Beaufort Academy | EDITING

By OverlyDramatic12

KathNiel x JaDine x JaRon JohnDria x WoLexis x AlBee Six people. Three stories. One school. Chandria Santos •... More

Chapter One: Arrival
Chapter Two: Clash
Chapter Three: Game Changer
Chapter Four: The Deal
Chapter Five: Denial
Chapter Six: Doubts
Chapter Seven: Promises
Chapter Eight: Surprises
Chapter Nine: Games
Chapter Ten: Rescue
Chapter Eleven: Confrontations
Chapter Twelve: Longest Night
Chapter Thirteen: Newcomer
Chapter Fourteen: Challenges
Chapter Fifteen: Playing Pretend
Chapter Sixteen: Advices
Chapter Seventeen: Miss Understood
Chapter Eighteen: Scared
Chapter Nineteen: Apologies
Chapter Twenty: Calm before the Storm
Chapter Twenty-One: Hidden Feelings
Chapter Twenty-Two: Game Day
Chapter Twenty-Three: Bestfriends Forever and For Keeps
Chapter Twenty-Four: More than Words
Chapter Twenty-Five: Girls' Night Out
Chapter Twenty-Six: Rivals
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Firsts
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Starting Again
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Courtship
Chapter Thirty: Push and Pull
Chapter Thirty-One: Flower Power
Chapter Thirty-Two: Families
Chapter Thirty-Three: Foundation Day
Chapter Thirty-Four: Foundation Day 2
Chapter Thirty-Five: AvoiDANCE
Chapter Thirty-Six: Basket Boys Night
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Truth or Date
Chapter Thirty-Eight: The Black and White Masquerade Ball
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Roommates
Chapter Forty: Chase
Chapter Forty-One: Good Night and the Morning After (WoLexis)
Chapter Forty-Two: Observations
Chapter Forty-Three: The Answer (JohnDria)
Chapter Forty-Four: Deeply
Chapter Forty-Five: Childhood Sweethearts (AlBee)
Chapter Forty-Six: Back to School
Chapter Forty-Seven: Lunch Time Madness
Chapter Forty-Eight: Preparations
Chapter Forty-Nine: Meet the Parents
Chapter Fifty: The Substitute
Chapter Fifty-One: The Initiation Party
Chapter Fifty-Two: Exchanges
Chapter Fifty-Three: Let Downs & Comebacks
Chapter Fifty-Four: Sports Fest - Semi-finals Day
Chapter Fifty-Five: Sports Fest - Interschool Cheerleading Contest
Chapter Fifty-Six: The After-Contest Effects
Chapter Fifty-Seven: Sports Fest - Color Fun Run
Chapter Fifty-Eight: Declarations
Chapter Fifty-Nine: Opéra des Anges: Alexis at 18
Chapter Sixty: Barricades
Chapter Sixty-One: Partly
Chapter Sixty-Two: Alvin's 18th
Chapter Sixty-Three: Distracted
Chapter Sixty-Four: Lost
Chapter Sixty-Five: Championship
Chapter Sixty-Six: Decisions Made
Chapter Sixty-Seven: Chandria Santos at 18
Chapter Sixty-Eight: Mr. X
Chapter Sixty-Nine: Kidnapped
Chapter Seventy: Prelude
Chapter Seventy-One: Knock Down
Chapter Seventy-Two: Rage
Chapter Seventy-Three: Faults
Chapter Seventy-Four: Caught
Chapter Seventy-Five: Stay
Chapter Seventy-Six: Runaway
Chapter Seventy-Seven: Future Plans
Chapter Seventy-Eight: Reminders
Chapter Seventy-Nine: Road to Forgiveness
Chapter Eighty-One: Coming Home
Chapter Eighty-Two: Exhibit of Love
Chapter Eighty-Three: Elizabeth is Queen
Chapter Eighty-Four: Onwards
Chapter Eighty-Five: Seven Years Later

Chapter Eighty: Smile

7.6K 182 33
By OverlyDramatic12

"How is she?" Elizabeth said, with a worried look on her face. She had just arrived in the hospital with Chandria and Alvin. John was by the entrance waiting for them.

"She's still in surgery," John said. "I don't know. They can't tell us anything about her condition yet."

"Who did this?" Chandria asked.

"I don't know..." John replied.

"It's not Paul, is it?" Chandria asked again.

"No, the police was just here and they told us he's still locked up in jail," John said. "So it can't be him."

"But who else would want to harm her?" Elizabeth asked.

"I don't know..." John said.

