My Quiet Mate

By Star-Fly18

Boy x Boy This book is complete and I am working to edit right now!! Quinn is an abused sixteen year old boy... More

Chapter 1: The Forest
Chapter 2: The Wolf
Chapter 3: My Wolf
Chapter 4: The Pack
Chapter 5: Found Out Secrets
Chapter 6: Fear and Love
Chapter 8: The Ride and Exposed Fears
Chapter 9: The Jig Is Up
Chapter 10: Friend or Foe?
Chapter 11: The Strange Wolf
Chapter 12: Pranks Affection and Attacks
Chapter 13: Protecting What's Mine
Chapter 14: Marking
Chapter 15: The Run Down
Chapter 16: The Change
Authors Note
Chapter 17: The Dilemma
Chapter 18: Dangers of a Wondering Mind
Chapter 19: The Threat
Chapter 20: Brothers
Chapter 21: Stone and Teeth
Chapter 22: Talking and Other Things
Chapter 23: The Day After...
Chapter 24: We Need To Talk
Chapter 25: Surprise!!
Chapter 26: Waffle Break
Chapter 27: Alone Time
Chapter 28: Our Luna
Chapter 29: Check Up
Chapter 30: Trust Is Earned
Chapter 31: Facts and Revelations
Chapter 32: The Storm
Chapter 33: Bad News
Chapter 34: Malan To The Rescue
Chapter 35: The Last Week
Authors Note IMPORTANT

Chapter 7: The Plan and A Pack

77.5K 3K 985
By Star-Fly18

(Devon POV)

I smiled to myself slightly as Stephanie and I put the finishing touches on the plan that we came up with to get Quinn to not be afraid of men, or to at least not be afraid of me.

I hurried to the kitchen to prepare for step one of our plan. Step 1: Get Quinn confortable around me. I entered the kitchen and started getting things out quickly to make my mate some food. Chris peaked his head in and his eyes widened when he saw me attempting to cook and quickly rushed over.

I was trying to crack some eggs into as bowl and I was getting more shell in the bowl then egg when Chris snatched the bowl away from me.

"What are you doing?" he asked with curiosity. "Last time you tried to cook something you caught the drapes on fire and made something that not even El would eat, and he eats everything!"

I reached for the bowl but he moved it form my reach and I pouted slightly at him. "I'm trying to make food for my mate," I explained trying to snatch the bowl again.

"Then why don't you let me help you?" Chris offered.

"Are you sure? You don't have to," I told him. I really did need help but I didn't want to force him to do it if he didn't want to.

"Leave it to me," he said as he dumper out the bowl of shells and egg into the sink. He pushed me out of the kitchen and pointed towards the plates. "Put some plates and a cup on the platter so I have something to put the food on when its done."

I nodded and pouting slightly I did as he told. Him and I both knew that if I tried to help out with the food at all it would indefinitely become inedible very quickly. By the time that I had laid out all of the plates Chris had already finished the food and was placing serving it, and it looked really good; eggs, cheese, bacon, sausage, toast and orange juice.

I smiled happily at Chris and thanked him and rushed off to the room Quinn was in with the tray in hand. I heard the shower still running so I quickly entered the room and placed the platter on the table. I then positioned myself across the room form the door but in a place that my mate would immediately see me when he left the bathroom, then I waited.

Step 1 of the plan was that I would bring him food and be in the room when he came out form the bathroom. I would act surprised when he came out so he would think it was a coincidence that I was in the room alone with him. I will then give him the food and see where it goes from there. If he gets too scared I will leave but if he lets me stay it will just make step 1 go that much faster.

The shower turned off and I prepared myself. After about five minutes the bathroom door opened and my mate came out with a towel over his head while drying his hair. When he walked out I was hit by his sent for the first time, vanilla and cherries. He must have been really dirty if I hadn't smelt that before. My mouth was watering and I just wanted to go over and scoop him up but I kept myself rooted until he noticed me.

He pulled the towel from his head and let out a surprised gasp. His eyes started to fill with fear and I put my hands out in front of me to show him that I meant no harm and when that did nothing to appease him I took a small step back.

