The Coach's Daughter (Odell B...

By lakishaboo

Kamilah Williams. A motivated dancer, aspiring singer, and daughter of an NBA coach. Odell Beckham Jr. An all... More

Intro & Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three

Chapter Four

748 30 0
By lakishaboo

Kamilah in MM.

···

KAMILAH

"WATCHU DOIN WITH MY HAIRBRUSH YAHARA? ION WANT YO LICE INFECTING MY BRAIN CELLS!" Ashanti, one of my fellow teammates, yelled. The rest of us started laughing our asses off and Yahara rolled her eyes, giving the brush back to her. "Thank ya sweet cheeks."

Yahara was one of the girls on the team that everyone was annoyed by. Her and her best friend, Gianna. Both of them act like hoes and only go for black guys. I understand having a type, but these girls only like black guys because of the dick. I don't got beef with her or anyone (yet), but I can tell that she's gonna be...irritating throughout the season.  

"Girl, you is extra as fuck," Seyron said. He was the only guy on the team, yet one of the best dancers. And yes, he is gay. Everybody asks us girls that question when they find out he dances (since he don't look gay). It's hella disrespectful; people think that when a guy dances he's automatically gay. But Seyron is, and doesn't give a shit about what people say.

"You are, too, nigga," Yahara said. Me, Ashanti, and Seyron looked at each other with "the black look."

"I know damn well that word did not just come out yo Latina ass mouth. How many times I gotta tell y'all people, if you not black, don't say nigga!" Shit, now Yahara got Seyron started. "I can say nigga all I want. Nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga! But you, and you, and you..." He continued to point at the non-black people on the team. Me and Ashanti laughed, as well as the other black girls.

"Seyron! Is everything okay?" Ms. Vi asked, walking into the dressing room.

"Oh yeah, Ms. Vi. We just having a friendly discussion about English," Seyron responded. He then side-eyed Yahara. "About what words not to use."

"That boy." Ms. Vi laughed under her breath. "Alright ladies, good practice today. Tomorrow we will run through our routine for the opening ceremony, so bring lots of energy. And Gianna, please get those fake nails off. I don't mind acrylics but yours are so damn pointy!" Ms. Vi said. We all started laughing again and then got our stuff together. Ms. Vi was the head coach. She was great, and reminded me a lot of Ms. Diana from Bring It.

"Aye, Milah. Where ya headed to?" Ashanti asked, Seyron right beside her. Ashanti and Seyron and I were getting to be really close and they was hella funny.

"Tutoring Odell, why?" I asked. Ashanti smiled and started laughing with Seyron.

"Girl, if you think you gon' jus' tutor Odell, you wrong! With that outfit on, he gon' be getting some pussy tonight!" Seyron yelled loud enough for Africa to hear. I rolled my eyes, saying bye to everyone. Before I went into the library, I examined my outfit. My black booty shorts did show a lot of skin, but I had on an oversized LSU crew neck to cover up some of my body. I had slides on my feet and cheerleading socks. I know Odell's a guy, but he isn't like Jarvis. He ain't too thirsty. I then went into the library, and found Odell looking at a book with a puzzled look on. I smiled and walked over to him. I set my bag down on the chair and smiled at Odell after he said hey. I caught him quickly looking at my outfit, but turned his gaze back to the book. See, Seyron? It'll be fine.

"What's first?" I asked. He showed me the cover of the grammar book he was reading, and sighed. I laughed a little, and waited for him to tell me what was wrong.

"My teacher says I got bad grammar, but I just got a lil' accent. I'm fine wit it." I looked at him, the he looked down and laughed. "I just need a little help."

"It's fine, I don't speak good grammar either. All you gotta do is know how to write with proper grammar." He nodded and I patted the seat next to me so we could share the book. He moved, and placed the book in front of me. I started helping him with what words not to use when writing an essay, but I started to loose track of what I was saying 'cause of his hot breath on the back of my neck. I don't think he noticed because he was focusing on what I was saying. I moved my head a little, but still felt his breath tickling me. I tried my best to keep explaining, but then he put his arm around my chair. Again, I don't think he noticed what he was doing, or realized that it was distracting, but I just couldn't concentrate. I cleared my throat and looked at him.

"What?" He asked. I just shook my head and looked back at the book. "You don't like me being this close to you?" He whispered that last part, and I got chills. I've never gotten chills from a whisper before.

"Well, it is kinda distracting, but I can deal wit it," I said. He kept looking at me and I looked back at him. His eyes fell on my lips, and lingered there for a while.

"I'm sorry baby, it's just that your shorts are so...tight." Our faces were really close, so I watched his lips speak every word.

"Maybe you should learn to ignore it, and focus on your studies," I told him. He looked at me, biting his lips. He then leaned closer, and put his lips on my ear before saying,

"But I ain't the one that's loosing my train of thought just because someone put their arm around my chair, now am I?" He asked me. I gulped and closed my eyes as he lips kissed my neck. Just one small peck sent me over the edge. But he stopped, and pulled himself away as he looked at me. "Can we get back to tutoring?"

I glared at him as he started laughing. I started telling him about words to use and not to use when writing something, and finally, an hour passed. Don't get me wrong, our heated moment was super hot. But, I wanna be able to tutor him and not have him tease me all the time when we ain't even talking like that. I picked my bag up, and got out of chair as he did the same. He thanked me and before I left, I stopped and looked at him.

"Just because I gave you a lap dance once doesn't mean we're fucking now." He looked down, a little embarrassed. "If you wanna kiss my neck, or tell me my shorts are too tight, you know what number to call." I then walked away, but heard him mumble "Damn" under his breath. I smiled to myself, and pushed open the doors of the library.

