teach me to be innocent, l.he...

By fckinghealy

when a good girl teaches a bad boy how to fake innocence More

#1: no punching people
#2: ditching is a thrill
#3: don't hide your brilliant mind
#4: be the seducer not the seduced
#5: don't laugh at someone's embarrassment
#6: breaking curfew won't kill you
#7: giving to others is rewarding
#8: weed never killed nobody
#9: respect women
#11: don't underestimate girl power
#12: don't overestimate my control
#13: promise to leave me alone
#14: sometimes you have to break promises
#15: tequila shots don't heal broken people
#16: good people forgive
#17: other people's actions aren't a reflection of your worth
#18: time can heal all wounds
#19: fucking doesn't mean lack of love
#20: i'll always be back for you
#21: being good has benefits
#22: michael is full of surprises
#23: everyone's a rebound
#24: the truth always comes out
#26: it should be illegal for you to wear my clothes
end

#10: don't assume i'm a whore

8.4K 321 123
By fckinghealy

If you had told me a month ago that I would be feeling guilty for something I said to Luke Hemmings I would have laughed, but now the thought just made me feel even worse.

Things had been going so well between Luke and I. An actual friendship had begun to form, and then I had to go say something petty. I probably shouldn't have pointed out how I thought he was a man whore, I admit that, but I honestly didn't think he'd get upset over it.

It was common knowledge not to fuck with Luke Hemmings. Half the girls in our grade had been there and tried to tame him.

"Arizona?" Mrs. Lewis called my name, and I snapped out of trance I was currently in. "Can you give me the answer?"

"Uhhh..." I looked around the room, completely forgetting what we were even talking about. "Um, no. Sorry?" I cringed at the disappointed look I received in return.

I think Mrs. Lewis moved on to someone else because it was rare I didn't respond or know the answer. She had honestly just caught me by surprise. For the rest of the period, I tried my hardest to pay attention and not think about how hurt Luke looked.

When Lunch rolled around I noticed Luke was absent from the table, and figured he was eating with Michael. It made me feel worse. Katherine was also no where to be found and after a little chatting with Ashton I found out it was because I went out with Luke after dropping her home on Friday.

Great, so my best friend and new friend both had the shits with me. Well done, Arizona. Two birds with one stone.

By the afternoon Katherine had promptly ignored three of my text messages. I hadn't even tried with Luke, a little more scared of his rejection.

I was leaning against an old Oak tree that had been here for years – back when my parents went to high school. The bus was always late, and today was no expectation. Ashton couldn't drive me home because he was meeting up with Hugh and although Calum offered to take me, I lived no where near him so I declined.

"I don't understand why you don't just get your license." A voice called behind me. I paused for a moment having recognised the voice, before twisting around and coming face to face with Tyler.

"I've told you before." I reminded him. "I don't like driving."

He cracked a smirk. "You're not willing to take control of a car, but you're okay with other people driving?"

"I only get in the car with someone I trust." I responded, wondering what he was even doing here.

"And on the back of motorbikes?"

"That's... none of your business." I said, straightening up. Luke would be proud.

"Yeah, I know." Tyler smiled sadly. "But that wasn't my choice, now was it?"

My lips parted. I had no idea what to say back to that. Thankfully, I heard someone yell out my name. Luke was behind the interruption. He grinned at me easily, as if things hadn't been awkward this morning.

"Thanks for waiting. Mr. Larken had some ten minute rant at me after class." Luke rolled his eyes, before throwing his arm around me casually as if we had plans after school. "Oh, hey Tyler. What are you doing here?"

Tyler scratched the back of his neck. "I thought Ari was waiting for the bus so I was about to offer her a lift."

"Really?" Luke turned the me with a questioning stare. "Well, if you want to ride home with Tyler..." He trailed off but I shook my head.

I really didn't want to go with Tyler when Luke was at my side. I was scared if I left things would get worse. I'd do anything to make up for what I said earlier.

"No." I said softly out before wincing at Tyler. "No offence or anything... I'd just rather..."

"Be with Luke." Tyler nodded. "It's okay. I get it. Have fun kids." He saluted jokingly before walking back to the car park.

"Um," I turned to Luke nervously. "Did we have plans this afternoon?"

"No. I just..." Luke shoved his hands in his pockets and gave me a sheepish smile. "I figured Tyler was offering you a lift home. Wanted to make it clear you were riding with me."

"Am I?" I asked quietly. "About this morning... I really am sorry."

"Nah, it's okay. I figured there was nothing really to apologize about. My reputation is my fault. Not yours." Luke shrugged before grabbing my wrist and dragging me over to his bike. "But lesson ten; don't assume I'm a whore."

