It's a deal

By AnnaYoung093

They always say opposites attract but what they don't tell you is, alikes can attract too. Charlie Graye, th... More

Chapter 1: So Here We Go
Chapter 2: Why You?
Chapter 4: Stalking now, are we?
Chapter 5: It's Like a Bunch of Clones
Chapter 6: Who knew I'd be here?

Chapter 3: Of all people, you picked him?

55 2 0
By AnnaYoung093

Adrian's POV

This girl. Let me tell you, she was something else.

She was an annoying and irritating something else. You thought that was going somewhere else, huh?

Every other poster she'd stop to 'admire'. But I swear she was just doing it to annoy me.

"Oh, I really like this one." She said with the most sarcastic voice ever. I turned around glaring at her which just caused her to start giggling.

That was cute. I mean what. No. She's annoying not 'cute'. I don't call girls cute. And I have Addison, even if she is an annoying bitch.

She walked over to me and took deep breaths to calm down her laughing, "you look like a tomato when you do that."

I smirked down at her, "I bet I'm hot though."

She rolled her eyes at me, which she does a lot, "like I've said, you're not all you make yourself out to be. Ever think that maybe you're not as hot as you think and someone out there is hotter than you?"

"I doubt that I'm obviously the hottest male on earth. Who would even be hotter than me?"

She looked around the hall as people started filing out of their second period, suddenly her eyes brightened up, "oh hell yeah. Him right there. He's way hotter."

I turned around to find she was pointing to the one and only Jace Winston.

I huffed, "why him. Out of all dudes you pick the biggest douche in the school. And not to add but he's the captain of the football team. Why him, Charlie?"

She stared at him admiringly then looked at me with an innocent look, "if I wanted to pick the biggest douche in the school I'd pick you. But him, he's hot. And built. And god damn his eyes, there the prettiest emerald color. And his-"

I slammed my hand over her mouth, "shut up please. How can you even see his eyes if he's so far away and plus he's not all he stoops out to be trust me. He's a douche. He's played so many girls. Way more than I have. And even though he starts out all sweet and caring. The moment he gets you alone all he wants is sex. He's not your type."

She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest. Well I've made her pissy. "You've seriously only known me for barley three hours. There for you don't even know my 'type' I don't even have a type. I just fall for guys who are kind to me and treat me right." She huffed and started staring at Jace again. "I'm going to go talk to him."

I put my hands up in surrender, "fine but don't say I didn't warn you, princess."

That isn't a good idea at all. Why the hell am I so protective over a girl I just met. I seriously hate everyone, so why is she different?

Charlie's POV

I started walking towards Jace. I've always had a lot of confidence but right now it's wearing out to its very end.

As I start to approach him and the cheerleaders around him I suddenly start to get intimidated. Not only that but self conscious. Which never happens.

All these cheerleaders are so in shape and well, I'm not. I don't do sports, eating is my favorite pass time and I honestly have no muscle. I mean sure I'm pretty small and people would say I'm 'skinny' but I'm not in any shape at all. Not even close to the cheerleaders.

A look of confusion fills Jace's face as I approach him. Obviously since I'm new no one knows me. So wouldn't anyone be confused as to why a stranger, who is completely opposite of you just to add, is approaching him.

I soon find myself standing in front of him like a lost puppy. All the cheerleaders are glaring at me with disgust while whispering to each other with stuff along the lines of 'who is she' and 'what is this skank doing here?'

I extend my hand for him to shake and put on my best smile even though I probably look like a psychopath.

"Hi, I'm Charlotte. I'm new here and please call me Charlie."

What kind of introduction is that Char? At Least explain why your here even talking to him!

He took my hand and smiled back at me, the confusion on his face mostly gone.

"I'm Jace, it's nice to meet you."

I shook his hand and let go, finally feeling more myself.

"I'm sorry to bother you and these girls but I saw you from across the hall and you just looked very..interesting. Something just told me I had to meet you." I finally said.

Ah there you go, back to yourself.

This made his smile widen, "well I'm very glad you came over. I wouldn't of wanted to miss a gorgeous face like yours."

