The New Girl with a Secret

By finnickodairlover

Jennifer has constantly been on the move for over three hundred years in an attempt to seem human. This time... More

Prologe
First Day of School and New Friends
Peter's Thoughts
The Mystery Revealed?
I Hate Soul Mates
Surprise and Relief
Full Moons and Surprises

Meet the Parents

362 2 1
By finnickodairlover

Chapter 4

(Jennifer’s POV)

          After about half an hour of driving Peter finally pulled up to the blood bank. Gosh, I can’t believe I’m actually going to ask him this but I’ll regret it if I don’t. “Um, hey Peter? Have you ever given blood? I know that’s really weird and kind of disgusting to you probably but don’t take this the wrong way but you smell delicious. Please don’t think I’m like a pervert or anything but I had to ask or I would go insane. You have no idea how hard it is to control bloodlust especially when it’s just the two of us and your scent is filling up the car. But don’t worry I’m not going to bite you I have more control than most that are centuries old even. It’s just our protector bond and it makes you really tempting to me. Sorry I shouldn’t have asked now you’ll want to stay away from me because you’ll think I’m a freak. Just forget it.” God, I feel like a complete retard now and he’ll think I’m a perverted stalker or something.

          “No its okay and I trust you not to bite me too. I have given blood here actually, two whole pints, so go ahead I don’t need it. I don’t exactly understand the concept of bloodlust 100% but I know from Nathan it’s not fun.” He responded my question totally calm. I sat there taken aback for two whole seconds before I responded.

          “Wow. That’s not the response I was expecting, of course I didn’t want that one either but wow. How are you so understanding of this when you’re brought up to believe vampires are bloodsucking heartless, soulless monsters?” I asked him still a little surprised.

          “I did believe most of that until I met Nathan and miraculously we became best friends. I know mated vampires don’t have heartbeats but they do have hearts and souls, well the good ones have hearts at least. I know they need blood to survive but not all drain victims; some hunt animals or like you go to blood banks. Vampires can go out in sunlight but most wear sunglasses because it hurts their eyes. They don’t sleep though.” He responded again in a calm, cool manner.

          “Well yes that’s all true about full vampires but not me. I do sleep from 1am to 5am. It’s my biological clock except sometimes I get up earlier if I’m excited for something, like this morning I woke at 4am. You already know about my diet though. The sun thing actually affects me more than full vampires for an unknown reason, I mean I thought it would affect me less but it doesn’t. I have to wear sunglasses everywhere when it’s sunny out and sometimes sun block too or I would burn and not like humans burn either. I would actually start to burn if I stayed out long enough so the longest I can stay out on a sunny day is one hour or I don’t remember what happens exactly because the one time I was out for longer than that was last summer. I was out by myself by the lake and I had no idea that sun affected me that much. I, thankfully, made it under a large shade tree before I collapsed. I woke up an hour later after the sun had gone down. I had burnt skin all over so I went hunting immediately and it healed quick enough for me to get home before my parents came home from work.” I explained to him. He had a horrified expression on for a minute before it turned sympathetic.

          “Oh my god, I can’t believe something like that happened to you. It must have been hell to go through.” He explained.

          “Yeah, well if I don’t get some blood right now to have on hand then I dread to think about the last time I went through bloodlust. Ah, I almost killed my best friend who was a human. I don’t want a repeat of that.” I told him. It actually wouldn’t have been all that bad to kill her. Killing humans gives you a thrill unlike no other.

          “Hold on a second. I want to try something first.” Peter said as he started to lean in. Oh shit I thought, he’s going to kiss me! That’s not the smartest idea even if I did just eat a whole buck, his blood calls to me.

          “Um, Peter that’s not the best idea…” I didn’t get a chance to finish my sentence because his lips crashed to mine and I responded immediately even though I knew how dangerous it was and that he was not my mate either, but I didn’t much care right now. He licked my bottom lip asking for entrance which I granted eagerly. Our tongues were battling for dominance for a few minutes until we broke away for air, but I started trailing kisses down his neck towards the hollow. I already knew my eyes had changed color by now and were red and my fangs had extended but he’s the one who unleashed the monster inside of me when he kissed me. I let my fangs graze his skin and felt him tense up a little bit.