I apologized again.

"Well... thanks for giving me a lift home." I said after a moments pause.

Luke was holding his helmet in his hands, his back to me as he spoke up. "Would you... would you have gone home with Tyler?"

I couldn't see his face, but his shoulders seemed tense at the idea of Tyler taking me home. I was confused to why he seemed so invested in it. Tyler and I weren't together anymore. If anything, it was just awkward seeing him/ talking to him.

"No." I answered honestly. "I was explaining to him how I only drive places with people I trust. I think it was clear that I don't trust him anymore. We've barely spoken since I broke up with him."

"Okay." Luke blew out a relieved sigh. "Hop on, Starke." He threw me the helmet without saying anything else on the Tyler subject.

-x-

When Luke dropped me home, I thanked him and he gave me the usual sarcastic mock salute. I thought he might hang around for a bit, but he started to climb onto his bike as quickly as he had climbed off. I panicked a bit, wanting him to stay so I knew for sure I hadn't messed things up completely.

"Where are you going?" I asked lightly, wondering if the answer would be home or perhaps a girls house.

"I'll drive around for a bit. Might get a bite at the diner." Luke shrugged.

"Why? I mean, like, why not go home?" I was cautious incase the question was unwanted.

"I've been sexiled." Luke said casually, leaning against his bike. My eyebrows furrowed.

"I'm sorry. What?"

"Sexiled." Luke repeated in a bored manner. "Sex exiled. Exiled from my house because of sex. My brother." He added, which confused me even more.

"I don't understand." I frowned.

"My brothers girlfriend is loud." Luke replied drily. "I avoid the house after school."

"Oh." My cheeks burned at the prospect of sex – loud sex.

"You're cute when your get flustered at the mention of sex." Luke smirked. "Cute and... bewildering."

"Bewildering?" I arched my eyebrow.

"Yeah, because you kiss like a goddamn sinner but act like a saint. It makes me interested to see what other sides of you exist." Luke nodded, before grabbing his helmet.

"Wait!" I blurted out, before kicking at the pavement. "You can hang out here if you want? I mean, if you don't want to go and eat alone at a diner. We can watch a movie."

"That sounds a lot more entertaining." Luke admitted, before maneuvering his bike so it wasn't on the side of the road. He grabbed his helmet and gestured for me to open the door, so I took that as him accepting my request.

I was secretly glad my parents were at work and Phoenix was still at Uni. I didn't want the awkward "oh this is my friend/ kind of enemy" introduction.

"Want something to drink?" I asked as Luke sat on the couch. I hovered between the kitchen and the lounge room.

"Water's fine." Luke said nonchalantly, before skimming his eyes over my movie collection.

I grabbed a few chip packets, and two water glasses before walking back into the room. I handed Luke the snacks and sat down next to him.

"So, Ari, what do you sing in the shower?" Luke asked nonchalantly and a bit randomly.

"That's a weird question." I didn't hesitate in calling him out.

"Is it?" Luke chuckled. "I think it says a lot about someone. I, personally, go for a little rock ballad, maybe some Michael Jackson. Can't go wrong with "Eye of the Tiger," either."

I munched on my chips thoughtfully (not at all thinking about Luke, wet and unclothed, belting out "Eye of the Tiger," adorably unashamed). "I don't know. One Direction is a classic go to, but even Justin Bieber is belting out some bangers these days and I've been known to freestyle rap. One time my Tyler did some beatboxing for me while I rapped about McDonalds." The burning sensation on my cheeks was extremely prominent.

Luke raised an eyebrow. "Tyler showered with you?"

"No– That's not what I meant," I backtracked frantically. "Tyler was in the bathroom brushing his teeth and just joined in from the sinks. He wasn't like, in the shower with me."

Luke hmm'd understandingly. "Tyler's loss, I guess. I'd never miss that opportunity."

I had nothing to say in return, so Luke merely picked a movie for us to watch. It was unusually comforting to just relax and spend the entire afternoon watching movies with Luke.

okay so there is like a hEAP OF GRAMMAR MISTAKES/ TYPOS AND IM SO SORRY 

but i realised i haven't uploaded in forevERRRR which is weird/10 because i love this story and im so so so sorry but im on a 4 month break so updates will definitely be more frequent!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

787K 7.5K 107
book 2 of the 5sos preferences
455 26 31
Michael Clifford Fanfic
109K 8K 39
the one where a boy pretends to be a girl to trick the dickhead of the school.
419K 10.7K 96
Someone that gets adopted by 5sos That's about it ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★