It All Started With A Dare

By quruxley

"I dare you," He said to me with determination in his eyes. "I dare you to try and make me believe those word... More

It All Started With A Dare/ Meet The Characters
Prologue
Chapter Two: I Dare You...
Chapter Three: Change
Chapter Four: Visiting The Homeless
Chapter Five: Presents And Drunken Nights
Chapter Six: He Saved Me
Questions
Chapter Seven: Mr Perfect Is Not So Perfect
Chapter Eight: Comebacks, Malls And Accidents
Chapter Nine: Things Just Got Real
*Isa [1]*
Chapter Ten: Unexpected Alliance
Chapter Eleven: Announcements, Family And Confessions
Interview #1 (Dumb, Dumber & Dumbest)
Chapter Twelve: Oh My Allah!
Chapter Thirteen: Awkward
New Story
Chapter Fourteen: Words Unspoken
Chapter Fifteen: Betrayal
*Amir [2]*
Chapter Sixteen: Start Of Something New
Chapter Seventeen: Gatherings And Discoveries
Chapter Eighteen: Little White Lies
Chapter Nineteen: Hit Me Like A Ton Of Bricks
Chapter Twenty: A Hard Blow
Chapter Twenty One: Unexpected Meetings
A/N
Chapter Twenty Two: Seeing Veronica
Character's Fun Facts*SPOILER ALERT!*
Chapter Twenty Three: Plays, Drama And Drama
*Third Person [3]*
Chapter Twenty Four: Ice cream, Bets And Oh No
Chapter Twenty Five: When Danger Lurks
Chapter Twenty Six: The Rescue
Chapter Twenty Seven: Moments
Chapter Twenty Eight: Dreams, Perfect Dresses And Awkward Encounters
IMPORTANT!
Chapter Twenty Nine: Confrontation
*Isa [4]*
Chapter Thirty: Weddings (Part One)
Chapter Thirty One: Weddings (Part Two)
Chapter Thirty Two: You Make Me Crazier
Chapter Thirty Three: The End
Chapter Thirty Four: Best Thing I Never Knew I Needed
It All Started With A Proposal
100k READS CELEBRATION WITH THE CAST OF IASWAD
Interview #2 (Dumb, Dumber and Dumbest)
Life Update: My Tedx Performance
It All Started With A Deleted Scene: Unseen Scenes

Chapter One: Welcome To My Life

41.6K 2.1K 650
By quruxley

{The song ⬆️ is the anthem for this whole story. My fellow sisters, let's wear our hijabs proudly and not give in to what others say about us. Just keep in mind that we're kick butt bosses and not everyone has the amount of courage we do everyday when we step out with our hijabs! Now my fellow covers girls, let's continue to be the bosses that we are!}

Follow my personal instagram sumeyo_1

"Me and history do not go together!" - Zamzam Amin, IASWAD.

CHAPTER ONE: Welcome To My Life

Zamzam Amin

"Come on Grams!! We're going to be late." I exclaimed waiting eagerly for my Grandma to come out. Dang and I thought I took a long time to get ready. The reason why she's taking so long is definitely not because she's aging, this woman moves faster than me and I am only 17! I sighed as I looked at the time on my watch. We were supposed to be at my brother's wedding thirty minutes ago! He's going to be so mad at us for coming so late. "I'm coming!" Grandma yelled as she walked down the steps quickly and put on her shoes.

"Alhamdulilah! Now let's get a move on please." I practically begged.

Grams and I both rushed out of the house and into my car. I turned on the car and smoothly got out of the driveway and turned on to the road. "I'm so happy for Abdirahman." Grams said with a proud smile on her face. "Your mom would've been so happy." She added with a sigh. She would've been happy seeing him get married, I thought to myself with a sad smile.

Soon enough we were at the place where the wedding was held at. After I parked the car, we rushed out as if our lives depended on it because it did. As we walked in my other brother Isa approached us with an upset look on his face. "Why are you guys so late?"He asked with a raised eyebrow.

