Nothing Wrong With Being a To...

By Dostomozartsky

People say that love is in every corner... looks like Riley's been walking in circles. You see, Riley is a pr... More

Chapter 1: Bats, Punches, and Crushes
Chapter 2: Overconfident Tomboy
Chapter 3: Deal With an Imp ✔
Chapter 5: Little Did He Know ✔
Chapter 6: Riley Benjamin Doesn't Blush
Chapter 7: Weak Truth
Chapter 8: The Tomboy, the Player & the Wardrobe
Chapter 9: Cupid Takes Over
Chapter 10: A Night to Remember
Chapter 11: Lost in Our Hands
Chapter 12: Bad News, Good Miseries
Chapter 13: Crushed From Rolling in Woe
Chapter 14: Shanghaied By Feelings
Chapter 15: Lies and Other Agonies
Chapter 16: Loss of Bravado
Author's Note: Please Read
Chapter 17: A Drop of Love in the Ocean Of Hopelessness
Chapter 18: The Word Left Unsaid
Chapter 19: New Start; New Costume
Chapter 20: In Your Deadly Arms
Chapter 21: Rout Even
Chapter 22: Going Out of My Head
Chapter 23: Throwaway Twofold
Chapter 24: Fraidy-cat's Nods
Chapter 25: Through Gardenias
Chapter 26: Soppy Hearts
Chapter 27: Better, Restored, Lovelier
Chapter 28: Ringed Happy Luck of Ours
Chapter 29: The Beginning of the End
Acknowledgments

Chapter 4: First Date ✔

67K 1.5K 497
By Dostomozartsky

|Riley|

      I swung my lightsaber back and forth after I jumped on top of my bed.

      "Voldemort! I will kill you!" I shouted, picturing a paled Andrew Lukewood hovering above me and lacking a proper nose.

      "Hiya!" I screeched, emitting a muffled sound.

I rolled over my bed, swaying the lightsaber and battling with Voldemort or Boba Fett—I'm still trying to figure which one he is.

       I couldn't believe what just happened!

I just accepted to be Andrew's girlfriend and all because I'm so damn stupid and obvious. Why? I mean at least it could be Ayden! Not... not Andrew! Better said, Boba Fett! I can even remember his amused smirk when he found out about my secret. That...that Dracula!

     I hate him, hate him, and hate him! 

How could he be cruel enough to blackmail me just to  help him make his girlfriend jealous?! That is inhuman! And why me? I'm obviously not a supermodel or a cutie to make a beautiful Lora jealous! Hello, I'm a tomboy and I'd like to stay that way! Or he's stupid or he likes to play with people. Why me?! Why not another one?! Why me?! I was happy with my simple life! Well, not that happy, but yet, less miserable than now.

     With each of my thoughts I swung the lightsaber with more intensity; fighting with my own feelings. How am I supposed to be his girlfriend if I hate him, since we were kids? 

Fine, I was going to be his ‘date’ but he was so going to pay for this!

Oh, yeah! Nobody! I said, nobody, messes with Riley Benjamin that easily. I will be the worst date ever witnessed in history. I panted with a mischievous smile while I lied on top of my bed, surrounded by my Star Wars sheets and pillows.

      "What was I thinking? Why does Ayden have to be so beautiful?" I asked myself a question with no answer.

     I glanced around my room. All I saw were navy blue painted walls. Star Wars, Soccer and Samus Aran posters surrounded the four walls that enclosed me in my sanctuary. My sister, Alexis,  always wondered why such a sporty girl like me loved Star Wars so much. The answer was simple. My father used to be an astronomer for a private industry. He was a hardcore Star Wars fan and I was the son he never had. Figures.

      I used to be very happy when they were alive. It was me, Alexis, Mom, and Dad all together playing UNO or eating, laughing, and witnessing happiness. Until one night, when my parents were heading to a conference for awarded astronomers (one of them being my father) and in the middle of the road they crashed against an intoxicated driver. Both of them died at the instance. And I can vaguely remember when the police called us and told us the news. Alexis was twenty, and I was only fifteen. The shock of a pregnant Alexis was too much and to top it all, both our caring and devoted parents were gone.

