Hiding in Plain Sight (Slowly...

Від uuuuume9909

This is going to be Sang and Erik's third move in as many years. They have to think of a way to protect them... Більше

To start off by saying
Sang and Erik
The Dinner "Date" (WHAT!!!)
Up In Flames
You Call That a Smile
Nefarious Laughter, Really
Looking Eye to Eye
Letting Sleeping Bears Rest
Turned Upside Down
Scrambling Eggs
Keeping Secrets?
Storming the Castle
Partners in Crime
Accidentally on Purpose?
All's Fair in Love & War
A Dish Best Served Cold
Having Fun Zombie Style
What is Reality?
Cloud gazing???
Baby Bear sized Hugs
A.M & F.M
Feeding an Army
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Oopsie...
Note! Not an update yet!?!
Let the games begin
Expressions
Oh what a tangled web...
Truth?

Lit Candles

1.8K 159 29
Від uuuuume9909

Sang's POV

     I stretched my arms above my head extending them toward the headboard.   Wait where's my headboard?  It was that wayward thought that reminded me where I was and what was going on.   Erik groaned next to me.  My twin was not a morning person.  I sent him a wave of energy almost like a jolt. That should wake him up some.  I could hear shuffling coming down the hall.  My mind started to plan what to do.

     "How are you feeling papa?  Did you sleep well? Thank you for calming me from my night terror.  She's coming down the hallway, so the plan is I'm gonna make myself invisible.  You then are going to open the door for me to go out depending on if she realizes I'm not in bed or not determines our next move." I softly projected to him.

     Erik nodded his head put his hand out till he fealt my hair than leaned forward and kissed my hair.  I think he was trying to kiss my forehead.  I shook my head at my crazy brother.  I know he was wanting to calm and reassure me.  He got up and opened the door sticking his head out first.  He then opened it all the way.  "From what I can see she isn't at your door yet.  How we gonna pull this off?"  He whispered.  Why isn't he using mind speak would be so much easier.

     "Sang get your lazy ass up.  If your not up and downstairs in 5 minutes." She yelled as she pounded pounded my door. She never finishes the threat.  I think its supposed to scare me.  Make me wonder what it may be that she's going to do but strangely I'm not scared today like I normally would be.  She continues to walk toward the end of the hall where our bathroom is probably to check there for me too.

     I looked over at Erik.  He still looked a little dazed but he calmly walked out into the hallway walking past her like nothing odd was going on and opened my door.  This was not an uncommon thing either.  He would always make sure I was up for her when she yelled at me like that. I slipped in and make myself visible.

    I went into my closet and got dressed in there.  When I stepped out Erik was still standing there looking at the door almost like a watch dog.  I put my hand on his shoulder.  I could feel the tension in his shoulders start to melt just from the touch.  I grabbed his hand and we headed down the stairs.

     Our father and his wife, also known as the wicked stepmother, were sitting down at the kitchen table with a smile on their faces.  This doesn't look good for us. 

    "Sang, Erik please sit down we need to discuss something with you.  As you know it's our anniversary next week.  We were planning to move then have a weekend getaway to celebrate but Marie has made different plans to surprise me.  She got us tickets for a 12 day cruise in Alaska.  So the two of you will finish packing and move everything to our new house.  I've already put the address in the GPS of your car Erik.  Sang can drive that and Erik, you drive the u-haul truck.  We will be back in two weeks.  Wasn't that a wonderful surprise.  I have the best wife possible.  The two of you are almost 17 you can take care of yourselves for two weeks.  Hell you will probably have more fun than us.  We have to drive to the airport in an hour.  We will return here after the cruise and drive down to you.  Marie has asked that you unpack as well. I believe that is a reasonable request.  I am going to give you $200 for gas and food for the two weeks until we get there.  Oh and registration for school is next week but just forge my signature or something I don't care.  Have a nice vacation from us kids."  At that our father stood up got his wallet out handed Erik some money and walked out of the kitchen.  The witch just glared and hissed, "The house had better be perfect, exactly like it is here or."  Again an open threat as she stormed out of the kitchen.

