Orphaned (5SOS)

By thefaultinourstar

Lucy's mom gets murdered and her dad doesn't want her so her and her brother go to an orphanage, but strange... More

The Night It All Happened
The Past Is The Past

New Friends

11 0 0
By thefaultinourstar

After dinner, everyone goes back to what they were doing before, so I go back up to the room but when I get there my suit cases were on the floor - every single one of them. My clothes were lying every where, on the floor and on the other beds. It was like my suit cases exploded.

I rush to clean up everything. I run to my suit cases to put them back on the bed and start grabbing clothes. Then I start to hear laughing, a girls laugh and a boys laugh. I turn around to see the snobby looking bitch and a boy with a red bandana in his unruly curly hair. They continue to laugh for a minute more, the boy bending over and clutching his sides in amusement, before grabbing my clothing and throwing it at me.

I try grabbing the clothes as they chucked them at me to put them away but as I was about to grab something the boy picked me up and pushed me on the bed roughly and held me there. The girl starts hitting me hard with a pillow.

That goes on for a while until another boy walks in. He rushes towards the boy who was holding me and tackles him off of me. The girl stops hitting me and quickly exits the room. Coward. I get off the bed, straightening up my blouse and look to see the two boys wrestling.

The guy who came to my rescue stands up and screams, "YOU AND YOUR BITCHY ASS GIRLFRIEND NEED TO STOP BEING BITCHES AND LEAVE THIS POOR GIRL ALONE!" He slaps the other boy across the face, leaving the boy on the ground speechless. He seemed shocked at what the other boy did and I was too. The boy stood up, grabbing his bandana and stormed out of the room.

"Sorry about him. He became a dick when he started dating Adrianne. It stinks because he was a cool guy before. But she's always been a bitch. Anyway, my name is Calum," he says.

"My name is Lucy and I want to thank you for helping me," I respond shyly.

"No problem, now you better get cleaning, Marcy gets pissed off if the rooms are a mess, even if it wasn't your fault. She hates excuses. So I'll see you around," he remarks and walks out of the room.

I finish getting all my clothes in my drawers and closet and when I'm done unpacking, I decide to take a shower. I grab my clothes and get into the shower. I lock the door just in case Adrianne or Ashton decides to do a weird prank on me or something. I set my clothes down on the counter and look at my reflection in the mirror. I look utterly exhausted. I have bags under my eyes and I'm paler than usual. Turning to the side I noticed my stomach seemed a little flatter, like I lost weight. I stop judging myself and I hop into the shower.

After I was done showering, I get into my pajamas and I brush my long brown hair. I brush my teeth and came to the conclusion that I should just go to sleep since there's nothing else to do. Plus, I don't just wake up this fine, i need my rest.

When I entered the bedroom, I see Sasha sitting on her bed reading. "Hey Lucy! Sorry to hear about what Ashton and Adrianne did."

"It's fine, no harm done." I muttered while putting my dirty clothes in the basket.

"Are you going to bed already?" She asked, putting her book aside to glance at me.

"Yeah, I just need some rest." I answered, heading out the door to say good night to my brother and see if he's okay.

I peek into the boys room to see that kid, David, that Bryan was hanging out with earlier, being shoved up against the wall by the bathroom door by Adrianne. She had her manicured hand over his mouth and his eyes were wide as he tried squirming out of her grip. I hurried over to try to help him out but as I get to them I see what's going on in the bathroom. Bryan is getting his head dipped in the toilet by Ashton. Imstinctively, I run and tackle Ashton into the wall. He pushes me away before I could hurt him, dropping Bryan on the ground in process. Bryan ran down the stairs.

I look at Adrianne, who's still holding David. "Let him go you bitch!" I demanded angrily.

"Make me," is all she said.

I grab her by her hair and hit her as hard as I could right in the face. She lets go of David and grabs her bloodied nose. Ashton then gets off the floor and rushes to Adrianne, helping her nurse her injury. I grab David's hand and we go down stairs.

We see Bryan talking to Calum and another kid on the couch. I let go of David's hand and sit next to my brother. "Are you okay Bryan?" I ask him, worriedly checking him to see if he was hurt, almost as if I was out mother. The thought pains me so I push it away to focus on my little brother. I had to be strong for the both of us. He doesn't say anything, just nods his head yes.

