The Keys

By SivanGalperin

Kelly Hope is a girl who has a personality as fiery as her hair. She is argumentative, stubborn, and differen... More

Prologue
Chapter Two - Goodbye
Meeting Henry! part 1
Meeting Henry! part 2
Joining Forces

Chapter One - The Invasion

217 5 7
By SivanGalperin

"Hey, you learn fast!" Kenny said. "You even learned faster than I did!!!"

"Well, when I was young, my dad let me fake sword fight with a wooden sword, so I know a little bit." I told him.

"So you just wanted to learn more tactics?" He asked.

"Yup!"

He sighed. "Very well... But I warn you: if you would have warned me, I would have given you a harder lesson!" He told me.

~A week later~

We headed back home from the cave when someone ran toward us, yelling "To the castle! To the castle! All go to the castle! We are being invaded!!!"

"Come on!" Kenny took my hand and led me towards the castle.

"Great! They couldn‘t invade AFTER I finished perfecting my skills?!" I asked no one in particular.

~A couple minutes later~

"Archers, to the battlement!" The fighting master yelled directions at everyone. "All sword fighters get ready for the upcoming battle!" I wished I could join them as Kenny left me to get ready.

"Don't do anything reckless!" He yelled to me as he ran off.

Reckless? Me?

Doesn't he know better?

Well, he may be right about that... But when it comes to duels, I got a record!

"All non-fighters, go to the main hall!" The fighting master's voice rang out in the corridor.

What?! But there's no way of getting any action there!

Oh... I guess that may be the whole point...

Well, at least I'm an archer, so that's something...

Girls are allowed to be archers, but under no circumstances are they allowed to be sword fighters...

UGH!

It's a pain in the neck if you ask me!

It sucks! Well, for me at least; I'm the only girl that I know of that wants to even learn how to fight with a sword. All the other warrior girls like archery.

And the rest are too girlie or snobby to care!

Not to mention, afraid of getting hurt or stuff like that...

A messenger ran to the fighting master as I was preparing for the oncoming fight. "We are missing two kids!" he told him.

Oh no!

I have to go find them; I can find them without being found and captured. It is NOT the way of a warrior to be caught easily...

*on the other side of the castle*

"John, shouldn't we go to the main hall?" I asked my brother.

"No way Jane!" He told me. "We'll go and fight the villains, and then we'll become heroes!"

"I prefer to be safe rather than being a hero!" I whined. "Heroes nearly get killed all the time, and I don't want to get killed, John!"

"Be quiet or they'll find us!"

"Who? People from our side or those from the other side?" I asked him, terrified to be found by the pirates.

" I don't know... And shouldn't pirates be in the water, anyway?!" He pointed out the strange condition of our predicament. "We live far away from water, so why would pirates come here...?"

Just then, the door started to open. "Hide!" we hissed at one another. We ran off to the corner and hid behind some boxes.

A fiery red haired girl came through the door. I know her! "Kelly Hope!" I shouted, running out of the hiding place to hug her. My brother muttered angrily at me.

"Oh great! You gave us away!!!"

~Kelly Hope's POV~

I was running and looking for the missing kids. All of a sudden, I stopped and listened; I heard someone talking on the other side of a nearby door. It sounded like a little girl.

I opened the door a little bit, so as to not frighten them; the kids weren't there.

All of a sudden, the girl's voice from earlier yelled out "Kelly Hope!" before I was being hugged by a little girl...

"Oh great! You gave us away!!!" A little boy's voice came from the corner as he revealed his hiding spot; behind a bunch of boxes.

"So, you were trying to go fight the invaders?" I presumed. They both nodded. "Cool, I'll join you guys! But first, you need to do as I say, and if it gets too dangerous, you guys have to go back to the main hall."

"aye, aye sir!" They both said, saluting me.

"HEY! I'm a girl!" I reminded them before muttering under my breath, "...No matter how much I wish I wasn't..."

I heard something outside the door; chuckling... Three guys entered the room, two chuckling, and the other smiling and staring at my hair. Oh great; the pirates found us... "Did you hear that?" One asked the others. "They want to fight us... Let's see what they got..." He started advancing on us.

I quickly looked around, trying to find something to fight with... Wait! My bow and arrows! He was far enough away to use them.

I took an arrow out of my quiver and loaded it on my bow. "One more step, and I shoot!" I warned him while looking for a way to get the little kids out of there.

The pirate stopped and looked at me sceptically. "You're not really gonna do that, are you, little girl?" I pulled back on the bow's string. "What if we all ganged up on you? How will you protect yourself then?"

He was right there... I can't shoot as fast as they can walk, but I could at least take down as many as I'm able, and then I'll hold them off long enough for the kids to run away...

Then, one of the kids came and whispered to me, "Hey, we can all escape out of the window; there's a ladder out there."

"Jane goes first, then John, then I will." I instructed them."Go!"

I shot one arrow at an approaching pirate as Jane climbed the ladder with John on her heels. They ran towards me, forgetting about the kids and trying to take out the nearest threat; me...

Both the kids were out the window, so I ran towards the ladder, shot one last time, and climbed the ladder.

But then, someone climbed behind me and grabbed my ankle... MY ANKLE!!! How dare he?!

I kicked his face with my other foot, holding on with my hands. Oh, come on!

You know you would have done the same if you were in my situation!!!

But he didn't let me go - irritating me furthermore. I kept kicking him over the head. "LET GO OF MY ANKLE!"

