Expect No Mercy

By RolyatEnaj_

"You're not going to run?" Her voice shocked me. It was so angelic, every word sounding musical and like hone... More

Expect No Mercy.
Prologue: Darkness.
Chapter One: The Perfect Picture.
Chapter Two: To Please.
Chapter Four: Giggles.
Chapter Five: Strawberries.
Chapter Six: Ignite and Flare.
Chapter Seven: Different.
Chapter Eight: Game of Tag.
A/N: (#1)
Chapter Nine: Anything to Keep You.
Chapter Ten: Bets with the Alpha.
Chapter Eleven: No words left.
Chapter Twelve: My personal heroine.
Chapter Thirteen: His Flesh.
Chapter Fourteen: Beautiful.
Chapter Fifteen: Sades

Chapter Three: Another Face.

6.6K 205 47
By RolyatEnaj_

A/N: Before you read, please know that this chapter ISN'T Matt's P.O.V. It is kind of a throwback in a different perspective.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------  

Favorite Comment(s) from L.U:

More omg I'll will die if there isn't more! Update fast please! I'm updating my status with this story! It's so addicting! It'd be a crime not to update! Please! - abbeympk

this is an awesome book. FINALLY a girl with some control in her life!!, update real soon pls - reaseykeo

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Three: Another Face.

Do you know what its like to be a criminal?

What its like to see your two hands and just remember exactly what you did with them?

What its like to have a that guilty conscience run though your head every time someone looked at you?

That maybe, just maybe, they knew your secret.

I'm that criminal.

Though, I wouldn't exactly be put under that category, but the amount of pain I've cause others, puts me under that title.

I was a criminal. I felt like one.

And, I probably am one.

Pulling at the thin fabric of my jacket, A shiver ran though my body like an infection as a whoosh of cold wind blew at my face. The building in front of me looking just the same and as familiar as always as I stood before it.

I sighed, shoving both of my hands into the secrets of my jacket, wanting them tucked away in the pockets instead of out in the open of view.

Just the sight of them had the blonde male reappearing in my thoughts.

His screams-

I blinked, forcing the horrid memories away as I heard a sinister chuckle echo in my head.

But, I just simply ignored it. Taking strides to the front door as I forced myself to it, feeling a whole lot better as my fingers grazed the ice cold metal.

Though before I can push it open, the door flung open itself, revealing a dark haired male that I mistakenly locked eyes with.

His calm face immediately formed into one of awe, the familiar mesmerized look taking over his hazel eyes as they took in my features, making me quick to put my head down.

Pulling over my hoodie, I blocked my face from the male, pushing myself through the small space left between the door frame and his figure, cursing as I felt his hand grasp at my elbow.

My body turned, his eyes boring into mine as they blinked, his arm falling back to his side as he tried to register what he just did.

"I'm sorry," He apologized, taking a step back. He looked confused, but when his eyes made it back to my face, they instantly went back to the blank awestruck most people fall back into.

When I took a step back, he seemed to snap out of it once again, clearing his throat as he realized how long he's stared.

"I'm sorry. Your just- Your really gorgeous," He complimented, making me flinch at the scratchy feeling building up in my throat.

I turned away quickly. Not bothering to reply back a thank you because it could strike up a conversation. A conversation I shouldn't have. Especially with a human.

Immediately, his hazel eyes reminded me of the petite girl from a week ago. The same mesmerized glint in hers matching the exact same glint in this male. Only difference was, the fright laced with hers as you could see the outline of my silhouette in her eyes.

I shook my head once again, really needing to find the one person who could help me.

Walking into the pretty vacant building, I sighed at the relieving heat it provided, needing my skin to be back to normal. Though a voice that spoke up had me pleased to hear because she was just the person I was looking for.

"Well, well, well. Look who decided to come back," She smiled, her arms clamped onto the edge of the beer counter, holding herself up as she looked me in the eyes.

I offered back a smile, pushing myself up onto one of the stools as I sat to face her, folding my hands neatly in my lap.

"Of course, I'd come back Stella. If I didn't, you'd come after me with your killer claws," I tried to joke, easily slipping into the comfort my one and only friend ever provided.

Stella was the only one who I felt that could stick around with me. For one, she did fall under the rest with the same exact reaction at first meeting, but the reason why I enjoyed having her around is because she doesn't do it anymore.

She's told me its because she's used to me being around, which is why she's not so surprised anymore, but she is the only person I can trust and lean to.

She knew what I was and was even helping me figure out more of what I am.

Because in all honesty, if she wasn't here for me, who was?

I didn't even know who my parents were, more or less, why I am the way I am.

She's practically all I had.

"Ahh, so she finally listens to me, huh?," she asked to no one, making me roll my eyes, but a humored chuckled escape my lips.