Soon Ashton and Adrianne waltz down stairs. Adrianne isn't bleeding anymore and gives me a dirty look when she goes into the dining room. I start thinking about how much I hate her, but then I hear someone talking to me and snap out of it.

"Hey, what you did was brave but be careful. They will tell and make it look like it was just you that did something." The one blonde boy with the lip ring advised.

"Thanks. I figured. They seem like those kinds of people." I say, shaking my head in disgust, "I don't really care, though. I'm not going to let them, or anyone else, bully my brother."

"No, I get it. It's just Ashton and Adrianne can be... handfuls."

"I can see that."

"I'm Luke, by the way," the blonde chirped, extending his hand for me to shake. He smiled, revealing his perfectly straight teeth and one dimple indenting his cheek.

I shook it, blushing because I don't talk to a lot of hot guys, "Lucy."

We chatted for a bit and I learned that him, Ashton and Michael - the kid I haven't met yet - had been there since they were kids. It's kind of sad to think that their parents would just abandon them here like that. But my father did the same. Suddenly, I didn't feel like talking anymore so I said goodbye to Luke and go upstairs.

I walk up to my room, or the girls room that I share with Sasha and Adrianne. Gee, this is gonna be fun. Sasha is already asleep when I come in. I quietly get into bed. I'm nervous about Adrianne but I'm too tired to even think because then the next thing I know I'm fast asleep.

~the next day~

"Lydia..."

"Lydia, wake up!"

"Lydia!"

I blink, groggily, flinching at the loud voice yelling in my ear. Whoever it is must not be talking to me because my name isn't Lydia. At least that's what I thought until the voice screamed the name again right next to me.

I turn over to see Adrianne and almost fell out of bed in surprise because of how close she was to me.

"Finally, you're awake. Marcy wants to meet you today since she wasn't able to yesterday." She rolled her eyes, eying her nails, "You know, Lydia, if you sleep this late all the time people are gonna think th-"

"Adrianne." I interrupted.

"What?"

"My name isn't Lydia," I stated. "It's Lucy."

"Oh my God! I am so sorry!" She smacked her forehead lightly, faking guilt. "Ashton told me and I must have forgot. Silly me."

"Yeah, I bet. Who's Marcy, by the way?" The question has been itching my brain for a while ever since Calum mentioned her.

"Oh, only the owner if this fine establishment," she says, sarcastically. "Okay, you can get dressed now. Bye, Lydi-Lucy."

She gave me a snarky grin before sashaying out of the room. Wow, she is a bitch.

Groaning, I slipped out of bed to be met with freezing cold air hitting my skin. Why is it so cold? I rummaged through my drawers and picked out an outfit for today that included a knit wool sweater so I didn't freeze to death.

I contemplated if I should do my hair or not. I mean, it's not like I have anyone to impress. So I just messily ran my brush through my hair and tied it up in a sloppy bun.

I head out the room and down the stairs, seeing a sleepy looking Luke.

He gave me a small smile and ran his fingers through his hair, "Morning, Lucy."

"Good morning, Luke," I say, almost robotic like. I still don't know how to talk to him like a normal human being yet. Especially when he shirtless. "Um, is there any food here. I'm starving."

Starving, really? Now he's going to think you're a pig, I scold myself.

"This isn't a prison, Lucy." Luke chuckled, motioning for me to follow him, "The kitchen is over here. Everything in the fridge is all yours - well not exactly but y'know what I mean. Just don't take Adrianne's energy drinks or she'll have a hissy fit."

I giggled and thanked him quietly, then he left me alone, saying he had to shower because he "smelled like a pigs ass".

I'm not really a good cook but I managed to whip up some eggs and toast. When I was done, I wash the dishes that I used because I didn't want to be known as the house slob. Then I walk towards the living room only to realized that I didn't know where anything was and I sure as hell wouldn't know where to find Marcy.

Sighing, I went upstairs and hesitantly knock on the boys door, hoping that Luke would answer. Sadly, I had no such luck. Ashton opened the door and promptly glared when he saw it was me. "What do you want?"

"I-I just want to know where I can find Marcy." I wanted to facepalm at my stuttering. Now he's gonna think I'm afraid of him, which I'm not.

He scoffs and crosses his arms, "And what makes you think I'm gonna help you?"

"Fine, if you're not gonna help, I'll find it myself." I huff and turn my heel, ready to get away from him as fast as I can when his voice stops me in my tracks.