He only tugged on my ankle harder. I don't get him!

Does he want to make me fall and capture me, or to kill me?!

Or both?!?!

"Come on darling," WHAT?! I am not ANYONE'S 'Darling'! "Just come with us; we won't hurt you."

Yeah right!

Like I'll ever believe him!

He's just trying to take me prisoner!

Then I noticed a mosquito flying towards him...

Ha ha ha! I'll be saved by a mosquito...

Whoa, owing my life to a mosquito... Weird!

Then an especially hard tug pulled my hands free of the ladder's rungs as I fell, only to be caught by one of the other pirates, who then restrained me.

"Stupid mosquito!" He yelled before killing my near-saviour.

"HEY!!!" I yelled at him. "Killing innocent heroic creatures isn't very nice!" I told him.

"Neither is biting my butt!" I laughed at his obvious discomfort.

"That's what you get for kidnapping me!"

"It's not the same thing! I was only trying to capture my exotic red-haired beauty; it's completely different!"

"Your WHAT?!?!" I screamed at him. "I'm not your ANYTHING!!!"

"On the contrary, you are now; seeing as we've caught you. I have never seen such beautifully bright red hair... It's magnificent! And I love the mesmerizing beauty of red haired girls."

"Oh great..." I muttered sarcastically in response to his nonsensical babbling. "There are other girls with red hair, you know! And I am NOT exotic!"

"But you are, my lovely!" He insisted. "Never have I ever seen such bright red hair such as yours!"

"You haven't been out much, have you?"

"I've been out enough to know that your color of red is so rare that you may be the only one of your kind."

"Hey! Watch it, buddy!" I said as I slapped away his hand as it reached towards my face, as if to hold my chin in place. YUCK!

 "My lovely exotic-haired beauty, it's my pleasure to meet you. I am called the Pirate Boss." He bowed to me and said, "I am at your service."

"Oh, is that so?" I asked. "Then let me go, and leave me be!"

"Sorry my darling, but that is, unfortunately, impossible. I am much too attracted to your exotic hair."

Seriously?!

Who is attracted to hair?!

WEIRDO!

"Hey boss, should we call off the attack now that you have her, or should we continue until we have every single red haired girl in the kingdom?" One of his minions asked as they led me out of the castle, and to their hideout.

I tried to free myself, so I struggled against the Pirate Boss. I even hit him with all my strength!

But to no avail...

"Hmm... Let me think about it..." He scratched his head. "If we stay, we might win, but she may run away... And if we leave, she will be forever mine, but I will not get to see if there are any other red-haired girls... Hmm..."

I mentally debated making him stay so that I may have time to run away... But if I did, he will hurt people... Yet, if I don't, I will be his prisoner forever, and will never learn how to sword fight...

"How about neither?" I asked, getting strange looks from my kidnappers.

"How can we not stay, and not leave at the same time?!" They looked perplexed and astonished at my solution.

"Well, there are a few things you can do..." I said. "One of them is let me go, leave, and leave everyone alone. The Second is becoming good people. And the third is DEATH!"

The pirate boss laughed at me. "It still doesn't make any sense."

"Whatever!" I snapped and stomped on his foot, causing him to let go of my hand and clutch his aching foot.

I started running, not caring which direction I go, as long as I get away from them... Then I thought of all the people at the castle...

More people = more help...

Yeah, I can do math!

So I tried finding my way to the castle without getting caught, which is quite a difficult task, you know!

~Kenny's POV~

I hope she didn't do anything reckless... But knowing Kelly, she probably did.

"Kenny!" I heard two voices call for me from far off to my right. I turned to see two kids coming towards me.

"Hey John, hey Jane, what are you doing here?!" I asked, worried for their safety. "Shouldn't you be hiding in the main hall? Pirates are still on the loose!"

They exchanged a look. "We kind of know... We bumped into three of them."

"WHAT?!?!" I screamed. HOW ARE THEY STILL ALIVE?!?!

"Yeah, but Kelly saved us... Well, before she was kidnapped, that is..." John told me.

Oh no! Kelly!!! I told you not to do anything reckless!

And what do you do?

SOMETHING RECKLESS!!!

"I'm on it!" I told them before running off in to the direction they said the pirates went off into. "And go to the Main Hall already!"

"Kelly! Kelly!" I yelled off every few seconds.

"Kenny?" A far away voice yelled for me. Kelly!

I saw her not too far off, but when we reached each other, I bumped into her. Oww! My head!

"Come on!" She urged me. "They're still after me!"

We ran off towards the castle, hearing a voice call out "Come out, come out wherever you are, my exotic red-haired beauty?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.7K 1K 35
"I no longer want you." Emperor Richard de Tristaine fumed as he looked upon the woman he was ready to abandon just a few weeks ago. "You don't mea...
163K 6.1K 60
[Everything is fine but you will die no matter what you do โ˜…] [Synonym for a shitty game of luck โ˜…] [Is there anyone who has seen an ending other tha...
34.4K 1.6K 24
""SIT THERE AND TAKE IT LIKE A GOOD GIRL"" YOU,DIRTY,DIRTY GIRL ,I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE BOOK๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒš
60.6K 1.7K 23
"๐œ๐š๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ข'๐ฏ๐ž ๐ก๐š๐ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ , ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ง๐จ ๐จ๐ง๐ž'๐ฌ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐ง๐ข๐ง๐ , ๐š๐ง๐...