We're a Family

Av Soccerstar2015

From average days to big tournaments, best friends, Hope Solo and Carli Lloyd, look out for their daughter Ju... Mer

(1) A Little Bit of Trouble
(3) Realizations
(4) Explosions
(5) Mama and Me
(6) Tobs
(7) Pancakes!
(8) Dinner Dates
(9) MoMo
(10) Pregame
(11) Goals!
(12) Keep it Together
(13) Just Don't Hurt Her
(14) That Time
(15) M&Ms
(16) No Ice!
(17)Grounded
(18) Bowling
(19) Heat Stroke
(20) Uh Oh
(21) Mama-ing
(22) Jealousy
(23) Planning
(24) Aftermath
(25) Cinnabon
(26) Bully
(27) Guess Who's Here?
(28) Mom and Papa
(29) Fish Fishy
(30) Training
(31) Progress In Two Directions
(32) Sweet Surprises
(33) "Bye" but possibly "Hi"?
(34) New Additions
(35) Understanding
(36) Ring! Ring!
(37) Insta-Fam
(38) Adventures in Writing
(39) We're Sisters
(40) Leaning on Eachother
(41) I'll Get It!
(42) Not So Sweet Surprises
(43) Moms
(44) Hide and Seek
(45) Strawberry
RED ALERT: GOOD NEWS!!

(2) Good Morning to You too!

5.4K 91 8
Av Soccerstar2015

Julie's POV

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

I shut my eyes tight and pull my pillow over my head to try to silence the obnoxious noise disturbing me from my sleep.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

"Ugh!" groans Morgan loudly, "Make it stop!"

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

Finally having enough, I turn back and slap my hand down on the stupid thing to make it quit. I roll out of bed and make my way to our bathroom to brush my teeth. I go through my whole morning routine, minus getting dressed, and find Moe still cuddled up in her blankets. I pick up my pillow and throw it at her. "C'mon we have training today, and we only have half an hour to get down stairs for breakfast."

"We'll take the elevator." she sleepily mumbles back. I chuckle.

"Moe, you have to get dressed." I point out taking out my training gear from my bag.

Knock! Knock! Knock! Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Brush your teeth, comb your hair, make yourself not look like an alien..." I trail off as I answer the door.

"Hey! Is Moe here?" ask Kling.

"Yeah." I say moving so she can see. "She won't get up." Meghan shakes her head before running and jumping on top of her best friend.

"MOE! GET UP!" she shouts making me laugh. "C'MON MOVE IT ALREADY!"

"Kling! Shh!" yells back Morgan. Meghan gets up and yanks the covers off of Moe's bed. "KLING!!!"

"What?" she ask back innocently. I roll my eyes as I go back into the bathroom to change. I slip on my shoes and grab my stuff before heading down knowing that Meghan will take care of Morgan. As I wait for the elevator, Christen comes out of her room.

"Hey Pressy!" I greet.

"Hey Jules!" she says with her huge smile. Only her, Mom, and Mama are allowed to call me that. Well really only her, but I can't exactly tell them no. "How has your day been so far?"

"Fine except that Moe won't get out of bed. How's your morning gone?"

"Good, but what do you mean she won't get out of bed? Is she alright? Do I need to get Tobin?" she ask worriedly.

"No! She's fine!" I say quickly to calm her down. "She's just being lazy. Kling's down there now dealing with it."

"Oh alright!" she says smiling again. The elevator finally comes so we take it down to the bottom level where all the dining rooms are. We walk in and I immediately get called over by Mom.

"Ma'am?" I ask when I get to her.

"Good morning JJ. Did you sleep good? Oh here, Mama got your food." she says and asks while handing me a plate.

"Thanks and yes I slept good." I say a little annoyed. She knows I like to get it myself and they need to stop worrying about me sleeping. It's my body. I know when I need rest.

"Hey no need to get an attitude." states Mama not taking her eyes from the paper. I look down and roll my eyes earning a disapproving look from Mom.

"Sorry Mama." I say sheepishly, uncomfortable under the glare of my mother.