"It's ok," I told him. I couldn't help but notice his shiver when I spoke to the face that some of the fear left his eyes.

"Are you Devon?" I asked in almost a whisper.

It was almost too quiet for me to hear but I'm glad I did. He knew my name already. I smiled widely at him and he hesitantly smiled back and took a small step towards me. It was a sign of acceptance, very small yes, but there nonetheless and I was ecstatic about that.

"Yes, I'm Devon," he confirmed for him. "Was Stephanie talking about me again?" I asked amused. Stephanie never stopped talking but right now I was happy about that.

He nodded a yes and we just looked at each other in the eyes for a moment. My wolf was howling for joy. Looking each other in the eyes was another form of acceptance but this one was bigger. It means that he sees us as equals and he approves of me. He probably doesn't know that but it still means a lot to Asher and I.

Though after a moment he seemed to realize that he was looking me in the eye and quickly averted his gaze and took a small step away form me. Asher whimpered slightly and I had to hold myself back form doing the same. I needed to do something; we were doing so well!

"I brought you some food," I said quickly. Quinn looked up but was careful not to meet my eyes, which I was sad about. I pointed to the tray of food and his head perked up as he observed it and his stomach growled, but he didn't make a move for it.

"Quinn?" I called quietly not wanting to scare him. "You can go eat if you want to."

Immediately after I was done talking he made my way over to the food and before he even sat down he was spooning food into his mouth. I watched him for a moment before I slowly approached him and grabbed a chair. I quietly placed the chair close to Quinn and I could tell he noticed but he ignored me. I sat down and waited for him to finish.

I was so close to him and he allowed it. I was so happy and I just watched him eat. He put down his fork and started dirking his orange juice like there was no tomorrow. I let out a small chuckle and Quinn's gaze focused on me.

Quinn set his cup down and looked down to his lap. I quickly stopped laughing fearing that he though I was laughing at him, but I wasn't. I was happy that he was happy. He let me get this close to him already and I didn't want to ruin it by forcing him to look at me but I needed to touch him and have his eyes on me.

Ever so slowly I reached out for him and when he didn't flinch I continued. Gently I took his face in my hands and turned his face towards me. There were sparks tingling my palms but I focused on Quinn. He allowed it but kept his eyes everywhere except for me.

"Please look at me," I pleaded. I needed to have that confirmation again that he accepted me. His eyes slowly rose until they were locked on mine and when they did I gave him a soft smile that was full of love. "There you are," I said softly not wanting to ruin the moment. I used my thumbs to rub small circles on his soft jaw as I looked at him fondly.

Amazingly he leaned into my hands after a moment and kept looking at me. There was still a slight fear in his eyes but I think it was more fear of not knowing what were going to happen then fear of me. When he leaned into my hands the sparks intensified and I nearly growled at how good it felt.

After a second I pulled my hands away and Quinn almost seemed disappointed but I refrained form reaching out to him again. I didn't want to push him too far.

Step 1 seems pretty solid so I am going to move on to step 2: get to know him.

I leaned back into my chair and looked to Quinn, "So what to you remember Quinn?" I asked. "Do you remember how you got here?"

"Yes," he said in his still quiet voice, like he was afraid of being overheard. He seemed to hesitate for a moment before he answered. "I was injured by a wolf and passed out. How did you come across me if I may ask?" he tilted his head to the side slightly when he asked and it took everything in me to not kiss him here and now.

"I was in the forest when I came across you. Are you afraid of wolfs now?" I asked him fearing the answer. It he was then I don't know how I am going to tell him that I am a wolf.

He shook his head vigorously in a no and I let out a small sigh of relief. "I actually feel really safe around dogs or even wolfs. I just connect really well with them and I really enjoy being around them."

My ears perked up that, "Would you like to meet some more wolfs?" I asked hesitantly this would be a good way for him to get used to the pack without being scares.

He looked at me with surprise, "You have wolfs, and I could meet them?" there was hope and excitement in his voice and I was more then happy.

"I don't own wolfs, no. They are more like my family. They would never hurt me or you and if you would like to I could take you to meet them right now."

