"Beauty and the Beast"

By bananabread

OK so this is the classic story written my way. Adam is cursed and is is searching for a way to break the spe... More

"Beauty and the Beast"
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Explanation of the 3rd POV
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Epilogue

Chapter 15

20.8K 664 43
By bananabread

ok SORRY!!! i am back and this is a long chapter and LOTS happens. i really hope this makes up for my MIA!! lol ok really really want feed back on this chapter!!! this is the ONE that i need any and all input you have!! I'm really excited!! I have not edited it though so if there are any mistakes please do tell!!! :D ok here it is!! oh and the song!! yes it is "Tale As Old As Time" but it has to be a part of the story cause it is an epic song!!!! and i love the dress (The pic on the side)!!!!  

oh and preveiw is that Adam had a suprise for Faith and Patience was going through a bit of an attitude change!  and this is the Dame Magique POV:

“You will leave Patience alone. Am I clear? I will not tolerate anymore of your insubordinate behavior!” The Dame Magique had no choice but to bow her head in submission and agree to the orders of the Femme. Please Patience, do not be so blind.

ok now on to the exciting part!!!! YAY!!!!

Faith woke up to the sun drifting on the horizon. The vibrant oranges and pinks of the sunset splayed across the room, illuminating her chambers and accentuating the colorful surprise awaiting Faith. Across from the bed, laid out across her over-stuffed chair in front of the fireplace, was a stunning gown fit for a queen. The lilac skirts fell out and were littered with gems. There was a rose at the waist and the dress in its entirety spoke of prestige. However, it was not so overdone that Faith was repulsed; instead its extravagance was a simple one. He cannot expect me to wear this! Please let this not be my surprise. Although the dress was beautiful, Faith still was not comfortable wearing the ornate decorations. Rather, she felt out of place in the grandeur and preferred the simpler dresses. Lenora had learned this quickly when Faith had always turned away the courtier gowns she presented for her to wear at the start of winter.

“Lenora!” Faith knew she would be nearby. It never took more then a slightly raised voice and Lenora would be there in a moment’s time, this time was no exception.

“Yes? Is everything alright?” She asked in a sing-song voice. Faith knew very well that Lenora was expecting exactly what she was about say.

“What is this dress for? It cannot be meant for me,” Faith asked with a bit of accusation to her voice. Lenora only let a twinkling laugh.

“Please, the young lord had this made for you especially for tonight. Just put it on and do not complain. It is all part of the surprise.” What is he planning?

After some more objection and insistence from Lenora, Faith was wearing the exquisite gown, her curls were piled up and pinned to the top of her head, and there was a diamond necklace adorning her neck. Faith had never before felt like such a princess and it was causing her to feel giddy. The excitement was almost radiating off of her.

‘Lewis’ met her at the foot of the stairs and took her hand. “I believe I owe you a dance.” Faith could not prevent the blush that stained her cheeks. He is going to dance with me? Faith knew how hard it was for him to act like an ordinary human. He would never eat around her or do anything to accentuate the fact that he was… well, a beast.

“I would love that,” she replied, taking his hand and following him into the ball room, not far away from the throne room and just as grand. A small gasp spilled from her lips at the sight. There were candles lighting up the room and a fire burnt bright on the opposite wall, next to the open glass doors leading to the garden. Bouquets of roses were on the mantle above the golden light and the sunset was still shining brightly from the window to the left of them. Walking into the room, Faith spun around and let out a cheerful laugh.

“Lewis! This is wonderful! Thank you!” She turned to him and took his proffered hand. He pulled her close and they began to dance. The nymphs were surrounding them in a mist and they danced to the tunes of the elves’ instruments. Faith felt as light as a feather. ‘Lewis’ held her gently, as if she would break, as he always did. Neither of them said a word. Nothing was needed to be said.

After a few dances, ‘Lewis’ pulled her out of the room and into the lush garden where even more roses of every color blossomed. The sun was out of sight now and the shadows covered the land. The servants had lined the pathways with more candles though so the flickering flames cast an eerie outline on everything. They sat on a bench surrounded by clusters of candles that gave off enough light to see each other clearly, without deceiving shadows hooding their faces.

“Faith we need to talk.” He was nervous, Faith could tell.

“Lewis? What is it?” He stared into her eyes but did not give her an answer.

It was night and he should have been in his human form, hiding away in the throne room or the kitchen as he always did. However, he wanted tonight to be special. He did not mind staying a beast a bit longer if it meant being with Faith. She looked striking, just as a ravishing as a queen, the queen he intended to make her. He had actually dressed nicely for this as well. Normally, cloths were far too bothersome when he was a beast and he only bothered with britches but not tonight. Tonight he went all out. But it did not really matter to Faith.  It was as if she always saw right through his rough exterior and, instead of seeing the beast he was made into, she was the lost boy from years ago. But which am I? The Beast that the Femme Fatale saw and the one all fear or the little boy still wishing for love? She made him wish he were innocent. But he was far from it in reality. She must know. She must know about all the travelers I have partaken in their deaths. The servant I killed with my own hands… Would she look at me the same if she did? Would she look at me as she does now if she learns the truth? That I am Adam? That I am a killer? No! I cannot think like that. She knows the stories and she decided to judge me on her own. She has not run away or refused me. She must feel something, if only an inkling. It was that hope that drove him on.

“Faith, do you miss your home?” Adam had to ask. A part of him knew bringing this up would only bring trouble but he needed to hear her say it.

“I did at first but now I am torn. The truth is I do not want to leave here.” Leave you. She did not say the words but Adam wished she would. She cares, I know she does, otherwise she would not want to remain here. But she never said it.