I slightly blushed but didn't let it ruin my confidence.

"So where are you from?" He asked me.

"Depends if your asking where I was born or where I last lived?" I asked him. I've moved a lot.

He thought about it for a second. "How about start with where you were born and name the places you lived until you get to the last one."

I nodded and began, "I was born in LA but then moved to Hawaii, then I was transferred from there to Las Vegas then was transferred over to Australia, which was an experience with the whole different time zone thing. After a couple months I was then transferred to England then back to America in Portland. And well, now I'm here in Redmond Oregon." Once I was finished explaining his eyes were wide in shock.

"You moved so much, how could you do that? How could you leave so many people each time you moved?" He asked me.

Me being me, started laughing at that comment, "it's easy, you don't make friends. I've always had a gift of being antisocial. So there for, I was just a loner in every place I lived. The only place I did have to leave friends was LA but well everywhere else I didn't meet anyone. And I would shake off people who tried to be my friend. It was hard but I had to."

"Why would you have to?"

"Because I knew I was leaving again in a couple months." I replied like it was nothing. But to him it probably looked like a big deal. I knew the questions that were coming now.

"So, are you leaving here in a few months?" He asked slightly concerned.

Great job Char. Leaving an impression. Keep doin what you're doin.

I shook my head, "unfortunately for you and everyone else, I'm here to stay. I don't want to keep moving anymore so I'm settling down."

"That's good for me actually I'd like to get to know you more." He winked at me with a small smile.

What the hell was Adrian saying? This guys a total sweetheart.

"Same here. You seem interesting." I smiled at him.

The class bell went off signaling that he needed to go before he was late.

"I have to go but I'll catch up with you later? And plus you might want to get back to him before he comes over and tears my head off."

I looked over to see Adrian glaring at Jace and I. What the hell does he want.

I rolled my eyes, turning back to Jace and nodded , "will do. But I'll see you later, bye Jace."

He started walking off and waved at me, smiling, "goodbye, Charlie."

I walked back over to Adrian, smiling like a fool.

He stared me down with each step I took toward him, "well isn't that nice? Little Char made a friend." He said sarcastically.

I glared at him, "yeah, unlike you. Haven't seen you with any friends."

He glared back at me with the same amount of hatred in his eyes, "little do you know, I have a girlfriend and a best friend. That's all a guy needs."

I nodded in approval, why did it make me feel weird when he said 'girlfriend'? Whatever.

"Let's finish the tour." I told him, walking down the hall.

"Gladly." He murmured while catching up
to my side.

****

Charlie's POV

We finally finished the tour as he walked me outside and back to my truck.

We started laughing after I explained the story of when I had a family reunion and my mom almost burned our house down.

This whole thing was like a movie. I mean come on it's so cliché. Bad boy, trouble maker girl with bad past, together walking as they laugh at the most stupidest things. What the hell is going on with me.

Today actually wasn't the bad. I learned more about Adrian and he learned more about me. I think we could actually make a friendship out of this.

I learned he's a popular, extremely hot, kinda caring, badass with anger issues.

And so far he's learned that I'm an annoying, loud mouthed, unfiltered boss ass bitch.

This may work.

Once we reached my truck our laughing died down and we stood there in comfortable silence.

I cleared my throat to break it, "hey, thank you for the tour. You're not as bad as I thought."

He smirked, "there's so much more to figure out with me princess, you just have to wait."

I slightly blushed at the 'princess' comment but recovered quickly so it wasn't noticeable. "Doesn't everyone have there own secrets?" I asked raising my eyebrow.

And with that I hopped in my truck leaving him behind like the mysterious bitch I am.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 4.7K 39
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
37.4K 1.2K 17
To save her sister from a cruel marriage, sacrificed herself to the womanizer king.
347K 9.8K 52
what happened when the biggest mafia in the world hid his real identity and married an innocent, sweet girl?
42.3K 2.2K 50
Fallon's sole ambition in life is to escape her miserable hometown once and for all. She dreams of driving away in her convertible and leaving her pa...