"Where's Wolf?" Chandria asked.

"He's in front of the surgery room and wouldn't leave," John said. "The police just left and they said they apprehended a possible suspect and they wanted Wolf to ID him but Wolf doesn't want to leave until he knows Alexis' condition."

What happened was that when Alexis lost consciousness, and Wolf was panicking but was trying to stop the bleeding, the police arrived with the ambulance. They brought Alexis and her bodyguard to the nearest hospital and from there, Wolf had asked them to call his house and tell them what happened. John was the only one at home so he came to the hospital immediately. Wolf had since then refused to leave his spot in front of the surgery room where Alexis was being treated and it was John who had to talk to the police and was the one who called their parents and friends to tell them the bad news.

All of them then went to where Wolf was waiting. Chandria went directly to Wolf and sat beside him then immediately put an arm around her best friend. But Wolf was unmoving. He sat there, traces of blood still on his clothes, and he kept looking at his hands as if he could still see the moment when he held Alexis as she lost consciousness.

Elizabeth leaned on the wall. She had become very uneasy because, after all, the last two times she was in the hospital was because someone tried to harm her and now she was there with the possibility of losing a friend.

Alvin, who had never left her side, noticed her uneasiness and saw that she was near tears so he did the only thing he could do. Alvin took Elizabeth's hand.

The pressure of Alvin's hand on her hand seemed to pull Elizabeth out of her uneasiness. She looked at him.

"It'll be okay," Alvin whispered. "She'll pull through this."

Elizabeth nodded and gave him a small smile as they held hands. A few more minutes passed and there was still no news on how she was doing when John learned that her bodyguard didn't make it.

That did it for Wolf. Without any word, he suddenly stood up and started walking away. Chandria was about to follow him but John stopped her.

"Let him go, Chandria," John said. "He needs to be alone right now."

Chandria nodded as she watched Wolf walk away.

Wolf, on the other hand, felt like he was suffocating. He couldn't stand being there, not being able to do anything but wait. He couldn't stand the sympathetic looks Chandria was giving him, or the impatient ones his brother was giving as he glanced at the door.

He was walking around the hospital, and although he didn't notice, people were staring at him because he was covered in blood. He kept wandering around when he noticed a signage pointing to the hospital's chapel and before he knew it, he had followed it and was standing in front of the door leading to the chapel.

He went inside and walked in the aisle until he was in front of the altar. It had been a while since he prayed last – not since his Mom died. Wolf knelt in front of the altar and looked at the cross hanging on the wall behind it.

"Please... please..." Wolf whimpered as he clutched his aching heart. "I can't take another loss... not Alexis please... I'll do anything... give up everything... just please don't take her from me..."

Wolf cried there, pleading to God to not take Alexis away from him. He didn't know how long he stayed there. It wasn't until he felt a hand on his shoulder did Wolf move. When he looked up to see who it was, he saw that it was his Tita Devon.

"Wolf," Mrs. Devon said as he knelt down beside him and hugged him. Wolf broke down even more as Mrs. Ford patted his back to comfort him. It had also been a long time Wolf felt a mother take care of him.

It was John who called their parents. However, Mr. Paulo was currently in a business trip so only Mrs. Devon went.

"Shh... Wolf... it's ok, everything going to be fine," Mrs. Devon whispered. "Alexis is a fighter, she'll pull through this."

They stayed like that for a few minutes until Wolf calmed down enough that Mrs. Devon led him up and they sat on one of the queue. They stayed in the chapel for a while, as they both prayed for Alexis' life. Until Wolf suddenly felt weird – it was as if he could hear Alexis' voice calling him.

He suddenly stood up and looked around.

"Wolf?" Mrs. Devon called, surprised.

"We have to go back," Wolf said urgently. He suddenly walked fast, his stepmom following behind him. He arrived in front of the surgery room, where everyone else were waiting.

"Wolf?" John said.

"Is there any news?" Wolf asked, and just as he did, the door opened and the surgeon went out.

"For Alexis Sandoval?" the surgeon asked. Wolf, and everybody else huddled around him.

"Yes," Wolf said.

"The stab wound in her chest caused her to lose a lot of blood," the surgeon said. "It was touch and go for a while but we were able to repair the damages."

"Does that mean...?" Wolf asked.

"The stab wound almost tore right through her heart, but instead, she could actually go home in a couple of days," the surgeon said. "The patient will be transferred to the ICU until her condition stables further. You can all see her in the morning."

There was a collective sigh of relief from everybody as they also thanked the doctor.

