A Girl Like Me

Von Oreolover75

Bianca Evans doesn't fit the stereotypical teenage girl image. She's one of the guys, always has been and alw... Mehr

A Girl Like Me
1. California, here we come!
2. But Ethan is so nice!
3. No shit sherlock
4. Bitch got owned!
5. Meeting Cole...
6. Sneaky Ninjas
7. Good news
8. The beach hut
Author's note
9. Memories
10. Roommates
11. Midnight Nap
12. Girls are Confusing...
13. Shit happens
14. In Your Arms
16. Guilty Conscience
17. Cole's POV
18. Kick him in the balls
19. The Letter
IMPORTANT MESSAGE!
20. The Final Chapter

15. Penny boards and drama queens

7.9K 273 83
Von Oreolover75

You know when you imagine something in your head to be so amazing and great, but then it turns out to be really bad? That's how I felt when I woke up in Cole's bed. I had dreamt of waking up, my head nuzzled into Cole's chest as he breathed steadily. Our bodies would be all tangled together and Cole would already be awake, looking down at me and thinking, well, nice thoughts about me. I'd look up at him and our breaths would catch when we saw each other, before leaning in for a romantic kiss.

The reality however, was not so much like a fairytale.

"And the walls kept tumbling down in the city that we loooove..." I heard Cole's voice as my weary eyes began to open. My vision was blurry, and I had to rub them as I adjusted to the brightness of the room. I tried to lift my head up, but I had fallen asleep with my neck in an awkward angle, so it was stiff and sore.

"Great clouds rolled over the hills, bringing darkness from aboooove..." Cole sang (or screeched) along to the music playing in his headphones, unaware that I could see and hear him. He was going in and out of the bathroom as he dressed and washed, dancing along to the music.

"But if you close your eyes, does it almost feel like nothing changed at all?"

I wish I could say that he had the voice of an angel, and that it was breathtakingly beautiful and whatnot, but it wasn't. I had my fingers pressed tightly into my ears in an effort to drown him out.

"But if you close your eyes, does it almost feel like you've been here before?" He belted out the lyrics, swinging his hips as he sprayed deodorant under his arms. I watched in amusement as he moved his right hand up into the air and down again as if there was an imaginary scale that his voice was following.

"How am I gonna be an optimist about this? How am I gonna be an optimist about this?"

And then the fist pumping began. I buried my head in my hands as he fist pumped his way over to the wardrobe, pulling on a tee shirt. I watched his arm muscles flexing with each pump as he shimmied back into the bathroom.

"We were caught up and lost in all of our vices...OOF!!!"

It all happened in slow motion. Cole was bopping along to his music, fist pumping away as you do and singing as loudly as he could and then...BAM! He punched the bathroom door which had swung closed without him seeing. He ripped off his headphones and bent over, cradling his fist. I couldn't stop myself from spluttering with laughter.

"Fuuuuck!" Cole moaned as he rocked back and forth gently. "My knuckles are bleeding..."

"Oh, Cole," I said through my laughter. He looked embarrassed that I had seen him singing and dancing and...fist pumping the door.

I got out of the bed and strolled over to him, heaving a sigh. He looked up at me with a grim expression. "You look like you're trying to hold back tears," I pointed out.

"Fuck off," he whispered, but I noticed a small smile. "Please just get me some ice, Bianca."

"Okay."

I slipped out of the room in my red polka dot pyjama shorts and a loose black top. The kitchen was behind the food hall, and I knocked on the door twice. After half a minute, the door swung open and a short, podgy man with a chefs hat on appeared. "Can I help you with something?" He asked me. I saw a wooden spoon in his hand and I guessed that he was still making breakfast.

"My roommate hurt his hand, have you got an ice pack?" I asked him politely.

The man disappeared behind the door and came back with an ice pack. I thanked him and hurried around the corner, bumping straight into Mr Walsh. "Ah, Bianca. I was just looking for you!" He said, leaning against the wall to catch his breath. His face was bright red.

"Err, yeah?"

"Your mother rang to inform me that your grandfather has fallen ill since your stay here. Am I correct that he lives in the Seapoint area?"

"Yeah he does, but he's currently at the hospital a couple of blocks away. I meant to ask you, can I skip the science thing today so I can visit him in hospital? He's in a coma." I twiddled my thumbs anxiously as I awaited his answer.

