I Found A Way

By TheMShow01

I didn't know what to think when my girlfriend, Melly, told me she was pregnant. Should I be happy? Nervous... More

Chapter 1- Suspicious Sunday, April 13, 2014
Chapter 2- Night Time Sunday, April 13, 2014
Chapter 3- Finally Getting Some Answers Saturday, April 27, 2014
Chapter 4- My Reaction Saturday, April 27, 2014
Chapter 5- The First Ultrasound Friday, May 16, 2014
Chapter 6- Telling My Parents Sunday, May 25, 2014
Chapter 7- Telling Her Parents Sunday, May 25, 2014
Chapter 8- A Surprise Sunday, May 25, 2014
Chapter 9- Parker Family Fun Day Monday, May 26, 2014
Chapter 10- Telling Our Friends Saturday, June 7, 2014
Chapter 11- Monday Morning Monday, June 9, 2014
Chapter 12-Gym Class Monday, June 9, 2014
Chapter 13- Finding A Job Monday, June 9, 2014
Chapter 14- Boy or Girl? Sunday, June 13, 2014
Chapter 15- Band Session Saturday, July 19, 2014
Chapter 16- My Birthday Wednesday, August 13, 2014
Chapter 17- A Date Saturday, August 16, 2014
Chapter 18- At Work Monday, August 18, 2014
Chapter 19- Dinner At Dad's House Monday, August 18, 2014
Chapter 20- Last Day of Summer Sunday, August 31, 2014
Chapter 21- First Day Of School Monday September 1 2014
Chapter 22- The Birth of The Drama Queen Monday, September 1, 2014
Chapter 23- Our First Fight Saturday, September 13, 2014
Chapter 24- Fighting For Their Lives Saturday, September 13, 2014
Chapter 25- I'm Here Sunday, September 14, 2014
Chapter 26- In The Hospital Monday, September 15, 2014
Chapter 27- Nurse Melly Sunday, September 28, 2014
Chapter 28- Halloween Friday, October 31, 2014
Chapter 29- Thanksgiving Thursday November 27 2014
Chapter 30- Melly's Birthday Friday, December 19, 2014
Chapter 31- The Baby's Coming Friday, December 19, 2014
Chapter 32- Meeting Our Baby Friday, December 19, 2014
Chapter 33- The Visitors Saturday, December 20, 2014
Chapter 34- Going Home Saturday, December 20, 2014
Chapter 35- Up All Night Sunday, December 22, 2014
Chapter 36- Christmas Thursday, December 25, 2014
Chapter 37- New Years Wednesday, December 31, 2014
Chapter 38- Back At School Monday, January 5, 2015
Chapter 39- Drama At School Monday, January 23, 2015
Chapter 40- Melly Loses Her Mind Friday February 6 2015
Chapter 41- Valentine's Day Saturday, February 14, 2015.
Chapter 42- Two Idiots and A Baby Saturday,
Chapter 43- The Gig Friday, February 27, 2015
Chapter 44- 'H' Is For Humiliation Sunday, March 15, 2015
Chapter 45- Danny's First Baptism Sunday, March 29, 2015
Chapter 46- Easter Sunday April 5 2015
Chapter 47- Mother's Day Sunday May 10 2015
Chapter 48- Son Of A Melly Saturday, May 23, 2015
Chapter 49- Prom Friday, June 5, 2015
Chapter 51- Job Offer Saturday, June 13, 2015
Chapter 52- The Interview Monday, June 14, 2015
Chapter 53- Father's Day Sunday, June 21, 2015
Chapter 54- Moving Saturday, July 5, 2015
Chapter 55- Before The Wedding Wednesday, December 19, 2018
Chapter 56- The Wedding Wednesday, December 19, 2018
Chapter 57- Honeymoon Thursday, December 20, 2018
Epilogue- Saturday July 4 2020
Acknowledgement

Chapter 50- Graduation Day Monday, June 8, 2015

26 4 0
By TheMShow01

"Woo!" Melly hollered as they said my name.

I shook hands with the principal and the vice principal of the school as they handed me my diploma. I cheered at my family as they applauded and took pictures of me. I smiled as I sat back next to Melly, taking her hand in mine.

"We did it." I whispered as people were still getting their diplomas. "We made it. Together."