          “No Jennifer don’t do it.” He tried to pry me off of him but I am stronger and I pinned him against the door.

          “I’m so sorry Peter (not really) but I can’t control it any longer. I tried to warn you but you didn’t listen. Don’t worry it won’t poison you; it won’t even hurt, in fact it’ll feel good. Just know that this isn’t my fault and I don’t want to do this exactly but you made me.” And with that I sunk my fangs into his neck. Oh my god, I’ve never tasted anything better in my life. I heard him moan and it turned me on but I stopped because if I continued I wouldn’t stop until I drained him. I licked the wound then ran out of the car faster than the blink of an eye.

          Oh my god I can’t believe I did that! He’s never going to forgive me and I’ll be reminded every day when I see those two little holes in the side of his neck. That is so ugh, I can’t even think of a word for this horrible situation! I’m supposed to be a protector to him and I try to drain him dry?! What is wrong with me? I thought. I was brought out of my rambling thoughts when Peter appeared in front of me. I was about to run away when he grabbed my hand and pulled me to him in a hug.

          “It’s okay Jennifer. I should have listened to you in the first place. I don’t blame you at all for any of this either because it’s my fault and I don’t know why I even did that when we are not mates either. I’m so sorry. Come on and I’ll go with you in the blood bank.” Peter reassured me.

          “Okay thanks that’s going to be there forever. It’s like marking your mate only it’s about vampires and I marked you as my protector/me as yours. There is no way to hide it besides I think it looks powerful. I just wonder what your parents will think. Oh shit! Your parents! They’ll hunt me down for sure if they find out I marked you, even if just  as a protector!” I fake panicked.

          “It is okay you can come with me and we will explain together.” he said.

          “Okay come on I still need more blood.” We then proceeded into the bank where I took enough blood to get me through almost half a year. I let Peter drive to his parents’ house since he has a house of his own, which I find interesting to say the least.

          “We’re here.” Peter exclaimed as soon as we pulled up in front of the two story house. I’m so faking nervousness. I’ll have to explain who and what I am and see if I can join the pack. I’ll have to explain about me and Peter being each other’s protectors and the fact that I already marked him as my protector, for a vampire that is.

          “What if they don’t approve of me? Especially your mother. I already know she’s a bitch and I know your dad is very old-fashioned. I know because I know. Don’t ask.” I said.

          “I’m sure you have nothing to worry about. I hope.” he said the last part under his breath but I heard him of course. He knocked on the door and it was opened by his father who looked like an older version of Peter himself.

          “Peter, what a surprise to see you here! Well hello there. Who is this lovely young lady you have brought here? You do realize she is human?” He said the last part so that if I were human only Peter and he could hear. I could tell Peter almost burst out laughing at that but I did too almost.

          I looked him right in the eye, which you aren’t supposed to do to an Alpha, and introduced myself. “Why hello to you too sir. I’m Jennifer and your son and I have a lot of interesting news for you to hear.” I addressed him as politely as I could.

          “Well come in then.” He said but he was still a little taken aback by me being so forward. “We were just about to eat would you care to join us?”

          “Peter you can go ahead. I’m full.” I said with a wink towards him. I saw him smile and shake his head a little amused.

          “We’ll be having steak. Are you positive you don’t want any? Its well done.” His father directed towards me.

          “Oh no thank you sir I’m highly allergic to anything of the sort.” I half-way told the truth to him.

          He led us to the dining room where a beautiful woman was setting the table for three people and a fourth place setting with just a glass of water. Peter’s mother I assumed.

          “Well hello Jennifer. I’m Cindy and this is my husband George.” Cindy introduced them properly.

          “Well it is my pleasure to meet you both.” I said politely as I took my seat next to Peter at place setting with a glass of water. Everyone started eating and just when George was about to ask me a question Peter happened to cut his hand on the knife. My head snapped around to look at his hand and I knew my eyes were turning red so I quickly grabbed his hand before my fangs retracted and licked the blood off.