"Yes, yes. That will be fine! Be back here for lunch at two, okay?" He said.

I agreed and we went our separate ways. I ran back upstairs and burst into my room where Cole was scowling. "You took your time!" He complained.

I ignored his comment and sat down next to him on his bed. Oreo the kitty was perched on his lap, purring softly. I took his large hand with my small one and pressed the ice pack against his red, raw knuckles.

I heard him sigh happily at this. I adjusted the pack a little bit to sooth another part of his hand where trickles of crimson blood seeped out. I lifted his hand to my lips and kissed the sore part softly before returning his hand to my lap, where I stroked it.

Cole's gaze diverted from his hand and up to me instead. His non injured hand went up to my face to brush something off, and then he leaned in closer to kiss me. I felt a familiar sensation in my heart, as it fluttered and danced happily. When I had my head lying back on his bed, Cole dropped down beside me and brought his mouth close to my ear. "Is it sad that I pretended to brush something off you just so I can kiss you?" He whispered.

My heart raced even more and a smile played on my lips. "You don't need an excuse to kiss me," I told him.

With my words still hanging in the air, Cole tossed Oreo onto the other bed and pulled me on top of him. I bent down to his face and let my hands trail upwards to his soft, dark hair where they wandered through each strand.

His lips were slightly parted, his face flushed. I started to kiss him, feeling his hands tighten around my waist. His lips were so soft and plush, moving in rhythm with mine. My mouth got so hot, like a fire was burning from our passion, as the kiss got rougher and I pressed my body against his.

Cole bit softly on my lip and I quickly opened my mouth, welcoming him inside. He tasted sweet and minty like spearmint chewing gum. I pulled away for a second to look at him, and couldn't stop myself from smiling. Cole smiled back and rolled me around so his body was on top of mine.

We made out for a while, little jolts of electricity buzzing through me at his every touch. He kissed down my jawline, sucking softly on a soft spot of skin on my neck. I had to suppress a moan of pleasure and I felt his mouth curl into a smile.

My hands wandered down his back until I found the hem of his shirt and he lifted his arms so I could pull it over his head. As he continued to kiss plant soft kisses down my neck, I took a second to look at him shirtless. I looked at each tattoo that was visible from my angle. I let my finger trace the small curly font of one on his upper arm that said: 'dance like there's nobody watching, love like you'll never be hurt, sing like there's nobody listening, live like it's heaven on earth.'

Cole's fingers tugged on the end of my top, as if asking for permission. I nodded my head and he pulled it over my head. Then he kissed his way up my jawline and nibbled on my ear, avoiding the earrings in it, while I lay back in complete happiness.

I pulled him closer to me and kissed him some more, out tongues dancing together, until I was breathless and needed to pull away.

"Wow," he breathed, catching my eye briefly. His dark ones were sparkling beautifully. "So how about that date?"

I laughed and stood up, finding clothes to wear that day. I found some distressed high-waisted shorts which I put on, but I couldn't find any tops. Cole handed me one of his. "Wear mine." It was a black t shirt with a design that looked like a moose on it and California written across it. I pulled it on and Cole laughed when it came past the bottom of my shorts. I smiled and tucked it into the shorts loosely before slipping my red vans on.

"You look cute in my shirt," he said, hugging me from behind and resting his head on my shoulder.

I grinned. "About the date," I said. "Surprise me."

"Here or California?"

"It wouldn't be a surprise if I picked that!" I said and I turned around to peck him before grabbing my penny board and standing by the door. "I'll catch you later!"

Cole waved vaguely, but he was far too busy stroking Oreo who was cuddling up next to him, licking him with her sandpapery tongue.

The lobby was full of people as they headed into the food hall for breakfast. I decided to slip in for something to eat otherwise I'd be starving. I hurried in the door and grabbed a banana from the selection of fresh fruit on offer.

I caught the sight of Amy, Nikki and Ethan who were all sitting around a table together. Nikki was piling slices of toast slathered in Nutella into her tiny rosebud mouth. She smiled when she saw me looking and gestured for me to go over. I shook my head and pointed to the door, showing her that I had to go.

She nodded, but that caused Amy to notice her movement and follow her gaze until it landed on me. I pretended not to see her and started hurrying in the opposite direction. However it wasn't such a quick getaway as I had hoped. I dropped my penny board onto the wooden floor of the lobby, but instead of hopping on swiftly, I tripped over the board and stumbled forwards, landing on the ground with a thump.

