The Only One ( Teen Wolf )

Por CuteHelloGoodbye

THIS IS THE SECOND BOOK TO MY OTHER STORY "The Other Girl!" So please if you haven't read The Other Girl, ple... Más

The Only One
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
One-Shot: Christmas
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 16

35.3K 850 219
Por CuteHelloGoodbye

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not own the characters of TV show teen wolf such as Scott, Derek, Allison, Stiles, and so on. I do not own the show teen wolf. I do not own the ideas of the TV show Teen Wolf. (Though I wish I could be such an amazing writer as the writer of Teen Wolf!!!) I do own my characters such as Emily and her friend Stephanie, and Sean because I created them. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  --Derek’s POV:

The monster turned and looked down at me. I let out a low growl but it was cut off as its clawed hands wrapped around my neck. It lifted me up in the air only to throw me across the room into the hard stonewall. I slid down the wall until I was sitting on the dirt floor. My vision was completely blurred but I knew I had to get up. Emily was the only one left awake now and I was the only one who could save her.

A loud crash came from the opposite of the room where Emily was and then the room grew deadly silent. I shook my head in a panic to get my vision back and within a few moments it slowly began to return.

“Emily!” I yelled but there was no answer.

I shook my head again, trying to muster any strength I had left to get up and protect Emily.

“Emily!” I yelled again.

 I was met by nothing but silence.

She was gone.

Chapter 16:

--Emily's POV:

All I could remember was that monster throwing Derek across the room and that sinking feeling in my stomach when Derek didn't get up right away. The monster had then turned to me, its tail wrapping around my neck and body. With a sharp pain, everything had gone black.

It felt like my entire body was numb now. I couldn't move or talk. The aching in my shoulder and chest was increasing every second and I could hear my heart beat pounding in my ears. That was the only sound I could hear and it gave me little comfort.

I was finally coming back to my senses but I had no idea where I was. I couldn't even open my eyes. All I knew was that I was lying down on my stomach.

A small, muffled cry escaped my lips as the pain increased on my shoulder, back, and chest. I silently willed my self to get up but my limbs would barely move. My hands balled into fists and my knuckles began turning white.

In an instant, the pain increased tenfold. A piercing scream came from my lungs as I felt all feeling come back to my body from the pain. My eyes shot open and I immediately pushed myself up until I was on my hands and knees, gasping for air and staring at the ground. The pain only got worse from my sudden movements and tears began forming in my eyes. My breathing was ragged and heavy as I stared down at my balled up hands. That's when I noticed the dead leaves and dirt underneath me. My arms and hands were filthy and covered in dirt. One of my hands was clutching onto a lifeless leaf and was crumpling into pieces before my eyes.

I slowly sat up until I was sitting on my knees. My hand went to my shoulder and I tried to take deep breaths to hopefully ease the pain. It only helped slightly as I looked around.

Huge trees surrounded me, making me feel small and alone. It was obvious that I was in the forest but I didn't recognize anything around me. I must be deep into the forest. I swallowed hard, realizing that I was nowhere near Derek's old home or anyone at all.

The frigid air circled around me, making my skin feel numb. I was only in jeans and a long sleeve shirt so it didn't offer much protection from the freezing air.

Taking a deep breath, I tried to push myself off the ground to stand but failed. The pain only grew as I tried to get up. I looked over at the tree that was closest to me and began inching my way towards it.

Painful seconds passed before I reached the massive tree. I reached up and grabbed hold of the harsh textured bark and began pulling myself to my feet. After a few moments I was standing but only with the help of the tree. I turned until my back was against it and closed my eyes, trying to calm myself so I could figure out what to do.

I mentally slapped myself as I remembered that my phone was in my pocket. I reached for my phone but stopped as I heard leaves rustling to my right. My head snapped towards my right to see what it was but there was nothing. I could feel my entire body go tense as my thoughts immediately went to when Peter was in these woods. His glowing red eyes were nothing like Derek's. Peter's were full of anger and hatred towards the world. I took even deeper breaths trying to calm down but it didn't work much. I slowly moved against the tree to the opposite side of where the noise was coming from.

A few moments of silence passed and I knew I had to contact someone as soon as possible. My shaking hand reached into my pocket and pulled out my phone. Without a second thought, I pulled up Derek's name.

I shook from both the pain and the cold as I raised the phone to my ear. The phone didn't even get a chance to ring all the way before Derek's voice boomed through the phone.

"Emily!" His voice was low and so full of worry.

"I'm ok." I said, my voice sounding weak but soft. I was so relieved when I heard his voice.