“You know, you do not have to leave. You could stay.” The suggestion came out easier then he had expected. There was shock on her face but happiness was in her eyes.  Then, as if a bolder has crushed her, her expression fell and her eyes dropped.

“I would, Lewis you must know that. But… my family. They must think I am dead. I just disappeared,” she rushed to explain, as if she did not want to be saying these words. Or maybe that is only wishful thinking, he thought with a sigh.

“You could go visit them. You know you are free to do as you wish. Go to them and then come back,” he recommended hopefully. She lit up again.

“I suppose I can do that. But how will I find you again?”

“I will find you. I will always find you.”

That was it! Why did she not think of that? She felt a tad foolish.

“Faith?” She looked back to ‘Lewis’ with a smile that she could not keep away. He was looking at her, trying to decipher what she was thinking probably.

“I will leave tomorrow. I will be gone three days only. And when I am ready to come back you will find me?” She wanted to confront her family as soon as possible. She was not looking forward to this. In all honesty, she was dreading seeing Victor again most. He would surly be infuriated with her. And the sooner I finish this, the earlier I can be with ‘Lewis’ again. When ‘Lewis’ became such an important part of her life, Faith could not say. All she knew was that he was now a part of her heart and she did not wish to go back to her meager life at the village.

“Oh! Sorry Lewis! What did you say?” Faith had been lost in her wonderings that she had completely ignored what he was saying. He laughed at her aloofness and reiterated his concerns.

“I am only worried about you going by yourself to the village. I can escort you part of the way but with all these hunters about, I cannot go terribly close to the village itself.” Faith knew where he was going with this and cut him off.

“No, I will not have Lenora or Charles come along. It would spark too many questions that would best be avoided.” ‘Lewis’ wanted to object but must have thought better of it because he nodded and rose from the bench. She took his extended hand and was lead back inside.

            Patience was not sure what she could say to consol her sister. First Faith goes missing and now this? When will this end!?! The entire town was in an uproar, even Victor was shocked. Oh great powers above, why are you doing this?!?!

            “We will do everything we can. We will not let this happen again,” Philip told them. He was chosen to head up the search party, since…

            “Please! I cannot cope with this! I cannot lose everyone again!” Charity sobbed on our father’s shoulder. He seemed at a loss, not knowing how to handle distraught women. Patience took pity on her father and wrapped Charity in a tight hug.

            “Hush sister. Everything will turn out fine, you will see. Soon we will have them back.” A loud banging on the front door startled them. Patience polled away and went to answer it. There, standing before her in all the glory of a well-to-do mistress, was Melanie, Martin’s little sister.

            “Where is my brother? What happened to him?” She demanded. Charity ran straight into the arms of her would-be sister-in-law and began to weep again.

            “Oh Melanie! I am so sorry you had to come home to this! Please come in, come in!” Charity said through her tears. “Martin… he is… is g-g-gone!” She bawled.

            Martin had disappeared while searching for Faith. Well that certainly proves helpful to me. Patience is still wrapped around my finger and the talk is beginning to lessen. I should be in the clear any day now, Victor thought as he walked along the street. There seemed to be more glares and suspicious stares then usual. I thought things were dieing down, Victor groaned. That is when he saw her. Her raven hair was tied back in the latest city style and she wore a new gown that was much more fashionable then anyone in this small village had ever owned. She was also draped on the arm of a gentleman that had clearly never left the city’s walls before. When she turned and met his gaze, her hazel eyes ignited.

            “Melanie.” The word left Victor’s mouth before he realized he should stop it. The man with her turned toward him with curiosity. Victor met his gaze with a challenging one of his own.

            “I am sorry. Do we know you?” The man asked politely. Melanie stiffened and Victor smirked. She shook her head ever so slightly but Victor ignored her, turning fully to the man.

            “Yes, she does. In fact, she knows me very well. You might want to ask that harlot on your arm how pure she really is before she fools you,” he smirked as the man’s face turned murderous. That serves that wench right for returning here! However, the man’s fury was not directed toward the deceitful lady at his side. On the contrary, it was pointed straight at Victor himself.

            “YOU!!! You are that dirty, rotten villain that dared to cheat an innocent girl and now you dare call my wife a harlot!?!” The man was turning red with unreleased rage. Melanie held tight to his arm and sent a hateful glower Victor’s way.

            “Walk away Victor. You are in enough trouble with Faith’s disappearance. Getting into a fight with a prestigious gentleman will do nothing for you,” she said calmly and stormed away with her husband still fuming behind. Victor was stunned. Who would marry her!?! And she dared to accuse me of Faith’s disappearance?!? Whispers soon reached Victor’s ears and he glanced around to see fathers and mothers rushing their daughters away and young men looking at him with contempt. We will see who wins this time around…

ok!!! Tell me what you think!!! I promise to be better on updating but comments and encouragement does help a lot! lol ok i'm done rambling but what do you think happened to Martin? What was the drama between Melanie and Victor? and what is going to happen with Faith? lol tell me what you think! EEKK!!! I'm excited about this part lol!!! as you ell! i hope you liked it as much as I did writing it!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 147 59
After a tragic accident, Ash tries to move on with his life and start again in a new city. However, when he opens up the contents of a mysterious par...
127K 5.2K 24
A Mother's Last Words. A Brand New Town. A Secret Coven. Shayla Cooper is on the run. Her mother was killed in a fire of 'unknown' origins, or at lea...
44 0 27
***RECOMMENDED READING AGE 18+ MATURE THEMES THROUGHOUT*** Adam is a loner; a nobody, trying to recover from past trauma. With seemingly no direction...
66.1K 1.2K 16
Guess it runs in the family where they like people that are misunderstood. First Belle with the Beast, then Ben with Mal, and then Bella with Harry