A comfortable silence fell over us for a bit, wrapping up all around us before it turned dead serious in her next words and expression," Did she feed?"

I swallowed guiltily, the exact image of the male blonde appearing in my thoughts in a matter of seconds before I shook it away once again.

"Yes," I answered, looking away from her eyes because I couldn't stand the assurance written in them.

She always said that its alright. That I didn't kill anyone.

But, in my eyes, I did.

It was my body. It was my hands.

It was my teeth.

"Yes, she did," I swallowed, once again putting my hands back into the pockets of my jacket.

I didn't want to think of it anymore, but the same image kept constantly reappearing in my head, just as every other face that I've memorized that was in the exact same state.  

The same dreamy look. The same want in their life dimming eyes. The same pale stricken features in their cheeks and lips.

I didn't want to add another face into the collection of horrid memories, but that wasn't even a choice.

It wasn't an option either.

Stella nodded, her hands drawing from cleaning the counter as she sat on the stool opposite of me, her greenish hazel eyes looking over at me with worry as she sighed.

"Adria," She paused, her blonde hair falling from the loose bun as she dipped her head down slightly.

But, I already knew what she was talking about. I knew they were keeping tabs on me.

"I know," I sighed. Closing my eyes tight, I could already feel my inner burden weigh so much within me as I bit onto my lower lip.

I really try to keep it on the down low. But, when she wants what she wants..

She gets it, right when she wants it.

"She needs to be more careful when she feeds. The pack- their tracking everything," Her eyebrows creased for a second, her eyes snapping up to something behind me as the door creaked, signalling someone had entered.

I felt myself stiffen at not just her words, but of the scent that belonged to the person who walked in.

It was a were.

She cursed under her breath, her eyebrows furrowing in irritation as she whispered lowly at me," You know where I live. But, be careful. The Alpha has doubled perimeter shifts."

She stood taller, transferring her attention to the person as I kept my head down, pushing myself off of the stool and towards the hallway and to the back exit, trying to keep myself as undetected as possible.

"Stella," A deep voice called, making me peek just a little to see who it was," Just the lady I'm looking for."

This was in fact, the Beta that has been persistent with my friends attention and I had to admit, he was good looking. But, Stella's irritation was obvious, cracking my thoughts.

"You- Didn't I tell you to stop coming here?," She asked, her figure rigid as she stood with her hands at her hips.

"I see your still the same babe as always," he chuckled, his black hair wavering along as he shook his head.

"What do you want?," She questioned, clearly irritated. And, it didn't take a deaf person to guess it.

You could feel her irritation a mile away.

He sighed, sitting in the exact stool I sat on, as he cupped his hands together on the counter, leaning over just as Stella stood over him. In a way, they did look like a great couple.

But, Stella's repeated and constant complaints about him before had me curious enough to watch a little more.

"Do you really want to know the answer to that?," He asked, making me chuckle internally.

"I am this close from throwing you out with my teeth," She seethed.

"Alright babe. Do please bite," He rolled his eyes, leaning back into the stool as he sighed," No worries. Ill be ditching soon. I need to attend some meeting, but I needed to see how my love was doing first." He winked, and I could have sworn you could see the steam flying out of her ears.

"Then, go attend your goddamned meeting and get the hell out of my sight!," She growled, her arm snaking out to grab at his collar and pull him up closer.

"And, how many times have I told you to stop calling me babe?"

"Many times. But, we both know I wont listen," He shrugged.

She sighed, releasing his shirt and flattening her clothes out before once again folding her arms," Damian, I don't have time for this. I need to meet up with someone and your wasting your time in here. Why don't you go and bother Matt or some chick?"

"Because I love annoying the hell out of you," He chuckled, making me smile.

They were definitely going to end up together.

Deciding it was time to leave, I shuffled out of there, pushing back out and feeling the cold wind once again meet my already chilled skin. I sighed, closing the door as softly as possible before pushing myself towards the treeline.

One thing that was for sure, I could get Stella into trouble and that was one thing I didn't want happening. I was already a burden to myself and I didn't want it to affect her.

- - -

"Hey! Just cause your some beautiful creature, it doesn't mean you can steal my man! Harry Styles is mine!," Stella exclaimed, her bowl of popcorn falling off of her lap and tumbling all over her living room floor.

"Damn," she cursed under her breath, picking it up quickly only to pout," My popcorn's ruined!" She wailed, tossing one over at me that I easily dodged.

Its been a while I've been over at her place, which is pretty much just me and her in. She's told me lots of times how her family likes being in the pack-house while she just couldn't have been any happier to live away from them. So, I felt much comfortable over at her place where I didn't need to constantly hide myself.

I think I was getting what that Damian guy meant because the way Stella gets mad, was all too funny. Though, I know she's joking and she knows I am as well.

