Bittersweet

By entrancingly

What would you do if you found out your life was just one twisted lie, and your parents were keeping some of... More

Chapter 1: I Open At The Close
Chapter 2: Fear of the Unknown
Chapter 3: Beauxbatons, School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
Chapter 4: Beginnings
Chapter 5: Decisions, Decisions
Chapter 6: Going to Hogwarts
Chapter 7: The Yule Ball
Chapter 8: The Third and Final Task
Chapter 9: Friendships Fade
Chapter 11: Consequences
Chapter 12: Scandlyweed
Chapter 13: Pajama Pants
Much Needed Character Descriptions
Chapter 14: Christmas Eve
:(

Chapter 10: When You're Expecting

24 1 0
By entrancingly

Gen's PoV

"Draco," I took a deep breath in, and twirled my light blonde hair nervously, "We're expecting." I cracked an eyelid to see Draco's shocked and scared face.

"What? No, no. Genevieve, that's - that's not happening! We're sixteen, Genevieve!" he cried, looking worried.

"No, we cannot be parents. We aren't even technical adults yet."

"Draco...I...I thought you'd be happy, no, don't...don't be angry at me..."  

Draco began to yell, rocking our compartment, since we were riding to the school.  

Rae was sitting with her three Hufflepuff buddies and Bella, and her now-steady boyfriend, Seamus. As far as I knew, her boyfriend wasn't yelling at her for such an unplanned thing.  

"Draco! It's not my fault!" I shouted at him. Draco looked taken back by my outburst, since the baby, my hormones were outta whack, they're probably ten times worse since I'm a veela. 

Draco calmed down and took my hand, since we were sitting side-by-side.

"I'm sorry, Gen," he seemed cooled down some.

"I am, I really am; how...how long?"

"How long have I been? A month or so along...so we've got, basically, until the year's end. Then we'll have our baby sometime probably in May or June"

"Leo Scorpius Malfoy."

"Never!" I joked, the worries of the just previous fight.

"No, I've put thought into our daughter's name! It's going to be Lucy Lyra Malfoy!"  

My Draco pressed his forehead against mine.

"I love you, Genevieve Ellie Grindelwald." his eyes darted away.  

"I was going to ask you, this year on Christmas Eve, since I'm turning seventeen soon," his gray eyes refocused on my blue ones.

"The story of our love is only beginning. I remember when you called me a mud-blood the first time we met, I have to admit I was shocked, no one ever would dare say that to me-but you did; you're different, like me. I remember all those times when people didn't believe in our love, but look where we are now. Two years, and we're still going strong. Let's write our own happy ending, together.Will you, Genevieve Ellie Grindelwald, m-marry me?" with that, he pulled out a box that looked brand-new, as if he'd bought it only yesterday. It was beautiful, with a platinum band and a glittering, glistening diamond cut into pieces to look like a blooming rose.  

"Wha - Draco, yes! You don't even need to ask me!" he smiled widely and sealed this deal with a kiss. Triumphantly, I thought, One above Rae! I bet Seamus isn't asking her to marry him.

Rae's PoV

As I settled myself between Adam and Kevin, Seamus and Bella sat next to each other, talking. Even though Seamus and I were steady, he still seemed as if he'd drop me for Bella in a minute.  

Even Adam said it, though he had a bit of a crush on me. Kevin liked Gen. Anyway, I knew that.

"So, Rae, how was your summer?" asked Kevin, since we'd made a full cycle of summers.

I shrugged, "Gen and I basically had a falling out...especially with her baby coming."

"Gen's expecting?" cried Bella, perking up.

"Well...I'm guessing so...we haven't talked lately, and we live in the same home,"

"Then it must be one big house." Adam said jokingly.

Sighing, I muttered, "You have no idea, it's literally a castle."  

Little did I know was that my sister was about to mark herself as a to-be married woman.  

Sighing, I replied, "I just hope they're happy, Draco and Gen...the baby's theirs, after all."

"Do you think Draco'll want it?" asked Kevin, quirking an eyebrow.

Seamus, who was sitting directly across from me, spat, "I'm hoping so! What guy bails on a girl and his kid?" 

I laughed nervously. Jaques would do it; so what made Draco special? He'd probably do it to Gen if he felt like he didn't want her kid. Sorry, his kid as well. Just thinking of it made me sick.

"Come on, guys, switch the subject?" Seamus nodded, a sympathetic look in his eyes; he decided to switch the conversation to Quidditch, which I, obviously, enjoyed yet couldn't stand. Instead, I began talking to Adam and Kevin. Cella finally arrived from the bathroom, looking pretty as she sat next to Bella.

"Hey," she waved and smiled, and I returned the white smile back, then returned to my deep conversation with my friends, Adam and Kevin. Cella would've been welcome to join in if there were any room to do so.

"So Gen's having a baby, is she?" Kevin asked, just being Kevin.