     I looked over at Erik who like me had a confused look on his face.  "Did that really just happen?"  I whispered.
He shrugged his shoulders and mind whispered back,  "I have the greatest idea.  We are going to have so much fun until the bitch comes back.  First we gotta take pictures of each room from multiple angles to get everything right.  Then to my GPS, we need to find out exactly where we are going then to my laptop to Google maps."  A blinding smile suddenly appeared on Erik's face.  Oh no this is not going to be good for me.  I have a feeling its going to be let's exploit Sang's abilities time.  Oh joy!

     Erik grabbed his phone from his room and started to take pictures of every room like he said.  I just stood there shocked still in the kitchen but in my defense at least I am no longer at the table. I moved to the sink, so I could splash water on my face. 

    It took a few minutes for my mind to completely comprehend exactly what just happened.   I'm going to be free from her for two weeks.  Once  that fact sunk in my brain started to analyze what Erik's plan may be.  Then I realized what it was and I was off to his car.  When I got to the driveway Erik's car and the moving truck was only thing there.  They left without telling us goodbye.  I didn't know if I should feel insulted or relieved.  I went with relieved after a quick assessment of the situation.  If they had said goodbye we may have had a confrontation with her.

      I opened his car door leaned in and touched the screen on the GPS.  The destination flashed on the screen  15763 Elm Drive Charleston, South Carolina.  "I got the address papa, do you have the pictures ready?"  I started walking toward the door.  "Yeah all taken care of, starting laptop now should be up and ready by the time you get up here."  This is one of those days when I love our bond. 

     True to his word by the time I got to his room he was sitting on his bed and had the laptop ironically on his lap.  He looked up and grinned, "So, what's the address?"  After I told him we both looked at the screen at the two story gray house.  It was actually pretty nice.  It had a garage, perfect.

     "You ready to do this? I've got to move our stuff from the u-haul once we do we gonna bring it back since we won't need it now."

     Erik was giving me a confused look.  Did he already forget the abilities he was ready to exploit earlier.  I quickly concentrated moving all of our things to my room where they would be out of the way.  I'm starting to wonder about my brother's sanity today.  He is acting off still I know I should figure out what it is but there is so much other things I need to do so we can actually enjoy our two weeks.

     "Do you think you can pull off being dad and tell them we are not going to need it after all but instead of reimbursing the credit card you would like the difference in cash.  I will follow you in the car once we get home we'll head to the new house and as long as you feed me we should be all moved in by this afternoon including your car in the garage."

     Erik gave me his lopsided grin that made his dimples pop.  "Of course I can do this baby bear.  I can be a better parent than them any day."

     I laughed at what he implied and nodded my head in agreement.  It only took a minute to make Erik look just like Dad. 

     He walked calmly to the u-haul got in and waited patiently for me to follow in his car.  Secretly I hated driving, but to just disappear from the u-haul place would raise too many flags.  It only took about 15 minutes to get there.  I stood next to Erik as he explained it all to the man and oddly ended up with almost $500 to put in his wallet at the end.   He grabbed my hand as he led me to his car.  As soon as we left the parking lot he let out a sigh.  He pulled into a shopping center a few miles away.

      As soon as the car was parked he turned to me and pleaded, "please, please baby bear make me me again I feel like my sanity is being sucked away every second I have to look like him."

     I hugged him as I shifted him back to himself.  "Come on papa bear let's get back to the house and start moving."

     I must have said something right because Erik's smile was back as he put the car back into gear to head back to the house for hopefully the last time.

    After we pulled up we both got out of the car and went through the front door.  As soon as we were through the door we grabbed each other's hand and I closed my eyes visualizing the inside of the garage at the new house.  When I opened my eyes next I was looking at white walls behind Erik's shoulder.