"Wait!" He turned a bit red at the loudness of his voice and quickly quiets down, "Um, it's all the way at the end of the hall to your left."

The shock was probably evident on my face and he couldn't really blame me since I wasn't expecting him to be nice. He looked just as uncomfortable as I was which was a bit of a relief. Before I could thank him, though, he slammed he door in my face.

I just ignore his strange behavior and follow the easy directions he gave me to Marcy's room. That's when I actually took the time to observe how creepy and old this place was.

The bright, white paint on the hallway walls had turned a dingy beige color and was chipped and practically peeling off the wall. The hardwood floors creaked as I made my way to the end of the hall to my destination. Somehow it had gotten colder and I wrap my arms around my torso to get warmth.

Finally I reached the door and knocked lightly. I hear grumbling on the other side and the door swung open, revealing a lady in about her mid-forties with short blonde hair and blue eyes.

She eyes me for a second, almost like a hunter looks at their prey. I felt uncomfortable standing in he middle of the hallway, having her check me out so I clear my throat to get her attention. "Hi, are you Marcy?" I cringe, wishing I had gotten her last name so I wouldnt feel so informal. Especially when I don't even know her.

"Yes, I am and you are..." She trailed off.

"Sorry, I'm Lucy."

"Oh, of course." She smiled but instead of making me feel comfortable, it made me feel even more uneasy, "The new resident. I've been meaning to speak to you but I've been quite busy."

"That's okay, the people here have been really nice so far," I say, pushing away the thoughts of Adrianne and Ashton.

"I'm glad. I want you to feel welcome since you are going to be living here, after all." Her icy blue eyes bore into mine and in that moment I just wanted to get the hell away from her. She clasped her hands together in front of her, "Well, this was a lovely chat but I have some errands to run. When I come back, I'm going to gather everyone to discuss the rules."

Ugh. Of course there's rules. For some reason I'm not good at following them. I'm not a bad kid, I'm just a very curious person sometimes and in turn gets me into sticky situations. Nonetheless, I smiled back at her, saying, "Will do, Marcy. Lovely to meet you."

And with that I walked away, the uneasy feeling in my gut drifting away. Staying here is definitely going to be interesting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.3K 2.6K 42
แž‚แŸ’แžšแž”แŸ‹แž‡แžธแžœแžทแžแžŸแžแŸ’แžœแž›แŸ„แž€แž€แžพแžแž˜แž€แž”แŸ’แžšแž€แž”แžŠแŸ„แž™แž€แž˜แŸ’แž˜ แž–แžฝแž€แž™แžพแž„แž‡แžฝแž”แž‚แŸ’แž“แžถแž–แŸ’แžšแŸ„แŸ‡แž“แžทแžŸแŸ’แžŸแŸแž™ แž˜แžทแž“แžแžถแžแŸ’แž„แŸƒแž˜แžปแžแž˜แžถแž“แžšแžฟแž„แžขแŸ’แžœแžธแž€แžพแžแžกแžพแž„แž–แžฝแž€แž™แžพแž„แžŸแŸ’แž˜แŸแž‚แŸ’แžšแž“แŸ…แž€แŸ’แž”แŸ‚แžšแž‚แŸ’แž“แžถแž‡แžถแž“แžทแž…แŸ’แž…
2.2K 98 9
You were polar opposites. You were a well-put-together elegant young woman with an overprotective family. Hewitt was a clumsy, rough man, with a fami...
1.1M 36.9K 156
Urban legends and myths from around the world will be published here.
38.8K 2.9K 23
ุงู„ุจูŠุช ุฃุธู„ู… ูˆุจุณ ฺฏู„ูˆุจ ูˆุงุญุฏ ู…ุดุชุบู„ ูˆุถุนูŠู ูˆฺฏูˆุฉ ุงุดูˆู ุนุจุฑุช ุงู„ุฏุฑุฌ ุตุนุฏุช ุฌุจุช ุงู„ู‚ูู„ ุฃูุชุญ ุจุงุจ ุงู„ุบุฑูุฉ ุฎู„ูŠุช ุงู„ู…ูุชุงุญ ุจุงู„ุจุงุจ ุญุณูŠุช ูˆุงุญุฏ ูˆุงฺฏู ูˆุฑุงูŠ ! ุงู„ุชูุชุช ู…ุงุดูุช ุดูŠุก...