The Act. (ON HOLD. Sorry. D:)

By StupidityLeak13

Dustin Wells has always wanted to be a rock star. But with his four sister's, parents, and high school, He al... More

Prologue.
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.

Chapter 6.

114 3 3
By StupidityLeak13

Wow! So I havn't uploaded in like FOUR weeks. I'm so sorry! I've been going places and school started...its hard to manage a book with all this crap (Aka, homework.) Anyyyyywhoo...this will PROBABLY be a short chapter.. I don't have much time..soo I hope all of you are still reading this book.... DONT HATE ME! D:

~~~~~~~

When I woke up that morning I had a weird feeling. I don't know what put that feeling there, but I don't think I should worry about it. I got ready but remembered something. The house was empty. Well besides Macy, who was sound asleep.

I guess I better try and call again..

I called Dad first, Who didn't answer.

Then I tried Mom.

"Dustin!" Someone practically screamed into the phone.

"Lizzy?" I said confused. Why did she answer Mom's phone?

"Yeah it's Lizzy. Where are you?!" I was startled for a second. Okay she's the one who's been gone since yesterday and she's asking ME where I am?!

"What!? I'm at home! Where are you?!" I asked getting frustrated.

I heard a sigh and heard Lizzy whisper to someone I had to listen closely to hear what she said.

"I don't think he got the call.." She said worried.

"What? What call? seriously Lizzy if this is a joke it's soo not funny! I waited for you guys forever and-" I stopped when I heard another sigh, I was about to continue my lecture when what she said next shut me up.

"Wh-what? He's He's.. " I trailed off. 

"Yes, Dustin. Dad's ... Dead. Were at the hospital right now.. didn't you get the call..? He had got into a car accident. He had dropped us off at the movies after the mall and he was going to go get some dinner when he got into the crash." 

I dropped my phone in shock. No. This can't be.

I ran out to my car ready to leave when I remembered Macy was still in the house.

I jumped out, dashed up to our room and grabbed her in my arms.

She jumped up, startled by how fast I jerked around.

"Wha?- what are you doing Dustin.?" She said rubbing her eyes.

"Shhh. Were ging to the hospital." I said soothing her.

I got out to the car and buckled her in her car seat.

I got in and slammed the door.

"Why are we going to the hospital?" She said yawning.

"Your to young, you wouldn't understand." I said getting onto the main road.

Before she could reply her eyes fell heavy and shut.

**

I ran into the waiting room with Macy, no sign of my family anywhere.

"Hey Miss.?" I said to the lady at the counter.

"Hmm.?" She said not looking up from the computer.

Clickity clack - Clickity clack.

Ugh that's so annoying.

"I'm here to see a Mr. Wells." I said trying to sound like an adult.

"How old are you?" She asked.

"Sixteen. Why?" I asked, confused.

"Well, you have to have a parent with you to see a patient."

"My mom and sisters are already in the room with my father." I said patting the desk, impatiently.

"Fine he's in room...407." She muttered not really caring.

I looked at a map of the hospital and it said room 407 is on the second floor.

"Come on." I said pulling Macy at my side.

We entered the elevator, I always hated these things. From the stupid music to the creack of it moving.

The doors opened to the second room and I jogged to the room  where my family would be.

I stood in the doorway. I didn't want to believe it. He couldn't be dead. He's the only person in my family I could really connect with. 

I saw mom sobbing and my sisters stunned.

Lizzy was trying to comfort her.

I went over and knelt by my fathers side. I held his hand and said a little prayer.

"Dad." I said.

"Yes Son?" He asked patting my head.

"I wanna be just like you when I grow up!" I said with a grin.

"Oh really?" He had asked with a smile.

"Yeah.- Ooh Dad I think I got one!" I said trying to reel in a catfish.

"Here." He said coming up behind to help me reel it in.

It flopped onto shore and it was huge!

"Wooow!" I said amazed.

"That's a big one! " He shouted. 

"Yup! So are we gonna have it for dinner?" I had asked excitedly.

"No Son. We have to put it back." He said sternly.

"But why?" I asked, pouting.

"Because, i'm sure this fish has a family of his own to get back to and bring dinner. So we have to be nice and let him get back to his family. Also so his wife doesn't yell at him. So hurry! We gotta put it back so he doesn't die!" He said.

