Forever's a long time

By GinaCallen

Sam/Callen story. D/S (You have been warned.) Callen needed to learn how to accept love, to learn that he was... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 12

274 5 0
By GinaCallen

Sam sat in the small cubicle in the ER, he wasn't sure what hurt the most, his injury or his heart.

What had started out as him giving comfort to a teammate and providing what he needed had, over the years, escalated into love. He still loved Michelle as fiercely as ever, but there was something about Callen. Something about the man that screamed he needed to be loved and nurtured, and his heart had expanded to include his partner.

Hell, his whole family had taken G into their hearts and the thought that Callen wanted space away from them now was killing him.

He lay back as the doctor looked at his wounds.

"You're lucky Agent Hanna, the person who did this was obviously a well practiced sadist. He has avoided and permanent damage and scarring will be minimal, however, I would suggest you and any sexual partner, you have, refrain from any sexual activity for at least six weeks while the burns heal. I will prescribe a topical ointment to help with the healing. Also, I see you are... Well, rather muscular, do you work out a lot?" The doctor asked.

Sam nodded, "I run about ten miles a day, lift weights, swim, spar."

"Well, apart from weight lifting, and only from a bench press I would suggest you refrain from anything that might irritate the scrotum for the same length of time."

He handed him a script for antibiotics. "Take these, finish the course and then make an appointment with your personal physician for a check up after the course is finished." He advised.

Sam nodded, "Thanks Doc." He pulled on his pants and went to find Kensi and Deeks.

Kensi was pacing outside a room as Deeks and Hetty talked to a woman inside.

"You alright?" Sam asked as he saw her bite her lip.

Kensi nodded, "I hope so."

Sam looked worried, "Is Deeks injured? What's going on?" he asked.

"They've found where all the boys, but one came from, they have all been checked by a pediatrician and are being sent to new homes after therapy. But one boy... well, he's not in the system anywhere." Kensi explained.

"Poor kid, what's going to happen to him?" Sam asked.

"Deeks wants to adopt him." Kensi said.

"Seriously?" Sam asked.

Kensi nodded with a smile, "He's a terrific kid, I'm kinda looking forward to being his mom."

"You too?" Sam smiled, "You guys will be great parents."

Kensi grinned, "You'll never guess what his name is?"

Sam cocked his head waiting, "What?"

"Martin." Kensi smiled.

Deeks stood up and shook the woman's hand.

"Thank you." He said, then he wrapped his arms around Hetty, "Thank you." he added again.

"It was young Martin that tipped the scales, He seemed most taken with Ms. Blye and you, Mr. Deeks. He was most insistent that he would only stay with them."

The social worker nodded, "Also with the background you have provided me. I feel you will both be more suitable for the boy. Remember at this stage, guardianship of the boy is temporary, it will be a long time before it is permanent, but I can see it working out."

Deeks smiled and went to the door and opened it, "Kens, she just got off the phone with the judge, we've got temporary custody of Martin."

She ran to cover the space between them and wrapped her arms around his neck. Kissing him deeply she looked back at Sam, "Now you're not the only parent."

"Ms Blye, Mr Deeks, would you like to go and see your boy."

Deeks' face darkened for a moment, "No, you can't call him that not with what he has been through, but we will go and see our son."

Sam and Hetty followed the couple behind as they went to see Martin.

He was sitting in a private room reading a comic Deeks had brought him earlier holding a trauma teddy one of the nurses had given him. Deeks had been shocked to find out he was just 6 years old.

Martin smiled as Deeks walked in. "Is it true? Are you going to be my daddy?" he asked quietly worried.

"If you still want me to be." Deeks said, holding Kensi's hand tight.

Martin, still hurting from his injuries climbed onto Deeks' lap and wrapped his hands around his neck, "I'm gonna be safe now." He whispered to the bear he still held.

Deeks looked up, the only one who heard the child's statement, with tears in his eyes.