As my eyes trailed upwards, they came in contact with two black stilettos. I glanced up at the owner of the shoes, and wasn't particularly surprised to see Amy standing there, arms folded. "You are so tragic," she sneered. "Would it be so hard for you to just leave us alone? Nikki feels sorry for you, Ethan hates you and me? You don't even wanna know what I think of you."

I didn't roll my eyes, even though the urge was so strong that I thought my eyes might pop out from their sockets. Instead, I just sidestepped past Amy with my penny board tucked under my arm and headed for the door. I should have known that it wouldn't be that easy.

"Where are you going now?" She hissed. "Are you skipping the science expedition to go skating, you little rebel?"

I turned to face her as she cackled with laughter, throwing back her head. "So who are you going with, Bianca? Cole, Liam, Ethan...I mean there's so many guys who you're stringing along!" Then she narrowed her darkened blue eyes at me and smiled slightly. "Slut," she said, pronouncing every letter with careful precision.

I could have easily just turned around and walked out the door with my head held high. But my blood was boiling and I didn't want to leave without a fight. And a large group of people were beginning to surround us. They looked from Amy - in a frilly pink top, a denim skirt and stilettos, to me - in high waisted shorts, Cole's black shirt and red vans. Amy was a lot taller than me with those shoes on.

Amy yawned loudly. "So where are all your feisty comebacks and insults now? You sure were firing them out at Amanda Miller. Have you not got any rehearsed?" She said, pursing her lips as she looked down at me with distaste. This caused the group of girls that had gathered around us to giggle hysterically.

"Well here's one for you," Amy continued. "You've been banged more times than an alarm clock on Monday morning!" The place erupted with laughter as I felt myself gasp slightly. Amy seemed to get quite confident, casually stepping in front of me to block my way out.

"What the fuck happened to you Amy? What the fuck happened? This isn't the girl who greeted me all kindly on my first day. You're just like the rest of them." I grabbed her wrists and pushed her out of my way roughly. She stumbled slightly but regained her balance quickly and smirked.

"Aw, trying to act all tough are you?" She said in a mock sweet voice as she kicked her foot out in front of me and tripped me up. I fell, but managed to keep my balance after a second and I stood right back up, but Amy was blocking my way again.

"Come on, Bianca. Admit it. Admit that you're a boyfriend-stealing whore!" She said, raising her voice a little as the anger got to her.

On the inside, I wanted to start crying. I felt like I wasn't welcome with all of these Californian girls (even if Amy was from Georgia) when all I ever wanted was to fit in and make friends. But everyone thought I was a whore, just because I got along with guys better than girls.

"I'm a virgin, Amy," I said sharply, my words cutting through the tense atmosphere. This was followed by whispers from the surrounding girls. "But that's more than I can say for you."

Amy's eyes filled with fury as I stepped past her, and she grabbed me roughly. I caught her blue irises and stared her down. "Excuse me," I hissed. "But I need to go visit my dying grandfather in the hospital." With my words hanging in the air, I stalked past her and hurried to the door, holding my penny board tightly.

When I got to the door, I glanced over at Amy and the crowd of spectators. Her tiny mouth was opening and closing like she didn't know what to say. Then she blushed red and hurried past the girls. I hoped she felt guilty. And with that, I left to skate to the hospital.

***

Skating through the traffic was an amazing feeling of freedom. My hair was blowing back with each gust of wind, and I could breathe in the sea air whilst moving. I slowed down when the traffic light turned red and looked at my watch. It was eleven in the morning and the morning visiting hours were from ten to twelve. I wouldn't get to spend very long with Grandpa, but it wouldn't matter because he hadn't woken yet anyway.

The light went green and I propelled myself forward again, zooming past cars as I wove in and out of cars as I went down a slope. I turned the last sharp corner until I reached the hospital gates and skated in the long driveway. I picked up my board when I got to the front door and stopped by the desk. Yesterday a nurse had told me to ask what room he'd be in because they were moving him.

I asked the woman at the desk and she pointed me in the direction of the lift, saying that he was on the third floor in room 172. I headed up and found Grandpa easily enough. He looked the same as the day before, sleeping with various tubes and wires going into him.

There was a tall doctor by his bed, checking things off a list on his clipboard. "How's he doing?" I asked him, sitting down in a chair.