I quickly pointed at Grams who put her hands up in surrender. "I'm sorry I wanted to look especially good for my first grandchild's wedding! Could you blame me?"She exclaimed almost defensively. "Let's just forget it and go in before we're more late." I responded with a sigh.

Grams and I walked into the women's section while Isa went to the men's. I spotted my sister-in-law to be, Ihsan, sitting at the center of the room. I quickly approached Ihsan and gave her a big hug and soon so did Grams. "You look beautiful!" I smiled widely at her.

"Thank yo-" She couldn't even finish her sentence before being interrupted by her friends and family. After a while my brother and his men walked inside the room and went up to Ihsan. I know what you're thinking, this is a mixed wedding!? Don't worry everyone here is fully covered so it's okay. I watched as my brother walked up to her and put his arm around her shoulder.

In a way I guess I'm jealous of them. They found love and are doing it the right way Mashallah. When Abdirahman realized his feelings he went straight to my mom, and dad, he knew what he wanted and he went for it. That's pretty amazing. He always was like a role model to me and I am so happy for him. Suddenly Isa sat down next to me with the same happy smile on his face that I have.

"He looks really happy." He stated, looking at Abdirahman and Ihsan. "You'll be happy like that one day too. We all will In Shaa Allah."

In Shaa Allah

* * *

"I love you Zam. Just always know that your mother loves you."

I tossed and turned in my bed while tears trailed down my cheeks.

"Mommy I love you so much. I don't want you to go, we're not ready to lose you."

"It's my time. It's time for me to return to Allah, we all will return to the one who created us."

I quickly sat up and wiped the bead of sweat on my forehead with the back of my palm. I was doing so good up until now, I don't know why I suddenly dreamt of my mom. It's been 8 months now without her. I remember how painful the first few months were, I remember how my dad almost lost his job, it was so bad that Grams had to stop everything she was doing and move in with us. At that time I shut out everyone in my life, my grades dropped, I lost some friends but I didn't care.

Everyone had their way of dealing with it, Abdirahman dug himself into his work, Isa took up boxing lessons to let out his emotions and I drew. I literally would lock myself in my room and I'd draw pictures of my mom, that was how I expressed how I felt. But then a couple of months later I realized that I was dealing with it in a wrong way, that I shouldn't have shut out everyone in my life because, at that time we all needed each other. I realized that I needed to turn to my lord and get closer with him. Even though it took a while, it's still better late than never right? After a couple of minutes I decide to stop being lazy and get up out of my bed, brush my teeth, get dressed and head downstairs where everyone else was sitting.

"Assalamualaikum,"I said as I headed to the kitchen and grabbed some food.

"Walaikumusalam Habibti." Baba replied as he grabbed his cup of coffee and took a sip from it.  I quickly grab some cereal, a bowl, spoon and milk. I have to hurry before I'm late for school. After eating I said goodbye to my dad and Grams and jumped in my car. I don't know why but I have a strange feeling that today is going to be an interesting day. Like something that I'll dread is about to happen. I just can't shake the feeling...

* * *

"Hey!" My best friend Amir shouted as he ran up to me. Amir and I have been  best friends since preschool, we'd always hang out together and make fun of each other. He's like another brother to me and I'm so glad to have someone like him in my life. He really did help me lot when my mom passed away. He's the only one who actually knew what I was feeling because his mom passed away around 5 years ago when we were both 12. I remember how devastated him and his whole entire family was after her sudden passing. After Aunty Suhayla died, I made it my job to be there for both Amir and Zahra as much as I could because I knew they'd do the same for me. And they did.

He knew exactly what to do and say to make me feel like I'm not alone. There really isn't anyone like him and that ladies and gentlemen is why he's my best friend. Even though he's my best friend, I still am careful around him because at the end of the day he is a boy! In fact whenever a boy tries to hit on me he always rushes in and saves the day. Now no guy approaches me anymore, not that I'm someone worth approaching.

