Heartfelt (Bunnymund x Reader)

By loverelentlessly

hope. (n.) a person or thing that may help or save someone. It takes a special Bunny to bring that kind of l... More

Chapter 1 - Announcements
Chapter 2 - Acquaintances
Chapter 3 - Dances
Chapter 4 - Flights
Chapter 5 - Homes
Chapter 6 - Dreams
Chapter 7 - Marches
Chapter 8 - Changes
Chapter 9 - Nightmares
Chapter 10 - Paints
Chapter 11 - Immortals
Chapter 12 - Stories
Chapter 13 - Encounters
Chapter 14 - Discoveries
Chapter 15 - Secrets
Chapter 16 - Evenings
Chapter 18 - Looks
Chapter 19 - Gifts
Chapter 20 - Trials
Chapter 21 - Returns
Chapter 22 - Revelations
Chapter 23 - Memories
Chapter 24 - Families (Easter Special)
Chapter 25 - Endings
Epilogue
Sequel!

Chapter 17 - Captives

7.3K 233 207
By loverelentlessly

I am putting too much time into this story and not enough into my other stories... Sorry if you're waiting for updates from them! Anyway, I hope you guys like this chapter, and everything that comes afterwards!

You woke up in darkness. Small slivers of light filtered down into the cavern; little was visible. Everything that you could see was blurry. You sat up and rubbed your shoulder. You were cold and stiff. Fear ricocheted through your body. It occurred to you that this could be what Manny had been talking about. Maybe if I had told Bunny, he could've saved me. Your hands were shaking. You looked down into the void below and realized that you were hanging from a cage attached to the ceiling. Everything was black. Something shifted next to you. You looked to your right to find a small boy laying in a cage similar to yours.

The boy next to you was coughing. He couldn't have been more than seven. When he looked around, he jumped. Fear seemed to fill him instantly. He banged his hands on the bars and screamed. His cage started swinging wildly in his growing panic.

"Hey! Come on, kiddo, calm down. Panic won't help!"

He looked at you. "Where are we? Why are we here?"

"I don't know. I'm confused, too. What's your name?"

He swallowed. "Johnny. My name is Johnny Bennet."

You wondered if he was related to Jamie. You put your hands against the bars and looked down again. Still, nothing. "Hello?" When silence was your response, you looked at the boy again. "Listen, Johnny. I have friends who are gonna help us, okay? You just have to believe."

He nodded. You smiled, trying to look as comforting as you can, then ran your hands along your body. Where's my bag? It's gone! You moved your clothes around, opening your jacket in search of the satchel that Bunny had given you.

"Is everything okay?" Johnny asked.

"Yes, of course," you replied.

"Looking for something, (Y/N)?"

Pitch.

You looked up. "Give it back, Pitch."

"Well, well, if it isn't (Y/N), finally back from the dead."

"I never died," you coughed out. I must look as weak as I feel. "Give my bag back."

He appeared right in front of you, and you fell backwards. "Why?"

"Because it's mine. You have no right to take it!"

"I'm the Guardian of Nightmares. I do have the right."

"You're no Guardian. You'll never be a Guardian."

He smirked at you, then flew back into the darkness. You looked around wildly. Pitch was nowhere to be seen, but you could feel his presence. "Get back here, Pitch. Let Johnny go."

"Oh, I see. You think you're a Guardian, don't you, (Y/N)?"

Rage filled you. He was the reason that you hadn't slept for days for all that time. He was the reason that Bunny had been so reluctant to talk to you about his past life. He was why you had suffered through what you had.

You jumped to your feet. "Let him go! You don't have reason to do this!"

He formulated in your cage. It expanded as he appeared. "I want power again."

You stayed away from him. "It's never worked, Pitch. It never will work!"

"It worked in the Dark Ages! It would've worked last time, if it wasn't for Jack Frost.

"It was the work of all of the Guardians that stopped you."

Pitch smirked. "I have an accomplice this time."

"Who would want to work with you, Pitch Black?"

He was next to your face in an instant. "Ask her."

A girl was pulled from the shadows, bound in ropes of shadows. Her mouth was covered. She was beat-up and bruised. Her hair was tangled and her clothes were tattered. But you knew who she was. It was Cupid.

