I am Kirk

Od francisxyzk

I am Kirk. I am trying to fit in. This is my story. Viac

Part 1: I am Kirk
Part 2: Lunch on the run
Part 3: Hazed
Part 4: The Brass Knuckle
Part 5: Viral
Part 6: The Associates
Part 7: Room 60
Part 8: Right Turn
Part 9: H-OFFENSIVE
Part 10: Jess
Part.11: CNN
Part 12: Escape
Part 13: Epiphany
Part 14: Massive Attack
Part 15: Responsives
Part 16: Stratagem
Part 17: Swollen
Part 18: Cell
Part 19: Kirk's choice
Part 20: Decision
Part 21: Hurt Girl
Part 22: DNA
Part 23: Nine
Part 24: M
Part 25: Speculate
Part 26: Lock down
Part 27: Smell
Part 28: Power
Part 29: Facts
Part 30: The door
Part 31: Lick
Part:32 Pool
Part:33 The Deal
Part 34: Bang
Part 35: Word Spill
Part 36: Memory
Part 37: Space
Part 39: Patch up
Part 40: Charge
Part 41
I am Kirk 42
I am Kirk: Part 43
I'm Kirk: Part. 44
I am Kirk: Part. 45a

Part.38: The Three

1.1K 46 12
Od francisxyzk

Dale and Jenna have left the building.

But their smells haven’t, they still linger, reminding me of the evil that hides behind their all American Beauty.

……

I grasp the edge of the cubicle and yank myself forward. I am wedged in tight – problem.

Where is my hunger strength when I need it? I am not due a feed for at least 48 hours. I cannot remain here for all that time; I want to enjoy my freedom while it lasts.

I try again, and manage to scrape forward about an inch. I probably can do it, but not without inflicting visible damage to my carcass.

I exert myself, and force forward. Rip and tug: the skin on the right side of my face has torn. I continue on regardless, until my head hangs free.

 With my head free, I manage to shuffle forward and drop head first to the floor.

I cushion my fall with a perfect forward roll.

Checking myself, I am happy that my carcass is un-broken. But, the leather on the right side of my face has peeled away from my skull; it hangs from my jaw line like a precisely peeled banana skin.

I try to stick it back up, but it keeps flapping down. Mom will freak big time, I can already hear her tears and tantrums. But, I am sure Dr Shaheed will be able to fix me up good and proper.

Right now, I do not care how I look, because I like how I feel – almost re-born.

Freedom feels good, even when you are a walking carcass with half your face hanging off.

……

The Association

 We are aware of Kirk’s current location. His chip had a very weak signal due to damage; this has unfortunately delayed our response and action.

Kirk’s friend, Associate Toby and his Father Clark are on their way to The Arlington High Reanimate Basement to deal with the situation.

Worryingly, Kirk’s actions have derailed The Associations strategy of staking out The Arlington Basement to gather intelligence to help with our battle with The Dark Side’s H-Offensive, and specifically, to identify the Reanimater.

As a consequence, Dr Shaheed has instructed that we remove all of Kirk’s freedom’s and have him shackled and supervised at all times in his own reanimate basement until we have ascertained who is responsible for the recent murders and reanimations.

We must stress that this is only a short-term measure, and removing Kirk’s freedom is for his, yours, and our own good.

We hand you back to Kirk.

 ……

Even though I am in a reanimate basement, I am enjoying walking around the space, exploring, gathering information and understanding for myself. I will share my findings with Casey, I know for sure she will listen and act upon what I have to say.

I am searching for clues as to who the Reanimater is – I do not want it to be Jess.

…..

 My exploration is interrupted by a smell.

When smells enter my system, it is like a physical sensation: a tap on my shoulder, a slap on my face. My system then translates these blows into sound like waves within my head; the smells almost speak to me.

This smell is familiar: sweet, fresh and kind.

It is Toby.

Another smell hits me hard, one that I do not find as palatable as Toby’s. The smell is: mature, strong, and stinging, like old cheese.

It is Toby’s father, Clark.

Their smells intensify – indicating they will be here soon.

 ……

They will get a shock when they see me. I am sure I look ugly with half my skull exposed, and the other half with no make-up on – like a zombie, from a film.

But, Toby will understand that I can be fixed.

Although – I do not want Casey to see me like this – like a monster – no, no, no.

……

While continuing to search, I recall Clark's strong attitude and opinion; I ready myself for his rants and raves.

……

As I make my way to the purging area, another smell slams into me with such a force that I almost topple over.

I steady myself and try to compute the conflicting smells that are invading my system.

I manage to put Toby and Clark’s flavour aside and focus on identifying these new smells that are flooding my carcass.

Inhale: they are not human.

Inhale and compute: they are most definitely animal. Wild boar. Three of them.

Confused, I scan the basement; their smell is close, very close – in this space. Yet, I cannot see them.

I follow the source of the smell to the feeding area, searching for livestock in cages. I do not see any.

