The Reluctant Hero

Door Samantha2611

He stood on the balcony, watching the city below. His trained eyes flickered from one event to the next; the... Meer

Summary.
Getting the assignment.
My Parents.
Flowers.
Fighting the teenager.
If Looks Could Kill.
Crashing the beach party of one.
The giant green ogre wants to know if I'm crazy.
A pirate tries to interrogate me.
I become a God and I still have to do tests!? Really?!!
Beating the cr*p out of cap.
Now the Ogre knows I'm crazy.
What dreams are made of.
Pizza?
Behind the mask, there lies the pain.
Apollo's also the God of Truth.
Slapping Dreams in the face.
Stark+God=Boom! :)
Soft blue sheets. Harsh red dreams.
El Idioto
Of Teams and Vultures.
A whole new world.
Question Time!
Different versions of Hell.
Looking Up?
Run, Rabbit, Run!
Elbows and Make-up
Car park Coliseum.
Bada-bing, bada-BOOM!
Mercy or Kill?
The "Abe Rudder Show".
That Admiral Dude
Memorials and Revelations

Prologue: What happened in the giant war.

14.3K 338 924
Door Samantha2611

Percy P.O.V

There was screaming.

Jason was dead. His blood coating the rusted, bronze spear that had been plunged through his torso as he protected Piper; it's tip piercing through his back.

Piper was dead. Her head rolling on the blood-soaked floor, kaleidescope eyes glossing over as the last echo of life faded away: she'd been decapitated by a monster while she cried over Jason's mangled body.

Frank was dead. A giant had snapped his neck-the blood was still pouring out of his mouth-a terrible waterfall-a twisted reminder of his ancestry.

Hazel was dead. Her insides draped across floor around her, staining it brown, an empousia had disembowelled her. 

Leo was dead. He'd been torn apart by Telkines, they each grabbed one limb and pulled. The sound of his body being ripped apart would never leave me.

Clarisse was dead. She'd been burned alive, her calloused skin melted, a cruel visage of her father's war flames.

Thalia was dead. She'd taken a poisoned arrow to the heart, a hunter to the end. Her favourite t-shirt stained red with murky green, as if her life blood and killer had been combined to create a disgusting replica of a swamp in that place.

Grover was dead. When they cut him down, he's been protecting a forest of nymphs, his love of the wild never leaving. Even in his dying breath. Even as his blood splattered the trees around him.

Reyna was dead. She'd given too much of her strength to her legion, committed to her family, a true Roman. Her soul had simply been stretched too thin: she might not even have made it to the underworld.

Rachel was dead. She'd fought alongside demigods and monsters with just a knife by her side. An oracle isn't a warrior though and she was killed too, stabbed through the eyes, eyes that would never again see a prophecy, bits of which were now trodden into the mud.

Nico was dead. He'd been held  under water until he drowned, his eyes were still frozen in a look of absolute terror, suffocated and screaming in his uncle's domain.

Will was dead. He'd been drenched in  poison and acid while trying to save Nico. His skin burned then infected; one thing that even a son of Apollo couldn't heal. Lying next to his love, their final resting places side by side.  Their hands just millimetres from each other. So close. Yet so very far.

The Stolls were dead. They'd been blown apart by a bomb hidden in the grass. Now that grass was red. Beads of crimson rolling off the emerald blades, crushing them where parts of the pranksters were scattered. It would take days to give them a proper burial.

Katie was dead.  Her skull crushed like a grape by a giant so that she barely had a head left.

My friend's were lying across the battle field in pools of blood and worse, surrounded by mountains of gold dust, bodies still warm. Eyes forever frozen in sadness and terror.

It was just Annabeth and I left. We'd started with hundreds in the centre of the field, now the rest had been butchered or herded away. We'd been fighting back to back a moment ago, but we'd been separated when the Minatour decided it was the right time to try to kill me again. Now we were on opposite sides of the battle field. I couldn't see her.

But I heard her scream.

I looked round and saw Gaia with Annabeth in her grasp.

"Annabeth!" I screamed over the fighting, in the brief moment I let my guard down Gaia clapped me in chains, chains that could only be broken with powers stronger than the God.