His eyes were practically shining with excitement and he nodded a yes. I linked the pack quickly. "Hey guys, Quinn wants to meet you but you're going to be in wolf form. Go wait in the forest and wait for my signal, and be calm."

"Really Devon!" Eli asked in excitement, "we get to meet your mate already? Yes!!"

I blocked the link and looked back to Quinn who was fidgeting in his seat. "Lets go then," I said as I stood up. I offered my hand to him and he only hesitated for a second before he grabbed my hand softly. I pulled him up and led him from the room not letting go of his hand. I was extremely happy that he didn't pull his hand away and just continued holding my hand.

As I led him through the house he looked around in wonder. The pack house was huge but it wasn't particularly fancy. I watched him look around in wonder and as we reached the back door I opened it and held it for him as we walked into the large back yard. The backyard was just a large grassy area that led into the east part of the forest. The forest surrounded the whole house and it was very hard to find unless you knew where you were going.

I looked to Quinn, "You ready? I asked with a smile.

"Yup," he said still looking into my eyes.

I looked to the forest and let out a short shrill whistle. Nothing happened for a second then two of my pack member seemed to appear out of nowhere. Of course Eli was first to show, with his mate Isaac behind him. Isaacs wolf was as big as mine but ever so slightly smaller and Eli was the smallest in the pack being the size of a large husky and looking like one too. Luke and Owen were the next to show, then Mason came out with Ryan biting his ears playfully. Alexander and Chris were next through as they bumped into each other softly and paly growled.

My pack sat down a ways away from us and I looked down to Quinn to see him looking at my pack with wonder. He looked so innocent and cute. I was the luckiest person ever to get his as a mate. There was a small whimper form Chris as he looked back into the forest. Narrowing my eyes I looked into the tree line and saw Liam hesitating to show himself. He probably was afraid that Quinn was going to be afraid of him.

"Liam" I called out gently but firmly. "You can come out. It's fine."

Liam hesitantly came out from the bushed and when Quinn saw him he gasped slightly and hid himself half behind me. He was looking at Liam with a little uncertainty. Liam whined pitifully and lay on the ground with his paws over his face.

Quinn slowly moved form behind me. Still looking at Liam he slowly made his way over to the pack. Slowly Quinn made his way to Liam and when he was right in front of him Quinn crouched down and gently placed his hand on Liam's head. Quinn slowly started to pet Liam and Liam eventually looked up to Quinn.

Giving Liam a soft smile Quinn spoke to him. "It's ok. We all make mistakes and even though I will always bear the scars of your mistake I can tell that you feel bad and didn't mean to," Quinn told Liam in a calm even voice. "As long as it doesn't happen again, I forgive you."

Everyone was quiet and my chest swelled with pride. Quinn would make an amazing Luna. He was caring, forgiving, yet stern and he knew what to say. Liam's tail started to wag and he licked Quinn's hand softly. Quinn laughed and that seemed to snap everyone out of their daze.

Everyone quickly surrounded Quinn and I was worried that he was going to freak out for a moment before I heard Quinn's laughing starting to pick up again. All I saw was a mass of fur and wagging tales as Quinn was completely covered by wolfs. Quinn never stopped laughing and after a moment I spoke up, "all right, all right." I walked over to them. "Give him some room," my pack started backing away only a little so that everyone had more room but they were still close to my mate.

When I saw what was going on in the center of the group I started busting up laughing. Eli, the smallest wolf was pinning down his mate Isaac, the biggest wolf, was letting himself be pinned, and Quinn was gently pulling on Isaac's ears like the other wolfs would do in play and wile he was doing that Eli was attacking Quinn with his tongue. Eli was having a ball, Quinn was cracking up, and Isaac was just letting this all happen like the good mate he was.

I was about to break it up when I was tackled from the side by Mason, a dark brown wolf, and I fell to the ground. Ryan, his mate, was immediately on me too and they were both lightly nipping me playfully.

"Get off of me you oaf!" I yelled jokingly. We played for a while until I heard Quinn call my name.

I pushed Mason off of me and looked to Quinn. "Yes?"