I could hear familiar voices in the background that all sounded like they were asking Derek questions.

"Emily, I need you to tell me where you are. Are you hurt?" His voice was so serious but also seemed panicked.

"I think I'm ok." I stuttered. "I'm..."

I stopped as I heard something off in the distance. It sounded like voices.

"Emily?" I heard Derek's voice ask.

I quickly put my phone to my chest, trying to quiet any noise that could come from it. I slowly looked around the tree but quickly moved back as I saw lights shinning in my general direction.

I could hear Derek's muffled voice coming from my phone so I tried to push my phone closer to my body to silence it. I wanted more than anything to answer Derek and tell him where I was, but I knew that if I said anything I would be caught by whoever was out there.

The voices were so close and I could see the lights on the trees in front of me. My back slowly slid down the tree until I was sitting on the ground, trying to make myself as small as possible. The lights kept getting brighter and brighter until I knew that they were only a few feet away. All that separated me from them was the large tree that I was hiding behind. They were all speaking in a normal tone but none of their voices sounded familiar. I felt my entire body go rigid as I saw a man in the corner of my eye step next to the tree I was hiding behind. I slowly looked towards him and saw that he was looking forward.

It was then that I realized who these people were. He was holding a crossbow and was wearing all black. He looked like he was only a few years older than me.

"Where did they last report a sighting?" His low voice echoed in my ears, making me jump.

All this man had to do was look to his right and look down and that would be the end of it. I couldn't possibly make up an explanation of why I was in the woods on the full moon with a sheering pain coming from a bite mark on my shoulder and claw marks on my chest and back. They wouldn't think twice about sending an arrow through me.

They were hunters.

"Gerard said there was a wire tripped not to far from here. Whatever tripped it can't be far." I heard another voice say from behind the tree.

I felt my heart sink at the name of Allison's grandfather. It was not something I wanted to hear right now.

"Get moving then." The man next to me said. He was obviously the person in charge of the group.

I heard the group behind me start to move around. I stayed still as the group jogged past the man next to me. They ran right past me but I was still unnoticed. It might have to do with the fact that I was covered in dirt so I kind of blended in with the tree and the ground around me.

I clutched my phone as I slowly looked towards the man that still stood next to me. I wished that he would soon follow the men but he just stood there. I watched as he drew a short arrow out and placed it on his crossbow. My breaths were shallow as the pain in my chest became worse. I carefully looked up at the full moon and felt sickened as I realized it wasn't even at its peek yet. The pain would only get worse and when it did, I could only hope he wasn't around.

My body was like a statue as the man reached into his jackets pocket and pulled out a phone. I watched as he dialed a number and then put the phone to his ear.

"There is no sign of her yet." He mumbled into the phone and paused as whoever he was talking to replied, "No sir. I will keep you informed."

With that, he closed his phone and began walking forwards, towards where the group of hunters had gone. His heavy boots crushed the leaves underneath him, making me cringe with every step. Out of all the hunters I had seen or heard about, he had to be one of the most frightening.

I took deep breaths as I waited until I was sure he was gone. When I had no doubt in my mind that I was safe, I began to stand up. I used the tree once again to pull my aching body up until I was standing. I looked around once more just to be sure they were gone.

I quickly raised the phone to my ear.

"Derek?" I said, wanting to cry but pushing the tears back.

I barely heard my full name coming from Derek's voice before a blinding light came from right in front of me. I immediately raised my free hand to block the light.

In less than a second I felt it. An excruciating pain coming from my hand that was trying to block the light.

My hand was thrown back violently and pinned against the tree. A scream of absolute pain passed through my lips. I dropped the phone and looked up at my hand. I felt sick to my stomach as I saw an arrow going straight through the middle of my hand and into the tree behind me. I tried to move but the pain of the arrow in my flesh forbid me too. It was pinning me to the tree with no escape. I reached for the arrow with my free hand but as soon as I did, pain shot through my hand and down my arm just from the slightest movements.

I could barely hear Derek yelling my name from my phone. I looked down at my phone but stopped as a huge boot stepped over it, crushing it with ease.

Tears of pain streamed down my cheeks as my eyes trailed up from the figures boots until I was looking straight into their eyes. It was the same man who was standing next to me earlier. His face was like stone and his dark brown eyes were cold.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." He said, his voice was deadly serious.

He was watching my free hand that was still lightly wrapped around the arrow that was piercing my flesh.

I quickly moved my hand away as he raised the crossbow up towards me.

"Good." He replied. "What brings you out here on this night of the full moon?"

