.

"Your that Ghost every ones talking about!" He exclaimed, I chuckled. "That's me." I said. He gaped at me for a second, then frowned. "But, why'd you help me?" He asked. I tilted my head to side slightly in confusion. "Why? Well, that's my job, isn't it? I help those who are in need, and punish those who are bad. You were in need, so I helped you." 

"Yeah, but, well.....the village doesn't exactly like me......" He trailed off, as if he were afraid I'd run from him. Though I just smiled my tiny smile, and even though he couldn't see it, I'm sure he heard it in my voice when I spoke. "Maybe, but I'm not the village, now am I." I said kindly. Which was not an emotion you heard often in my voice.

He grinned, "Nope! But I'm not bothered by it, believe it!" He said. I smirked at him "Well, that's good to hear, wouldn't want you getting beat up all the time." His grin turned mischievous, "Just you wait, one day I'll be the Hokage, then the village will have to look up to me!" He said. I smirked, "I'm looking forward to it." I said.

Naruto's grin got even wider, but as he went to stand up, he winced. I held out my hand, he stared at it for a second, the took it. After I had helped him up, I placed my hand on his chest, channeling chakra into his body. 

"Whoa!" He gasped, as his wounds closed up before his eyes. "That was awesome, believe it!" He said, throwing his arm in the air. I smirked, "I know." I said. As Naruto danced around, going on about how cool the whole thing had been, I was contemplating something. 

"Hey, Naruto, come here." I said, motioning him over. He stopped his rant, glancing at me with an 'Eh?' before walking over, his curiosity displayed on his face. "Ok, now I'm going to teach you something, alright? But if you want me to tell you what it is, you need to promise me something." 

"Hai!" He said, with this......really creepy sparkle face on. (A/N sparkle face on the side.) I sweat-dropped, but continued on with what I was saying. "Er, right, anyway, you need to promise me not to tell anyone about this, Ok? Not anyone." He jumped into a salute, "I won't tell anyone, I swear! Believe it!" 

My sweat-drop grew, 'Where does he get that energy from?' I thought. 'Does he have some kind of hidden reserve?'

"Alright," I said, "Then copy this hand sign." I showed him the Rat hand sign. He copied me. I nodded. "Good. Now imagine your chakra exploding from your core." Naruto looked at me, "Er, what's that supposed to do?" He asked. I lowered my hands. "It summons me. When you do this, It'll send a signal to me, telling me you need me." 

Naruto didn't look very impressed. "Ok, but how is that an awesome jutsu?" He asked. I got an anger mark, and I whacked him upside the head. "I'm allowing you to have the privilege of being able to summon me! Besides the Hokage and a select few other ninja, no one else knows this! Be grateful!" I lectured. 

He got that stupid sparkle in his eyes again, "What! Really! I've got this, believe it!" He said. I rolled my eyes. This jutsu was fairly easy to learn, and after a couple of tries, he got it. 

"HA HA! I got It! I got it! I'm awesome, believe it!" His rant was cut off as I knocked him upside the head, yet again. "That's great, now shut up." I said. He rubbed his head, looking up at me with a questioning expression. "You never told me what your name was." He said. 

'Oh crap.' I thought, 'Grapms never told me I couldn't tell anyone what my name was...I guess it couldn't hurt.'

"Canaan."

"Canaan? That's a weird name."

WHACK.

"OW! Ok, Ok, I get it. Geez."

I sighed, "Anyway, I've got to go, nice meeting you." I said, starting to walk away. "Wait!." I turned around to see Naruto standing there awkwardly. "Er, will I get to see you again? You know, cause your one of the only people who'll talk to me, and, well, I guess-" I chuckled, cutting him off. "What do you think I showed you that jutsu for." I asked him. He blinked, and his face broke into the one of the biggest grins I'd ever seen.

"Right! See ya around, Canaan! Believe it!" 

I smiled. "See ya, Naruto." I said. And with that, I vanished. 

Hey, I don't have the nickname 'Ghost', for nothing, you know. 

'Anyway, maybe today wasn't too much of a waste after all." I thought, slipping in though the window to mine and Ibiki's house. I walked silently, trying not to wake Ibiki. It was pretty late,I must've lost track of time. After getting something to eat, I crept up the stairs, and flopped down on the bed in my room. Closing my eyes, I started floating away to dream land, finally getting my precious sleep.

Cause I don't about anyone else, but for me, sleep is gold. If I don't get it, there's no way I can do anything. Good night. 

...........................................I'm done. FINALLY. I'm sorry it took so long to get this out, but I hope you enjoyed it! Tell me what you think about her  and things going on in the story, feedback helps me update. And don't forget to vote!

-Akuma

Continue Reading