But, I just liked to tease her because she was sort of a crazy Styles fan. I don't think I'll ever know why she fantasizes about humans, but I must admit- Harry did have amazing eyes.

She shook her head," You are so not invited to our wedding."

I rolled my eyes, feeling myself actually smile at this girl. One thing is for sure, life would be so dull if I didn't have her around.

"Mhmm. Then, what about all that mate business you've told me about?," I asked, seeing her melt at the mention.

You'd never think that Stella was a die hard romantic. Never.

When guys ask her out, she's quick to turn them down, but of course, nicely.

Though if your persistent on it like that Damian guy, she's not so nice afterwards.

But, I can bet you my whole life on it, if Damian was to buy her a bouquet of roses and serenade her, she'll look at him differently.

I can even tell you exactly how the mating processes work, even to the simplest detail because of how many times she's lectured me about it.

I've never seen it happen with my own eyes, but I wasn't really interested into that. I had bigger problems to settle.

"Well, it looks like I'll have two husbands," She smiled triumphantly, making me once again, roll my eyes.

"Sure," I drawled out sarcastically, grinning as her eyes narrowed in on me," And, I'll have three of those mate things?" I giggled, seeing her eyes light up. I was clearly joking and she treated this mate tradition like something all too sacred. She was probably going to be raging in about a few seconds..

She folded her arms, but her eyes went blank for a little, telling me someone was talking to her through the "pack-link". How I knew, it was always like this.

Which meant something was going on with her pack.

But, my bigger concern was the growing itch in my throat.

- Stella's P.O.V - - - - - - - - - -

I was scared, witless.

Not because of me getting into trouble, but of Adri getting caught.

If they find her, who knows what the pack has in mind for her.

Stella -  Damian busted in, just reminding me to put up my walls.

What? - I growled, needing no more of his presence. I swear, the more I see him, the more I'm going to end up in the mental facility.

Where are you? Are you at your house? - He asked worriedly, making my brow crease.

He was being serious.

Yes, why? - I thought back, shoving my ill feelings aside. This was most likely pack issues. Damn, was there rogues in the area?

Stay inside. Lock your doors if you need to. We caught the scent of that hybrid we've been tracking and it leads somewhere near your place. Be careful, were coming - he ordered, dropping off the link.

But, that was enough information to make me almost faint.

Not only was the pack coming here to catch her, but the fact that once my eyes came back to reality, I wasn't looking into the blue eyes of Adria's anymore.

It was the vibrant blood red color that has taken complete control of her eyes at the appearance of her vampire, her sitting stance now standing before me.

"They're coming," I quickly mentioned, trying to tell Adri, if she could hear me somewhere in her as I watched her body stand tall as gracefully as always," You need to go, before they catch you."

I knew I wasn't talking to Adri anymore, but I was talking to her vampire. Though I could only hope she could get each of them away from here safely before the pack comes.

Adria, her wolf, and her vampire.

She tilted her head, her red eyes mischievous and daring as her red plush lips spread into a sinister grin, sending a cool chill up my spine.

She sighed softly," Why? When I can play with the dogs."

With that, a swoosh of wind knocked at my face. The brush of air smacking me hard enough to fly back and land on my bum. The oxygen in my lungs, instantly stolen by a snap. And, just like that, she was gone from the spot she was standing at, my front door wide open.

"Shit," I cursed again, pushing myself off of my ass and getting back up my feet.

And, in the mere second of shifting and the ripping sounds of my clothes shredding on my transforming body, I could hear the thudding of multiple paws not too far away from here as they no doubt, followed after her.

I repeat-

Shit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Main Characters:

          Adria. [A.k.a: Adri]

          Matthew. [A.k.a: Matt]

          Stella. [A.k.a: Stel]

          Damian. [A.k.a: (no nickname for this one)]

Crossed my fingers. You didn't get too confused by the throwback, yeah?

Co-Author in need? #Unsure. #Debating.

Thank you for keeping up with ENM this far and all votes/comments are appreciated tremendously!

Vote - If you want more.

Comment - If you wish.

Follow - If you plead to receive updates.

Keep Reading - Just because.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 124K 78
He slowly backs up until his back is against the wall like my own, "You're..my neighbor?" He points to my door and I nod my head quickly. He hums sof...
1.8M 58.4K 64
Mafia Dark Romance : ••••••••• she looked back and saw him coming towards her with red blood shoot eyes. She didn't even blink her eyes when he was s...
27.6K 3.1K 32
My eyes rake up and down her body as if I can see through her clothing. My lips curled up into a feral smile, never indeed I've seen a woman who has...
3.9M 144K 60
Life Lesson #1: If you are planning on going to a nightclub in the middle of sketchy, dark woods, don't. Life Lesson #2: If there are too many attr...