We picked up the fish together and tossed him in. 

"I love you, Dustin. " He said pulling my up onto his shoulders.

"I love you too, Dad." 

"Oh and I want to give you something." He said giving me his lucky fishing hat that has a father and son together on it catching a fish.

"Really? Your giving this to me? Thanks I love it!" I had said.

"You'll always be my lil' Buckaroo." He said.

"Dustin!" Lizzy said snapping her fingers in my face.

I got teary eye'd from remembering that flash back. It was when I was Seven. Me and dad had always went fishing at Lake Thortan. Our special spot was by the big oak tree. I'll always wear that hat from now on. Even in classes I don't care if I get in trouble for wearing it. They can just suck it.

"Come on we have to go home.." Mom said sniffling.

"What about dad?" I said looking his way. Trying to hold back tears.

"We decided he should be cremated and we would bury his ashes in the dirt by the big oak tree at the lake."

"Okay.." I huffed and we went home.

** (Sunday Afternoon.)

DUSTIN KYLE WELLS. Come here RIGHT this instant!" My mom screamed from her bedroom.

What could she want? 

I trudged into her room to find a very angry looking mom.

"Uhh.. Yes?" I asked.

"I just got a call from the Hospital they said they found a message on his phone.. And-"

" His phone survived the crash?!" I asked kinda surprised. I got a little pain in my chest when mentioning the crash.

"Yes. And Dustin. Do you know how your dad got in the crash?"

"No.." I said not sure where this was going.

"Well, the reason he got in the crash was because of your text." She said sounding dissapointed in me.

I stood there. Unable to move. 

"It-it was my fault?" I said my vision getting blurred. 

I dashed out of the room. I grabbed my jacket and opened the front door, only to find out it was pouring. I had to get away from all of this. The drama with Skylar and Adam, and Dad's death. The sky was a gloomy-dull looking orange. It was only around five but with the sky looking like that and all the clouds and lightning it made it seem around Eleven. I didn't care at this point though. I ran to the place where I knew I coud get comfort.

The park. It was only a couple of blocks away and I always go there and sit in the swirly slide.

"Shit.." I said to myself when I remembered I had left my car in the parking lot of the Hospital when left with Mom. I'll get it tomorrow I guess...

I ran up the steps of the playground and slid to the middle of the slide.

"Ow what the? Who the hell!- .. Dustin?" Someone said as I slid into them.

"Skylar?" I asked stunned.

"No the candy cane robber. Yes it's me stupid!" She said with a sarcastic tone.

"O-ok sorry." I said leaning my back against the slide.

Then a light appeared. I think it was Skylars phone, but I wasn't sure.

"What the heck are you doing here any- wait, are you crying?" She asked squinting her eyes at me.

"Pfft. No it's just r-rain." I said sniffing a little. "Yeah I think I have a cold or something. I'm just gonna leave so you won't get sick." I said scooting up the slide.

"Wait." She said and grabbed my wrist. 

"Fine, I was crying." I confessed.

"Why?" She asked concerned.

I was about to spill, when a huskey voice yelled,

"Get out of the slide. NOW!"

I looked at Skylar, Curious.

We scooted to the bottom and jumped out. I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around.

To where I was facing to masked men with crowbars.

"Who are they?" Whispered Skylar.

"I don't know.. Maybe they're candy cane robbers.." I said smirking.

She just rolled her eyes and asked,

"What do you want?" 

The two men looked at eachother and laughed for a moment but stopped. And their tones turned serious.

"You." They said in sync. 

And leaped towards Skylar.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

348 27 25
Senior year of high school is all about living it up and making the most of your final year before stepping into the real world. For Roxie Smith, she...
3.9M 115K 59
* * * Lauren Collins is a good girl. She's responsible and shy but has a tight knit group of friends, excellent grades, and is dating Thomas Clark, a...
741 50 24
Jade Ryder had the dreams of every teenager--to live a normal, average life. However, what began as a normal day quickly took an unexpected spiral wh...
301K 11.2K 40
Meet Melody Alonzo. She's fifteen years old, she's in the tenth grade, goes to Red Valley High School, and lives in Colorado with her mom, dad, annoy...