Meeting In The Middle

By SecondsTooLate

( completed ) He was finally loosening up, a feeling of relief to have me back in his arms, safe and sound. ... More

Black Ferrari Squad
Hoodies and Dark Memories
Urban Legends
Puzzle Pieces
Broken Doors
Disbelief
Meeting The Alpha
Love Behind Bars
Resignation
Gunshots
Covered In Sand
The Wooden Conveniant Store
In The Dark
Failed Attempts At Outrunning The Alpha
Alpha To Alpha
I'm His Kitten
Realization Of Reality - Truth Behind The Tale
Reunited Friends... And Savior
Return And Goodbye
Little Black Dress
Funeral Starts At 4
Italy Nights
A Wedding To Remember

The Coffee Coloured Wolf On The Ground

879 44 1
By SecondsTooLate

The white room was blinding and the setup for the beds reminded me of when Damian had made that sacrifice. Lucian was resting peacefully on the white bed, his eyes closed. His left eye was pale but his right was dark purple, very close to black. I was horrified when I see his face, his lip swollen and his cheek cut with something sharp. There were stitches now, but the dried blood was evidence that the old man had cut him. I reach up to touch my cut. It was in the exact same spot. His left cheek. Mine wasn't as deep but it was still stinging. I couldn't imagine the pain he had to be in while he was in that fight with him. He wasn't awake yet and the IV tubes were connected to him. I didn't understand why he needed them. It didn't look like anything too serious.

A nurse walks in and smiles at me briefly before attending to Lucian. "Luna." She greeted me as she passed by, her white coat swishing around the bed. She pulled down the covers and then I saw it. There was a bullet hole beneath his chest. It was supposed to be stitched up. The nurse looks at me.

"You can't stay for the surgery but you can wait outside. We'll notify you for results." She says, pulling out some medical items and placing them on a tray. I nod and thank her for attending him, my heat sinking. "Make sure you take good care of him."

After our short conversation, I decide to take a quick visit to Caleb who was in similar conditions. He wasn't hooked up to an IV, but he was just as injured on his face. He was bruised and swollen and I felt a stinging feeling in my heart as I looked at his sleeping face. I was so responsible for his injuries and I didn't know what to do. I should've just went in myself without risking their lives. I step out of the room and started pacing between the two rooms nervously. This was all my fault. After a couple runs down the hallway back and forth, I decided to sit down and reconsider what I've done. How was I gonna make it up to them? I could feel my mind speeding up and my head started aching. I rubbed my temple hoping the ache would go away by the time Lucian has completed his surgery.

I was waiting for quite a while for either of them to wake up. It's been three hours according to my phone and the hospitals were strangely empty. All was still in this building. I was just about to doze off when Ryder came rustling through the hall wearing a mask that showed no emotion. From his tense jaw and dark eyes, I could tell something was wrong. He enveloped me in a bone-crushing hug. It wasn't a lovably hug. It was cold and fear seeped in. I look up at him.

"What's wrong?" I ask him, my heart starting to speed up. There was something very wrong.
"They're here." He looked terribly frustrated and stressed.

"Who?"

"The SkyLiners Pack."

I could feel the blood drain from my face. I gripped the chair handle and took a deep breath, memories of the old man haunting my thoughts. I shuddered and forced a smile for Ryder. He leaned in close and placed his forehead on mine.

"Don't worry." He breathed, staring into my eyes with comfort. "We won't let anything happen to you. We won't let anyone touch you. Just stay here with Caleb and Lucian. I'll bring Alex and Gray to accompany you to make sure our beautiful Luna is protected."

I sniffle and pull him in for another hug.

"Please be careful." I sob into his shirt. I could hear his even heartbeat and that just triggered the tears again. "I don't want to lose you."

He pats me lightly on the back.

"I won't die." He reassured me. "I'll just remember you and this promise."

I nod as he pulls away from the embrace. I was scared for him to say the least. My heart was probably more unsteady than his was and he was the one going into battle. Outside a scream echoed and then a deadly growl. Then silence. I was horrified and Ryder leans in for a quick kiss on my head.

"I love you princess." He mumbled into my hair and starts down the hall. I watch his broad shoulders covered by his black leather jacket and wonder if this is the last time I'll be seeing him. I couldn't imagine life without him. What would I be without him? A nobody. I let my mind wander to the time when Damian told me about the war between these packs two generations ago. I hoped the results would end differently this time. I snap my head as I hear footsteps from the end of the hall. I let out my breath when I see Gray with Alex trailing behind him. I force a smile.

"Hi, I haven't seen you guys in a while." I greeted them, trying to keep my voice from shaking. I couldn't stop thinking about Ryder.
They nod as a greeting and I sigh in relief as Caleb walked out of his hospital room. His light brown hair was messy and tousled from sleeping so long. He yawned and fist-bumped the two boys standing in front of me. It's like when we first met except we were missing Lucian and Klein. I missed Klein's warm, soft brown eyes and his comforting smile. Where was he anyways?

"Where's Klein?" I ask out loud.
"He's out fighting." Alex rolled his eyes. "We can't all stay to protect you, Luna." He mocked me. I try to brighten the dead atmosphere.