They vanished. They never came back. It felt unreal—all the time. My inner kid always waited for them to arrive.  She still does.

      I was really attached to my Dad. He always told me stories and things about the universe and how amazing it was. Although I don't look the image of a nerd and science geek, I consider myself one. But I was always forced to hide it in high school.  If I wasn't the sporty chick, I was the nerdy tomboy. Beats me every time. I was an ignorant.

When Andrew's horrible face flashed through my mind, I let out a loud huff.  "You smelly Boba Fett!"

    Then, I sat up at the sound of a creaking door, and to my lovely surprise, it was Olivia peeking out from behind the door. "Can I come in?" she squeaked.

      "Sure, Olivia, come on in," I said, quickly snatching the Darth Vader mask out of my head.

     "Aunty Riley, what are you doing?" Olivia tilted her head when she saw the lightsaber and the Koala stuffy bear, hanging from the ceiling.

The koala represented Andrew. He was surely cute, but still I wanted to hang him!

    "Oh, nothing! What's wrong? You had a nightmare?" I tried to make her focus on me, not on my messy bedroom.

    She crept into bed in her pink pajamas and matching bow. "No, Aunty Riley. I was wondering when Mommy will come back. Will she be here tomorrow?"

     "Don't you worry, Olivia. She will be here and that's all that you need to know."

    With that answer, she was satisfied and went straightly to sleep when her little head felt the Transformers pillow. I tucked her in and lounged next to her, admiring her maturity.

    How this little girl can be so wit and gorgeous? Ah, of course, because she's a Benjamin! The beauty from her mother and the brain from me.

    Before I could continue with my struggle, my eyes felt heavy and for that, I closed them, falling asleep next to Olivia.

 The alarm clock chimed at nine in the morning and I got up as quickly as I could. I took a quick shower and woke Olivia up.

The best thing about her is that you don't have to pamper her with things, she's too independent for a five year old, which scares the crap out of me. I can ask to do her hair, and when I get the comb, she already did it on her own. The child doesn't even let me to touch her! She can bath alone, brush her teeth, clean, dress, oh, but she can't cook! Neither can I.  Only Alexis cooks in this household and lately, I order pizza or take out. And you can guess who calls and orders... Yes, Olivia! Is it a blessing or the girl from Poltergeist, you ask? Well, I can't really tell. All I can say is that I try to avoid any movie night and stuff that require a TV, you can imagine my reasons.

     Another freaky thing about Olivia, take note, she likes to read. Rectification: she loves to read! The tot read all the Dr. Seuss freaking collection!  She read everything that rhymed and every tale that the Brothers Grimm made, all crude and real. She hated Disney and preferred, "the cruel reality that makes Romeo and Juliet be so loved between mere mortals", which are her own words, not mine.

     Heck, I know who Romeo and Juliet are, thanks to her. I thought Romeo was the rapper and it was his original name. Maybe you are wondering how she knows all this. Precisely, because Alexis works at the local library and well, Olivia should be named Matilda, that's all I'm saying.

      "Auntie Riley, are we going to read The Hiding Place?" Olivia asked while she looked at her cereal bowl.

    I poured the milk on top of the corn flakes while she whirled her spoon and waited. "Olivia, don't you think it's too much for you to read?"I asked her, already giving her the answer.

She borrowed the book from the library when Alexis took her to work, and since then, I always voted for no. That was Corrie ten Boom's biography and her struggle in the Nazi Holocaust.

I will hate to let my little niece be exposed to something so cruel and real, at her five to six years of age. I truly think she is too advanced for her age, truly.

       "But—" she started to whine, however, I interjected her complain.

      "No but's, when you are old enough you are going to read that."

    After sitting down next to her, in our dining table, we ate our cereal and tried to make funny jokes about Popeye—our usual routine.

     "What does Popeye do when his favorite tool gets rusty?" I asked Olivia with a naughty smile I couldn't control.

    "What?" She tilted her head with the spoon full of milk, coursing toward her mouth.

     "He sticks it in Olive Oyl."