"Hey Giraffe!" He sticks his tongue out at me.

"Shut up Smurf!" I couldn't help but laugh at his comeback. Yup there really isn't anyone like him.

"Nice come back!" I responded sarcastically which made him stick out his tongue again. This boy is so childish I tell you! We both continue to walk to our first period classes. I have American History which I really hate. Me and history do not go together!

* * *

"Okay class settle down." Mrs. Smith walked inside the room making everyone run back to their seats. A group of jocks gathered around the table ahead of me. In front of me sat the most annoying full of himself jock in the world. His name is Adam Matthews, he hasn't even been back for a month and yet he's already the most popular guy in school. And also the most irritating, well in my opinion at least.

I always try my best to stay away from guys like him and his friends. "I am giving you guys a project in which you will be put into groups of two." Mrs. Smith announced in a-sing-song voice. This lady is always so bubbly and perky though it isn't a bad thing, but I don't think anyone should be that happy on a Monday morning.

Immediately people started whining and groaning, myself included. What can I say? I told you I hate history. Even though I hate it I still have a good grade in this class. A lot of people call me a-know-it-all, geek, nerd, but you know what? I don't care. I want to graduate and get away from this hell hole. Just two more years and I'll be at my dream college In Shaa Allah.

"Okay Ashley you're paired with Simon. Josh and Andrew are paired together. Zamzam and Adam are paired together, Alex and Sarah are paired together..." She read through the list she had in her hand. Wait what? Zamzam and who!? No, no, no! Adam turned around and gave me a smile that would normally melt any girl's heart but not mine. "Looks like we're partners scarfy."

I laid my head down against the cool wooden desk. Ya Allah why? Why him of all people? He's arrogant and full of himself! Although I don't know him enough to hate him I still don't like him. All because of the first day we met... Ever since then I wanted to stay away from him. But now I have to be partners with the jerk!?

I think I know what that feeling I had earlier was about now...

* * *

"Hey Scarfy!" An annoying voice said from behind me.

Does he think Scarfy is my name!? "Zamzam, my name is Zamzam!" I practically shouted. He smirked at my reaction clearly satisfied with it.

"Whatever your name is. Make sure to get us an A on the project."

Oh hell no! Does he think I'm going to work on our project by myself? He has another thing coming! "Excuse you? We're partners okay? We're doing the project TOGETHER! Meet me at the library after school and don't be late."

He messed with the wrong girl. You see us Amin's don't take any BS! My mom always told me not to let anyone push me around. I sure as hell wasn't going to let him push me around either. "You've got fire."He took a step a closer to me. I immediately took a step back, does he think his moves will work on me? Oh please. "See you at the library."And with that he cockily walked away.

Ya Allah... Why?

First chapter!! Please tell me what you think!!

AMIN FAMILY MEMBERS

• Ahmed Amin [Baba]

• Samira Amin [Their mother whom passed away]

• Safa Amin [Grams]

• Abdirahman Amin (Age-24)

• Isa Amin (Age-18)

• Zamzam Amin (Age-17)

MATHEWS FAMILY MEMBERS

• Alec Mathews

• Veronica Mathews

• Adam Mathews (Age-17)

STAY

QURUX

MY

QURUXLEYS

MWAH!!:)😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8M 340K 52
"I hope you realize you made the worst f**king decision of your life." She could feel his cold icy blue eyes piercing through her soul. "I didn't as...
891K 38.4K 59
4K 368 21
Allah says in the Quran : ── "Women of purity are for men of purity, and men of purity are for women of purity" - This is the story of a girl named f...
947K 41.3K 55
"Sold" I didn't even think that just one word will be changed my entire life. ____ A 25-years old dangerous yet gorgeous Mafia King fell in loved wit...