Blank Canvas (Levi x Artist R...

By ReiraHoshikuzu

What if you could make a painting and it came to life? *artwork does not belong to me.* More

Inspiration
Rough Draft
Character Sketch

Outline

320 12 0
By ReiraHoshikuzu

You are my foundation.

You are my rock.

When everything around me falls

You help me stand strong.

[Y/N] finished breakfast with Levi, who did the dishes afterward. However, she wasn't sure if it was out of kindness or if he just had a strange compulsion to do so. Either way, she decided to say nothing about it.

She went back in her room to get ready for the day, after an hour she emerged from her room to be greeted by a strange scene in her living room. Her house was cleaner than it had been in years, and Levi was standing on a chair in the corner with a feather duster, trying to get the cobwebs off of the ceiling. A white bandana was tied around his hair, and another was pulled over his nose and mouth.

She stared for a moment, confused at first, then she began to laugh in amusement. "Levi? What are you doing?" She asked shaking her head.

He paused and pulled the cloth away from his face to speak, "Tch... your house is filthy, Brat. Someone has to clean it if you won't."

"Excuse me, I keep my house fairly clean. Maybe not this clean, but clean enough." [Y/N] bit back, crossing her arms, "Anyways, I have a few more questions to ask you so I can assess what we need to do today, so get down here for a minute."

"Don't tell me what to do, Brat."

She groaned, "Please come down here for a minute?" she asked with as much sarcasm in her voice as she could muster.

"Tch... You're annoying." He mumbled back as he got down off the chair.

"Uh-hu, so are you, and you're short." [Y/N] replied as she sat at the table with a pen and a pad of paper.

"I'm taller than you." She heard Levi mumble, but chose to ignore him.

"Okay, so first, do you have any sort of identification? ID, birth certificate, social security card? Anything? And do you know anything about yourself? I need to figure out where I need to start." She explained.

Levi sat at the table, adjacent to her, "I have all my personal information, and I know who I am, what I like, and don't like. I just don't know any past I may have had or where I came from. I just know that you painted me and I'm here now."

"Well I suppose that makes things convenient." [Y/N] said, relieved. "Okay, next. So what about clothes? You've been wearing the same thing since you came out of the painting. You kinda look like some sort of pirate or something. Do you have any other clothes, or will we have to buy some more for you?"

Levi rolled his eyes before he spoke, "No, I don't have any other clothes besides these, so yes I will have to get some. Also, personal hygiene products."

"Are you OCD or some sort of germaphobe?" [Y/N] asked, closing her eyes and furrowing her eyebrows, trying to understand the man that sat across from her, "You can't use what I already have?"

"No. I just don't like having dirt and a ton of shit laying around everywhere. And I don't want to smell like flowers."

It's not even ten o'clock and this guy is already giving me a headache,  "Well, just stay away from my art studio. I don't want you changing anything around in there."

"Fine." He complied, surprisingly with no complaints.

"Thank you, and while we're out, you need to ask places if they're hiring, ask for a job application, and apply. I can't have you stay here for too long. I really don't know how I'm going to explain it to Erwin if he decides to come by." She thought out loud, rubbing her temples, "Although he doesn't come by as often anymore with his new job..."

Levi continued to stare at her with a bored expression, "I know how to apply for jobs, Brat. Is there anything else you need to tell me, or is there any other useless information you feel obligated to provide?"

"You're really getting on my nerves, you know that?" She took a deep breath before proceeding, "Are you familiar with the technology we have? Cars, computers, phones?"

"Of course I am, Brat. I'm not stupid."

I.... am never going to paint another person again... "Okay, last thing. We will need to talk to the landlady. Maybe we can get you a deal on an apartment complex once you get hired. Then after all this I want to figure out how you got here and if there's anyone else like you."

"Fine, is that it?" He asked.

"I think that's it. Are you ready to go?" She asked as she grabbed her purse and phone.

"Tch... Obviously."

She bit her lip to avoid saying something snarky back to the raven haired man, and thought a moment before speaking, "You really should try to not be so rude especially to the person who's letting you stay in their apartment, and paying for your stuff. And you won't get a job like that either. So please try to be nice."

"You're going to pay for my stuff?" He asked, suddenly realizing the obvious.

"Uh, yeah, idiot. Did you think you could charm people into giving you free stuff?"

"No." He simply stated, but looked away, avoiding eye contact with her before she heard him mumble, "Thank you."