Inhale: the smell is definitely coming from within the basement.

 A sound alerts me, a rumbling from the far right of the purging area.

I follow the sound toward a trap like door at the furthest corner of the feeding bay.

The door rises with a smooth, soundless action; releasing three quietly disorientated wild boars into the basement.

Who has released these beasts? I have no idea. I smell no human involvement in their appearance. It appears to have been a scheduled, automated release.

……

The animals are hesitant, reserved, searching for escape and danger.

They soon settle when they realize I am no threat.

I note the animals are unusually soundless for wild creatures.

……

Toby and Clark’s flavour grows stronger as they near Arlington High.

 ……

The boars begin to pace and pant. They walk in circles, chasing their tails, as if madness is taking hold.

One by one they collapse, their breathing becomes heavy and slow.

I smell impending death.

These boars are dying. I can smell the poison rushing through their systems, shutting down their internal organs.

They expire within seconds of one another.

……

Toby and Clark have entered Arlington High; their odor floods the space above.

……

My insight is limited; my thought process triggered by memory, and therefore delayed a little. But, as I look at the three animal carcasses in front of me, I recall the situation with Associate Bradbury.

I do not need to show you what is happening down here, so I will just tell you: someone is reanimating the boars.

……

I recall my first morning as a dead student at Arlington High. Mom and Dad organized a feed of live wild boar.

It escaped, and I remember the chaos my ‘lunch on the run’ caused. And that was just ONE living boar.

I know three ravenous reanimated boars will cause carnage.

I cannot let Clark and Toby enter this basement.

 ……

Their reanimation was swift.   

They are oblivious to my carcass, which lacks the meat to satisfy their lust.

All three boars are charging around, running up the walls, diving into cracks and crevices, ravenously in pursuit of flesh. They are crazed with a maddening hunger – until – the smell hits their hungry nostrils: Toby and Clark’s meaty fragrance halts the beasts.

They hunch down and walk stealth like to the base of the stairs that lead to the Arlington High store room.

 They wait in silent readiness – to feast.

……

I hear Clark and his strict authority enter the storeroom.

“Calm down Dad – Kirk’s a freaking reanimate, he won’t get your judgment and shit. Take it easy; we’re here to get him and us away from here. Now’s not the time for your lectures,” says Toby. I hear frustration in his voice.

 “No! Kirk’s gonna get an ear load from me. If he has the insight to make wrong decisions, he has the understanding to know his actions will be punished – I’m real pissed!” responds Clark.

I hear their exertion as they pull at the secret shelving unit.

The reanimated beasts salivate with anticipation.

I have no idea how to prevent what is about to happen, no point of reference; I haven’t been in a situation like this while living or dead.

How do I save two human beings from their imminent death?

……

All I have is the truth. As they struggle to open the secret annex, I give it, “Clark, Toby, please go away – there are three reanimated boars down here, they will consume you both in seconds if you enter,” I say.

 “Ridiculous! He’s learnt how to lie,” responds Clark.

 “Dad, please listen. I know Kirk – however much insight he might have, he wouldn’t lie about something like this, let me talk with him.”

 “Of course he’d lie, you’re so naïve Toby, you disappoint me – he’s being used by The Dark side!” barks Clark.

As the annex door begins to open, the boars crouch forward; I can feel the immense power in their flexed carcasses.

I repeat the truth, “No Clark, The Dark side is here with me, for sure – I want to protect you and Toby from its destruction,” I say.

 “BOAR-SHIT!” hollers Clark, pushing the secret annex open with an angry fuel.

The boars charge with their hunger fuelled force.

……

I read a fleeting look of realization and regret on Clark’s face, before he explodes in a riot of guts and gore.

……

Clark would have felt nothing.

He was gone in sixty seconds.

Devoured – bones and all.

……

Trails of putrid, regurgitated Clark smear the basement floor as I drag the purging beasts into a cubicle. Once inside, I slam the red button, locking them away from further destruction.

I rush toward the purge hose, eager to flush away the stinking remnants of Clark, before Toby sees what became of his father.

Midway through, I am interrupted – “Kirk, I’m coming in?”

“No, not yet, I need to finish something. I will let you know when it is safe to enter.”

“OK.”

It is only when I am sure the entire purge is cleared away that I realize the significance of the voice.

It is not Toby’s voice.

I answer, “It is safe now. Come in Jess,” I say.

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

578 51 18
They used my vulnerability against me. They used that weapon, to make me accept their stupid idea. And I of course, accepted it, I didn't even know w...
365K 10.2K 46
I soon to be Alpha Joshua Richards reject you Amanda Black as my mate" he spat with no emotions. Oh so this is how you want to do it fine see if I ca...
21 0 2
The stalker closest to me drops dead, the other one not far behind. I can't even bring myself to cry, even now I'm still unable to preserve myself. U...
1.6K 65 17
My problems keep pilling up on me. My life has changed since my dragon Nightmare has came in. But that doesnt bother me. Someone i know and love just...