Once I entered my dorm room, my dad's name came up on my phone, along with his picture which was us together when I was 4 years old. I answered it, and was greeted by his screaming voice.

"Trae! I told you to practice your layups! Not your dunks! How you gonna practice a skill like that when you missed half your layups yesterday!" I laughed, hearing my dad in coaching mode. "That boy reminds me so much of your brother, except your brother's even harder to coach. Must be the name."

"Yeah must be, dad. How are you, though?" I asked him.

"Oh, you know, same old same old. Kayla's bringing over the boys today and they're gonna sleep over than come kick it wit me tomorrow."

"Aw, are you excited?" My dads laugh answered my question. He loves all his children and grandchildren, but Kayla's boys are definitely a handful. A cute handful, but a handful. Even though Kayla isn't his biological child, he raised her throughout her whole life because her dad was in and out of jail.

"If they listen, then we'll be fine. But I know that's not gonna happen." He mumbled the last part, and I laughed. "So, how are you baby?"

"Really good, actually. I love college. My roommates amazing, my teammates are, too. And my coach. My classes are kinda hard but nothing I can't handle."

"I know that's right. Us Williams know how to deal with anything." I smiled. I miss my dad. "What about, um, the opposite gender? Have you had any...run ins with them?"

"Daddy, first of all, they're called guys," I laughed. "And second of all, I don't go to an all girls college. Of course I've seen some and talked to some."

"Some?! How many guys got your number?" I could already see his team looking at him and laughing. Even though it's his first year as an NBA coach and he has a whole new team, they already know he don't play when it comes to his daughters.

"I didn't mean like that, dad. I just meant like in class and stuff." He gave a sigh of relief, and I rolled my eyes playfully as I cleaned my room up a bit.

"Just watch out for them, okay? I know how college boys are, I was one and—"

"I know, I know. Don't worry, I'm smart, remember?" He agreed, then we said our goodbyes. My dad knows out of all his daughters, I'm definitely the best when it comes to picking good guys. Of course I picked some bad ones, but I'm still better than India and Jayda. My dad just gets worried because Jayda and India are dating Lil Baby and Lil Durk. Both are actually really nice and respectful, but my dad isn't huge fans of them. So that's why he's extra extra overprotective of me.

I took a quick shower, then got into some comfy clothes and worked on some homework. Ev was at the gym for track which is where I'll be meeting her later so we can get some extra workouts in. Right when I looked at computer screen, I felt dizzy. I turned the brightness down and tried working but my growing migraine was way too distracting. My phone vibrated and I looked to see that Odell was FaceTiming. I answered it while taking some pills.

"You got a headache or sum?" He asked.

"Yeah, nothing serious, though. What's up?"

"Nothing, just seeing how my tutor is." He put emphasis on tutor and I rolled my eyes. "Lemme come over and give you a massage? You'll feel better." He winked.

"That's super sweet of you, but I'm just finishing up this homework then heading to...Seyron's room." I didn't feel like telling him where I was actually going because he and his friends would probably meet us there and watch us the whole time.

"Does that nigga have a roommate?"

"Yes, he does, and no they're not gay. He actually is hella straight, considering the fact that they aren't homophobic and are fine with having a gay roommate." Seyron's roommate actually was gay, but I was trying to prove a point. "You know what they say, the more homophobic you are, the more in the closet you are."

"Hell nah! I definitely ain't gay, I'm strictly pussy baby girl," Odell said, winking. I ignored him and typed on my MacBook. My headache was still there, and it was still getting worse. "For real though, I'm just playing. I'm cool wit Seyron, he's hella funny and chill."

"Yeah, he is," I answered. I knew Odell was just playing because Seyron told me that Odell was chill since they got a class together. That's attractive to me, when a straight guy is able to be friends with someone gay. But I still don't appreciate the little comments Odell makes towards me. He's starting to turn into Jarvis. At first Odell was all nice and friendly, not slick and hoe-ish. But now, it's starting to turn me off. But shit, he's so damn fine.

"What you thinking about, beautiful?" See, there he goes again. Calling me names like that, FaceTiming and texting me everyday. I still feel like I'm just another girl to him. I know we only met a week ago, but I hate when guys do that shit just to get in your pants. They make you feel special one day, then worthless the next.

"Nothing, I'm just—" I got that feeling again, that sickly feeling. Fuck. Not while Odell's watching. "Hold on." I got up and went to the toilet quickly, puking. It lasted about 2 minutes. After, I cleaned up and got a sprite, then went back to my bed.

"Are you okay? Did you get sick?" A look of concern washed over his face, and it made me feel better.

"Yeah, I think I have the flu or something. My niece had it and probably gave it to me."

"Baby, that was like a week ago since you last saw your fam."

"Yeah, I've been had it since then. It like, comes and goes."

"That's kinda long, though. You should go see the campus doctor or some—"

"I'm fine, Odell. Really. Thanks for making sure, though." I smiled and we changed the topic. As he was telling me about practice, I just looked at him. I feel bad for hiding this from him, from Ev, from my team and coach. But at the same time, I'm not super close with them yet. My family told me I should tell Ev, and I will. I just gotta make sure she won't treat me like she's a nurse and I'm a patient. It took a while to get my family out of that mode, so they could treat me normal again. But telling too many people will eventually lead to the whole school finding out, and I can't have that. I just want to get through this year as normal as possible.

*****

Any guesses to what's wrong with Kamilah? Leave it in the comments!!

~xoxo Lakisha Boo ❤️‍

Continue Reading