"Yeah. But it's only legit with us, if and only if.." She said, pulling her hand away from mine, so that we may do our secret handshake.

Slap each other's palms sideways, back of our hands, and fist-bump. We laughed as held each other's hand in happiness. Melly sneaked in a kiss before facing forward with only one of her hand holding on to mine. I sighed as I watched someone else get their high school achievement, before looking at the people around me, seeing that no one was looking at me from the back.

"How different would graduation be if we didn't have a child?" I asked, seeing her perspective.

"Very. Graduation wouldn't be as worth it. It would be more for ourselves and our future than anyone else's. But I'm glad he's here. He makes this ceremony more meaningful." She said.

I put a hand on her knee to get her to stop shaking. "Don't be so nervous."

"I'm not." She fibbed.

"You are. I can tell you're nervous about everything after tonight. But everything will work out fine, if God wants it." I reassured her to calm her nerves.

"Yeah." She replied.

I looked away as I felt the awkwardness of the comment fill the silence between us. I am honestly trying my best to help my family go into a different situation, but it's not as easy as people thinks. But I look at Melly's face as she goes off into a daze of her own world.

"I promise to get a job again, so that we can have enough money to get out of that damn guest house, Melly. I promise." I thought.

As if she read my thought, she turned around and smiled at me. She planted my lips on hers.

"You know, I think he heard us last." She said, nodding her head to Danny.

"Who didn't? You're quite a screamer." I smirk. "I'm planning to buy a soundproof house, so that when Danny and the rest of the kids go to sleep, we can make all of the noises we want."

"And the rest of the kids?" She asked, raising her eyebrows. "You plan to have more?"

"Yeah, why not? Our jobs aren't the easiests, but it is still fun." I said, smiling. I definitely can see more children running in our house in the future. I looked at her to see she had a terrified look on her face, clearly freaking out over the fact that I want more children. I laughed and squeezed her hands. "Don't worry. We won't have more until we're older."

She shook her head. "I was about to say..."

I laughed harder at that, sweeping my side bangs under my blue cap. I wrapped my arms around her small body.

"You know I love you, right, baby?" I whispered in her ears. I kissed the lobe and nipped it causing her to moan. She nodded her head. "Good." I kissed her head before releasing her.

Melly laughed as she straightened her hat out. At the moment, the teacher is going off about the pieces of paper that we wrote what we want for our future in our capsule in freshman year. I regret not writing anything interesting down as I was pretty happy with what I had at the moment. I probably wrote the lamest thing in the world such as 'all I want is good grades and go to a successful college'. I scoffed at myself and rolled my eyes. Clearly, I had really high expectations for myself. I was just an average kid, not knowing what life was going to bring until the night of that spring dance last year where Melly and I finally loosened up for the first time. That's the one night that I will never forget. That night gave me a gift that I would never want to return; a child of my own. Because even though I'm too young and I should be packing for college at moment, college doesn't have anything at observing Danny smile as he explores the wondrous world around him. I love him with all of my heart, I really do.

I waved at baby as he turned around to look at us with his fingers in his mouth. He giggled and kicked his legs before turning back around in his seat. Yup, reactions such as that are absolutely priceless.

"Melina Martinez wrote that she hopes to have a wonderful future with her lover walking with her through it." The teacher said, causing the audience to 'awww'.

I looked at my girl as she blushed and sunk in her seat, embarrassed at what her younger self wrote. Of course, knowing her, she would still write that to this day. It's just her character. So far, I believe that's true for her.

After a few more name popping up, my finally came up. "Derek Michael Parker wrote, 'I hope that all lights of the world to illuminate a path for me and Melly to have a good future. Also I want good grades and go to college'."

The crowd was gushing over the first part, but ended up laughing at the second part. I laughed as well, proving how innocent I was at the time I wrote it. I was suddenly pulled into an embrace by none other than Melly.

"Indeed, we're having a great life so far. It's not perfect, but it's good enough for me." She whispered in my ear.

I patted her back. "Glad you like it."

We kissed each other when the principal's voice came back on the speaker.

"As the principal of John F. Kennedy High School of Sacramento, California, I am proud of the class of 2015. Please move your tassel to the left, because you did it! Everyone have a great life."

The crowd cheer as we through our caps into the air. Melly and I happily pulled each other into an embrace. We felt Mike and Jack come up to us doing the same thing.