   After saying that, Olivia's befuddled face expression made me laugh so hard that I couldn't hear the cellphone ringing.

    "Aunty Riley, I don't understand," she said with a frown, huffing at my hysterical laughter.

     I even wiped a tear, created due to so much laughter. "Olivia, it's easy. It means that when Popeye's...spinach metal can gets rusty, he adds olive oil to it, and it tastes... better. It works better too. You know…like what people do to door hinges when the get moldy."

   "But... Olive Oyl is Popeye's wife."

     "Yes, Olivia, and she's the owner of an olive oil company. Why do you think they call it, 'olive oil'? Because of her! Duh! You supposed to know this crap," I said while I stood up and headed to the couch, where the phone laid on top of a black pillow, ringing and vibrating.

    "But according to the Greek Salads recipe book, the olive's compressed and the oil—"

     "Hush! Silence, this call is important, Brainy, and you need to eat your breakfast," I interjected while I saw, in the phone's screen, that the caller was unidentified.

    She turned around mad—I could tell—and I decided to answer the moron who decided to call me in the morning. "Hello, Dr. Kissasstosky's office. In case you're wondering, yeah, you can kiss his ass. With Marie Curie you are speaking."

    I waited for the douche that was on the other end, to answer. "How lovely is to hear your voice again, Marie."

    Oh, no! It was his voice! I forgot about him!

    "Boba Fett!" I snarled through gritted teeth.

      "What? What did you called me? Is that the nickname you have for me now? How sweet of you," Andrew said sarcastically and annoyed.

 I don't know why, but I found it entertaining when he's annoyed and  I was going to have some fun with it.

     "Well," I said, "I'm still choosing between Voldemort, and Boba Fett. So, it depends in the mood."

     "Really funny, Butch!" he replied, "Look, we gotta do this in one hour."

     "What are you talking 'bout ?” My tone sounded mad, because… well, I was.

    "The date, Butch!  In one hour. The Tourllie! You better be there or Ayden will know everything about the cute crush you have. Oh, and you work for my dad, don't forget that little detail."

     "Listen, pal, you'll be lucky if you get out of this alive—"

   He interjected my warning with horrifying words before hanging up. "Now, sweet Butch, you better be in that restaurant or else.  I'll see you there, sweet-cheeks."

     I was pissed... but, I had no other option.   Under my decayed lifeless boy, Ayden was going to know that I developed some sort of fondness over the years. Under it—literally.

I have to figure out a way to get back at Andrew. I thought hastily. And what am I going to do with Olivia?

     I threw my hands in the air while I heaved in a sigh. The sole act made it click. A mischievous smile crept on my lips as the idea of having curious Olivia with me at the ‘date’, annoying the crap out of Andrew, swathed my brain.

     "Olivia, get dressed. We are going to the Turolle," I said walking to my room's direction.

     "Isn't it Tourllie? The French restaurant?" she asked.

     "Yes, Einstein, now get pretty. Hurry up!"

         In a matter of thirty minutes we were in front of the Turllie or whatever. That place is sure stuck up and full of snots. Olivia had an orange dress with a matching bow and white shoes, and I, on the other hand, was wearing worn out jeans, my amazing combat boots, and a simple tee. I blew a strand of hair that was blocking the view of the elegant restaurant and sighed loudly. I didn't wear perfume, neither makeup, not even combed my hair, only a ponytail. It was perfection to me.

Olivia looked up at me while she grasped my hand and I just whispered with shrugged shoulders. "May the force be with us."

      We entered and the host greeted us coldly. "Do you have a reservation?"

      "Andrew Lukewood is waiting for us," I said to him with a sniff.

      "Right this way."

    He coursed through a couple of tables as the jazz music blared out of the speakers and the candles and chandeliers illuminated the classic chic shithole.

      "Mr. Lukewood." The host, with a bald spot and large French mustache, slightly bowed in front of Andrew's table.  Andrew stood up and I rolled my eyes.

     "Thank you very much," Olivia said to the host.

      "Yo, Baldy, shoo," I snapped and the host sneered, but he smiled down at Olivia as he started to walk off. "Yeah, you better run!"