I opened my mouth to speak but nothing would come from my lips. He was just playing games with me. He very well knew why anyone would be out right now.

I barely had time to react as he pulled the trigger on the crossbow. I cowered as the arrow landed inches away from my head.

"Who are you?" I mumbled, my voice not able to function quite right.

"I ask the questions." He growled. "Why are you in the woods this late at night?"

I was quiet for a few seconds.

"I was jogging." I shook as I lied. Tears still flowing down my cheeks knowing that I could very well be breathing my last few breaths. "Please don't do this."

I had to put on an act. I had to pretend like I had no idea what was going on and that I was an everyday human who was just going for a nighttime jog.

"You're lying." He replied as his finger pulled the trigger.

This time, the arrow grazed my right side near my ribs and stuck into the tree behind me. I cried out and my free hand quickly went to the new wound. My fingers wrapped around the throbbing, bleeding skin and I felt like I was going to pass out. After a few painful seconds I realized something. Derek had said I was showing signs of a shift yet my side wasn't healing like it should if I was turning.

The hunter immediately noticed this. He cocked his head to the side and his eyes formed into narrow slits as if he was confused. I knew he was questioning himself as to why I wasn't healing like a werewolf would. I had him exactly where I wanted him.

"What's your name?"

"Why are you doing this to me?" I cried, trying to put on an act like I didn't know what was going on except the tears were very much real.

It seemed as if my tactic was working because he took a step towards me and lowered his crossbow.

"Tell me your name and why you are out here." He said quieter.

"I was just out here running. I heard a group of people coming my way so I hid. Please let me go." I stared into his dark eyes hoping that there was just a sliver of sympathy in them. I avoided tell him my name even though I could easily lie and tell him a different name.

The hunter didn't say anything before he reached past my head and pulled the arrow from the tree that was next to my head. He then pulled the arrow out of the tree that was next to my ribs. I watched him carefully as he looked back at me and straight into my eyes. Without a single word, he ripped the arrow out of my hand, freeing me from the tree. I opened my mouth to scream from the pain of the arrow exiting my flesh but his large hand appeared over my mouth, muffling my voice.

"I apologize for this. It appears you were just at the wrong place at the wrong time." He said.

I felt my heart begin to flutter. He had actually believed my lie. But that happiness quickly vanished as anger flooded my veins. What if I actually was a normal human being who didn't know about werewolves? He had just shot me with a freaking arrow! Is this really how a hunter would treat a human that they suspected to be a werewolf? Shoot first and ask questions later? I was infuriated. It wasn't right.

"Why did you do this?" I found myself asking, anger and pain dripping from my voice as I cradled my bloodied hand.

He glanced at me but said nothing, which only added to my anger. He reached for his phone and I began to worry. Who was he going to call?

"I'm going to call you an ambulance." He said before he snatched my wounded hand into his hand.

I whimpered from the pressure on the wound but anger was taking over, making me forget about the pain.

"It looks like it didn't puncture anything vital. When I call the ambulance you are to tell them you were out jogging when you tripped and fell on a small metal beam." He leaned closer to me and he tightened his grip on my hand, "If you say anything about what really happened tonight, this won't be the last time I see you."

I wanted to slap the bastard but stopped myself. What right does he have shooting me then threatening me? I took a deep breath and nodded my head, my body still shaking. I had to play along. If I didn't, I would be dead.

He released my hand and stepped back while looking down at his phone.

I stepped away from him until my back hit the tree. The thought of trying to run away ran through my mind but I knew it wouldn't work. He had a crossbow.

It was then that I was reminded of the pain in my shoulder as it suddenly began throbbing again. I took in a sharp breath but quickly shut up as the hunter turned towards me. I looked at the ground in front of me hoping that he wouldn't say anything about it. My teeth clinched together as the pain grew. I glanced up at the full moon and saw that it was almost in the middle of the sky. I needed to either get away from this hunter of he needed to leave right now. Sean and Derek had said that as soon as the full moon hits the middle of the night sky at its peak, that's when the shift will really happen. Judging by the pain coming from the bite mark and claw marks on my body, I wasn't going to be a human for much longer. I felt scared but I needed to be strong. Something was obviously wrong though. I wasn’t healing like I should if I was a werewolf. I needed to get away from this hunter as soon as possible. That's when an idea popped into my head.

"You don't need to call an ambulance." I said slowly.

The hunter raised an eyebrow.

"My mom, she is a nurse." I said.

He looked at me for a second before he put his phone down.

"And you will tell her the same story you were supposed to tell the paramedics." He demanded.

