A Very Puzzled Shipping ((ON...

By AuthorUprising36

((ON HOLD UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)) Yugi is your average Japanese boy. Good grades, great test scores, high plan... More

Chapter 1: Orentation Day
Chapter 2: New Friend
Chapter 3: Ranting
Chapter 4: Aggrivation
Chapter 5: Serene Silence
Chapter 6: The Phone
Chapter 7: Breakfast; The Most Important Meal of The Day
Chapter 8: First Lessons
Chapter 9: Lunch
Chapter 10: A Trip 'Round Town
Chapter 11: Pity. Not a Date.
Chapter 12: Crummy Showing
Chapter 13: The Essential Reason
Chapter 14: Never Again
Chapter 15: Stolen Wings and Late Nighters
Chapter 16: The Club
Chapter 17: Another Late Night...

Prologue: Preparation

4.6K 169 118
By AuthorUprising36

"Yugi, I'm going out to the store today! Be sure to clean up around here while I'm gone, alright??"

"Okay, grandpa! Try not to get heatstroke out there like you did that one time!"

"One Time, Yugi! One! Time!"

"I know, I know, I know! I'll take care of it! Just be careful! This summer just isn't stopping at all!"

A young teenage boy sat at his desk, reading a book as the summer sun boiling the ground outside. It was the middle of July and was beginning to enter the time of the year when everyone began getting ready for school, whether they wanted to or not.

For Yugi, it was exceptionally exciting. He loved this time of the year. He was able to get another notebook and to pledge to take neater and more organized notes than last year.

He always hoped that the new school year would bring a friend with it. Someone who understood Yugi's habits and talents. Someone who didn't pick on his for his hair and his height.

Yugi had been dreaming for some friend, boy or girl, who would be that way.

But in all three years of his high school life, he had never had that wish come true. Yugi began freshman year without any friends other than the uncommon few who would exchange small talk with him, finished Junior year without any companions at all, and would probably start Senior year and end it all in the same way he began his high school days.

In some ways, Yugi's time in highschool was miserable. No one liked him. He was always the punchline of anyone's jokes.

He was the most looked down upon because of how different he was from everyone else. No one seemed to like his studious habits or his gaming talents.

He'd bring his own games to class with him, holding out continuous hope that someone would eventually stop and ask about it and wanna play with him...

But all three years of highschool had been all for naught. The games he brought were considered to be nothing but tinker toys that babies played with.

Not 17 year old kids in the 11th grade. That's ridiculous.

...Yugi certainly didn't think so.

In other point of views, Yugi's years in high school were extremely well planned out, organized, studious, and preparing.

He may not have had any friends, but no friends meant no distractions. No distractions meant more time to study. More time to study meant more scholarship opportunities in college when he really needed it.

When it truly counted toward something that would last him a lifetime, he was prepared.

There were a lot of kids who were his age and who was also entering the Senior Year and couldn't exactly say the same.

They probably ended up like Yami Sennen.

The name made Yugi shudder slightly. Yami was the most popular boy in all of school with a reputation that matched the kind of loud and obnoxious person he was.

He was on every team, in every club that didn't have anything to do with using his brain, a part of every clique, and was always the topic of conversation.

He was one of the boys who spent his nights partying all night, sleeping all day at school, partying all night again, sleeping all day at school once more.

Yugi hated the lifestyle and the boy who lived it. He knew Yami hated him too. It was only the most apparent out of all of his haters.

Yugi couldn't stand to be anywhere near the kid, and he did not understand how everyone could love a guy as stupid and idiotic and annoying as Yami Sennen.

But no matter. Yugi didn't have to worry about him for the rest of the Summer. Yami lived all the way on the other side of the city from him and Yugi liked it that way.

He wanted to it to stay that way and he'd be damned if it didn't. Especially with the new way the school would be run with the new board that had be created at the end of school last year.

They had the entire Domino High School redesigned to resemble that of a University building, which only made Yugi more excited. He was getting a slight taste about what University life was actually like.

They even had dorms. The students weren't allowed to go home after school anymore. They were strictly kept inside to teach a disciplined curriculum that enforced uniform and obedience, as well as cooperation.

Yugi thought the dorms were his favorite part of the new redesign. He couldn't wait to find out what dorm life would be life. He also couldn't wait to meet his new roommate.

This new roommate would be Yugi's first and year long chance to make friends with someone for the first time in his years in highschool, which made Yugi all the more excited.

However, Yugi found that He didn't know too much about the selection process when it came to the dorms and who stayed in which dorm and who stayed with who. All he knew was what he read on the Internet about Domino High School's new functionality and standards.

It was already seeming like it would be an University for High School Students.

Yugi knew that they would put the students the administration believed would complement each other the most based on their readings. Their grades, GPA, ACT test scores, SAT test scores, conduct, and whatever Letter of Recommendation a student may have for a transfer or so.

Looking at the way they paired the students made Yugi feel at ease. He had amazing grades in every subject, got high scores on ACT and SAT tests, retained a 4.0 GPA for all the years he spent at Domino High.

It would only make sense for the administration to put someone with the same grades and habits in the same dorm as him. Otherwise, they would start getting a lot of complaints.

...if they did take complaints, anyway.

But on thing was certainly certain for Yugi. He could hardly Wait to see who would be chosen for him.

As long as it wasn't Yami Sennen, he didn't care at all who it would have been. And he was surely positive that Yami would have agreed wholeheartedly.

--------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

OH MY GOSH, GUESS WHAT, GUYS???

IT'S ME AGAIN!!! AND GUESS WHAT? (AGAIN)?

I HAVE ANOTHER PUZZLESHIPPING FANFIC HERE FOR YOU GUYS!! See? After In Safe Hands was over, I was kinda bummed.

I mean, I loved that book series and I hope you guys loved it as much as I did!

And I wanted to write another PuzzleShipping book other than this one and Insanity, but it's kinda late and it's Christmas Night. New Years is right around the corner and stuff is getting crazy!

We just finished eating some fried turkey late at night because my family is a group of complete rebels, but that's why I love my family!

Nah, I'm the only one awake right now.

Gooooood meeeeee....

But anyway, the other book I had wanted to write to be published eventually...but it was a bit complicated and would be one of those that was like ISH, in which you all would follow literal tension.

This one is going to be a bit more laid back. This one is going to be your typical highschool story.

I wanted to slow down for a bit after writing as series like In Safe Hands. I loved the series, but it pooped my brain for a literal Year and a half!

So, I decided to take a break until this book is done and I hope you enjoy!

But anyway, what did you think about the prologue for this book? What do you think will happen next? :3

Comment your thoughts and Vote to tell me you liked the story! Our little PuzzleShipping couple is not gone yet!

I LOVE YOU, EPIC UPRISINGS!!!

STAY EPIC~!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.6K 1K 28
DO NOT READ THIS BOOK! READ THE NEWEST VERSION INSTEAD! ----- Yami Sennen is known as the CEO of one of the biggest companys has ever existed. He is...
9.5K 415 18
[BOOK 1] Yugi Mutou is seventeen and in his senior year at Domino High. He's quiet, shy, and sensitive. He wonders if he will always have the linger...
26.9K 808 38
Hello, my name is Yami Sennen. I am a Naga master and the owner of a popular five star hotel called Sennen's Marriott as well as four other places, i...
101K 3.9K 28
I love you, I want to be with you, I want you to understand that you are everything to me. You are my yami, my darkness, and I only want to be with y...