My mate is NOT mine

By crazybookfan1

She runs from her past, but it starts to catch up to her, when she meets someone who was meant to be her mate... More

My mate is NOT mine
Not Mine II
Not Mine III
Not Mine IV
Not Mine V
Not Mine VI
Not Mine VII
Not Mine VIII
Not Mine IX
Not Mine XI
Not Mine XII
Not Mine XIII
Not Mine XIV
Not Mine XV
Not Mine XVI
Not Mine's XVII
Not Mine XVIII
Not Mine IXX
XX- The War
XXI - The End
Epilogue
Authors Note
Extra - Wanderer

Not Mine X

8.3K 237 6
By crazybookfan1

I watched as my body was taken over by my other side. Through the window, our eyes, I saw Duke and three other wolves.

Dukes face was grim, we had not awoken in the hospital but in a car.

I saw the horror in his face when he looked at me, at our eyes, as it had turned red and black. The eyes of a demon.

I screamed at her to let me go, but she wouldn't listen. Of course she wouldn't. 

I heard myself talk, not me her. Is this what it is like being a wolf inside another person? 

I couldn't bear to watch my whole life getting split apart again, so I closed my eyes and let the darkness enveloped me, putting me back in that abyss of despair.

 Yes, I knew I was weak, but I didn't know what to do. I felt like giving up and I did.

Duke's P.O.V

Red started to stir, Jake, Luke,  Lucy and I all tensed. She was supposed to be in a coma, why is she getting up. I sat right beside her, and Lucy on her other side, while Jake drove the car and Luke sat beside him.

She opened her eyes and I couldn't help feeling the horror that rose up in me, everyone else also couldn't suppress their surprise and their horror. It all showed on our faces.

We saw how she got her name, her eyes were like those of demons, she was like another person. A smirk grew on her face, "Hello, nice to meet you all, and where are you taking me, if I may ask."

Luke was the first one to compose himself, he was a thinker and most of the time he was calm. Never knew what he was thinking unless he decided to tell us. 

"Drip Red. Alpha's orders." He said in a way which meant he wasn't going to talk again. Everyone snapped out of it.

I looked at her, a scowl was on her face. "I am not going there."

"Alpha said we had too exchange you for his dad there."

"Too bad,as I said I'm not going" Her eyes lit up into a brighter red and an evil smile was displayed across her face making me notice the fangs and the blood, the blood that splashed across her face as Lucy's head was crushed. Jake stepped on his brake forcefully and quickly, the car hit off something and before we had time to process what was happening the car flipped. 

All of us scrambled out of the car on our backs. Broken glass cutting through our skin making us bleed. I scrambled up onto my feet and looked around, my heart in beating up a storm. I helped Luke up and ran around to the other side looking out for Red and looking for Jake. 

Red was gone and Jake was unconscious in the car, blood dripping from a wound on his head. We flipped the car back over onto its wheels, and pulled off the door using the extra strength from our wolves. Luke picked up Jake out of the car, we looked to were Lucy was sitting, and all we saw was her headless body.

I swallowed down the bile that rose in my throat. We jogged into the forest, Jake on Luke's back.

"What the hell happened in there?" I asked, the memory of Lucy's body surfaced. "That acted like a totally different person."

"Don't know. Lets just get back to the Alpha and report this to him. Also a hospital for Jake." Luke replied. I nodded as we both shifted into our wolves, me running behind Luke watching for Jake.

I tried the mind link between the Alpha, I couldn't get through. I tried again,

Alpha Jack?

Drake! Where are you, were is Sydney?

Jack, something terribly wrong. Lucy's dead, Jake is unconscious, Sydney's disappeared, Luke and I are going back.

Don't,  go to Drip Red. Mark and I will meet you there, but stay out of sight. What happened to Sydney?

She woke up, red eyes like a demon. She killed Lucy Jack. 

* * * *

Jack's P.O.V

She woke up, red eyes like a demon. She killed Lucy Jack.

I cursed under my breath. I switched my mind link to Mark,

Sydney's awake Mark. She's turned into a demon, and she's killed Lucy. Now what?

Damn, well at least the vampires won't get her now. Hopefully. We'll meet up with Drake and the others there.

It's Duke and what will happen to Sydney?

Sydney can take care of herself for now as she's transformed into her other self. We'll have to find her sooner or later though and take care of her, as she'll probably destroy everything that tries to stand in her way. Who knows she was called psychotic for a reason.

When will we get there?