"Now why don't we all go home and rest," Mrs. Devon said. "So that we can be bright and early to see Alexis tomorrow?"

Everybody agreed and they all said their good byes to each other, promising to visit early the next day.

"You two want to catch a ride with me?" Mrs. Devon asked the Ford brothers.

"I brought my car with me," John said. "But Wolf needs to go to the police station first."

"Why don't I go with him and you take Chandria home?" Mrs. Devon said.

"What?" John said. "Alvin can take her home. He's going to send Liz home too anyway."

"Oh dear, I'm sure Alvin's also tired," Mrs. Devon insisted.

"It's okay, Tita, I can take her home too," Alvin offered.

"Yes, Tita, I'm sure John's tired too," Chandria said, embarrassed.

"No, no," Mrs. Devon said. "John, go on take her home."

"Okay, okay, I'll take her home," John said, giving in to his Mom's request.

"Good, come on, Wolf, let's go home first and get you a change of clothes," Mrs. Devon said. "And don't worry, some of our men will stay outside her room to guard over her. I gave them strict orders that Alexis is not to be left alone at all times."

"Thank you, Tita," Wolf said, appreciating his stepmom's efforts for the first time.

Chandria hugged Wolf again then Mrs. Devon, whispering her thanks to John's mother. When they reached the parking lot, they went their separate ways and Wolf and Mrs. Devon went home first.

On the other hand, when Elizabeth got in Alvin's car, she just realized she left her phone in it. It had several missed calls from Marco. Just as she was about to return the call, her phone rang again.

"Hello?" Elizabeth said, picking up the call.

"Liz!" Marco said. "Where are you? Are you alright? I've been calling you for hours!"

"Marco, I'm fine," Elizabeth said.

"Where are you? Why haven't you been picking up my calls? I'm in your house right now."

"I'm fine... I'm in the hospital because Lex got stabbed," Elizabeth explained.

"What?! How is she?"

"She's fine. They were able repair her injuries. The doctor said we can see her tomorrow."

"Which hospital is it? I'll pick you up."

"It's okay, Marco, I'm on my way home."

"Good, then I'll wait for you. Take care on your way home."

"Wait," Elizabeth said but Marco already hung up the call. She sighed.

"Are you okay?" Alvin asked, glancing at her.

"Yes," Elizabeth said. She paused.

"Marco's waiting for me at home," she continued. There was silence for a while.

"Are you... happy with him, Liz?" Alvin asked.

"I... I feel safe when I'm with him," Elizabeth whispered.

Alvin nodded then awkward silence enveloped the two of them again.

When they neared her house, Elizabeth said, "Just drop me off outside the gate."

"Why?" Alvin asked.

"'Cause Marco's probably waiting by the front door and I'm pretty sure you'll be after each other's throats again if you see each other," Elizabeth explained.

"I won't argue with him."

"Just please, Alvin. I don't want to referee between you two anymore."

"Okay," Alvin said as he slowed down in front of Elizabeth's gate. "I'll wait until you get inside."

"Thanks for the ride. And for... comforting me..."

"You're welcome," Alvin said, smiling. "Good night, Liz."

Elizabeth got out of the car and while Alvin watched as she walked up her gate. But from his rear view mirror, Alvin noticed someone getting out from the car on the other side of the sidewalk and then suddenly rush forward towards Elizabeth. It was a bit dark on that park of the sidewalk and the person was wearing a huge hoodie so Alvin couldn't see who it was. Without thinking about it, Alvin went down his car to stop whoever it was.

"Hey!" Alvin called out. Elizabeth turned her head to look. The person rushed forward still but when Alvin suddenly got in the way, they both fell over.

"Alvin!" Elizabeth shouted. She rushed over to where Alvin was.

"Are you okay?" she asked him.

"Hope?" Alvin said in disbelief. Hope's hoodie fell back so her face was exposed. Alvin immediately stood up and shielded Elizabeth behind him.

"Liz..." Hope said, still sitting on the street.

"Liz, go, go inside," Alvin said.

"No! I'm not leaving you alone with this lunatic!" Elizabeth said just as Hope was getting up.

"Now, Liz!" Alvin said. He didn't care right now whether Elizabeth was still angry or might get angrier at him. His main priority now was her safety. Alvin looked at her like he really meant business so Elizabeth consented and she ran back her gate where a guard was opening it. She hurried inside and ordering the guard to help Alvin while she rummaged through her bag to find her phone and call the police.