I took a deep breath before I nodded my head.

"Please, just let me go." I said, my voice shaking.

"You really want to walk home after what just happened?" He replied.

I nodded my head.

"Then get out of here." He growled, his voice sounding deadly, "Now."

I knew he was just trying to scare me so I wouldn't go to the police but I didn't care at this point. I quickly turned and tried to walk away but stopped when I heard his phone ring once.

"Wait a second." He said after a short pause.

My entire body froze in place and I began to worry.

"One more thing." I heard him say. "Turn around."

I felt myself obeying his command as I turned on my heel. I was confused as he held up his phone as if he was taking a picture of me. It was beyond creepy but I soon realized he wasn't taking a picture. He was looking back and forth between his phone screen and me.

"I don't like when I'm lied to sweetheart." He said with an evil smirk.

My eyes grew wide as he turned the phone towards me, revealing a picture of me walking out of school earlier completely oblivious that someone was taking a picture of me.

This was it. I needed to get out of here now. I turned on my heel once again and bolted away. I ran as fast as I can but the pain on became worse from my movements.

Who in the hell had taken a picture of me at school today? Was I the hunter’s main target tonight? The only way they could of known that I could become a werewolf tonight was if Mr. Argent had told them. I felt hurt and betrayed but in the end he had warned me about this, I was just too naive to listen.

I ducked down as an arrow flew past me, barely missing my body. What was I thinking? There was no way I could outrun a hunter with a crossbow. As I ran at breakneck speed I noticed a river next to me. I turned my head around as I ran to see if the hunter was following me but there was no sign of him. Without thinking, I quickly veered right and jumped down next to the river. There were tree roots that bordered above the riverbank so there was a small hiding space almost like a cave. I quickly backed up against the riverbank and huddled underneath. I could only hope that the hunter hadn't seen me go down here. If he didn't see me hide then there was no way he would be able to find me down here. I looked up and noticed there were small openings in the roots above me but it still offered me enough coverage.

My breathing was heavy and my heart was racing. I tried to slow both down but it was of no use. I looked down at my bloody hand and took in a sharp breath. It didn't look so good. I could barely move my fingers on that hand as well. I then looked down at my side to see what the damage was. The cut was more like a slice across my skin. It was as if it was a huge paper cut. It would definitely require stitches though.

My thoughts were brought back to reality, as I heard footsteps along the riverbank, not to far away from me. I pushed myself further back until it was virtually impossible to move any further. I closed my eyes and took deep, silent breaths.

Without thinking, I started to reassure myself. I could do this. This hunter was obviously one of the best and if he doesn't find me then I beat him at his own game. I just kept telling myself to take deep breaths as the footsteps suddenly vanished.

My eyes opened and I could feel a weak smile forming on my face. I had won.

My smile dropped from my face as I heard a loud crash above me and then fingers digging into my shoulder. I screamed as the fingers gripped Derek’s bite mark, causing me excruciating pain. Within a blink of an eye, I was being dragged out of my hiding place by this hand and thrown to the ground.

I only had mere seconds to glance up at the figure to see that it was still the hunter. He raised his crossbow and I knew this was it. This was seriously how I was going to go.

I closed my eyes and tried to remember everything good that happened in my life.

I waited for an arrow to pierce my body but it never came. Instead, a loud thud came from in front of me followed by what sounded like a snarling animal. My eyes snapped open to see a huge animal on top of the hunter. It was dark but I knew that the animal had to be a dog or maybe even a wolf. Within seconds, there was a second dog on the hunter, snapping at him. I jumped as I felt a new set of hands grab onto me from behind, dragging me up to my feet and pulling me away from the scene in front of me. I could hear the hunter’s cries accompanied by loud barks and snarls as I was taken away.

I stumbled as the stranger hurried us through the forest. It's like my legs weren't working properly anymore. Within seconds, my legs gave in. The pain was just too much for my body to take. My shoulder was throbbing from that hunters disgusting touch.

The stranger next to me quickly stopped me from falling. He held on to me tight but his touch was gentle.

"We need to keep moving." He said, his voice unfamiliar to me.

I nodded my head but my legs didn't agree.

Without warning the stranger picked me up and began carrying me though the woods. It was then that I was able to get a good look at him. He had a kind face and looked to be about my mom's age. I closed my eyes as the pain shot through my body. He must of noticed because he glanced down at me.

"We are almost there. Hold on." He told me. "It is still a good while until the full moon rises to is peak."

I opened my eyes slowly as the words left his mouth. Who was this guy and how did he know about that? He had to of known about everything though. Why else would he be out here in the middle of the night?

