Beautiful Disaster

Door Kat_The_Redhead

When Sage moved to Snow Peak, it was for a new start. But with sudden love and jealousy, she has found hersel... Meer

Prologue
Black Boutique
Accidents Happen
Years

Good for the Skin

6 0 0
Door Kat_The_Redhead

To wake up to a bright sunny day would be normal for others, but in Snow Peak, it was a miracle.

When I woke up on Sunday, two days after my date with Erik and still high on the joy of it, I was convinced the world was looking my way.

At least I thought it was until I got a call from my mother.

"Sage? Sage, are you there?" My mother's wiry voice broke through the receiver.

"Yes mom, I'm here," I told her.

Without a hello or how are you, she asked, "Are you moved in yet? In Sleet Top?"

"Snow Peak, Mom. And yes, I am. Got the last of the boxes out two weeks ago," I told her as I stepped out of my house, bag in tow.

"How is it nice there? Are there many churches?" She asked, hearing the jingle of keys in the background.

"It's cold and quiet, a lot different from home," I told her. "And there are a few different churches here."

"Are you heading there now? Its Sunday, Sage," She told me.

"Yes mom, I am," I lied, my plan of going to the market still fresh in my mind.

"How is the church there? Is the preacher good?" She asked.

"Yes mom, he is. And the church is very large. Has a nice choir as well," I told her.

"They don't allow homosexuals there, do they?" Mom asked.

"Why did you call, Mom?" I asked, her question quickly making me upset.

"I just wanted to see when you'll be visiting me," She said. A split second later, I heard her slam on her horn and yell, "Come on, some of us have church!"

"Mom, I've only been here for not even a few months. I won't be able to visit for a while, not until get a few days off from work," I told her.

I hear her tires screech, and a blare of horns follow. "Work? You already have a job?"

"Yes mom," I said. "I work at this little retail store that pays well."

"Retail? What about the baking degree you have? Why aren't you doing anything with that? Don't tell me you're not going to do anything with that degree. I didn't pay for you to go to college just to do nothing with it. Do you know how many kids waste their college degree? A lot! Michael Jones down the street just moved back in with his parents. You-"

"Bye Mom!" I said, cutting off her rants.

The receiver was silent for a second before Mom said, "Okay, honey. I'll call you later. I love you."

"Yeah, yeah, iloveyoutoo," I quickly said before I swiped the end call button.

I sigh as I slip my phone back into my pocket, the pressure in my frontal lobe easing away.

"Was that your mother?"

I jumped and squeaked, turning to a grinning Erik.

The words in my head got stuck in my throat as his eyes caught mine. The coldness in the air seemed to disappear as I feel my face heat up. My heart began to pound and a storm let loose in my stomach.

I silently prayed that I wouldn't forever react like this when Erik appeared.

"Did I scare you?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"No, I mean yeah, I mean,uh..." My mind wouldn't form any correct sentences, making me stutter through my words.

He didn't question my stuttering, but I can tell by the glint in his eyes that he noticed. "It's great to see you again," He said, his voice warm.

"It's good to see you too," I was able to say.

It took me a second to notice the umbrella he was holding, but as soon as I did, I slipped out, "Why do you have that umbrella?"

"Oh, um," Erik blushed and rubbed the back of his neck. "I suffer from PMLE. It's a skin condition that causes rashes to appear in the sun light."

"O-oh. I'm sorry. That was rude of me to ask," I said, blushing at my rudeness.

"It's fine," He said, smiling. "Curiosity gets the best of us. Like myself, I must say. Was that your mother?"

"On the phone? Yeah, she called to see if I'm going to church and to see when I was visiting," I told him, running my hands through my hair.

"Oh, so your heading to church now?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Nope," I smiled up at him, popping the 'p'. "I'm heading to the market and then going for a walk around town."

"Oh, that sounds lovely," he said. "Could I maybe join you?"

"Yeah, of course," I said, smiling up at him.

He stuck his elbow out and we linked arms, my face more pink than usual.

"So, how have you been since Friday?" He asked as we began our stroll.

"I've been good. I must thank you, I haven't had a nice date like that in a while," I told him, blushing and shying my eyes away from him.

"I'm happy you enjoyed it," He said, his hand covering mine. "I enjoy spending time with you, Sage."

I looked up at Erik and he was looking down at me, his eyes and smile warm.

I smiled back up at him, my heart seeming to flip.

I barely noticed the world fade away until I heard someone yell out, "Miss Sage! You are here!"

I whipped my head around, feeling my cheeks turn a hotter shade of read. "Vlad! Hi!"

Vlad, a kind big Russian man, smiled over at Erik and I. "Ah, young love," he said, smiling. "How I miss it so."

"Ah, Vlad, we're not, uh," My head was in a fuddle, I had no idea what to say.