"I promise you, with all that is in me, both Kensi and I will keep you safe." He vowed.

Sam looked at the interplay between the young detective and the boy. He wasn't sure what it was that had bound the two together so tightly, but he was seeing a side of Deeks he hadn't even known existed. His respect for the man grew.

Hetty pulled him to one side, leaving the new family together in the side room and walked with him out to the hallway.

"How are you Mr. Hanna? I hope you have now taken time to see a doctor for your injuries?"

Sam nodded, "Yeah, I need six weeks before active duty, but I'll be fine."

"I have called Mr. Getz, he's coming to help Mr. Callen and I hope you will schedule some time with him too."

"I'm fine Hetty." Sam argued.

"I'm sure you are, but for my peace of mind, please talk to him. Maybe it will help with Mr. Callen's situation as well."

Sam nodded, "I will see him, Hetty, if for no other reason than for G."

"I have a suggestion." Hetty said, "Mr. Callen is also taking six weeks of leave to heal. Mr Deeks and Ms Blye are going on adoptive parental leave while young Martin gets settled. I have a quiet retreat in the hills. Maybe you and your family should get away for a while. I will call as soon as Mr. Callen asks for you."

Sam was surprised that Callen was voluntarily taking his sick leave, he had hoped that G would have wanted to get back to work, or at least see him sooner than that. He realized he was deep in thought and hadn't replied to Hetty. "Michelle and Kamran are at her sister's, Aiden is at school. I could use the time, though if the offer is still open?"

Hetty nodded, "I think, if I send Mr. Getz with you first, we can help you before Mr. Callen is ready to ask for help."

"You will call if he needs me, won't you?" Sam asked.

Hetty nodded, "Likewise, if you need someone."

"I'll call." Sam promised, "Just... I don't want to leave him, I know he's pushing people away, I just worry that he'll need me and I'll be with Nate."

"Apparently right now, all Mr. Callen wants is Owen."

Sam shook his head in disbelief, "Keep an eye on him, Hetty. I don't know what Granger's angle is, but I don't trust him."

Hetty sighed, "You are not the only one."

Callen lay in his bed, still trying to get his head around what had happened.

Owen was standing outside talking to a man.

"Callen?" He called as they walked inside the room.

G didn't look at them.

"G, this is Alex Simons, he's a Deprogrammer."

"What the hell do I need a Deprogrammer for?"

Alex walked in, "Mr. Callen." He said as he entered. "I have read your file."

"I don't need a deprogrammer."

"No?" Alex smiled sadly, "No, I don't suppose you do, so... What are you doing in that bed BOY!" He yelled and without a thought Callen was on his knees, head bowed.

"Asshole!" G cursed as he got back up.

"I am sorry to do that to you." Alex said, "I just wanted you to see."

"I see alright, I'm wrong, I'm broken and I'm useless. A poor excuse for a federal agent, a poor excuse for a man." His voice trailed to a whisper at the end.

"No, not at all, you are a victim of circumstance. This happened to you."

"I let it happen to me." Callen groused looking out of the window not seeing the pain on both men's faces at his statement.

"Mr. Callen?" Alex said.

"G." Callen replied.

Alex looked at Granger, who nodded, confirming his name.

"G, you were a child, you didn't know that this was wrong."

"You don't understand." Callen mumbled, looking out of the window. "It isn't that I'm a victim, I'm not. I asked for it, worse, I sent others to the same fate. I should be arrested."

Granger stepped over and put his hand on Callen's shoulder, "That's not true, you didn't know."

Callen shook him off. "I didn't know not a defense and you know it Granger. I'm wrong. I'm broken, it's no wonder my father never tried to find me, he probably knew and didn't want a defective son. He's lucky he's dead, he never has to face me and see what he unleashed on the world."

Granger stepped back as if hit.

"I'm sure your father did all he could to find you, I'm sure he thought about you every day."