Taunting me all the while, she proceeded to torture Annabeth. I was screaming at her; struggling uselessly against my chains, until my throat and wrists bled. The Gods and Demi-Gods who were left watched in horror.

Then Gaia decided she'd had enough; she plunged her hand into Annabeth's chest and tore out her heart, blood spurted from her body, fragments of ribs sent flying. Then Gaia ate half of Annabeth's heart!

My vision clouded in a mist of blood and all I heard were Annabeth's screams. I tore myself out of the chains and ran to her, just in time to hold her in my arms as she died, her chest wide open, gurgling blood.

"Don't try to follow me too soon S-seaw-weed B-brain." She gasped out, "You have to live." She coughed, the last of her blood trickling out of her mouth. "I love you Percy and I always will." She smiled at me, one last time, her teeth stained ghastly red.
"I love you too Annabeth, more than anything." I whispered back as her eyes dimmed and what was left of her ravaged body fell limp in my arms.

I screamed. All of my sorrow, my grief and my pain released in one horrible sound. Sending shock-waves over the battlefield.

I stood up, over the body of the love of my life. My soul mate. My one and only.I turned to Gaia. And I glared my wolf glare at her. 

The Mother of the Earth took a step back.

"How dare you." I sounded strangely calm: the sea was always calm right before it's worst storms, before it decimated life, "You have killed my friends. You have killed my family. And now you have killed the love of my life."

She seemed to recover herself, though she still looked nervous, as she should be.

"Foolish demigod, I am the earth mother! You cannot defeat me."

"And I'm mad." Whether I meant angry or insane I wasn't so sure. And neither was anyone else.

Shards of glass and bullets of cold rain whipped around me as I charged in a ferocious hurricane, the blood of my family merging itself in with the water, shimmering gold with the remains of monsters. The ground shook and pulsed in time with my rage.

The fight was long and bloody, but I wasn't going to allow her to go unpunished for what she'd done. For who she'd killed.

Finally I saw an opening, I lunged and stabbed my sword into Gaia's heart. She looked down in surprise then looked back up at me. At that moment Gaia, mother of all, Primodial child of Chaos, knew fear. Then she burst into golden dust, brighter, yet dirtier, than any monster's.

The battle field was quiet, only the groans of the dying and the wounded could be heard.
I collapsed by Annabeth's body and knelt there sobbing until a hand landed on my shoulder.

I whipped around and put my sword to the person's neck before I smelt the sea and realised, I dropped my sword and crumpled into my father's arms.

"Oh Percy, my baby boy. I am so sorry, son." I kept crying, burying my face into his chest.

It was finally over.

And everyone was dead.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

After that I remember the smell of the sea mixing with the metallic taste of blood, a flash of bright light and the sudden transition from a dirty, stinking battle ground to the pristine throne room of Olympus. It didn't seem as bright as before, the marble dulled, darkened by the loss and grief felt throughout the room; staining it. Everyone had lost someone in the war. No one and nothing was spared the soul-shattering grief. We had lost friends, brothers, sisters, cousins, daughters, sons, nieces, nephews, loved ones...family.

"Young heroes." Zeus had decided it was time to speak, his voice was hollowed by the loss of his children, "You have fought bravely, you have survived and you have seen horrors you should never have had to. We have decided that you deserve rewards; you will all get three wishes, anything you want that is within our power. However, bare in mind that we, regretfully, cannot raise the dead." He looked genuinely remorseful.

The Olympians went through the room, granting everyone's wishes. The surviving heroes were all young, the ones who had barely known about the Gods for a year, the ones my friends and I had worked so hard to keep from the front lines. At least I succeeded in something.

They wished for things like a good home, new weapons and better things at camp, a proper burial site for our dead. I knew what I was going to wish for, I'd known since the Lord of the Skies had started to speak. I would not wish for death, she would never forgive me if I did and I could never disappoint her.

Eventually, they got to me.

"Perseus, you are the last surviving general, the last of the seven, the last of the original warriors. You have done more than any other demigod in history and you are a leader of both camps. What do you wish for?" Zeus sounded respectful when he spoke to me, gone were the days when I was a pawn, easily squashed under foot. He was no longer the arrogant God who constantly debated the convenience of killing me. Now I was respected, for I had fought and lost in the name of Olympus, in the name of my fallen comrades and in the name of those yet to come and I knew what I wanted.

