Huntress

De Kissmywhat

Peyton is no regular village girl, refusing to carry harvest baskets and wearing the appropriate dresses, she... Mais

Huntress (1)
The Bath (3)
Not So Great Escape (4)
Surrounded by darkness(5)

The Demand (2)

8.9K 390 47
De Kissmywhat

The werewolf set his jaw straight and glared at me.

"Indeed it is." He said and I couldn't help but move my bow to cover up more of my body.

"Peyton!" The Shaman boomed, "How dare you break the code!"

"Sorry," I muttered and the werewolf laughed.

"What is so funny mutt?" I said not holding back my tongue. The Shaman sighed yet again and I looked down at the ground in shame.

"Oh nothing I am just thinking over my demands one last time, and watch what you call the alpha of a werewolf pack."

"What would you need demands for?" I asked and he smirked.

"To bargain the life of your leader with, my darling." He said and before I could blink he had his hands wrapped around the Shaman's neck. I lifted my bow instinctively and gave a threatening glance at the monster.

"Stop being such a dramatic puppy and tell me what you want." I said and he laughed sharply.

"I've never been called that before. Tell me little girl, am I a cute puppy or an adorable puppy?" He teased me.

"You are a freaking annoying puppy!" I yelled and pulled back on the string of my bow.

"You." He said and I dropped my bow.

"Excuse me?" I asked confused.

"I want you to come with me, and in return I will leave this village, never come back, and spare the Shaman's pathetic life." He said sharply and I took a step back.

"No," I whispered. How could he put me in that kind of position. The Shaman shook his head no at me and I fought back the urge to curl into a ball and cry.

"Alrighty then." The werewolf said and began to strangle the Shaman.

"Wait, wait, wait." I yelled running up to him when the Shaman's face began to turn a ugly red.

"Let go of him." I said grabbing onto the werewolf's arm.

"What was that?" He teased me and I glanced at the Shaman's now purple face.

"I'll go with you alright! Now please let him go." I said and the werewolf let me pull his arms away from the Shaman's neck. I collapsed into the werewolf who held me upright and smiled. I glared at him through tears.

"Let's go then." He said and then howled loudly. I covered my ears and so did the Shaman.

"My men are called off." He said and I only nodded before standing upright. I wiped away my tears and grabbed my bow from the ground.

"You won't be needing that little girl." He said and rolled his eyes but I stood straighter.

"If I am coming with you, I get to bring my bow and arrows." I said and the werewolf shrugged.

"Whatever." He grabbed my arm and dragged me outside of the Shaman's house. I kicked him in the shin and he let go of me and glared.

"What the hell was that?" He asked, his eyes glazed in anger.

"I can walk on my own, I don't need your help." I said and began walking again.

"Other way darling." The werewolf chuckled and I blushed. I spun around and followed him in the other direction. I looked at all the villagers I had known since birth. My eyes scanned the rows of people watching the wolves and me walk away for my parents. They stood there along with my twelve year old sister and I bit my lip and blinked rapidly.

Once we exited my village I watched all the werewolves stop and form a circle.

"Ok since I am a man of my word, no one is to hunt around this village, if you are found hunting around this area you will be sentenced to jail. Now lets go home everybody." The alpha said and I watched all there bodies ripple, howls erupted and I stared in awe at the twenty or so wolves in front of me.

What are you thinking Peyton?! They are monsters, now shoot one. I raised my bow towards a silver coated male but my body was slammed into a tree before I could even grab an arrow.

"Don't you even think about it human." The alpha whispered sharply in my ear. Our bodies were pressed together, my bow caught in between us.

"Get off of me." I said and he only laughed before stepping back and shoving me into the tree harder.

"I'm the alpha, as in the main man, as in the boss so don't tell me what to do." He growled and I rolled my eyes.

I searched my one pocket for a piece of thin cloth. Finding one I tied my blonde hair up high and put my bow on my shoulder.

"Well then, where are we going?" I said with an expectant gaze.

After two hours of walking we finally made it to a huge rock wall. Down the side was a waterfall that flowed into a medium sized pool of water. It was gorgeous to say the least. Water flowed down the side and the alpha threw a smile at me. I blushed and followed him to the wall.

"We have to climb up about fifteen feet and them go under the water into a cave. Can you do that?" He asked and I folded my arms.

"Of coarse I can." I said and he chuckled. I was tempted to stick my nose up, but I held back in fright of being teased more.

"Follow me than."

I stuck my booted foot on a rock and felt up for another sturdy rock for my hands to grip onto. I hefted myself up and followed the alpha up. He stopped and waited for me.

"You don't have to wait for me, just keep on going." I said annoyed that he thought I would need him to wait and slow down for me.

"I would never slow down for you." He said back, equally annoyed, "We are here, now get on my back."

"Why?" I asked and inched a bit away from him.

"Because the rocks are slippery and your little fur boots won't have enough traction and I don't want to clean up your bloody mess after you fall twenty feet." He said and I sighed. Dang I didn't want to fall twenty feet either. I slowly moved back to him and hitched my leg over his back and hooked it around him. He hoisted me up by grabbing my arm and slinging it over his shoulder. After I was on he slowly and carefully went closer to the waterfall. I ducked my head when we first hit the water and held in a smile. We climbed under the water and I closed my eyes, five seconds later I felt myself falling.

"Ah!" I screamed when I heard a laugh and felt someone grab my hand.

"Chill girl," the alpha's voice rushed over me and I opened my eyes and gripped onto him tighter.

"Oh my gosh, don't let me go." I said panicked.

"It's ok. Now stop hugging me." He chuckled and I opened my eyes. I let go of him and folded my arms.

"I was just holding onto you for dear life, not hugging you." I pointed out.

"Whatever you say sweetheart." He rolled his eyes and I blushed.

"My name is Peyton, not sweetheart, not darling."

"Whatever you say Peyton." He said with a glitter or mischief in his eyes.

"Yeah it is whatever I say." I said then blushed at the horrible comeback.

Why do I even blush so much?!?!

"Ok then, but welcome to the pack Peyton."

"Welcome to the pack?" I asked and saw him smile.

"Well we claim you as our little human pet so welcome to the pack." The alpha explained and I took a step back.

"Oh heck no, you don't claim me. No one does. I'm not a pet." I said, my voice shaking with every step.

"Peyton that's not how I meant it." He said taking a step closer to me. A pet?

"You just said 'we claim you as our little human pet'. Why did you even have me as a demand?" I yelled. Why do these werewolves even want me.

"Everyone leave!" The alpha yelled and I flinched and took another step back until water dripped down my already wet back. The few standing around us scattered like fish in the sea.

"Now we can talk without an audience." He sighed and I glared at him.

"No now there isn't any witnesses to see your death." I said and he laughed darkly.

"You think you can kill me?" He said and took two long strides so our chests were only centimeters apart.

"I chose you because I have never seen someone so stupid!" He yelled and I wanted to take another step back, but knew if I did, the waterfall would take me down with its torrents of water.

"Stupid?" I said and pushed him back, "I am not stupid, you are."

"And how am I stupid?"

"For asking to take me with you as one of your demands, in fact making that your only demand is even stupider." I said and he glared at me.

"Just go to your room or something." He yelled and stormed off inside the cave.

"I don't even have a freaking room! How could I? It's a freaking cave!" I yelled at his retreating form.

Continue lendo