Quinn had his arms around Alexander's neck in a hug as he looked to me, "Are these all of the wolves?" he asked looking at the pack.

"There is one more but he doesn't seem to be here. He is the Alpha." Quinn seemed to perk up.

"Does he have two blue eyes, and black fur and one white ear? And he is really big?" he asked with hope.

"That's him," Asher's tail was wagging happily at being remembered, "Why do you ask?"

"I've just met him before and I would really like to see him again. He saved my life and I really like him." Quinn buried his face into Alexander's neck and Asher grumbled in jealousy.

"Do you want me to go see if I can find him?" I offered. Asher really wanted to be with Quinn and the pack right now.

Quinn nodded a yes, "Before you go though can you tell me all of the wolf's names?"

I nodded and started naming while pointing. "The one you are holding on to is Alexander, then there is Liam and Chris who are mates, then Owen, Mason and Ryan who are mates, then Isaac and Eli are mates also, and lastly there is L-," I was cut off by Stephanie who came running out of the house looking really excited.

"LUKE!" she yelled happily and she flung herself at the large wolf. She managed to knock him over which was pretty impressive. Stephanie has grown up with werewolves all of her life and because she trained with them also she became scary strong.

She rubbed her face into Luke's soft fur and looked up, seeming to notice Quinn for the first time. "Oh, hey Quinn! I see you're feeling better. Do you like the pack?" she asked excitedly.

"Yes, I really do," Quinn answered with a smile.

"Why isn't Asher here?" she asked looking at me. She knew that with the whole pack here and my mate that Asher would be practically be begging to come out, and he was.

"Who is Asher?" Quinn asked looking to me.

"The Alpha wolf, he was who I was about to go look for," I answered. He nodded in understanding. "I'll be back soon," I told him as I turned to go into the forest.

I went in deep enough to make sure that Quinn wouldn't be able to see me then waited a few minutes. It would be weird if right as I left Asher came out of the forest.

"Devon, we have a slight problem that I just realized," Stephanie said through the pack link.

"What happened?" I asked worried.

"Well, we told Quinn everyone's names right?"

"Right," I answered not understanding the problem.

"Well wont he think it's weird when he meets the pack as human and they all have the same names as the wolfs he has met that are in the area? Huh?"

I groaned in annoyance at the realization that she was right. I should have given him everyone's wolf's names not their human names, but it is just second nature to call them all by their humans names. "We will just have to deal with that when we get there. For now we will just have to deal with it," I told her.

"Cool. You better get here soon if you want to spend any time with us. Your mate is waiting man!!"

I didn't need any more prompting. I stripped my clothes off and quickly shifted. Trotting I made my way back to the pack house. Once I cleared the tree line I kept low and silently snuck up behind my mate who was too busy playing with Eli to notice me.

When I was right behind Quinn I stood right behind him and completely blocked the sun from him. He tilted his head back to look at me and when he did I gave him a big, wet, slobbery kiss across his face. He squealed in surprise and wiped him face clean with his sleeve and looked up to me again with happiness in his eyes and a big smile.

He opened his arms and turned to face me and I quickly stepped up to him and let him wrap his arms around my neck. He buried his face in my fur and let out a content sigh. After a moment of him hugging me he let to and pulled my ear with a quick tug. I looked at him in confusion as he ran a few steps away from me. I was still confused until he turned and faced me with a mischievous smile. He wanted me to play with him!

I let out a small yip of excitement and bounded after him. He ducked as I made a light snap at him and I let him get away. He avoided me and ran another few steps away. The rest of the pack got into the game and we were soon all running around nipping and playing with each other. They were all careful to be gentle with my mate but not so much so with each other.

Stephanie was playing too and as everyone played we started getting a little rougher. As werewolf's we healed fast so we could afford to play rough. I shielded my mate from the rougher play while I still ran with him and Luke trotted up to Stephanie. She saw him coming and when he was beside her she grabbed a handful of his fur and hoisted herself up onto his back and they continued playing.

Quinn stopped and looked at Luke and Stephanie with his lovely green eyes shining in amazement. He looked at me timidly before shaking his head and continuing playing. I knew he wanted to do that to but he was too shy to ask to I ran up to him and cut him off, forcing him to stop running.

