Because You Love Me

Par thegirlwhowrites11

Alaina Evans was considered dangerous and locked away...until the Death Eaters came for her. She was saved b... Plus

1. There's Something Wrong
2. Welcome Home
3. Meeting Harry
4. The Last Stand
5. Dead and Gone
6. A Night at Spinner's End
7. The Boy Who Lived
8. Arrangements
9. Number 4 Privet Drive
10. The Funeral
11. Sirius Justice
12. Finally Eleven
13. An Old Friend
14. Muggle Studies
15. Welcome to Hogwarts
16. The Hogwarts Express
17. Sorted
18. First Classes
19. A Lesson in Flying
20. Potions
21. Late Night Talks
22. Suspicious Minds
23. Midnight Adventure
24. Halloween Blues
25. Troll in the Dungeon
26. Jinxing the Broom
27. See Me After Class
28. The Mirror of Erised
29. Christmas
30. Their Deepest and Most Desperate Desires
31. The Sorcerer's Stone
32. Detention With Hagrid
33. Something Wicked
34. Fluffy's Secret
35. The Trap Door
36. Two-Faced Villian
37. Hospitalized
38. Points for Gryffindor
39. Going Home
40. Blissful Summer
41. Dobby
42. Meeting Malfoy
43. Another Year Begins
44. The Elf's Warning
45. Second Year Classes
46. Mudblood
47. Enemies of the Heir
48. What Lies Within
49. Rogue
50. Dobby Returns
51. Moaning Myrtle
52. Parselmouth
53. Petrified
54. Christmas Revelations
55. The Diary
56. Wrong Place, Wrong Time
57. Into the Chamber
58. Tom Marvolo Riddle
59. Reborn
60. Voldemort Has Returned
61. Dead or Alive
62. A Marked Man
63. Free
64. Escape
65. Big Black Dog
66. There's Something Out There
67. Out in the Open
68. Everything's Changed
69. Outcast
70. Lupin's Request
71. Buckbeak and Malfoy
72. Sighted
73. Severus and the Boggart
74. A Shocking Revelation
75. Trouble in Hogsmeade
76. The Doctor and Sirius Black
77. The Fat Lady
78. Freefall
79. The Marauder's Map
80. The Firebolt
81. Return of the Black Dog
82. Seeing the Impossible
83. A Rat Among Them
84. The Whomping Willow
85. The Truth About Scabbers
86. Attack of the Wolf
87. The Stag
88. Cleared
89. Preparations
90. Nightmares
91. Haunted
92. A Wedding at Hogwarts
93. The Message
94. Seven
95. Burning at Both Ends
96. The Exchange
97. The Death of Harry
99. Reunited
100. New Beginnings

98. Shattered

4.5K 162 13
Par thegirlwhowrites11

Severus was holding his own against Voldemort, which surprised both of them. Voldemort hadn't known that Severus was so good with spells. He had always prized him for his knowledge and skill in potions. All this time, he could have been using him for other things. If only he hadn't fallen in love with a Mudblood.

"Don't you get it, Severus?" he taunted. "You are nothing. You failed. You were supposed to protect that little boy and he ended up protecting you and the woman you love. How pathetic can you be?"

Severus glared at him. He knew what he was trying to do. "It's not going to work!" he shouted. "You're trying to distract me, to make me feel guilty. If I do feel that way, I'll do it later, when I'm rid of you!"

Voldemort sneered. "Childish dream, that is! You will never be rid of me!"

Alaina clenched her jaw. Yes, they would. They would be rid of him. She looked down at Harry. He had become so cold in such a short time. Holding him in her arms was freezing her, but she didn't care. She couldn't make herself let go of him. She glanced around the room. Death Eaters were lying everywhere, it seemed. Lupin and Sirius were still dueling. So many were dead already. Bellatrix was gone, plus several others. She and Severus and their friends had survived. So far, the battle was being won. By them. She took a deep breath and focused her energy on Voldemort. She saw his leg give a little and she knew that it was working. He was feeling the pain she was bringing him. She wanted to smile knowing that, but there was nothing left to smile about. The little boy she had cared for so much, had given up her life to protect, was gone now. In the end, he had protected her instead.

"Stop this!" Voldemort screamed. He threw a spell at her.

Alaina closed her eyes, and braced herself. There wasn't enough time for her to get her wand and she knew it. The spell would hit her anyway, or so she thought. The impact never came. She glanced behind her. Dumbledore smiled down at her.

"I thought you could use some help," he told her.

She nodded. "The diary?"

"Destroyed."

"Ron and Hermione?"

"Fine."

Alaina sighed in relief. That was good news. "Then why isn't he dying?" she questioned.

Again, Dumbledore smiled. "Give it time."

Almost as if on cue, Voldemort fell to his knees. A wave of something swept through him. Severus kept his wand on him, but he had no idea what was happening. None of them did. It looked like a wave of electricity. He was flashing in and out like an old television set.

"What's happening to me?" Voldemort cried.