"And who allowed you to speak to me like that?" I place my hands on my hips, trying to keep a straight face. A look of surprise crossed his face and he gaped at me like a goldfish.

"I'm just playing with you, Alex." I giggle at his blank expression. Then when what I said got processed through his mind he crossed his arms and snorted.

"Not funny." He muttered, staring at the wall. My giggling has stopped when another scream sounded and rang in my ears. I deadened and sunk back into my chair. The boys had perked up their senses, and were about to shift into a werewolf at any given time. I quickly ran into Lucian's room. He was done the surgery but he hasn't opened his eyelids yet. I breathe out in relief that the snarling sounds outside hasn't woken him up yet. The last thing we wanted was an extremely confused and angry Lucian after a tiring surgery. I slipped out the room slowly, rubbing my cold hands against each other. My hands were frozen from the terror of being invaded. I sit back down on the chair outside where the guys sat.

"Why are they here?" I inquire, biting my nails, a bad habit I had when I was nervous.

"For you." Gray said quietly. His grey eyes flickered to mine. "Their Alpha wants you as his mate."

I shake my head. "But Ryder is my mate."

"If the Alpha can kill the Alpha with a mate, he gets the mate." Caleb shrugged. "That's how it works."

My eyes widen. "Ryder is fighting with the other Alpha?!"

I get up from my seat and march towards the front door. Gray ran to stop me but I shook his hand off. "Look, I have to stop this fight. Everything is my fault!"

I was close to tears from all this confusion and death. First I harm Caleb and Lucian, then I risk Ryder's life by coming into his life. "Please." I beg him to let me leave. He sighs, exasperated.

"Well you aren't going alone." Gray says, taking a deep breath. I thank him and push open the doors, the frosty winter air hitting my face. It was chilly outside and a breeze rippled in the trees. Snarls and growls echoed through the bare trees. As I got nearer, I could even feel the vibration from the sound waves.

On the trail I stepped over a dead wolf who I kneeled over. I could recognize the eyes. Klein. I could feel my heart burst open with all the emotions building up. This was not happening. I let my tears flow out of my eyes and I lay my head on his big breathing body. His heart was uneven and he was gasping for the cold frosty air. His eyes were glassy and I had a sudden wave of déjà vu. This reminded me of Damian's eyes when he thought he was dying. I had to try.

"Klein." I rasp out in between sobs. I couldn't make much more words out and my vision blurred. Klein used his last bit of energy to lick my face with his big, sloppy tongue. Then I watched, my heart shattering into a million pieces. His eyes slowly closed and he fell limp in my arms. I shook my head violently.

"No. No." I whimpered and stuck my face into his warm fur. The heat was slowly leaving him and after a while, his fur became cold. As I lay my head there, I could no longer feel or hear his heartbeat in his chest. I sob, leaving tear stains on his light brown fur, the colour of my favourite coffee. "Goodbye Klein."

I don't know how long I stayed there, feeling heartbroken over a deceased Klein but Gray picked me up in his arms. I started tearing up again but he covers my mouth lightly with his hand, preventing my loud hiccups and sobs to be heard. He jumped into the woods and hid behind a tree stump. My tears were getting frozen from the cold and I was wiping them away furiously. Gray glanced at me a couple times but kept his eyes trained on two wolves beside Klein's dead body. They were enormous and dark fur covered their backs. I held my breath and watched them nudge at Klein. It hurt to watch. I couldn't look as they sniffed him and left him back on the snowy ground where he would rest in peace. I could feel tears stinging at the back of my eyes again, my vision being blurred by them. I had a long day and everything that happened today was all my fault. Gray waited until the two wolves left before standing up again. He held out a hand for me and pulled me up gracefully. He nodded at Klein.

"Do you want to stay with him for a bit?" He asks me, considering the amount of time I spent crying over his death. I ponder for a second but I decided not to go back for now. I would probably burst into tears again. My tears have just dried off. I needed to bring him somewhere though, this was too harsh of a place to be left. This was the boy who had welcomed me to school and been nothing but kind the entire time I was with him. I owed him but I could never repay him now. I follow Gray silently with a heavy heart and we trudged through the forest in misery. I could tell that his death was hard on Gray too. He had known Klein longer than I have so it would've hurt him more. If it did, Gray didn't show it. I was silent for the entire walk and Gray didn't speak either. We were both mounting the hill in sorrow for a lost soul that I respect and love in our own ways.

❤️ Author's Note ❤️

Goodbye Klein...

I'm not sure how to continue this story because I got off track with my writing but I'll try to get this story as back on track as possible!

Other than that, enjoy the rest and thank you for 400 views!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

626 5 21
Everyone talks about how precious is the mate bond, how it is the most important thing in the life of a werewolf, and how it should lead us, shape...
9.7M 228K 47
He pushed me up against the wall and looked into my eyes. I knew he felt the same spark as I did, I'm his mate. And he was trouble. "Mine" he growled...
27.3K 3K 43
Part Two of Blood Burden [Book 7] ||| ❝It was her pain that brought more strength than she could imagine.❞ ▫▫▫▫ ▫▫▫▫ ▫▫▫▫ She knew life wasn't fai...
170K 4.9K 34
Being the daughter of the moon goddess and an angel is stuff but being in danger all the time is stuffer, when my house is attacked both my parents a...