Mated To A Jerk |✓

By ranchchips

Being mated to the future alpha isn't a breeze, especially for Cassandra. Wanna know why? Because he's a flat... More

|1|
|2|
|3|
|4|
|5|
|6|
|7|
|8|
|9|
|10|
|11|
|12|
|13|
|14|
|15|
|16|
|17|
|18|
|19|
|20|
|21|
|23|
|24|
|25|
|26|
|27|
|28|
|29|
|30|
|31|
|32|
|33|
|34|
|35|
|36|
|37|
|38|
|39|
|40|
|41|
|42|
|43|
|44|
|45|
|46|
|47|
|48|
|49|
|50|
|51|
|52|
|53|
|54|
|55|

|22|

11.5K 327 26
By ranchchips

Cassandra

Branches were constantly swatting at my arms, leaving small scratches that would heal moments later. Dead leaves were always crunching every step I took, and the wind was whipping at my body. Running for the rest of that night, and now walking in the morning. As far as I can get, somewhere that I can be loved, accepted.

One place only

What?

One

I stopped in my tracks, blankly looking down. Maybe I can't be loved. Maybe this was all a dream I played out perfectly for myself, but for it to be soon awakened.

A wave of negativity went through me, lingering inside. I can only be loved in one place, but where? Wait, how did I hear that? Who told me?

Howls caught my attention ahead, snapping my head up. Wolves stopped and tilted their heads, eyes red as wine. Rogues.

They snarled as I stood their emotionless. The biggest wolf stepped forward and then shifted to human form. His brown hair was ruffled up in a mess, but in a kind of sexy way. There was light stubble on his jaw and his brown eyes glinted red. I ignored his lack-of-clothing.

"Going somewhere, pup?" He chuckled and some other rogues behind him shifted as well. A low growl erupted in my chest, leading him to smirk in amusement.

"We were just heading where you came from. I can smell you belong to that damn Alpha Dawn's pack." He snarled. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Just leaving." I reminded. He chuckled lightly.

"Wouldn't mind a little practice fight for my group, right?" He asked, a mischievous glint in his eye.

"Sir," one of the closest rogues to him interrupted, but I sensed he held some authority.

"What?" He snapped. The boy behind him glanced at me with something in his eyes.

"She's the one everyone's hunting down." What? Me? Who's hunting me? Shock, surprise, and glee all shown through the man's eyes at this newfound information.

"What are you talking about?" I asked straightforwardly and they both turned their attention back to me.

"I thought you would know." The man sneered.

"Yeah, well apparently everyone knows but me." I rolled my eyes, but he growled. The boy looked back to the man, speaking up again.

"She can be useful, you want her on our side."

"Keep dreamin' buddy." I huffed. "There's a line."

"You want to know why you're so special to everyone, little bitch?" The man hissed.

"Doesn't it look like it?" I hissed back.

"You're the Dark Wolf." The boy rushed out and the man shot him a warning look.

"What the hell is that suppose to mean?" I asked, clearly not taking it.

"You bringing hope to the darkness of this world. To the 'evil' you might say. Or you can say badass side of the world, but I mean it sounds more epic if you say evil." The boy blushed at his input, but stepped back in his place.

"Explain." I demanded.

"Like the White Wolf is good, but the Dark Wolf is evil, understand?"

"I'm not evil, losers, see you on the other side." I did a fake salute and turned to leave, but multiple growls stopped me. "What do you want?!"

"We want your powers to help us take over Alpha Dawn's territory. Then, you can rule along side us and we can slowly take over other packs, expanding our rogue group, and soon take over the world!" The man roared.

"Take it down a notch, Casanova." I commented. His happy state quickly turned into a frown and he glared at me.

"Don't you want payback on your pack for what they did?"

"It's more like what my mate did, but thanks for the concern." The boy that spoke laughed, but quickly shut up once the man glared at him.

"What 'powers' do I have exactly?" If they believed I was the Dark Wolf then I'll just play with them a little, kick in some amusement since I've been feeling bored.

"The underworld is your whole resource." The boy said, something like awe in his eyes once he said it. I winked at him, making him blush. Who's the Casanova now, bud?!

"Join or die." The man forged, causing me to snort.

"Well that's a little harsh, don't 'chya think?"

"First to bring me her heart gets off a months worth of work." The man deadpanned to his rogue pack and they all turned to me. Aw shiz.

One pounced ahead of the others at me, which I didn't dodge. It tore my left shoulder, bringing me down to the ground.

I shifted quickly and aimed for the rogue's neck, but it quickly dodged , just giving me leg. I bit down and thrashed around until it fell a little limp with that leg and whimpered. It turned snarling at me, but I lunged on its back, bringing it down.

I dug my claws into its back, but it flung me off into a tree. It pounced back for my chest, but I got up and quickly moved to the right, leaving it to come face-to-face with the tree. It fell to the ground, not moving.

I turned, happy with my victory but to be met with another wolf. The other wolves were fighting for some unknown reason. Oh well, another distraction from me.