Tomorrow, by evening if we don't sleep tonight, and we won't because now there are vampires out and Red is also on the loose. Lets hope your friends know that.

They do, they were almost at Drip Red anyways.

So Sydney, or Red, is transformed into a demon, who is ready to kill anything. I shook my head and didn't notice Mark stopped running until I hit right into him. He growled but looked around, while sniffing the air.

I sniffed the air, scent of deer on the west side, and on the east was the scent of blood. Mark started to run east and I followed. We ended up in a clearing, with a bunch of dead wolves, blood was everywhere. I watched as Mark  looked at each of the dead wolves, turning them over with his muzzle to get a clear view of the wounds that were inflicted on them.

He growled, and his eyes flashed from his normal dark yellow eyes to his black eyes then back to his yellow eyes. This kept happening every time he saw one of the wounds on the wolf.

Mark? 

All I received was a growl, and then he bounded off, to Drip Red.

Mark? What happened back there?

Many things Jack. First of all, that was my old pack, it seems they had regrouped and was migrating to another pack, they probably stayed at Drip Red after I had left, and was pushed out. Secondly, it seems Red killed them.

Red killed them? How do you know? And how could she kill all of them, there was about 20 males alone minimum.

She a FREAKIN DEMON Jack, and not only that a vampire plus a were wolf on top of that. That power should have ripped her to shreds when she was born, but somehow she survived it, and now she's on the rampage. Those wounds on the wolves bodies were the same ones she inflicted on my mate, did you see that gaping hole in one of the wolves sides? She rips out their hearts when she can, she loves to see it take one more beat before it dies. We have to hurry before the same fate meets your friends, who are still alive, lets hope their alive.

I was horrified, we had let that thing stay in our pack, and I was chosen to be a mate with it. 

What happens if we come across Sydney?

Lets just hope we don't, if we do run for it.

Can she turn back to her old self?

I don't know. I don't even know how she turned back 6 years ago, when she was 12. When she went into a coma, it probably helped awaken the demon in her. It happened to her  mother to but, her mother didn't have a wolf. She was human.

Her mother?

Yes. In her bloodline only the women got the demon and vampire blood. Males didn't, it was a curse because of one of the great grandmothers. I don't know the details, but Red had inherited it but with a wolf too. Her mother said she was the first female to receive a wolf, or something. Anyways all that I know is, we tried to kill Red, because we knew she would be too dangerous.

You say tried, what happened.

Her mother protected her. She really wanted a girl, and plus she was having twins. So if we killed Red in the way that we were going to, her brother Jace would have died too. 

She had a brother?

Yeah, anyways both of them were born, and the mother protected both of them. Since she was human we couldn't touch her, and therefore we couldn't touch the babies. She threatened to turn into a demon and kill everyone if they touched a hair on any of their heads. When Red and Jace turned 12, my mate, she killed Red's mother and brother. She provoked Red, and she laughed in Red's face. I heard that later after my mate was killed, but at that point I was still angry from the loss of my mate and also because she was pregnant with my first cub.

Did Red know about the cub?

No, we were going to announce it in the next pack meeting which was only 4 days away, instead we had a pack meeting on how to hunt down Red. We never did find her.

What happened to Red's father?

Father?

Yeah, her dad.

He was never there. We never saw him.

Then how did the mom end up in your pack?

Through a friend. Its nearly morning, and I smell more blood up ahead. I sniffed the air again, running through a pack of bushes, we saw the car. The car Duke, Luke, Jake and Lucy was driving in.

Wait, if Sydney is going to Drip Red, how did she kill the pack that was behind us?

She probably was leaving but found the pack of wolves instead and killed them, she probably is going to Drip Red to see why they left, or to finish off your friends. Either way she's headed there, and we aren't far behind.

Mark and I ran up to the car, and the scent of Lucy hit me. The car was badly dented, and Lucy's body was there lying with out a head, fresh blood and dry blood splattered all over. I wanted to hurl, and a low howl was coming out of my chest when Mark slammed me to the ground cutting it before it even began.

Don't howl, not unless you want more vampires to find us and you can't take on one yet, not old ones anyways. Maybe a newly turned but even then you will probably struggle.

Why are vampires after Red? Mark rolled his eyes, before starting to run again, I hesitantly followed him,the refocused my mind and continued  running at the side of the road.

Listen, Red is part vampire and part demon. Vampires are already strong enough because they live way longer than us, but if they get their hands on demon blood, we won't even be a match for them anymore. The newly turned would be as strong as a 500 year old vampire.