"It's alright kid. Just go eat. Love you." Whatever she's reading  must be really interesting because she still hasn't looked up.  

"Love you too." I mumble walking away to Press' table. "Those two get on my nerves."

"Who?" she asks taking a bite of her eggs.

"Mo-" I start, but then remember who I'm talking to, "Hope and Carli."

"Jules I know you call them Mom and Mama. I'm pretty sure everyone does." says Christen continuing to eat.

"Oh." I blush looking down.

"Hey no need to be embarrassed. I think it's sweet." she says smiling at me.

"Really?"

"Yes really." she laughs. "Why don't you eat that bacon instead of staring at it?" I turn red again, but pick up my fork and start my breakfast. Mama got me grits and she knows I hate them, I've only had that conversation with her a thousand times, but now I have to eat them because our coaches check our plates when we get our food to make sure they're balanced and once they do you have to eat it all. Mama likes to make my plate because even though it's checked she doesn't believe my palate is healthy enough or something to that measure. Kling and Moe join us shortly. "Morning sleeping beauty."

"Shut up." grumbles Morgan.

"Be nice 'Zombie Brat'." laughs Meghan shoving her in the head. Morgan pushes her back in the shoulder. "Uh oh, JJ, Carlos at ten o'clock."

"Huh?"

"We're leaving in twenty. Just a heads up." says Mama coming up behind me. "Julie finish those please." she says referring to the grits. 

"But Mama I don't like them!" I whine.

She looks at me confused, "What do you mean you don't like them? I thought they were your favorite." I look at her dumbfounded.

"Mama I've told you a billion times that I hate them!"

"Julie." she warns lowly.

"Moe, c'mon we need to get food." says Kling dragging Morgan.

"Oh look at that! I need more coffee!" laughs Press looking down at her coffee cup. "I'll be right back!" She leaves, leaving Mama and I alone at the table.

"I don't know what's going on with you today young lady, but it needs to stop." she says sternly making me gulp. Mama is definitely the scary one. "Now finish your breakfast."

"Yes ma'am." I say a quickly finish the last few fork fulls. Moe and Kling come back laughing, but stop when they see the look on Mama's face.

"See me after morning training." she says and pats my shoulder before walking off. I groan and throw my head back.

"Is Ms. Perfect in trouble?" ask Morgan.

I glare at her,  "Leave me alone." I get up and throw my plate away before stomping to the elevator because I left my pre wrap on the desk.  If Mama would just listen to me more she would have known I don't like grits and she would've known I like to make my plate! She never listens! Now I'm in trouble and it's not even my fault!

Ping!

I sigh and pull my phone from my pocket.

From Pressy:
Bus leaves in 5 minutes. Where'd you go?

As I start to type I get another message.

From Mommy:
Mama told me what happened. I'm not happy with you JB.

My heart sinks as a read the message from Mom. I don't like when she's mad at me. She always gets so disappointed and gives me the cold shoulder unlike Mama who yells. I send Press a message saying I'm in my room but I'll be down in a second, but decide it's probably better not to respond to Mom. I make a quick headband then head back down to the lobby.

"There you are Johnston!" says Jill. "Let's go! We're waiting on you!"

"Sorry Coach!" I yell picking up my pace and jogging out to the bus. I get on and find my spot next to Christen.

"We just about left you." says Press handing my bag with my training stuff in it. I completely forgot about it.

"Thanks Pressy!"  I smile. "Sorry I needed my headband." I explain pointing at it.

"Jules you know just about everyone of us has blue prewrap."

"Yeah I know, but I always have to ask."

"No you don't." says Moe turning around in her seat. "Carli started bringing some for you."

"She does?" I ask. I honestly didn't know that. I thought she thought it was silly.

"Yes JJ. Maybe if you'd listen to her every once in awhile then you'd know that." she says before turning back to her conversation with Kling and Kelley. Kelley! Shoot! I was supposed to give her that letter! Hopefully Moms forgot. We finally pull up to the field and warm up some before we get split into teams for scrimmage. I get put on Mom's team. Wonderful. I'd rather be on Mama's team because then I wouldn't really have to interact with her too much. I sort of have to when I'm with Mom. I mean it's kind of my job.