"Yes, my niece or nephew. Though, I don't think it'll know it's Aunt Rae very well,"

"I think this whole thing'll be forgotten soon," reassured Adam, lying a hand on my shoulder, "Just give Gen a little time. Unless Draco's purposed, she'll need her biological folks more than ever now,"

"Engaged? Aha, my sister's attention span's smaller than mine, Adam Delia! I don't think she'd pay attention long enough to say yes." 

"Well...would you keep your attention long enough?" 

"Truthfully, Adam...? Yes. Probably. But what has that got to do with me?"  

Adam nodded, smirking.

"Oh, yes...just wondering."  

I rolled my eyes; sometimes he made no sense, therefore making the Hufflepuff I loved.  

Kevin and Cella were great, too. Bella was my first real friend, and Seamus was my boyfriend. Cella, Adam, Kevin, and Bella were on a different level, though - my best friends, my 'brothers' and 'sisters'. I loved them all, yet wiggled away from them when the express arrived. I ended up near a group of Slytherins.

I overheard Crabbe, or was it Goyle?, snap to another kid, "Where's Malfoy? I haven't seen him since he and Grindelwald met up..."

I frowned deeply. "Hey, Goyle, it's Grindelwald's sister...what's her face?" asked the kid, and I stopped and turned. They recognized me, so I couldn't say I didn't hear them.

"Yes?" I asked them.

"Where's Malfoy?"

"That git? How should I know?"

"Because he disappeared with your sister."

"Oh, my pregnant sister?"

"Wha - what? Gen's...not, she's not having a baby?"

"Yes! She is, you idiots!" I cried, rolling my eyes.

"Draco's kid, probably. Probably gone to tell him, I bet. Now, if you don't mind, I'd like to go,"  

I pointed towards the carriages - there were only two left, and only one empty one, and the other had a group of Gryffindor and Ravenclaw seventh-years loading into it. Then Goyle nodded my release. I scurried towards the carriage, and flew into it. I tiredly nodded to Cho Chang.

My beating days were over, I had 'retired', will you, into Chasing, and we'd often laughed at Quidditch practice, since Chasers and Seekers practiced skills together. The Gryffindors gave me looks, and I slunk into my seat, closest to the door, and kept quiet as they talked about the N.E.W.T.s they'd be taking this year.

I'd just got my O.W.L. scores, they weren't bad. I could be an Auror if I wanted, they were that good. When we arrived at the school, I hopped out of the carriage, smiling at Cho before I did so.

"Hey, Rae! Where did you go?"

"It's nothing," I shook off my grabber, who was Bella.

She frowned. Her dad was  buzzing around, he being the Potions master, was trying to gather a few first years around. He was the newly appointed Head of Gryffindor.

I saw Gen, hand-in-hand with Draco Malfoy, and a glittering jewel attached to her ring finger on her left hand.

"Oh, that's a pretty ring," said Bella, eyeing Gen's new hand wear.

"That's...that's an engagement ring!" she squealed.

"Your sister's having a baby and a wedding! It's going to be so magical!"

"Ugh," I rolled my eyes, "I am not getting invited for that wedding," I announced, sitting at a seat next to Seamus and Bella.

"Why not?" cried Bella.

"Why not? Isabella, my sister hates me! She'd probably kill her own baby before she invites me to be anything special in it! Maybe a guest, but not a bridesmaid or anything."

Seamus frowned. "That's not very right, is it?" I sighed.

"No, it isn't!" Trying to lighten the mood, he continued, "You know, two years in England and regular visits to France and you still sound American."

I smiled and he kissed my cheek, "I need to meet up with Dean...he said he found something worthy of my attention," I nodded, letting Seamus slip away. Now it was just Bella and I.

Gen's PoV

Draco and I walked hand in hand inside to the Great Hall, ignoring the stares of the jealous and disgusted.  

We sat down in our usual seats at the Slytherin table, right across from Potter and his crew, which now included Bella and of course Rae.  

It figures; she's one of the biggest kiss-ups and that's probably why she got Prefect. Draco and I got prefects as well, but with our circumstances, we were going to have to step down. It's not a bad thing now, since I won't have to be with Rae.

Draco and I were going to have to tell the professors, and since Dumbledore hates both of us, we were probably going to get kicked out. That's great; note my sarcasm.  

Looking down at my plate, I thought of my favorite dish of smoked salmon with teriyaki sauce; something I've been craving lately. I guess it's from being pregnant and all.

A/N: That's Gen's ring on the side! Review and Vote! ***EDITED ON 8/2/13***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

630 26 5
Her whole life was a lie. A lie that never would have been uncovered if it weren't for the untimely death of her mother-except it wasn't her mother...
410 0 36
Lauren Evergreen was considered pureblood royalty. The Evergreen's boasted a fortune and everyone thought they knew them. They were considered one o...
64.4K 1.5K 29
What if James and Lily Potter were hiding something about Lily's pregnancy? What if Harry had a twin that no one knew about? What if Voldemort tried...
2.2K 292 30
"Does that mean you are no longer in love with Draco?" Cedric asks softly. "No." you say "No, I don't think I'll ever stop being in love with him, j...