Trying To Forget

By Alexis4815

When 15 year old Holly finds her boyfriend cheating on her she winds up storming into the downtown area where... More

Trying To Forget
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE!
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Epilogue

Chapter 19

1.4K 14 3
By Alexis4815

Recap:

Looking at our intertwined fingers I thought about what this means for our future, if we even had a future, which I REALLY hope we do.

Finally I ripped my gaze away from our hands and braced myself for what will probably be one of the most tiring days of my life.

Chapter 19

Stepping out of my car and into the school parking lot was exactly what I expected; everyone froze and just stared at me questioningly. They stayed like that till Deven, Dylan and Matt all stood by my side and basically escorted me to the entrance of the school, glaring at anyone who looked at us funny. Sure it was nice of them and all to keep their promise of being there for me, but did they really have to act like my freaking body guards?

The stares continued while I walked across the parking lot until someone broke it with an excited scream. Knowing who owned that scream I turned around to face an overexcited Emma running towards me, and before long I was running and screaming at her too. We slammed into each other in a tight embrace and surprisingly started crying. I never realized until now just how much I missed my best friend. A wave of guilt came over me as I remembered just how little I thought about Emma the whole time I was away.

“I’m sorry” I whispered to her, still in the embrace. Suddenly she pulled apart and hit me on the side of my head; I recoiled from shock and looked at her furious expression. “Hey! What was that for??”

“Don’t you EVER scare me like that again!” She yelled in my face, “Do you know how worried I was?! Do you know how worried we all were?! We were running around looking for you for days and you never showed up…” Her voice was getting softer and sadder, “I thought I lost you…”

Her broken expression by the end of it had me back to hugging her in a second, “Emma no, of course I’ll never let it happen again! I’ll be careful, SUPER careful. And I have all these big bad boys behind me to look out for me too. I promise I’ll never leave you again like that.”

Emma looked me in the eye for a long time then said, “Ok, I just had to make sure you meant it, and if you ever need a girl to talk to about what happened you know im here for you right?”

“Ya I know,” I told her then smiled, “Come on lets go, we have to get Deven signed in with the office and everything before class.”

We turned to go over to the guys but not before Emma whispered, “Oh, and don’t think you’re getting away with not telling me about what’s going on with you and that hot piece of ass over there” she pointed at Deven and I flushed slapping her hand down before he saw her pointing.

“Later” I whispered harshly before speed walking away trying to get away from the conversation, but knowing it wasn’t over.

Once we got over to the guys they resumed their body guard like passion around me, “Guys, I know your only trying to be nice and protect me, but can you back off a little your suffocating me.” They stepped an inch away. “A little more…” Another inch… “A little more” Another inch… “Perfect, thank you” Then we continued walking.

“Sorry about that though, but were just trying to keep you away from those vultures. “ Deven said pointing at a group of kids who were watching and gossiping about us pretty obviously.

“I know and im glad, but you can do just as good a job from right where you are. Now let’s go get you signed in so you can start your first day of school here.” I replied.

“Ohh yay! I’m just soo excited I can hardly wait!” He joked as we walked into the office.

The secretary looked up as we walked in and gave us a smile, “Oh Holly its so nice to see your finally back.” I’ve always liked the secretary and got along with her alright. When we made our way up to the desk she noticed Deven, “And you must be the new student Deven.”

“Yes I am Mrs. I’m here to get my class schedule if you don’t mind,” Deven said back smiling wide. I was slightly taken aback to see him acting so formal charming to the old lady, this was a side of him I’ve never seen before. He saw me giving him a weird look and he just winked at me, letting some of his real self show.

“Yes my dear, I’ll have that for you in a second.”She replied before digging around through her pile of papers looking for it. When she finally found it she gave to Deven and asked us to show him around the building, of course we were already planning on doing that, but we accepted the offer anyway.

We walked out of the office then stopped to take a look at Deven’s schedule. He had first class Science with me, second class religion alone, third class Gym with Matt and Dylan, fourth class Math with Emma, then last class Health with me. (A/N: In my school there are 5 classes in a day, 3 before lunch 2 after, and the classes change from day to day so this isn’t gonna be the schedule for classes every day, just today) Since I had first lesson with him we all parted ways and I walked Deven to class.

Classes turned out to be the same as they used to be, only with a lot of “Omg I missed you”’s and “Who’s that guy that with you, he’s cute”’s. Oh, and a whole lot of gossip and rumors, but they aren’t too hard to ignore. Before I knew it it was lunch time and we were all going into the cafeteria.

After getting our food Deven looked around the cafeteria curiously. “Soooo, where do you guys sit?”

“Well actually usually we don’t really sit together-” I started but Dylan cut me off.

“But from now on we will, so lets just pick an empty table and go to it.” We looked around and saw an empty table near the back that we knew no one sat at so we went there. Everyone was giving us funny looks for not sitting where we usually do, but whatever, let them stair all they want.

We ate and joked around for about 20mins without anyone interrupting us and I thought we actually might make it though lunch without anything happening, but of course I was wrong. Because just then the biggest slut and bi*ch twitched over to us with a ‘seductive’ smirk and the shortest skirt known to mankind. Without even asking she squeezed her way in between Deven and Me and sat down.  

(A/N: Morgans Dylan’s old girlfriend before Holly got kidnapped but they broke up while Holly was gone.)

“Why hello, I haven’t seen you around before, and trust me I would remember someone looking like you.” Morgan said to Deven, flirting with him shamelessly. Deven barely looked up from his food.

“Hi” he replied in a non interested tone. I have to admit I was happy to know that Deven wasn’t instantly falling for her charms, but I was still ticked that she just waltzed over here to our table and sat down without being invited. Really who does she think she is.

Not taking the hint she kept trying, putting her hand on his arm and leaning on him so he got a good view down her extremely low shirt. “So, what’s your name handsome?”

“Deven” he answered short and quick.

“Well Deven, if you ever want anything, and I mean ANYTHING, just come find me I’ll be happy to help you.” With that and a wink from her and she was gone.

As I watched her twitch back to her table I knew that she was going to be a problem.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hey guys!!

First off MAYJORLY sorry for putting off this upload for so long but we had the first sunny week of summer last week so I tried to spend as much time outside as I could. I doubt we will be getting much more sun so I’ll go back to updating about every other week again as usual.

Anywho, enough apologies, how did you like this chapter? Don’t you just hate Morgan?

Please Vote/Comment/Fan!!!

<3 Alexis4815

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

215K 6.8K 33
Annabelle Stevens, a normal eighteen year old girl... well that's what she thought. What happens when the schools most popular guy, Daniel, starts ta...
36 0 27
Zombies came and destroyed everything. trying to keep faith that her lost boyfriend will be found and trying to survive the zombie.
Split By Jaila DaAuthorr

General Fiction

13.4K 794 31
Two sisters are split when a gang of robbers come to get revenge killing their family. Both sisters are left to think each other are dead. With the o...
18.1K 397 19
What can happen when you ask help to your brother because of your abusive ex/boyfriend and that he's roommates and you are like... not ready to live...