"I wish for there to be a portal linking the two camps, we have fought together, we have made and lost friends with each other. It isn't fair to keep us apart anymore.

Second, Hades and Hestia are powerful, they are children of Kronos and Rhea just like you are and without them we would've lost both wars so I say that they deserve thrones as well, and finally-" I looked at the Gods, the Demigods and everyone else, I looked at my Dad, allowing all my sadness to show in my eyes, letting him, and anyone else who was stupid enough to look, see what I was now. A tear escape his eyes.

"Finally, I wish to be cut off from the Gods and the world of Greek and Roman mythology until I am ready to return." Everyone looked sad, but they understood, well at least they tried to. I held my head high, meeting the King of the God's eyes.

Zeus looked at me, the broken saviour of Olympus, and spoke sadly, "It will be a great loss, however, we shall grant all your wishes. You deserve it." Two thrones appeared, one of obsidian and bone, the other of warmth and hope, Hecate was called and the portal was made and I was preparing to say my good byes when-

"Stop. We are not done." A rasping female voice, like rustling, scratching parchment and papyrus, as old as time. It was the Fates.

Well, Styx. Couldn't they just leave me alone. 

"We are sorry, young one, but you are too powerful and too good to simply be a demigod, you were always destined to be more." I scoffed angrily, seeing straight through them.

"No! I am not becoming a God! I want to live my life, grow old, die and be with my Wise Girl again! If I'm immortal, I'll never be able to see her again! If I'm so damn good then why are you always making my life hell!?!" The Fates looked genuinely remorseful, but I didn't care, if they made me a God I would never see Annabeth again!

"We are sorry young Hero, but it is your destiny."

They didn't give me any more time to protest after that, the last thing I saw was the Gods looking sad and angry before I felt momentous pain and fell to one knee. I breathed in; my last mortaI breath, then I inhaled, grunted and got up again to be greeted by amazed faces.

I raised an eyebrow, too tired even to ask.

"People normally black-out when they're turned into Gods. You didn't."
I shrugged.

"What is he the God of?" My father asked that, I suppose it was important to the Gods, I wonder if Annabeth would be proud of me. I sighed.

"He is the God of many things, he is powerful, however, know that he will not threaten you Zeus without good reason."
Zeus nodded uneasily, he didn't seem happy about me being powerful. That almost made up for it. Almost. A ghost of a smile almost played across my lips. Almost. Nothing could ever make up for being separated from Annabeth. And Zues knew I would always be loyal. I had done enough to prove that, even to him.

"He is the God of Loyalty, heroes, swordsmanship, natural disasters, courage and bravery, sacrifice-" I laughed bitterly at that one "-pegasi, ice," The Fate who was speaking became sader," nightmares, soldiers, leaders and veterans."

The next fate started to speak, this one's vioce more serpantine and brittle than sandpaper. "Of soulmates, true love, despair, perseverance and determination, great prophecies, protection and protectors, seaweed-as a testament to his lost love-along with architecture and blue food." I almost wanted to smile at that. They were trying to make up for what they were doing and I could uphold what Anna-she loved for the rest of time.

The last fate started to speak, her voice deeer than the others. "Of earth and eathquakes-since his defeat of Gaia- and time-due to his defeat Kronos-he will earn other titles as his life progresses, but these are the ones he has earned in his demigodly life."

"What!" I was not happy."Now I'll never be left alone and Zeusy-boy here will never trust me! Do you find this funny?! Do you enjoy ruining my life?!" They have split me up from my Annabeth and made it so that I will never be able to join her! What did I do to deserve this?!

"We are so sorry young hero, you truly do not deserve what has been forced upon you, but no-one else is strong enough for the burden." I snorted and chose my next words very deliberately.

"Fuck you, Fates." What they had done...I would never be anything resembling happy again. They bowed their heads in shame.

"Percy!" My dad actually seemed aghast at what I'd just said, along with all the other Gods and Demigods in the room. "You can't talk to the Fates like that!"