          “Don’t do it again. I’m not in total control after that earlier incident Peter and we both know whose fault it was.” I said to him through gritted teeth. He looked shocked but nodded his head all the same. His parents looked shocked and confused until they saw my still red colored eyes and realization came to their faces. George jumped out of his chair in less than two seconds.

          “Peter! How dare you bring this filthy bloodsucker into our house?!” he yelled. He went to make a move toward the kitchen but I cut him off and pinned him to the wall instead.

          “Watch your mouth old man I don’t care if you are the Alpha or not but I overpower you so back down or I will have to show you the more powerful one here. We both know that it is not you so I hope you do as I suggested and we can all have a civilized chat.” I growled. He nodded his head and I wearily let him go and went back over to Peter’s side.

          “What do you want with my son? You are all over him and it can’t be because of his own free will. I raised him better than that.” he stated a little more calmly. I gave Peter an amused look and tried to hold in laughter because they obviously don’t know about Nathan.

          “She’s my protector and I hers. That’s what she wants me for. My best friend is a vampire too but since you barely have anything to do with my life you wouldn’t know would you?” he asked. Cindy gasped and George looked shocked as hell at his news and I couldn’t take it anymore so I busted out laughing. I couldn’t help it. It was so funny that they didn’t know anything about their own son’s life.

          “T-that’s not possible! The protectors myth is just that a myth, it is not real! That bitch must have you under some spell! We know you Peter and you don’t know any vampires! That’s just ridiculous!” his mother screeched at him and at me. Oh, it is SO on I thought to myself as my eyes turned black with anger and I was quickly losing the battle of fighting the change I knew was coming. If I didn’t calm down in the next few seconds then my wolf was going to take over.

          “Calm down Jennifer.” Peter said as he ran over to me and put his hand on my shoulder reassuringly. “It won’t be a pretty sight if you change right here in the dining room. You don’t want to do anything stupid.” He ended.

          I took a deep breath and willed my wolf to back down so I didn’t end up hurting Peter. I really didn’t care if I were to hurt his parents at all. I wouldn’t feel guilty at all. After Peter had finally managed to calm me down, which took about thirty seconds; I turned back to his parents with a cold hard stare. “Care to let us explain or keep insulting me until I lose control and let me tell you I’ve never lost control before so it definitely won’t be pretty.” I said to them coldly.

          “I don’t know what you could possibly have to explain but go ahead and say whatever it is you have to say right now. We’ll listen since we have to I assume.” George said and I growled an animal growl and his eyes widened a little bit from fear, shock, and confusion.

          “I am not a vampire exactly. I am a demon. I was born with a rare genetic mutation that allows my body to host any supernatural genes in perfect harmony. I was turned at the age of 17.” I finished my short biography and looked at their shocked faces with a smirk.

          “I don’t believe you. How can we, if we don’t have any proof. It’s just impossible.” Cindy finally said.

          “Fine, I’ll prove it to you.” I sighed frustratingly. I went out the back door to the backyard. I changed in 3 seconds and decided to have a little fun so I pounced on Peter and knocked him down, pinning him to the ground. I gave a wolfish grin and licked his face just for fun, jumped off him and changed back. I’m SO glad we change with our clothes still on!

          “What was that for?” Peter asked me amusedly.

          I smirked back at him before walking over to him and whispering “I like teasing you. It’s fun to see you flustered.” into his ear and giggling as I saw him blush fiercely before I grabbed his hand and turned him around to face his parents.

          “Believe me now?” I asked innocently while batting my eyelashes.

          “Yes. Welcome to the pack and the family.” George said with a proud smile. I was so shocked I couldn’t move for a second. I had honestly not expected that.

          “Well thank you. It is an honor to be a member of your pack, especially as a demon/vampire and I’m excited to see what it’s like too since neither of my grandparents lived close enough for me to be in their packs and my parents aren’t the first born, nor was I.” I said excitedly. That actually was partly true.