"We did it! We did it!" Melly said, proud of us.

"We sure did. Congratulations." I said as she wrapped her legs around my waist like she usually does when we hug each other like this. She giggled as she leaned down to kiss me.

{_}

We ran into Jack's backyard, kicking off our shoes as we cheered in excitement. We all do a little dance as we are all happy to be done with high school for the rest of our lives. No more dealing with people who thinks they're better than everyone else. No more school assignments. No more teachers or detentions. It's all over. And the party starts now.

We all went to Jack's house tonight because he is hosting a pool party after the ceremony. He has a pool, a hot tub, and a kiddie pool, mainly for Danny, but also for those who does not like deep water. Amy is here with us, well, because she's a part of the group and Danny's here because he's our son. He's practically a part of the group as the harmonicist. Not the best one, but he's a cute baby, so he can get away with it.

"I cannot believe, you guys graduated, while I have to be there for two more years." Amy said.

"Aww. Don't worry, Amy. We will visit you, whenever we can." Melly said, smiling at the younger girl.

"You better." She said.

"Why don't we jump into the pool and we'll all feel better?" I said.

"Alright!" Melly said as the rest of the ganged cheered.

We stripped down to our swimwear. I just had a simple black speedo, while Melly had a simple pink bikini. I moved my hand to cover my growing crotch. I hummed in pleasure in my head as Melly bent over in front of me, exposing some of her cleavage to me. Goodness, I want to fuck her so bad, right here, right now. I stared at for another few seconds, when I heard Danny squeal in delight, snapping me out of my trance. My kid is here, I better stop.

"Sure, because he's the only one getting in the way of getting what you want. " My conscious told me. I looked to the pool to see my other band members jumping into the pool.

"Are you guys coming in?" Jack asked.

"Um.." I looked between Danny.

He hasn't learned how to swim yet, so we can't put him in the big pool. But my friends are there and I want to spend time with them. I sighed. The difficulties of being a teen father is that of course, in the end, we always have to choose our child in the end.

"We're going to the kiddie pool." I told them as Melly and I went with Danny to the said small pool.

My friends gave me an 'o'-look as they watched us go there. They didn't care too much since they went back to whatever they were doing as we placed Danny inside a floatie and placed him in the water. He started to get fussy because of the sudden cold temperature, but Melly managed to calm him down.

"It's okay." Melly whispered to him. Then she leaned into me and said, "Go to the big pool for ten minutes and come back."

"What? Why?" I asked.

Melly looked at me, her eyes moving up and down. "It's obvious that you have a boner and we're with child, Derek. I read on the internet that cold water is supposed to help that."

"Or, YOU can help me, but no." I wanted to say, but I knew that would earn me a smack on the head due to how disrespectful that comment is.

I sighed as I did what I was told to do. My friends cheered as they saw me.

"Look who showed up." Amy said, smiling.

"Melly sent me here for ten minutes, so what's up?" I asked, feeling a bit relieved to be talking to my friends at the moment.

"Nothing. We're just getting ready to play Marco Polo." Jack said.

"What are we five?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"Don't make jokes when you're childish as well. Are you going to join us?" Amy asked.

"No. Sorry, I got to get back to Michi and Danny." I told them.

I'm not really willing to leave my friends, but I also don't want to abandoned my family for them. I also wouldn't want them to sacrifice their little games just so they can hang out with us.

"Okay." The blonde said.

Because no matter how much I hate it, world won't stop spinning just because I have a baby. I looked down to see that I looked normal again before I turned around and got out of the pool. I padded my way over to the kiddie pool, smiling as Melly looked up at me.

"Look at them, having fun together." She sighs in admiration as she watched our friends splash each other.

"Yeah, but we have a better life." I told her, trying to be the positive one even though I am thinking the same thing.

"I love our little family, but.." She started, but I cut her off.

"I know. Same here. But we have each other and that's all we need." I said, reassuring her. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her head. I pulled away and put my chin on top of her head.

"I guess so." She mumbled.

"I know so. Because baby, in this world, we only have each other." I said, wrapping my arms around her figure.

{_}

After an hour, we finally got out the pool with Danny and went into the house. We gave him a bath and fed him a bottle so that he can go to sleep. Melly looked at the baby as she rocks him in her arms.