Hope's POV

I watch as Julie tries her hardest to avoid me. It's actually quite entertaining. If she hasn't noticed she's playing sweep today and I'm the keeper she's trying to protect. Everythings going okay until Syd  takes a shot to the top left corner. I'm too much to the right to be able to get a hand on it and Julie can tell. She goes up to head it away without noticing A-rod, who's on the other team, go up too. JJ gets the touch, but Amy gets her head. Julie starts to fall backwards. I dive to try to catch her, but come in short as the post bangs from the impact of her head. I crawl the two steps to her and lean over her to look into her eyes. "JB?" I ask cautiously. She doesn't say anything but moan in pain. "Hey hey hey. Shh. Don't move." Dawn rushes over and gently picks up her head to examine it.

"Alright JJ, can you tell me where we are?" ask Dawn sitting her up so she can see the back of her head better.

"Um at practice." she mumbles reaching back to feel her head.

"No no no. Julie don't do that." says Dawn quickly. "Hope, can you hold her hands?" I nod and take her hands in my gloved ones. "JJ, do you know who is holding your hands sweetie? Can you tell me about her?" she ask motioning over to Jill. I briefly see her hands and sigh. Red. Julie's busted her head open.

"That's H-Hope." she says closing her eyes in pain. "Hope Solo. She's a goal keeper."

"Mhm. That's right. Do you remember what you call her Julie?" ask Coach who is now crouched behind her too. I feel a hand on my shoulder and look up to Carli.

"What's-" I put my finger to my lips to hush her. She nods and walks around to Dawn squatting down next to her so she can see what's going on. She looks and furrows her eyebrows together before looking back at me with a defeated look on her face. I raise my eyebrows. She just shakes her head. I check to make sure Julie isn't watching me and see her looking down messing with my gloves so I mouth, "Stitches?" Carli looks confused for a minute before realising what I said and nods. I sigh and look back at JJ.

"Did you hear me Julie? What do you call Hope?" ask Coach again.

"Mom." she groans squeezing her eyes tightly closed as Dawn presses a towel to her head. "Mom make them stop." begs Julie opening her eyes to look at me.

"I can't baby. I promise they're helping." I say with a sad smile. I lean forward and kiss her forehead. "It'll be over soon. Just breathe JB." I hear her start to hiccup right before tears start to pour down her face.

"Julie we need to move you kid. I'm going to need you to walk to the trainer's tent. Do you think you can do that?" ask Dawn. Julie hesitantly nods. "Hope and Carli can you help her up?"

"Yeah. Sure thing." says Carli already hopping up. I get up a little slower as I help Julie to get her feet in a position so Carli and I can just pull her up. "Ready?" she ask once I get all the way up.

"Yeah." I nod. "One. Two. Three." I count. We get her up but her knees go weak. I look to Dawn for instructions on what she wants us to do. She hesitates so I ask, "Can I just carry her?"

"Can you do that?"

"Yeah. She's not too heavy." I say swooping her up. I carry her over to the tent and get her on the table. "You're going to be fine Jay." I say and kiss her forehead. Just please don't let her have a concussion.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

46.1K 1.2K 41
❝ 𝘏𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘢 𝘣𝘰𝘺𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘩𝘰'𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦, 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥? ❞ ───✰✰✰✰✰─── 𝘏𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘴𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘭 𝘸𝘢𝘴...
32.7K 1K 25
Former USWNT players, Kelley O'Hara and Hope Solo have been married for a few years now. Kelley learns that Hope has cheated on her while she is expe...
7K 208 15
Someone once said "Relationships are like glass, sometimes it's better to leave them broken than to hurt yourself putting the pieces back together."...
42 0 21
Hope's sister, Allison, took Hope away from their old household. Their parents were supernatural and weren't the best people in the world. They were...