    Erik and I proceeded to go room to room first looking at pictures then me moving everything from the old house to the new.  At around lunch time we stopped to eat.  I made us grilled cheese sandwiches.  He liked his with peanut butter.  I made mine with apples on it too just to be different.  It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it may be. 

     After lunch surprisingly we were done moving everything including our boxes from our rooms.  I decided to leave mine boxed up for now.  I actually wanted to unpack it all by hand.  I projected us back to our old house to make sure we didn't miss anything.   Anything I did see I just moved to the room that was going to be mine.  I figured I could organize as I go.   The last things I moved over was Erik's bed and desk.

    I looked over at Erik, "I'm sleeping with you again tonight, I'm going to need the physical contact with you to recharge myself from all this.  Is that ok with you?"

     Erik just shrugged his shoulders and grunted.  I don't speak teenage boy fluently but I believe that meant ok.  We locked the door at the old house for the last time.  I was actually gonna get teary eyed.

      We got in Erik's car.  I told him to drive to the local make out spot.  I logically thought that would be the safest place to disappear from.  No one should be up there during the day and it's secluded enough.  He shot me an odd look almost questioning how I knew about that.  This time it was my turn to shrug. 

      By the time we got to the secluded area it was starting to get dark.  I quickly projected the car into its place in the new garage.  We walked into the kitchen through the garage door. 

     The sun was a combination of orange and pink beautifully setting out the kitchen window.  As I turned to flick the switch for the lights I had a sense of forgetting something.  When the lights didn't turn on I realized what it was.  We forgot to get the power turned on at the new house.  Erik was uncharacteristically quiet as I started to rant to myself about forgetting the power.  When I turned to face him I realized why.  He had his head down on his crossed arms sound asleep. 

      I laughed softly as I placed my hand on his shoulders to project him onto his bed so he was more comfortable.  I then made my hands burst into flames.  Oddly enough it didn't even make my hands warm.  I walked up stairs using my mind to open my bedroom door.  I made one hand extinguish as I used that hand to search for the candles I knew I put in there.  Finally finding the candle I used my finger to light it before extinguishing my hand.  Looking out my window I could've sworn I saw movement but shrugged it off.  I walked to Erik's room next door to mine putting the candle on his dresser. 

    Deciding to experiment with my abilities I projected a copy of the candle onto the desk.  OMG it worked. Since it worked I placed one more candle on the dresser.  I touched Erik's face and pictured his lounge pants and a white t-shirt on him.  I then imagined into existence  sleep shorts and a tank on myself as I climbed into bed with Erik.  I know it was still pretty early but I knew we had a lot to do tomorrow and wanted as much rest as I could get.  I placed my head on his chest and let the rise and fall of his chest combine with his  heartbeat to lull me to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~ Academy POVS

Kota's POV

     I'm so glad to be back home.  We got lucky the next assignment was currently in our home town.  I pulled my car into my driveway and out of reflex assessed my environment.  I looked down the road to the left noting all the houses.  Next I turned to the houses on the right.  All was clear and normal until I looked directly across the street.  The gray two story had been empty for going on two months now but I swear I just seen a light of some sort in the upstairs window.   As I walked closer the light moved to the next room.

    I instantly grabbed my phone and sent a text to Mr. B.   Mr. B just wanted to inform you there are lights in the upstairs rooms in the house across the street.  It looks like either lanterns or candles.  How would you like me to proceed?

    Within a minutes time I had my answer.  Do not engage.  I am sending Mr. Taylor to your house to go next door and investigate.   He should be there shortly keep me informed of the situation please Mr. Lee.

   Of course he is going to be formal at this point none of us expect anything else.  Yes, sir. I will let you know when Luke gets here and what he finds out.  I didn't get a reply.

     Within 5 minutes a black motorcycle pulled into the drive.  Two people were on it.  Again another predictable situation, North was not going to let Luke drive any of his vehicles. Luke was an excellent driver though, we all were expected to be.