The man jumped like he hasn't noticed me entering, but then smiled. "He's doing absolutely brilliantly. He's a very healthy man, but all we need to do is for him to wake up. You can talk to him if you like," he said, urging me to sit closer to him.

"Uh, okay," I said, waiting for the doctor to leave. When he left, I looked at Grandpa and started talking to him. "Hey Grandpa," I began, feeling awkward. "It's been a long time since I've seen you. Um. California is great, it's sunny all the time and I made some new friends. Cole is really nice and we're going on a date together soon. I know that if you were awake, you'd be telling me that you don't want me seeing any boys until I'm twenty-one." I chuckled to myself.

Then I started to feel a little more comfortable talking to him. I told him about school, about my fight with Amy, about the running team. I was getting into a lengthy speech about the flight to Boston when I heard a sharp knock on the door. A short, tubby nurse came in and smiled shyly at me. "I'm afraid that the visiting hours are up now, so you're going to have to leave," she said. "We have your phone number and I'll be sure to call you if he wakes up!"

I nodded and left the hospital, but all I could hear in my mind was 'IF he wakes up.' Why 'if'? As the doctor said, he was very healthy and there was nothing wrong with him, so why wouldn't he wake up? I tried to put it out of my mind and started skating back.

When I was passing Seapoint beach, I decided to walk over there and sit on the sand for a while. I ran down the steps and found my way to the beach, where I sat cross legged and looked out at the ocean.

It was fairly quiet, aside from a few people. There was an old couple holding hands as they walked slowly down the beach, a young mother with two little children, a man in a suit who was probably on his lunch break and a teenage boy. I looked closely at the boy, realising that he looked very familiar, but it was hard to tell because he had his back to me. Was it Liam? I walked over, casually glancing at the boy as I went. It was Liam.

"Why aren't you at school?" I asked him, dropping to the ground next to him. He jumped slightly, smiling when he saw it was me. He watched me carefully with his smoky green eyes.

"Why aren't you with your school?" He shot back.

"I asked first," I said, smiling slightly.

Liam laughed, his eyes sparkling brightly. "I guess I just skipped school today," he said. "I wasn't in the mood for it. You?"

"I was visiting Grandpa in the hospital," I said. When Liam looked at me anxiously, I told him the whole story of Cole and I finding him unconscious. I tactfully left out the bit about Cole and I making out.

He nodded. "I hope he wakes up soon."

"He will," I said.

I lay back, the sun warming my face. "What happened to us?" Liam asked, lying down next to me. My body stiffened.

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

I had my eyes closed, but I could sense him moving closer to me. I was surprised when his hand touched my shoulder, and he wrapped his arm around me. "What are you doing?" I said, jumping up into a sitting position. I really needed to tell him that I was going out with Cole.

Liam looked hurt as he sat up by me. "What's wrong?" He lifted his hand to my cheek and started caressing it softly. I felt myself tense all over. I pushed him off and then looked away, not wanting to see his expression. "Why...?"

"Please just-" I started. But I was cut off.

I was cut off by Liam kissing me.

***

Hey guys :) hope you like this chapter!

Tell me who you prefer: Cole or Liam.

Bianca+Cole=Bole

Bianca+Liam=Biam

LOL just made them up on the spot! Haha. So do y'all hate Amy as much as me? Teehee.

I love to hear what you guys think! If you liked this chapter than be sure to VOTE! And if you didn't, then tell me in the comments (be nice) hehe ;)

And I also just thought I'd tell you that this book is going to have LOTS of chapters. Like I still have tons and tons of exciting storylines up my sleeve and there will be a lot more romance, adventures, problems and such to come.

One more thing, do you want a chapter from someone else's POV? if so then please tell me. Id love to do something like that <333

Love you to the moon and back!

Hugs,

Oreolover75.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

1M 28.6K 55
Annies life is at its worst. it seems that one tragedy leads straight to another, kinda like dominoes. After one too many bad ending relationships, c...
5.1M 258K 72
-Demon Series: Book 1- Aden Perri has problems. The last day of school his girlfriend calls it quits. And proceeds to move on a little...
83.4K 2.4K 57
-Sequel to The Quarterback Likes Me?- Must read The Quarterback Likes Me? before reading this book. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED ______________ Van...
193K 9.4K 55
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...