"What the hell do you know, you know nothing about me or my father. You have no idea about how he would or wouldn't feel... Why the hell are you here Granger?"

Owen turned away, "Because I care."

Callen laughed callously, "Why the hell would you care?"

Granger looked at him sadly. He opened his mouth to say something, but Alex coughed. Realizing that he was in the room watching the interaction between the two men, Granger turned on his heels and left.

Callen shook his head in wonder. He didn't know why Granger had done this, he assumed it was because he wanted to keep him as an agent or something.

Callen followed him out into the hall.

"Why? Why do all this for me, you hate me."

"I don't hate you Callen, I could never hate you." Granger walked forward again.

"I need to understand, I can't deal with your messing with my head right now. I don't know what your agenda is, but just... please, no more."

"I'm sorry son." Granger said.

"I'm not your son." Callen spat.

Granger sighed as he turned away again. "Yes, you are."

"What?!" Callen stood stock still in shock. "NO!" He breathed in disbelief, shaking his head and moving away.

"I'm your father, I... I'm sorry."

Callen looked him up and down, he could see the similarities now, but, he shook his head.

"You're lying." He took a step back, "You're working with Bill and Nick aren't you?"

Alex stepped forward. "Callen, I can assure you no one here means you any harm and we are most certainly not working with Bill and Nick."

Tears fell from Callen's eyes as he backed himself into a corner not registering the pain in his back as he slid down the wall to curl in a ball.

"Why?" He asked as he rested his head on his knees, wishing he were anywhere on the planet but here. Wishing more than anything that wherever he could be, he could be there with Sam.

Sam placed his bag down in the hallway of the cabin Hetty had provided for his recuperation as Nate walked around the corner holding a hot mug of tea.

"Nice isn't it?" He smiled as Sam took in the wooden beams and the frontier style decor Hetty had furnished the cabin with.

Sam smiled, "It is, I wonder if Hetty would let me come back sometime?"

Nate shrugged, "I don't know, you'll have to ask her. Come on, I'll show you where the bedrooms are, I picked mine already, you pick yours and put your bag down. I have food going for later and was hoping I could go over the plan for your therapy."

Sam followed him and admired the rest of the cabin as he walked through.

"She doesn't do things by halves." Sam remarked as he saw a door with an envelope and his name on it.

Reading the letter contained inside he smiled as he opened the door and looked at the room she had picked.

"It's perfect." He remarked.

Nate raised an eyebrow in surprise. The room was a mixture of dark woods and different shades of blue fabrics.

"It's nice." He admitted.

"It's G's room." Sam said, handing Nate the letter. "Apparently the cabin is jointly owned by him and Hetty."

Nate looked around, he could see influences of Callen in the whole cabin, small touches here and there. Sam ran his hand over the edge of the bed as he turned to leave the room.

"You miss him don't you?" Nate asked.

Sam narrowed his eyes, wondering just how much Nate actually knew.

"I'm Callen's therapist too, there isn't anything I don't know about you two." Nate clarified.

Sam walked into the kitchen and poured himself a mug of coffee, taking a seat on the stool by the counter he turned to Nate.

"I miss him." He admitted. "I'm afraid that he'll blame himself too much and won't..."

Sam trailed off taking a big sip from his mug, his heart clenching.

"I started this because he needed me, but dammit Nate, I need him."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 41 4
Written for NCIS:LA Magazines Callen's Corner Challenge #4. Set after ep. 100, Callen goes looking for his past, can Sam save him from himself and th...
80.5K 1.1K 20
Sam was a very beautiful girl, she was smart and could have anyone she wanted, but she avoided relationships, she only had sex with people, and when...
Hunted By F4llon

Fanfiction

5.8K 288 36
PART 1 - Callen berated himself. He shouldn't have crossed the line. He'd placed her at risk. Now he had to face the consequences-The team receive an...
26K 1.2K 32
After years of marriage and a devastating accident. Ava's husband asks her do something that pushes her outside of her comfortable box.