"Baby, you're paranoid. Miss Jackson is a very good mother and I am sure, she wouldn't mind looking over Danny for an hour or two." I told her, begging her to leave the baby with Jack's divorced mom, so that we can hang out with our friends, who are waiting for us at the bond fire.

"I have to be paranoid, because you're not paranoid at all. You just think dropping your baby off at a random person's house is so simple." She told me, flaring her nostrils in annoyance.

"What do you have to be so worried about?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Hello! Have you seen the news? Dr. Phil? Oprah? Steve Wilkos? The Maury Show? Jerry Springer? I don't care if they're staged, don't deny the fact that half the thing that those shows present actually happens in real life. Honestly, if it weren't for your mom's help, I would have dropped out school a long time ago just so Danny could be under effective care, because I don't trust daycares nor babysitters." She ranted, trying to keep her voice low as possible.

"I understand your concern, but baby, Miss Jackson is a very nice woman. You know her." I said.

"That's how it all starts." She pointed out.

"She took care of Jack very well. And I know she wouldn't hurt a soul." I tried again.

Melly sighed and scratched her forehead, "Derek, if you really want to hang out with our friends then go. I'm not trying to hold you back."

"But I wanna be with you." I whined. "Plus, we're Derlina or Delly for short. You can't have one without the other or it wouldn't make sense at all."

"Derek.."

"Melina. Please? Just this once." I said.

I watched her as she thought over her options. Not like she has much. She bit her lip as her leg shook in nervousness.

"Don't be nervous. There's no pressure. Sorry if I made you feel that way. We can go home if you want to." I said, sitting down next to her.

"I wanna stay and hang out with them, but I'll feel like a bad mother for leaving him behind. I've done a few times when it's not school nor work related, but still. I'm sorry." She said, burying her face in the crook of my neck.

I kissed her forehead as I rubbed her back in comfort. "No, no. Don't be sorry. You're just doing what you feel is right for our baby." We stayed in the position for a little while until I said, "Come on. Let's go then."

"'Kay." She said, getting up, adjusting the baby in her arms as he continues to sleep through the night.

We walked out the backyard to say goodbye to our friends, when Melly spoke up.

"Never mind, I want to stay. But what to do about Danny?" She said.

"Let Miss Jackson take care of him. I'm sure she won't hurt him." I told her. I kissed her forehead again. "You don't have to do this, you know."

She nodded her head. "I want to. Stay here."

With that, she turned around on her heel and went back inside the house. I looked at her until she disappeared from sight. I shrugged before I looked forward and approach my friends.

"Hey, look who finally showed up." Jack joked, looking at me.

"Sorry, just the..." I started, but got cut off by Amy.

"It's okay. We all know that you guys have responsibility. Must be tough to be a teen parent." The young blonde commented.

"Yeah." I said, looking at the big fire in front of me as it crackles.

"You can say that again." Melly said, sitting besides me.

The group laughed at her response. Mike gave us two sticks to roast marshmallows at. We sat there for at least an hour telling stories of our lives as well saying what we want for our future. Mike said that he's planning to go to Berklee in Massachusetts, while Jack is planning to go to Massachusetts Institute of Technology after the summer ends. Ashley said that she plans to work at a music store at the mall to raise enough money for college. Melly and I, well, we're just doing what we can to hold a door for a bright future that I believe we still have. At least for Danny's sake. Nothing permanent at the moment, but we figure that's okay, just as long as we're trying each day. But for now, we're enjoying each other's company.

 I know this is sort of an awkward filler chapter, I'm sorry, but I just needed to write something to go forward with the story. I hope you like it though. One chapter down, nine more to go. Until then, have a great day.

Xoxo,
M.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

309K 8.4K 33
"Cassie, sweetie, please do me a huge favor." "What is it, Mom?" "Do. Not. Get. Pregnant." "Ever?" "I mean, don't get pregnant in your teen years." "...
88.9K 2.5K 21
Being a pregnant Teen is hard. Having a pregnant best friend will make things easier. Right? Sequel: Following My Parent's Footsteps *Chapters has be...
252K 5.3K 42
For Ella and Xavier life has been pretty simple. They have been dating for the last four years and are set on getting married, they both live in pret...
2.6K 126 28
*featured on the official Wattpad Beauty profile* Being a normal teen was never really on the agenda anyway... At only sixteen, Zuri finds herself pr...