It felt like hours before we finally came to a stop.

"Can you stand?" He asked.

"I think so." I replied as he carefully set me down.

The stranger helped me to lean against a cool metal surface, which I soon realized was a car. It was a silver SUV type car that I assumed was his.

The man quickly opened the driver’s side door and leaned in to get something I suppose.

A sudden rush of excitement ran through me as I realized where we were. We were in the parking lot outside of the forest. I looked around frantically but felt saddened when Sean's car was nowhere to be seen.

I jumped as the stranger reappeared in front of me. He took my upper arm into his much larger hand and raised it up carefully. It was the same arm that was wounded. He held on to the back of my arm just above my elbow but stopped and looked up at me as he raised his other hand. His other hand was clutching something but I couldn't quite see what it was.

My eyes widened as I saw his free hand move further towards my restrained arm. He had a syringe.

I quickly yanked my arm out of his grasp and tried to back away from him but it was of no use. My back was already against his car with nowhere for me to run.

"Calm down." He said in a gentle tone. He put his hands up in a submissive manner, "It is just something to ease the pain."

I shook my head, "I don't need it."

I couldn't let a complete stranger inject me with an unknown substance. For all I know, this man could be just as bad as the hunters and it could be wolfsbane in there.

"Ok. Ok." He said while backing away. "I didn't mean to scare you."

"Who are you?" I asked suddenly.

"My name is Dr. Deaton but you can just call me Deaton."

"You're a doctor?" I mumbled. That at least explained the syringe part.

"Not quite," He chuckled as he turned back to the open car door to put the syringe back in a case that was lying on the seat.

"Then what kind of doctor are you?" I asked.

"I'm a veterinarian." He said as he closed the case and put it in the backseat.

I almost wanted to laugh. How ironic was it that he was a veterinarian and knows of werewolves?

"We need to get you out of here." He said as he moved closer to me.

I looked around at the forest surrounding the parking lot and took a deep breath. I didn't know this man but he was also my only chance. I nodded my head and let him help me over to the other side of his vehicle.

Just as Deaton opened the door for me and helped me get inside, I could hear something coming our way. I began to panic, thinking that it was the hunter again but that’s when I noticed Deaton was calm. I looked over to the side where the noise was coming from. Deaton turned away form me and knelt down just as two giant, brown dogs came running out of the forest. They were both German Shepherds. I felt uneasy as they came closer to us. Both of there muzzles were covered in blood; the hunters blood.

I watched as the approached Deaton and sat down in front of him as he praised them for doing a good job. He then stood up and opened the back door and both dogs jumped into the back seat. Deaton then returned by my side and smiled. I returned the smile before glancing back at the beautiful dogs in the back seat.

Deaton closed the door behind me and I leaned back in the cloth seats. I squeezed my eyes shut as pain ran through my body. I reopened my eyes as I heard the drivers door open then shut with Deaton inside.

"Ready?" He asked.

"Yes." I mumbled as I looked up at the full moon through the front windshield window.

My breathing was labored as the cars engine came to life and we began to drive.

"Tell me if you think you are going to shift." I heard Deaton's voice next to me say.

I nodded my head, "How will I know?"

"You will know." He replied without taking his eyes off the dark road in front of us.

I could only wonder how much this man knew about werewolves.

The car ride was silent except for when he asked for directions occasionally. I purposely wasn't giving him directions to my home. It seemed too risky. Instead I gave him directions to Sean's apartment. That's where we all said we were going to after that lizard; monster 'thing' had attacked us. I only hoped that was where some of them were.

If no one were at Sean's apartment I would be in serious trouble. I couldn't do this alone.

It was another risk I had to take.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Enter Dr. Deaton! :D love that character. I know this chapter is super late once again and I am sorry but I barely have any time to write. I am lucky that this chapter even got published today but I am really glad it did! :) Hope you all liked it!

Tell me what you think :P

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

166K 5K 24
beta jason is a very ruthless beta. of course not as ruthless as his alpha (alpha kane) but he is very feared around the world. his best friends alp...
132K 3.8K 20
Kyle is a gay omega. His dad abuses him because his mom died during his birth. His only salvation is finding a mate on his 16th birthday, in 6 days...
219K 12.8K 31
(Book 2) (Sequel to *Warning:do not bite*) Cyan can't remember a time before war. From what he's picked up from passing servants over the years, it's...
16.5K 2.9K 36
Erik's mate, Katharina, died eighty years ago. Werewolf mates are for life. There are no break-ups or second chances. On the night of the Blood Moon...