"Liz? What's happening?" Marco asked. Just as what she had predicted, he had been waiting for her outside her front door and he saw her come in, very much distressed, so he rushed over.

"Marco!" Elizabeth hysterically said. "Help me! Alvin's outside and Hope! Hope's here! Help him!"

"What? Are you okay? Did she hurt you?"

"I'm okay, please, Marco, just help Alvin!" Elizabeth pleaded.

Elizabeth saw pain flashed in Marco's eyes for a moment but Marco just nodded and said, "Stay here."

Marco went out and Elizabeth stayed inside but she could hear Hope shouting at the three men who were trying to keep her from entering the Natividad home.

"Liz! I need to talk to you! Please!" Hope screamed.

Elizabeth was shaking again but she couldn't stand it, she couldn't stand knowing something bad might happen to... she shook her head, her hands almost turning white as she balled her fists to hide her fear. She stepped outside once again.

"Liz!" Hope said when she saw her.

"Go inside, Liz!" Marco said.

"Liz, stay inside, please!" Alvin said, equally frustrated as Marco.

"What do you want?" Elizabeth said. Hope tried to walk nearer Elizabeth but the two boys immediately blocked her.

"Not another step, dumb chick," Marco threatened.

"Leave. Now," Alvin said. "Before I call the police and have you arrested for harassment."

Hope was surprised. Alvin hadn't been like this to her before. Even when he was subduing her when she almost hurt Elizabeth, Alvin was still able to sympathize and pity her enough to show her kindness. But even that was gone now. Even Marco was a little surprised.

"I... I just want to talk to her... please... Liz..." Hope stammered.

"What more could you possibly want to talk about, Hope?" Elizabeth said. "Haven't you already had enough?!"

"Liz..." Hope started to say.

"Stop calling me Liz," Elizabeth cut in. "I told you. We're not friends. Not anymore and not ever again."

"I'm only saying this one more time," Alvin said. "Leave."

Hope looked at Alvin's angry face at her. Then at Elizabeth. She stepped back then she turned and started running back to her car. The moment she got in her car, Alvin turned around and went to Elizabeth, suddenly carrying her then taking her inside her house.

"I told you to stay inside!" Alvin said, scolding her as he put her down as soon as they were a few steps inside the gate.

"I... sorry..." Elizabeth said, surprised that Alvin was even scolding her.

Alvin hugged her, "Thank God you're safe. Don't ever do that again!"

It had been a long time since they had contact like this. It had been a long time since they both felt this overwhelming overprotectiveness for each other. It had been a long time since Elizabeth felt safe in his arms again. It had been a long time. A very long time, it seemed, since they both mutually felt and remembered that, once upon a time, they did really love each other.

Elizabeth, without thinking about it, wrapped her arms around Alvin too. They both didn't notice Marco coming in.

Marco cleared her throat, cutting in between them. Elizabeth realized what she was doing and removed her hands around Alvin. Alvin did too.

"Hope's gone," Marco said.

Elizabeth nodded, a bit embarrassed, and then hurriedly said, "I'm going inside. Bye, thanks."

The two boys watched as Elizabeth walked away. When she was safe inside her house, Alvin turned around. But instead of leaving, he squatted down and started picking up Elizabeth's bag and her stuff she dropped in her hurry.

"Leave it, I'll get them," Marco said. "You should leave too."

Alvin looked at him and just nodded. He didn't want to ruin his mood – not after Elizabeth finally showed him some feelings other than anger or indifference. He stood up and handed him her bag. And although something bad almost happened, Alvin had a silly grin on his face as he exited the Natividad's house.

At the same time, John had just stopped in front of Chandria's house. It was an awfully awkward car ride as, now without worrying too much about Alexis' condition, Chandria was trying to lighten John's mood. But John was being hard to get as he tried his best to remain poker-faced.

"Do you... want to have a cup of coffee inside?" Chandria asked.

"No, thanks," John declined.

"Please? You said you were tired, right so at least have some coffee first."

"It's really alright."

"Come on, John, I though you said we could be friends?"

"And you also said we can't."

"Yeah, well, just for this night we'll be friends," Chandria insisted. "Come on, please?"

"Okay, okay, one cup," John said. They both got down from the car and Chandria ushered him in the dining room.

"Wait here," Chandria said. "Uhm... I'll just... make some coffee and change."

"Sure," John sat down. John waited. Five minutes passed. Then ten. When 15 minutes passed, he was about to go to the kitchen to maybe see if Chandria needed some help but instead he got surprised.