"Why not?" I shot back. "What do I have left for them to take from me?" Young demigods had tears in their eyes, they should never have had to see any of this, but I couldn't take away what had happened and I couldn't stay strong for them anymore. I'd failed.

"We are truly sorry. But you are needed, please recover. You will see the light in life once more." I  glared at them, my full-on wolf glare, they actually shivered and took multiple steps back and, when I didn't relent after a few seconds, full-on ran away. They proclaimed their work done and flashed out.

I almost laughed.

"Well......" Zeus seemed lost for words, "You are too powerful to be a regular God so you will be made an Olympian and once that's done I am assuming that your wish is still relevant." He still looked sad, I hated the pity in his eyes.
"Yes." My voice sounded cold and broken, even to me.

"Then let us begin." So they all shot me with beams of power, it hurt like Hades, but I'd been through worse.

A throne appeared once the light died down, it represented all my primary domains and values. It represtented me and it had everyone of the lost's names swirling on it, never to be forgotten. There would be no unknown soldiers  in this war and not for any demigod to come.

"Once we adjourn, I believe my brother and my sister wish to speak with you." And 12 of the now 15 Olympians flashed out leaving just me, my father and my aunt, Hestia (Zeus had flashed all the demigods back to camp, being their patron I could feel where they were and, it turned out, that camp was now one of my domains).

"Well son," I turned to my father and he almost flinched at my shattered eyes, "If you are going to be an immortal, then I want you to be part of my house-my immortal family." He presented me with a wicked, sea-green sword, "This is Tidal Wave, it's like RipTide, except made with Atlantian steel and can harm both mortals, demigods, monsters and immortals. Use it wisely, it is a mark of the House of Poseidon, I hereby name you Prince of the Seas, third in line for the throne of Atlantis and the Seas and King of the Eastern Ocean, as Triton is of the Pacific, I extend your power over water and give you a pernament place in the palace and kingdom if and when you chose to return and the loyalty of all creatures of the Sea." He smiled kindly at me. He was proud. My father accepted me fully. I would have been happy if what had just happened hadn't, instead I finally felt appreciated and hugged my father. Careful not to let him see the full extent of my grief. I had the feeling I would be doing that for a long time to come.

"Thank you, Father."
"Of course son, you more than earned it." Once we finished our hug, he smiled at me once more and flashed out. Then Hestia turned to me.

"Perseus."
"Lady Hestia."
"You are the bravest, purest hero I have ever had the delight of knowing and I would be incredibly thankful to you if you would do me the honour of being my champion. Will you?" I was shocked, this was unheard of, then again, what in my life wasn't.
"Of course, my Lady," Hestia was my favourite Olympian besides Dad, she cared about heroes and looked after anyone who asked for her protection, I respected anyone who protected others. "The honour wold be mine." She smiled and shot her beam of warm orange power at my chest, this time, instead of hurting, the blessing felt warm, it seemed to bring hope back into my life after it had been shattered so completely by the loss of my loved ones. If only the possability and not yet the real thing.

"Thank you, Lady Hestia."
"No, thank you Perseus. Know that you now have my powers and you will always be welcome with me and in my palace should you ever need it, you are hereby the prince of my domains." After that she smiled sadly, flashing out and I left Olympus to process what had happened and start mourning. There was no way I would ever get over the loss of my loved ones, but I could learn not to show it.

Once a leader always a leader I suppose.

A/n:

There you go, the first instalment.I hope you liked it.

I feel kinda sorry for Percy...

Sorry for the OOC-ness but it was necessary and a war like that would change them personally so...yeah. I'm the aurthor. :P

[edited]

-Samantha2611

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

312 7 14
So it's your normal Percy alone in Tartarus thingy alr except this time it follows canon events and I'm deeply sorry but there is no percabeth. Also...
198K 4.2K 41
#1 in Percabeth as of 08/05/2020 #2 in Antibullying as of 09/02/2021 P.S. This WHOLE BOOK is basically a trigger, so be warned. Annabeth Chase knows...
2K 103 15
Pain, That's what I feel... It's the only thing I feel. After I got out of that place I thought I would be free... That was all just a dream. I need...