Forgotten Darkness (Naruto Fa...

By gaara119

Keira- a young, hurt girl who longs for companionship. Driven out of every village, she eventually arrives at... More

Forgotten Darkness
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chappter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Author's Note
Thank You
Playlist

Chapter Fourteen

23.4K 1K 460
By gaara119

"Sasuke... I'm at point B."

"Sakura, I'm at point C."

"..... Naruto, I'm at point A, believe it!"

"..................."

"You're slow, Naruto. Keria?" Kakashi asks.

"Hm? Oh, yeah, I'm at point D." I said boredly, speaking in my normal voice.

He sighed. "Try to have a little more enthusiasm, Keira. Okay, Team 7... Huh?" He paused, then, "The target has moved! Follow it!" I casually jumped to another tree, following our stupid target. They really didn't need to be so melodramatic.

"What's your distance from the target?" Kakashi asked.

"Five meters. I'm ready, just give the signal." Naruto informed.

"I'm ready to," Sasuke said seriously. He didn't ask if you were ready, he asked your distance from the target!

"So am I!" Sakura agreed.

"I'm about ten meters away, about to watch a bunch of idiot genin make fools of themselves!" I say brightly.

"Who?" Naruto asked. We all sweat dropped.

"Okaaaaayyy... now!" Kakashi ordered. They all sprang at the cat, but I simply dropped down from the tree.

"I got him, I got him!" Naruto cried out.

"Can you verify the ribbon on its right ear?" Kakashi asked.

"Affirmative, we've got a positive I.D." Sasuke really needed to lighten up. We were chasing down a cat, for Kami's sake. He didn't need to try to sound so professional and... uptight.

"Alright. Lost Pet Tora captured. Mission accomplished."

"Can't we get a better mission than this? I hate cats!" Naruto shouted in the earpiece. Due to my sensitive hearing... my eardrums were just about blown out. I sank to the ground, clutching my ears in pain.

"Ow. Ow. Ow." I mutter.

Naruto comes up right next to me. "OH, I'm so sorry Keira-chan!" He shouts, "Believe it!"

I turn and glare at him, "You apologize for shouting in my ear... by shouting in my ear." He sheepishly scartches his head with the hand that isn't holding the cat. I catch the cats eye, and it opens its mouth to hiss at me, but I beat him to it. "Hsssssssssssss." I hiss at him.

The cat closes its mouth, thouroughly confused. I smirk. I hate cats.

We travel back and return the cat to his owner. The fat lady promptly squishes it into a hug in her happiness. "Haha! Stupid cat, that kitty deserves to be squashed!" Naruto laughed. I lay a hand on his shoulder.

"You shouldn't laugh at others pain, even if you believe they deserve it." I say quietly. He looks slightly startled, blue eyes looking into my yellow ones.

"No wonder he ran away," Sakura stared in facinated horror. We turn and make are way to get another mission.

"Now then," the Hokage says in his raspy voice, "For squad seven we have several available tasks. Among them is babysitting the chief counseler's three year old, helping his wife with the shopping, digging up potatoes--" The Hokage is interrupted by Naruto.

"Nooooo!" He cries out, holding his hands in an X. "I wanna go on a real mission, something fun and challenging, not this little kid stuff! C'mon old man!"

I hear Sasuke think, He's got a point.

And Sakura seemed to almost complete the thought, But he's such a pain!

Hehh... I knew this was coming, Kakashi thinks.

Naruto's impudence set off Iruka's and The Hokage's lecture. I didnt want to do anything to get on his bad side, so I listened closely to both of them. The others on my team decided to listen to Naruto's rant about ramen.

"Huh?" The Hokage seemed to just notice that no one but me was paying attention.

"So, I had this tonkotsu ramen yesterday, and I'm thinking miso ramen today,"

"Silence!" The Hokage demanded.

"Oh, Sorry." Kakashi apologized, not even bothering to sound like he meant it.

"Why can't you pay more attention, like Keira? She listened to my entire lecture!" I cringe internally. Baka Hokage.

What a suck up, Naruto thinks.

Try hard, Sakura glares slightly.

Hn? I thought she was just spacing out. She probably was, and is just going with what the Hokage said. Little liar. Sasuke.

"Eh! You always lecture me like you're my grandfather or something! But I'm not the little brat who used to pull pranks all the time! I'm a ninja now, and I want a ninja mission! Hm!" He sticks his nose in the air like a spoiled brat.

I'm going to here about this later, Kakashi thinks lazily.