     They walked over to me standing in my yard staring across the street.  In retrospect I'm surprised the police were not called on me as I was looking quite suspicious.  I quickly shot a text to Mr B.   Luke and North just got here let you know more as I find it out.  Again, not shocked  by his formal response,  Thank you Mr. Lee.  If you are in need of any other assistance until then just let me know.  

     I point out the lights in the window and catch my breath as Luke disappears in front of me.  He knows not to do that in public but since our encounter with the blond last night in Pennsylvania he has been so off his game.  In all honesty we all are off but no one wants to admit it. 

Luke's POV

    As I cross the street and head toward the house my mind wanders to my always girl.  Or AG as I am going to start referring to her.  I can still see her long blond hair cascading down her back. As I scale up the drainage pipe next to the window in question, I picture her full lips imagining sucking her bottom lip into my mouth to taste her sweetness.  As I look into the window my jaw drops as I fall from the ledge I was perched on.  I tried to collect myself and pick up the shattered parts of my heart from the ground around me.  At least no one could see me falling. 

    I took my phone from my pocket and did a mass text to all of my family as I walked across the street back to Kota's.  Houston we have a problem!  The shit hath officially  hitteth the fan emergency family meeting ASAP!!!

    Mr. B was the first to respond.  What did you find?  I'm not even going to comment on your language at this time can everyone meet at Mr Griffin's residence within 20 minutes.

    Doc was next.  Yes, I am currently on call so may need to leave during it so will be taking my own vehicle.

   Victor-  Of course, does anyone need a ride?

   Gabe-  What the fuck's up man? It isn't like you to act serious and call emergency meetings and since when do you curse.  Don't tell me North and I have finally rubbed off on you. And yes Victor I do need a ride mine's been acting up.

    North (even though he's right beside me)  WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME IT'S NOT ACTING RIGHT FUCKER!!! I COULD'VE HAD IT FIXED ALREADY DUMB ASS  (now I know why he text he had to blow off steam)

     Nathan- I'll get the drinks ready from the sound of it may need to get into my dad's hidden good stuff.

    Silas- On the way now be there soon

    Mr. B-  When I get there we will be discussing the language in these texts gentlemen.  Some of you need to learn the correct way to respond. Is that understood and Mr Taylor do you have pictures for us.  I honestly didn't think of pictures but I guess I can go back and get some now that I know what I'm going to find. 

     I look over at North and Kota and let them know I'm going back for pictures but before I do I look directly at North and inform him, "After having to go back and take these pictures you are making me chocolate chip pancakes and you are not going to complain.  When you see pictures you will understand why I'm traumatized."

    North just smirked as if to say whatever.  I'll see how much he's thinking whatever when he sees the pictures of my AG in bed with that worm and sees her tiny body wrapped around him like a koala.  He's gonna want to rip him limb from limb. 

    I quickly got the pictures shutting my mind down as I did hoping I won't crack again from seeing it again.  I didn't really check the pictures other than quality making sure there was enough light so everyone will know what it was they were seeing.

    Instead of walking back across the street I started walking 4 houses down to Nathan's.  I really needed that drink now but first North owed me chocolate chip pancakes.

********  I'm sorry about it taking so long to post this.  I am going to finish the meeting tomorrow but my pillow started calling my name.  Again any errors or problems please let me know and have a great night y'all love ya birdies <3 B

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

354K 16.7K 60
{Completed} A lost soul in a sea of anguish and confusion, Sang floats alone, and the treacherous waters around her are starting to consume her; she'...
161K 9.1K 22
Your prospects are limited when you don't exist, but Sang Sorenson has been getting by as a cashier in a grocery store after dropping out of high sch...
High Stakes Від SB

Фанфіки

193K 9.2K 29
Fanfiction of C.L.Stone's Academy series. Re-imagines Academy world with vampires and vampire hunters. Violence. Romance. Suspense. Oh my! Sang Soren...
165K 6.2K 59
What if a second bird was joining Sang and the Academy boys. Sang and James are like night and day. Winter and Summer. Where Sang can be quiet and ti...