[Y/N] smiled, at least he's not too bad of a person, "You're welcome, Levi. Let's go."

She walked out of her door and checked her phone as they made their way down the hallway. The screen lit up with a message from Erwin.

> Hey [Y/N], sorry I've

been really busy with

work. But I'll be able to

get off early today, do

you want to go out, or

hang out at home?

She smiled at the message, it had been a while since they had been able to have some time together.

> Sure, I have some errands 

to run today, though. I'll 

decide later is that ok? Do 

you think I can come over 

at 3?

> Thats fine, either sounds

good as long as I get to see

you. And yes. I'll see you then.

> KK. Love you.

> Love you too.

"What are you smiling like an idiot for, Brat?" Levi tch'ed as we got into my car.

"Why do you have to be so nosy, Levi?" She said, still grinning, "I might be back late tonight. I'm going to hang out with Erwin after we're done running errands."

Levi's eyebrow twitched, "Your boyfriend? You'd better take a shower if you decide to get nasty."

[Y/N] felt her face flush, "If we do that's none of your business!"

Levi scoffed, "How long have you been together?"

"Um... Almost a year."

"And you still haven't slept with him?" Levi asked almost indifferently.

[Y/N] looked over at the expressionless man almost shocked he could ask such a question so shamelessly.

"I- We're waiting for the right time, and.... Wait, I didn't tell you we hadn't um... slept together." She stuttered due to the awkwardness.

"It's obvious." He stated, "If you had you probably would have just said you weren't coming back tonight instead of saying you'll be back late."

"Whatever." [Y/N] drove the rest of the way to the mall in awkward silence.

The pair spent the next few hours in and out of stores. Levi kept grabbing the same style of white button up shirt and black pants, while [Y/N] pushed him to try on different things she had found on the clearance rack. They reached a compromised and bought one pair of black pants, and one white button up shirt. The rest were clothes she had found. However, he managed to find some sort of defect on most of the items. Luckily, after showing the small damages to the cashier, they gave us a discount as compensation. [Y/N] watched and was pleasantly surprised at how good he was at negotiating.

The pair continued on through the mall. Each place they passed Levi became civil enough to ask for and fill out job applications. [Y/N] even found a sweater that was perfect on him. She couldn't help thinking about how good he looked in it.

By 1:00 pm they sat down for lunch and had everything he would need to get by until he got a job.

"Thank you," [Y/N] heard Levi say softly, "I really appreciate you getting all of this for me."

She felt a smile creep up on her lips. It was really satisfying hearing him say something nice toward her, "You're welcome, Levi. Normally I would have you pay me back eventually, but I feel bad for putting you in this situation. If I hadn't painted you then you wouldn't have to deal with all this."

"But if you hadn't, I wouldn't be here at all. I would like to know why it happened though."

"Me too. I don't want this happening accidentally again." She smirked, "Maybe you can do some research for me while I'm out tonight as form of payment."

"Fine, but only because I want to know too."

An hour later they arrived back at [Y/N's] apartment complex, and knocked on the landlady's office door, but no one answered.

"Hm... It seems like she's out for now. We can try back again tomorrow."

[Y/N] touched up her makeup, and changed into a cute sweater and jeans before emerging from her room, "Levi, I'm going now. Feel free to find something to eat in the.... fridge?" She looked in her kitchen and saw him on his hands and knees, polishing her kitchen floor, wearing the white bandanas over his hair and his face once more. He stopped to look up at her.

She shook her head, "I'm not even going to say anything... Have fun with the cleaning supplies, and I'll see you later." She said, and heard a "tch" as she walked out the door.

[Y/N] chuckled. He might be a little rude, but... I like him, she thought.

Author-chan: Thank you for reading my stories! I love all of you so much!! I can't believe how quickly this story is getting readers. My sister says I need a villain in this story, but I don't know. If I do add a villain character it'll be Emil. *evil laugh* (he's my oc from my previous fanfic No Regrets and everyone hates him.) Do you guys think I should add a villain, or no? Idk. Let me know what you guys think. I mean, this is still a work in progress. But I always love comments! Let me know what you think/want! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

315K 20K 84
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
253K 6.1K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
973K 16.8K 42
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
282K 12.7K 36
જ⁀➴ᡣ𐭩 hidden, various hazbin hotel characters x female reader જ⁀➴ᡣ𐭩 𝑰𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 we follow an angel named y/n, who had her bes...