The Hokage suddenly gives in, allowing us to have a C rank mission. "You will be escorting the client back to his home in the Land of Waves." He explains. I stare at him in surprise. He really gave in to Naruto's tantrum?

"Who who who who who? A princess? An important coucil member?" Naruto questions hyperly.

"Be patient, I'll introduce him now. Send in the client!" The Hokage raises his voice.

We all stare, captivated, as the man slowly opens the door. The first thing I see is the sake bottle. I wrinkle my nose and back away slightly. I knew from experince to always be cautious around drunks.

"Mm? This is who I get to protect me? They're a bunch of snot nosed kids! Especially that short one, with the idiotic look on his face! Am I really suppposed to believe he's a ninja?"

"Hahaha! Who's the short one with the idiotic look on their face?" Naruto questions. We all line up. Sasuke is the tallest, Sakura second tallest, and I was slightly shorter then Naruto. I stare in shock at that slight centimeter that made him taller than me.

"He's talking about you, Keira! Haha!" I glance around. None of my teammates are defending me. I even see Sakura smirk slightly. So I take matters into my own hands.

"Naruto," He freezes when I use my cold, hard, emotionless voice. I had warmed up slightly to my team, so I usually had a kinder tone than this. "Do I look like I have an idiotic look on my face?" I say quietly.

No, but she has a very scary one. Everyone thinks.

"And besides... do I look like a guy to you?" I feel Naruto and Sasuke's view drop to my chest, which was barely larger than Sakura's. Okay, that's a lie. It was probably the same size. It's not my fault they're small! I feel my anger grow and I whack the side if his head. He snaps out of it.

"Wait, but that means if you aren't who he was talking about... I'll demolish you!" Naruto shouts. Kakashi grabs the back of his shirt.

"We're supposed to protect the client, not demolish them, Naruto," He says tiredly. "Meet at the gates in 30 minutes." We nod and leave.

I pack, fitting as many weapons on my body as possible. It was instinct to be as prepared as possible when traveling for me. I get to the gate ten minutes early, and sit in the shadow of the tree. Once everyone arrives, they begin looking for me.

I step out of the shadows and Naruto sees me. His eyes grow wide. "YOU STEPPED OUT OF THE TREE!" I give him a look that lets him know exactly how stupid I thought that sentance was.

"She stepped out of the tree's shadow, dobe." Sasuke mutters.

"Yeah? How was I supposed to know that, teme?" He shouts.

"By looking?" I say.

Sasuke smirks and nods. Naruto blushes and we all finally step out of the gates.

"Woooohooo!" Naruto shouts.

"Why are you so excited, Naruto?" Sakura questions.

"This is my first time outside the village. I'm a traveler, believe it!" He yells.

"Now that you mention it, this is my first time out of the village as well. What about you, Sasuke-kun?"

He simply nods. They all turn to me. Then Sasuke scoffs slightly, as if remebering something. "She's an outsider, she came into the village. Of course she's been outside the gates before." Tears prick the back of my eyes.

"Wow! That's so cool! Where have you been?" Naruto asks. I smile slightly, glad he was making the best out of this situation.

"I said before, I've been to the five great Nations."

"When did you say that?"

"Seven years ago." I throw out casually.

"Well how was I supposed to remember that!?!" Naruto shouts. I laugh slightly as he continues to make excuses. I notice Sasuke looking at me and I raise my eyebrows. He looks away. I shouldn't have said that about her being an outsider. It obviously upset her, my teammate. I wish I could take it back.

I smile sligtly and look at him. "You just did." I say. His shocked face was priceless as I sped ahead.

I think my team is starting to accept me... I think, still smiling inside.

_________________________________________________________

Look, I got out Chapter Fourteen to you!

Aw, Sasuke felt bad. But they're all starting to make friends!

Comment! Vote!

Bye!

gaara119

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 5K 25
Kiyomi is Gaara's childhood friend, but she had to leave him just when he needed her most. She is now apart of the Hidden Mist Village. Yet her life...
1.2K 246 29
"Since you supported me then, I think it's safe to assume that you support me now, and you'd support me in the future. I wanted to confide in you bec...
3.6K 71 70
It has been two years...Aceso is about to be on her way back to the Leaf Village. First, she has to help rescue Gaara...then from there everything st...
40.2K 1.3K 25
Naruto Uzumaki is the hot new singer in town. You hate him at first but a shocking secret will reveal your true feelings. "A long time ago, I moved c...