     "Charming as always," Andrew said, shaking his head.

      "What? I'm here, now let's get this over with."

      I sat down but Olivia went to Andrew and pulled his green blouse, wanting his attention. Andrew spun around and frowned down at Olivia, who was smiling up at him. "Hey, kiddo. Where’s your mommy?" Andrew cooed to Olivia, bending down to be eye to eye.

Unbelievable. Did he just coo?

 "My mommy's not here, I'm with my Aunty."

    "And where's your Aunty?" Andrew asked in baby talk, while I snorted.

I thought he was going to get annoyed but it seems that... he loves kids. My plan failed.

     "Weirdo," I scoffed and then said out loud, "Olivia, come and sit here."

     "Yes, Aunty Riley."

     Olivia ran and crawled on the chair next to mine, sitting and swaying her little feet under the table. Andrew narrowed his eyes at my smirk and sat across the table. He was wearing a green elegant blouse, his black combed hair, white jeans, and his stupid smile.

     "So, why here?" I asked him while he looked around.

     "Well, turns out Lora's girlfriends hang out at this restaurant this same hour. So, all we need to do is take a couple of pictures, post our status in Nosepage, and there you have it! We are done for today."

     "Pictures? Nosepage?" I arched an eyebrow.

     "You don't have Nosepage?" He was too surprised to know that I didn't waste my time using that crap.

      "No," I simply said, shrugging my shoulders.

      "Can I get a Mousse au chocolat?" Olivia interrupted us, grinning at her menu.

      "What the heck is that?" I frowned.

      "Sure, Olivia." Andrew faked a smile. Faker.

   I scanned over the menu.   "Twenty bucks? No can do. Sorry, Olivia, I'll make a musy ut choco thing like that at home with brownies." I sternly stated.

I couldn't afford that crap.

     "But Aunty Riley, Mr. Lukewood said that I could."

     "Mr. Lukewood? Olivia, don't call this...this..." I kept saying 'this' and Andrew tilted his head with a grin.  The kid was amused by my attitude and that was not helping my plan.

   I sealed my lips and decided to stay like that.

    "Olivia, choose as you like," Andrew said, exchanging smiles with Olivia.

     "Are you ready to order?" the stupid host came back and only acknowledged Olivia and Andrew—I was magically invisible.

    "Yes, we are. We will like a glass of water and a Mousse au chocolat."Andrew ordered and only Olivia was able to eat something here. In fact I didn't want anything to eat! This wasn't a real date and for that I just wanted to get the hell outta there.

     I have to admit, I was upset. I always dreamt of having a sweet candle like dinner with Ayden in a place like this, and now, now I'm stuck with Andrew Lukewood and we are not even eating.

      "Uh! Here they are! Give me your hand!" Andrew said with anxiety and impatience all the sudden.

      "What the hell is wrong with you? It's only pictures! No touch and crap, it's strictly based in not touchiness!" I argued.

     "Butch! Give me your freaking hand!" I was going to keep arguing, but he seized my hand and I couldn't let go, though I tried.

     "Voldemort! Let me go!" I grunted, trying to slip off my hand from his. But he kept looking at the door and at some preppy girls that entered.

      "Oh, honey, you are so sweet!" he said loudly, fixing his begging eyes on me.

      I sighed and saw how Olivia frowned at our scene. So... I gave in. 

What? He gave me the puppy eyes, I couldn't say no.

     "Yes, darling, you are my pumpkin," I said plainly, finished by a cough.

      "No, you are my pumpkin!"

     I was disgusted at this slobbery stupid crap—the salvation to this idiot's butt.

     "Here's the water and Mousse au chocolat," said the host. Butwhen he set the dish on our table, he went to the ladies to greet them, I guess.

      "Excuse me," Andrew kept clutching my hand while he tried to haul the host's attention.

     The host turned around and walked toward our table, which was incredibly near. Nosily, the bimboes walked behind the host.

     "Yes, sir?" the host asked.

      "I was wondering... could I congratulate you for such an amazing service? My girlfriend here loves her dish!" Andrew sketched that dumb fib, and I was trying to hold the laughter until one bimbo came to our table.