"Cupid! Are you okay?"

She nodded weakly. When you looked back, Pitch was gone. You spun around. The cage shrunk again, and you fell to your knees. You wrapped your fingers around the bars, searching the darkness. "Pitch, please. Let Johnny and Cupid go. I'll take her place."

He laughed, though you couldn't see him. "And how could I use you?"

"Once... Once I die... I'll become a Guardian. You can use my powers."

"And what powers might those be?" Pitch asked, seeming curious.

"I don't know yet. But if Manny chose me, I have something, right?"

This seemed ridiculous. What if Manny was wrong and he didn't really need you? What if the Guardians were wrong and he needed someone else? After all, what could you do?

He seemed genuinely interested. "How do I know you'll follow through?"

"I care about Cupid and Johnny. I'd rather see me hurt than them."

Cupid tore herself free from the mouth covering. "No, (Y/N), you don't have to. You have a life, a future. The kids need you. Pitch, just let them go. I'll cooperate better now, I promise. Please, don't hurt either of them."

Pitch appeared. "Hmm... Two offers, both equally powerful. Which to choose?"

"You can't choose either."

Light beams erupted from down below. An explosion of brightly-colored sand interrupted the conversation. Pitch fell to the floor, but he wasn't hurt. He picked himself up slowly, massaging his jaw. Jack's snow dashed towards the cages. He jumped into the air and landed on your cage. "You okay, (Y/N)?"

"Of course. Is Bunny here?"

Jack smiled. "Obviously."

He started to unlock the door, but a shadow crashed into him. Jack hit his head on the metal bars and started falling, but caught himself mid-air. He flung ice in the direction of Pitch, then few back towards where he had originally come from. Light flooded into the room once more, and you saw Bunny.

"Bunny! Help Johnny!" You motioned to the boy.

"Aye, little mate. Hang in there. We'll get you both."

Bunny started throwing eggs at Pitch, and Jack began an attack with ice. These assaults were going just fine at fist, though all you could do was look on, and it was killing you. But before you could process it, Pitch reached a shadow down and wrapped it around Bunny. He pulled him into the air and spawned his scythe at the same time. Bunny squirmed. Jack was held off by other shadows. Tooth was frozen hovering next to Cupid, stuck in darkness.

"You'll both suffer through this, (Y/N)." Pitch glared at you. "You bring your Guardian friends here... You'll pay the price. You ruined my plan!"

Pitch threw Bunny at the wall, and he collapsed. He was flung to the ground. Blood was trickling from his ears and mouth. You gasped as shadows covered him.

"Pitch, stop! Why are you hurting them? It's me you want!"

"You'll never bring harmony to this fight, (Y/N). This is war."

He flung open the cage through some kind of telepathic system, then wrapped shadows around you and pulled you towards him. You struggled, but it was half-hearted. If you died now, maybe this battle would stop. You thought back to what you had told Bunny just before you left. It seemed much more appropriate now. You were glad you'd said it.

A shard of ice was shot towards Pitch, but he grabbed it from the air before it reached him. It slowly turned black, and the end tapered out to a sharp point. Pitch shot black sand down towards Bunny, smothering his weak screams. Pitch grinned and smirked at you.

"Don't do it, Pitch," Bunnymund called from down below.

"Bunnymund, you really are a drama king," he murmured, running a long, grotesque finger along your cheek. You yanked your head away from him, but stayed quiet. He grinned at you. "Your turn, (Y/N)," he said in a sickening sing-song voice.

You tried to pull away from him, but it was no use. The shadows just tightened and tightened. North was yelling down below, but you couldn't make out his words. You started to cry. The last thing you remembered was having the stabbed into your neck. 

Another cliffhanger... ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 279 13
How did it happen? ~He met you by chance one night, and no matter how hard you try, you can't escape him. Even though you say you don't really belie...
50.4K 974 21
Generation after generation, immortal Guardians like Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy protect the world's children from darkness an...
286K 6.4K 25
Ever wonder, who was the first spirit made by The Man in the Moon? Ever wonder, who he or she was? Ever wonder, what happened to him or her? Then thi...
54.5K 1.5K 20
You live a life of solitude and theft, but you can't complain it's the only life you know. One night, you're taken by five strangers who call themsel...