I quickly fought it and then left that one unconsciousness like the first one. All the other rogues were busy fighting each other to be even bothered by me, so I took that as my chance to get the hell out of there while shifting.

Before I could make it out undetected the man stood there in my path, arms crossed over and face full of amusement.

"Trying to get away so soon?" He asked, then he shifted, but my wolf was too hurt from the fights to shift again. Damnit!

I held my hands in front of my face, ready to be attacked to the ground, but it never came.
Instead of the pain from a blow, I felt a force coming out of me, coming through my veins.

I opened my eyes and watched in horror as black shadows attacked the man. Where did they come from? What are they?

I turned to run, but all the other rogues were behind me, the boy in front of all of them.

"Sorry about him, we were hoping that would happen." He said, an apologetic smile placing on his face. A bloody scream curdled out behind me. I turned watching as the dark shadows tore the man's heart out who had apparently already shifted.

The shadows quickly disappeared after the man fell limp to the forest floor. I turned back, my mouth hanging open in shock. The boy chuckled and the men behind him sat down once he told them to rest.

"We should talk, but I think we should know each other's names first." He declared.

"I was just leaving."

"I think you want answers, don't you?" He paused, his eyes raking over my body, I quickly covered up everything I could, a blush creeping up my neck. "And I can give you some clothes. Probably not the best idea to go through the woods naked with a bunch of lustful males, right?" I nodded to that.

"Here." He tossed me a shirt and shorts. "The only leftover clothes we have." He grabbed a pair of pants and slipped them on, so I put the shirt on and the shorts that were a little too big.

"Come sit." He motioned me to follow, so I did, sitting in front of him on some fallen trees.

"My names Troy."

"Cassandra."

"Questions?"

"What the hell were those dark shadows?" The first thing I wanted answered, because I was scared they would come back.

"Those are the Dark Wolf's protecters. They are always watching in case, not in a creepy way, but when the Dark Wolf is completely vulnerable they take care of everything."

"So why were they killing that guy?"

"Because you were vulnerable and in danger, so they protected you."

"But I'm not the Dark Wolf."

"Yes, you are, Cassandra."

"Then what can I do? I'm not from an evil environment, and I don't feel it."

"It will come when you take full control of all your powers."

"I can't use them, I don't know how."

"They come natural or they come rushed. Depends on how fast you develop."

"Right. So I'm basically the key to all evil, I have bodyguards, and I have all of the underworld to use as my defense or attack?" Troy thought it over a moment then nodded.

"Pretty much."

"Well thanks for the information, now I think I'm going to get as far away as I can. My mate probably caught up with my distance, so I need to leave." I gave a friendly smile, then turned, but Troy grabbed my wrist.

"Wait, you should stay and rest. You can stay with us to have food and some protection, and then you can leave. I assure you he hasn't even made it to that river back there a good miles back."

"Thanks." I smiled and looked around the mini-temporary camp set up.

"Where should I rest?"

"You can just rest here, I'll stay around and make sure nothing happens. Plus I think your minions have already started to get attached to their queen." He winked. What happened to shy boy that he was before?

"Why are you so-"

"So confident all of a sudden? Power shifted from Shawn to me, and that boosted up everything."

"Why did you call me a queen?"

"You're the queen of the underworld. There is no king, because nobody can hold a higher title than you. I'll tell you more about it later. I've grown up studying you. But for now, rest. We'll protect you." He smiled and turned, walking away.

I laid my head down on the log, trying to make some comfort to it.

What the hell just happened?

•••

Ahhh, so that's why every guy is out for her ;))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

843K 19K 29
What happens when enemies become mates? Cassie Dawson a sarcastic teenage werewolf with the alpha blood running through her veins. A menace to societ...
99.8K 3.4K 52
Highest ranking: #216 in werewolf #44in female alpha #1 in nerdy Why have a mate when you're an independent, badass female alpha who is more than...
22.8K 491 23
"Please sir it was a mistake, I didn't-" "I'll show you a mistake!" The Alpha said as he grabbed me by my hair and dragged me all across the floor he...
409K 15.2K 43
C̶l̶i̶c̶h̶e̶ 𝐍𝐨 𝐖𝐚𝐲!! ʸᵒᵘ ᵏⁿᵒʷ ᵗʰᵒˢᵉ ˢᵗᵒʳⁱᵉˢ ʷʰᵉʳᵉ ⁱᵗˢ ᵗʰᵉ ˢʰʸ ˡⁱᵗᵗˡᵉ ᵒᵐᵉᵍᵃ ᵃⁿᵈ ʰᵉʳ ᵐᵃᵗᵉ ⁱˢ ᵗʰᵉ ᵇⁱᵍ ᵇᵃᵈ ᵃˡᵖʰᵃ? ʷᵉˡˡ ʸᵒᵘᵛᵉ ᶠᵒᵘⁿᵈ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵗʰⁱⁿᵍ ᵃ ˡⁱᵗ...