"I joke, Sage! I joke," Vlad laughed.

I froze, trying to remember how to breath. "Vlad, that's not funny!" I finally get out, letting out an airy laugh.

Vlad smiled before before extending his hand. "It is nice to meet you," he said to Erik. "I am Vlad."

"Nice to meet you Vlad," Erik said, shaking his hand. "I'm Erik."

Vlad nodded and smiled. "Sage, what you usually get?"

"Yes please," I said, handing over the empty bag.

Vlad took it and started to fill it with different vegetables. "It sad to say that the price has went up. I wish I would not have to for you, Sage. But things have been tight."

"I understand, Vlad," I told him.

He handed me back the bag and typed some numbers into his little receipt maker. "It will be $35.75."

I handed him the correct change and I took the now veggie filled baf. "See you next week, Vlad."

"Bye bye, Sage," Vlad said. "Bye bye, Erik. It was pleasant to meet you."

"It was nice to meet you, too," Erik said before following me deeper into the market.

"I'm sorry about Vlad," I told Erik, blushing. "He moved here to America after the Cold War and it's hard to tell whether or not he's joking."

"Oh, it's quiet alright," Erik said, smiling down at me. "He seems very nice to me."

I smiled back up at him. "He is," I told him. "He helped me get use to Snow Peak when I first moved here. I was never really used to snow."

"Yet you move to a town that snows all the time," Erik said, grinning to himself.

"Shut up," I giggled, punching him in the arm. "I needed change. And this place was that change."

"Well, change is always good," Erik, smiling down at me.

"Yeah. It is," I blushed, yet didn't pull my eyes from his.

"So, do you need to get anything else?" Erik asked, looking around at the local vender booths.

"Um, I need to stop by Lye and Lyn's booth for fruit, and I need to stop by Niccoló, I ran out of honey," I said, taping my chin.

"All right, let's go then," Erik said, linking arms with me once more.

"So, did you get everything you needed for today?" Erik laughed as he helped me with the over flowing bag.

"Yes," I giggled as we walked along the side walk. "Okay, my place is up here. Can you help me get it up the steps?"

"Yeah, come on," We heaved as we got the bag up the steps and set it down at the door.

"How do you get this back by yourself?" Erik said as he sat up.

"Well, it's a long, hard process with a lot of stops to catch my breath and relax my muscles, but I always end up back home, even if it was two hours after I started heading home," I say, straighten out and smiling.

"Do you need help getting this in?" He asked, smiling softly.

"No, I can get it from here," I told him.

We stood there, an awkward silent forming around us.

"So, um, I'll see you later?" I asked, taking a step back to my door.

"Ah, wait!" The umbrella almost dropped out of his hand as he tried to pull something out of his pocket. I barely caught it as he pulled a small box put of his back pocket.

"I meant to give you this Friday," he said, "but I had such a nice time, it slipped my mind to give it to you."

He handed the small, velvet box to me and opened it up. I gasped as I see the thin gold band with a small emerald stone that shined in the light.

"Oh my..." I breathed out. "Erik, I - I can't -"

"Sage, please," Erik said, placing the box in my hand. "Don't worry about the price, I promise you, it did not cost much."

I sighed and took the small box, shyly smiling at Erik. "Thank you," I told him.

He smiled before taking the umbrella back. He took my free hand and kissed it, grinning up at me. "I sadly must go, but I'll see you another time, Sage. I hope to see you wear the ring as well."

I blushed and nodded, "See you soon, Erik."

I watched him walk off before pulling the heavy food bag inside, putting everything away. I was in a sort of romantic trance, but my mind kept nagging me about Erik's umbrella.

'It's a medical condition. Calm down,' I thought to myself, yet the thought didn't seem to want to go.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

2.3M 85.7K 48
"What are you doing here?" I gulped at the hoarse voice. Instead of replying, I stared at Maria's corpse lying on the floor. "You smell so sweet." I...
5.5K 282 33
Jade Forbes was a woman of science. Ever since she was a child, she had always been interested and curious about chemistry and biology. Her eleven ye...
11.8K 248 17
π™¬π™π™šπ™§π™š 𝙖𝙣 π™–π™§π™§π™–π™£π™œπ™šπ™™ π™’π™–π™§π™§π™žπ™œπ™š π™—π™§π™žπ™£π™œπ™¨ π™©π™€π™œπ™šπ™©π™π™šπ™§ 𝙖 π™žπ™£π™£π™€π™˜π™šπ™£π™© π™₯π™§π™žπ™£π™˜π™šπ™¨π™¨ 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖 π™–π™§π™§π™€π™œπ™–π™£π™© 𝙫𝙖𝙒�...
48.5K 1K 44
In which the youngest Mikaelson sister has to choose between Family, Friends or Love because no matter what she does, apparently things never work ou...