I looked him in the eyes and lay down, motioning to him with my head to get on my back. He looked at me with hesitation and surprise.

"You'll let me get on your back?" he asked hesitantly and with more then a bit of hope.

I nodded yes and he quickly went over to my side. He put one leg over and gently placed with full weight on my back, which wasn't much, than he gently gripped my fur for balance.

I slowly stood up making sure he wasn't going to fall and by the time I was fully standing he feet were almost two feet from the ground. He let out an amazed laugh and ran one of his hands over my fur.

I slowly trotted over to the play and slowly integrated us back into the play. I was hopping and running and playing in no time and Quinn was having no trouble holding on. He was gripping more with his thighs then his hands, which left his hands free. He would reach out occasionally and pull one of the pack member's ears or fur so that he was in the play but he mostly stayed out of it because it was pretty rough.

After a while I still had a lot of energy but it was going to get dark soon. I quickly linked my pack, "Let's go on a quick run to get out the last of out energy. Just a twenty minute run then we will come back." I said quickly.

The play stopped and we looked to the forest, planning the route. Quinn was confused and Luke jogged up to my side with Stephanie.

"Better hold on!" Stephanie told Quinn with a large smile.

I looked up to Quinn to see him looking down to me smiling happily. I can tell that he trusts me enough to go through with this even though he has no idea what is going to happen.

I look forward and start with a trot and make my way into the wood. I then pick it up to a jog when I know that Quinn is secure. I worked my way up to a fast jog and finally the run. We are flying through the forest with the leaves rustling and the trees shooting past.

Quinn in laughing in joy and I howl with happiness that he is enjoying this. Running with a pack is a special thing that I am glad I could share with him so soon, and the face that he is enjoying it means so much more. The pack answers my howl with a chorus of howls and we continue to run.

Quinn looks over to Stephanie when she lets out a shrill whistle but I just focus on running. I already know what she is going to show him. Stephanie was been with us for years and she has mastered being able to jump from wolf to wolf while they are at a full run. I had to admit that it was pretty impressive and extremely useful because if something happens then she is able to go from wolf to wolf so she has the highest chance of being out of harm way while still being with the pack.

She jumped form Luke's back onto Isaac, then Alexander, then back to Luke. I glanced up to Quinn and saw that he was fascinated but too nervous to try. I was fine with keeping him on my back because I don't think he is strong enough to try that yet.

We continued our run and it was over sooner then I hoped for but it was getting cold and dark. We got back to the back yard of the pack house and Quinn slipped off of my back. Once he did Isaac came over to Quinn and started rubbing himself on Quinn.

Quinn chuckled as he did and after Isaac left then Liam cam up and did the same, and one by one so did the rest of the pack. I knew what they were doing and I couldn't help the happy yip that I let out and I couldn't stop my tail from wagging.

Once everyone had rubbed their scent on Quinn I came up to him and rubbed my face on his chest then looked at him. We looked at each other and after a second I raised up one of my large paws and rested it gently on his forehead. There was serge of power and a slight tingle as the new mind link was being established. Once it was finished I gave Quinn a big lick and the pack started yipping excitedly.

Quinn was now officially a part of our pack.

UGGGH this chapter took me so long to write..... First it got deleted half way through and then my cat started attacking me while I was trying to write and just, uhg. Well, it's up!! Hope it's a good one!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.6K 2.8K 50
The Badger Series (Book 2) Can be a stand alone. Warning: BoyxBoy Mason Badger is a teenage werewolf, he's living in the pack that his adoptive fa...
8.1M 354K 66
Throughout the whole of Evan's life, he was convinced he was a sinner. Raised by his psychotic brother who was the Alpha of his pack, Evan believes t...
709K 20.1K 29
First book of the series. This is my first boyxboy story, I hope you guys will like it. Sorry if you will find any mistakes in my gramma if you'll s...
106K 4K 50
The Badger Series (Book 1) Can be a stand alone. Warning: BoyxBoy Timothy is an Omega, he lost half of his vision after he was beaten for something...