          “Well don’t thank me just yet I must confirm it with the elders and we will need you to demonstrate your skills for us in wolf form of course.” George explained. I nodded my head showing him that I understood then I turned to Peter.

          ‘Yes I’m talking to you in your head and it’s not because we are mates since we aren’t, but because I marked you as my protector. This will not affect anything else but is useful since we aren’t mates and we can still talk to each other. Now I’m telling you that you have to explain to your parents that I marked you with the why factor and the consequences. Please do this for me because I don’t want to get kicked out of the pack before I’m officially part of it’ I told Peter everything in his mind so his parents didn’t overhear. His expression turned from shock at first to worry at the end.

          “Okay I’ll tell them that and maybe they won’t do anything drastic or at least I hope not for both our sake’s.” he replied out loud.

          “We have something else to tell you and you have to listen to all of it before you say anything…” Peter started and waited for them to nod before continuing. ”okay, well Jennifer marked me like a shape-shifter does for their mate, but for being a protector and it was my fault. She knew she wouldn’t be able to stop and told me not to kiss her, especially since we aren’t mates, but I did anyway. She didn’t hurt me in any way and this is also halfway good because we can communicate with each other, especially if one of us is in danger and she has quite a few enemies that thankfully only think she is a vampire otherwise we would all be in trouble. The one bad thing about that is that she has some that are shape-shifters and think that she is a demon only so if they ever came together… That’s why she moved here mostly so they wouldn’t find each other and come after her through her parents. She might need some help from the pack if they ever find her too.” Peter explained to his father who had an expressionless face.

          “Okay come to the pack meeting on Thursday so we can get some things settled and explained. Thank you and I’ll see you on Thursday.” George said. He and his wife then went back into the house leaving Peter and me alone out back.

          “If you don’t mind could you take my car and keep it with you? You can drive it to school tomorrow if you pick me up too and then we can go to my house after school and I can help you control the change too. I just have something I have to do and I don’t need my car, besides it would just slow me down.” I said.

          “Sure that’s fine with me. I’ll pick you up at 7 o’ clock. You live right down the road right?” he asked

          “Yeah I’ll see you then. I’m gonna be late.” I said as walked up to him. I slid my arms around his neck and leaned in for a big hug then pulled back. “Bye” I kissed him on the check and left right before he said it back but I still heard him.

          It was about 7 when I left his house and I reached my destination 30 minutes later. I was several hundred miles away so I didn’t run into anyone I knew. I knew if I didn’t get some fresh human blood as soon as possible that I was going to go back and finish what I’d started with Peter and I didn’t just mean draining him, and that is a disturbing thought. I’m just not ready for that yet unless he was my mate, but I have less self-control than he does for that because of my nature. If I hadn’t backed away from his blood when I did then I seriously wouldn’t have been able to stop until we finished what we started. Okay if I keep thinking about it then I really will go back right now.

          Stopping those disturbingly wicked thoughts I focused on the task at hand: satiating the thirst for Peter’s blood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          It was at least 11 o’ clock when I entered my empty house. I’m glad that my parents have the night shift, which I find ironic for me. I chuckled at that thought on my way to my room. Once I was finished getting ready for bed I sent up a silent prayer to help me not jump Peter for his blood. I also prayed that we would be good together as protectors and that hopefully I won’t put anyone at risk by my being here. I looked at the time before I fell into darkness and it was 3 am, just right. My last thought was: what would Peter and Nathan think if they knew what I just did tonight or a million times before too?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

222K 7.1K 35
We all know the cliche story about the girl whose mate is the alpha and she gets rejected then kidnapped and all of a sudden they are in love and hav...
1.1K 78 28
Olivia embarks on an uncanny adventure trying to find her truth, having to go into hiding as a rogue in a new town, to most of her memories unknowing...
107K 4K 22
Emily Claire's world is turned upside down when she and her destiny mate found together. She has lived from house to house and she's finally turned 1...
59.1K 1.2K 48
COMPLETED Meet Melissa Rivera. A 25 year old woman with a doctor's degree. She moves to Forks to start a new life in a new state. She works as Carlis...