      "Andrew Lukewood?" the blond airhead said.

And hey, I'm naturally blond and I'm not that stupid!

     "Don't you like it, honey?" Andrew ignored the blond while I snorted at him.

     "I haven't even tasted it," I said, provoking him.

Stunned, his eyes popped out, begging him to save him. "Here, taste it!" Andrew said, seizing Olivia's spoon, and then, shoving the stupid spoon full of chocolate crap down my mouth.

     I started to cough and Andrew laughed nervously glancing at the frowning host, at me and at Olivia who complained. "Hey! That was mine!"

    "You wanna kill me, Boba? What the heck is wrong with you?" I uttered between coughs. I could feel the stupid sugar behind my tongue while the piece of chocolate got stuck at my throat.

     "Pardon. Andrew!" the blond yelled and we all snapped our eyes at her.

     "Oh, Miranda? Is that you? Hello, how are you?"

        Andrew could be an actor, I swear.

     "Oh my gosh, what are you doing here?" She asked looking sternly at him.

     "Well, I'm with my beautiful girlfriend and her niece. What are you doing here?" Andrew played along.

     Beautiful? This kid is amazing!

     "We always eat here. Oh my gosh.  There's no way! You dating... her?" she was pointing at me with her index (pink-painted nail) finger.

    "Yeah! Riley, sweet-cheeks, this is Miranda." Andrew made the introduction but I didn't even look at her.

    "Lora wouldn't believe this!" This came from one of the pack right behind the leader, Miranda.

    "Really?!" I asked, annoyed, but Andrew's grip got tighter and I held everything I was going to say.

     "Have a nice evening, Miranda. Ladies," Andrew dismissed them in some sort of way, and they all walked away, even the host.

     When they left, Olivia seized the spoon back and started to eat that crap while I sneered at Andrew and said, "I'm done! I can't do this!"

      "You have to! You think I enjoy this? Now, don't be such a girl and take a picture with me," he ordered, taking his smartphone off.

“I am a girl!”

“Since when?”

     "Screw you!" I snarled.

     "Take the damn picture. Now!" He ordered through gritted teeth.

     "I think those ladies have photographic memory!" I barked back.

      "Oh, you won't take the picture? Riley Michelle?"

     I felt my neck tensing up. My eyes glared at Andrew with all their might when I heard that name. Olivia even dropped the spoon and her eyes widened at me.

      "You searching up my stuff?! Private stuff?" I snarled at him.

     Michelle was my second name and I hate it. I just despise it! Saying Michelle to me was like calling Marty McFly a chicken! I couldn't take it!

      "I said that you work for my dad, plus, your crush is my best friend. Or you take this picture or Nosepage will know everything about you and—"

      "Shut up! Just shut up! And take the damn picture!" I interrupted him before he could say Ayden's name.

     "Good! Now, sit here," he said with an evil smirk while he patted the chair next to him.

       I let out a loud huff and obeyed. He smiled and raised the phone, with its camera staring back at us. I sighed, annoyed and when he placed the phone right in front of us, he said, "Smile!"

      And I did. I smiled the most pathetic, sarcastic, and plain smile I've ever smiled. The phone took that picture and within seconds, Andrew posted it in that Nosepage site.

Now, the whole campus should know that I'm Andrew's new girlfriend. Why? Well, because I was cursed.

Goodbye old life that was under the radar and hello new life that will be a living hell. And most of all... goodbye Ayden!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 82 26
A parody... except it slowly gets less satirical as I get way too attached to the characters and turn the story into a shipping-fest ~~~~ "Why are yo...
26.3K 832 28
"Please, Princess, by the end of the semester, you'll be begging for me," I had never been too good with the opposite sex, and I mean I've had boyfri...
339K 9.4K 83
"How many romance books do you read?" Devin asks me. I shrug. "I like them," I say. I keep browsing, running my fingers along the spines. "...
364K 9.1K 44
I smiled at him but tears were starting to blur my vision together. "I hate you." His smile faltered and he looked taken back, "Not like that, Drake...