"Shit!" John cursed when he turned around because he was surprised to see a huge fish standing behind him.

Or rather, it was a person inside a fish mascot costume. John stared at it for a few seconds before he found his voice back.

"Chandria?" he asked, confused.

The fish nodded.

"What the... why are you dressed like that?" John asked. It was only then that he noticed that she was holding a signage that said, "Sorry".

John burst into laughter. He was laughing too much that he was holding his stomach. Chandria removed the head of her mascot costume. She was smiling as she watched him laugh.

"What?" John asked when he finally calmed down.

Chandria shrugged, still smiling. She was happy she was finally able to make him laugh and the tension finally broke.

"Oh, shit, I can't believe you're wearing that," John said, still smirking.

"So am I really forgiven now?" Chandria asked.

"What? I already told you I forgive you."

"You said you did. But it felt like you still didn't."

"So you're trying to recreate when I did the same because you told me I had to become a fish so you'd forgive me?"

"Well... I figured it worked when you did it. Maybe it would for me."

"How long have you had that costume?"

"A couple of days? I couldn't find the right timing though."

"And now's the right timing?"

"It isn't?" Chandria asked back.

"Maybe," John said, smirking. "I better go."

"Wait, what about the cup of coffee?"

"It's okay, what you did just woke me up anyway," John said.

"But –" Chandria was about to protest.

"And really, I forgive you. I told you before, I understood why you chose him. I knew why you needed to do that. And I forgive you."

"I feel like there's a but in there somewhere."

John grinned then shrugged, "Maybe."

"Being Mr. Mysterious doesn't suit you, John."

"You'll figure it out," John said. They started walking out, Chandria accompanying him.

"Bye, and thanks, Chandria," John said, giving her a one-arm hug.

John got in his car but he noticed something was different. When he looked down, he saw a reusable cup filled with hot coffee sitting in the cup holder. He looked out the window and saw Chandria smiling back at him.

He rolled down his window and said, "How did you..."

"I figured it out," Chandria said. "And I'll figure out that other thing too. Don't forget to text me once you get home, okay?"

John smiled. He couldn't believe it. He had to ask her some other time how she figured it out. And how she even got it inside his car when he was sure he locked it. But for now, John gave a kind of salute goodbye to her, then drove away with a smile.

The next morning, Wolf woke up early, if he slept at all. He and his stepmom arrived home in the wee hours of the morning after Wolf gave his testament to the police. He only caught a glimpse so Alexis was the one who had to ultimately ID him. However, the police did find out one thing: he was a relative of one of Paul's cellmates so they had a theory on the possible motive.

He was out the door just as the sun was rising and he headed straight to the hospital. He wanted to be with Alexis more than ever now. He almost lost her – twice! He wasn't about to let a third time happen.

When he arrived in the hospital, he headed straight to where Alexis was. There really were several bodyguards stationed in front of her room but they just nodded when they saw Wolf.

She was still asleep when he arrived, attached to an IV and several other machines with a canula on her nose. But the doctor said she would wake up in a few hours after the medicine wore off. Wolf waited, pulling in the one chair in the room closer and holding her hand.

He started praying again, then he tried talking to her, then he sang softly to her. He was singing to her when he felt her hand move, then her eyes – she was starting to open her eyes. Wolf stopped singing.

When Alexis fully opened her eyes, her eyes immediately locked on Wolf's.

"Wolf," she weakly said.

Wolf smiled. Since he saw her bloodied and almost dying he hadn't smiled. Not once. But now that she was awake and weakly smiling at him, Wolf finally smiled as relief and overflowing joy filled his heart and eyes.

|| MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE! Aaaaand, of course I said I'll finish BA this December but December only has five days in it so... maybe it'll stretch on until the early part of January. Haha! Anyway, as always, thank you very much and I hope you keep supporting me until the end because really, you guys are the loveliest gifts anyone could ask for. Love you all! || XoXo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.9K 188 27
Elena always found her childhood best friend attractive but she didn't know she had feelings for him till he started dating her best friend so she ha...
27.7K 574 13
"So I'm Amelia Gilbert. Yep, Elena's twin sister... We may look alike but we're very different. How? Well, I more weird, tough and smarter. We used t...
22.1K 452 23
good luck she's the definition of chaos literally L.M Your lucky the two idiots was there or heads would have rolled R.M She's a little to smart for...
72.8K 1.3K 45
Destiny Palmer...she seems like your normal teenage girl, but she's far from that. Now that's because she gets bullied, by some of the Magcon boys. A...