What age do they turn into vampires?

Usually from 18-20 years of age, but they are considered newly turned till they turn 100. 100 Is their starting point, 500 is old.

Are there many 500 year old vampires now?

I don't know, probably maybe a handful. Most vampires got killed by the mobs, humans became scared of them.

So there aren't many vampires left. 

Are you kidding, there are still too many for my liking. You got a whole city of them somewhere.

That many?

Yes, its called reproduction. They do have human feelings too you know but most of them are maybe in their 200's or under. You got maybe a couple in their 300's and after that your counting with your fingers. 

The one we just faced?

Maybe in  late 300's because I had to do mid-transformation, but then again I am weaker than I was before.

Your really strong.

No, Your just really weak. I'm still wondering how you even beat your dad, your dad was pretty strong, not as strong as me but pretty strong. He probably let you win.

You knew my dad?

Yeah, we were cousins.

But you have yet to see my dad, since you entered the pack.

You have quite a resemblance to him, plus I knew he was Alpha of the Moonstone Pack.

He didn't let me win, I just used his anger against him.

The your an idiot also. Your dad barely ever got angry, even if someone hit his mate he would deal with things calmly. He knew to govern his emotions, unlike me.

Then shouldn't my dad have been stronger than you?

No, he couldn't control his transformation. Normally you have 2 wolf or human, but some of us could do 3. Wolf, human or werewolf. You guys transform into wolves, I can too as you can see, but we all used to be able to be were wolves, but now only a few can even remember to do it. It was almost as if it was erased from our genes.

So you are saying we are not really werewolves. We are just wolves.

Exactly.

A werewolf is when you can stop in mid transformation right?

Yes. When you can maintain both human and wolf like characteristics.

And we cannot do it these days because one of our genes were erased?

Probably, its the only explanation I can come up with because back then werewolves on the full moon went crazy and to stop that, they stopped us from turning into werewolves. Changing our genes.

Then how come you can turn into a werewolf?

They couldn't get all of the genes. Mob's went crazy wolves separated, so they couldn't get all of the genes.

Do you go crazy on a full moon.

No, over time I learned to control it.

Then how come back then they couldn't?

You know I don't have all the answers right? There use to be stories of curses, I believe all the werewolves were under a curse that made them go crazy, and the curse died away because the genes changed.

Couldn't Alpha's control theirs?

I don't know and we are nearing Drip Red. His ears perked up and he looked around. There was no scent of deer or any sort of wildlife other than the birds that flew away overhead. The sun was disappearing slowly. My belly did a soft grumbling, in hunger. Mark regarded me, huffed then jumped onto a tree using his claws to keep him from falling  immediately off. He used his muzzle to grab a nearby branch and hoisted himself up. He did that till he was halfway up the tree, and soon a dead bird came flying down hitting me in the muzzle.

Mark turned into his human form, and climbed down then shifted into his wolf. He looked at me then at the bird, then sat on his haunches. Even though I've never ate anything raw before, I was to hungry to complain, I haven't eaten anything for nearly 3 days. After finishing up the bird I realized mark also had yet to eat, I looked at him but he did nothing he just stood up. It was like saying 'finally your done, now we can move on.' 

I followed him, and there I saw the town of Drip Red. Most of the buildings burned down, and the only one left really standing was the Alpha's house.  There was pools of blood here and there, and blood sprayed across buildings like a war zone had happened. 

The door to the Alpha's house was broken down. Mark and I neared it when Red eyes appeared from the gloom inside, and Red came walking out. A hug grin on her face, her clothes covered in blood, and her fangs extended.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys hope you like this chapter decided to make it nice and long. Please do comment how you think of it, and please vote if you like it too. Thanks :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

712K 23.5K 35
After a nightmarish attack, Ludovica loses her entire family. Ever since then, she exterminates all rogue wolves who dare trespass into her lands wit...
6.8K 245 36
Skylar is a 20 year old girl, Alpha of Silver Blood Pack, she still hasn't found her mate and doesn't want to worry about having a mate. Alpha Cole o...
930K 14.8K 40
Alexia wanted a mate, but what happens when her Mate doesn't want her. Every year, The Red-Moon pack would host a Party, for the unmated wolves. Litt...
4.1M 71.5K 40
What happens when a girl finally runs away from her abusive past to be free only to run into her mate? And her mate just happens to be an alpha...of...