Severus stared at him for a moment. He did not know.

Sirius and Lupin managed to take down the last of the Death Eaters, with a little unexpected help from Tonks from the rear. They all ran over to Alaina, Dumbledore, and Severus.

"What's happening?" Sirius asked Dumbledore.

The old man had a twinkle in his eye when he answered. "Justice."

He frowned. That really hadn't answered his question, but he wasn't going to complain about it. Something was going down and it had brought evil to its knees. Literally. That's all he really needed to know. He knelled beside of Alaina and placed his hand on her shoulder.

"You have to let him go."

She shook her head, but she didn't look at him. "No. I won't. I can't."

Lupin knelled down as well. He put his hand on her other shoulder. He didn't say anything, but he knew she was going through torture. He just prayed she could keep her anger at bay. He didn't want her to lose control of her powers. That would be the most terrible thing that could ever happen.

"What's happening to him?" Severus asked, pivoting to face Dumbledore.

"I'm not sure," Dumbledore answered. "But Voldemort's reign of terror is over. Harry made sure of that. Ron and Hermione destroyed the diary. This is the result."

Voldemort was still flashing in and out. Suddenly, he felt unimaginable pain and something left him. It was like a ghost almost, transparent. There was a loud wail, so potent that it hurt the ears of everyone in the room. It was unlike anything any of them had ever seen or heard.

"Cover your ears!" Sirius screamed.

The wail continued to get louder and louder. Downstairs, Ron, Hermione, and Draco had no idea what was going on. They had their ears covered, but the windows had started to shake. They all dove for the floor just before the windows shattered. It wasn't just that one either. It was every window in the place. Hermione cried out, but Ron and Draco were both lying there on the floor beside of her, each with an arm over her back. They glanced at each other strangely. Protecting Hermione? That was new territory for both of them. They heard the glass bust all over the house. And then suddenly, just like it had come, the noise ceased.

Ron got up and grabbed the diary, gunk and all, after he removed the sword. He gave the sword to Hermione for safekeeping. Draco had no idea what was going on, but that was the most frightened he had ever been in his life.

Upstairs, the adults were in awe. The wail had led to Voldemort literally pulling apart. But it was just the ghost of him. His body was already dead.

"Anybody going to check him?" Sirius asked meekly.

Alaina was so freaked out by what she'd seen that she definitely wasn't going to volunteer to do it. She was shaking, inside and out. What she had just witnessed, didn't seem humanly possible. It was so strange. Severus bent down and hugged her. He gently took Harry from her arms and laid him on the floor.

"There's nothing you can do for him now, love," he told her. "I'm sorry." Tears formed in his eyes. "I'm going to miss him."

"Me too," Alaina said weakly.

Dumbledore seemed to be the only one willing to go near the body of Voldemort, so he checked to make sure he was dead. Everyone held their breath, until he glanced up at them. He nodded his head and they knew it was true. They felt like celebrating then. The fact that Harry was dead was the only thing that saddened them. He was gone forever. At least, that's what they thought...

~ * ~

Harry opened his eyes. Wherever he was at, it was bright white. No other colors existed. He sat up. He couldn't see anything. It was like there was a thick fog all around him, like he had fallen into some creepy old Muggle movie or something.

"Where am I?" he said.

He felt naked, like there was something missing. Instinctively, his hands went to his face. His glasses were gone, but he could see perfectly. That was strange, and that wasn't the only thing. He also felt as light as a feather, like he could float in the sky with the clouds. Then it dawned on him. There was only one reason he would be feeling so light and that his sight would finally be corrected. He was dead. A deep sadness surged through him, not for selfish reasons, but thinking of what Severus and Alaina and all of his friends were feeling at that moment. By now, they must all know. Even Draco was probably sad.

"You're in limbo, Harry."

Harry's eyes stretched. He had thought he was alone, but he heard the voice, as clear as a bell, behind him. It was the voice of a female, a voice he vaguely remembered, but it was familiar just the same. He gulped and slowly pivoted. He let out a small gasp when he saw her. She was beautiful. Her hair was long and fiery red. She looked familiar to him, just her outline. That was all he could see. The dense fog was covering her face, but when she took a step toward him, he could see her perfectly. He gasped.

"Ginny."

Ginny smiled at him. "I've been waiting for you."

Harry stared at her, not sure what to say. He opened his mouth, but no sound came out of it. He closed it again.

"I knew you would be here eventually."

A realization came over him. It all came flooding back in flashes, the killing curse, his mother, him jumping in front of it to save her. He remembered it all.

"I'm dead," he stated. He gazed up at her, his eyes glossy with emotion. "Aren't I?"

Ginny stared at him. "For now." She reached her hand out to him. "Come here. I have something I want to show you."

Harry gave her his hand. It was strange when she touched him. It sent shivers through him. He let Ginny lead him through the fog. When they finally stopped, they were standing at some sort of gate. Through it, he could see his mother and Severus, Ron and Hermione, Draco, Sirius, Lupin, Tonks, and Dumbledore. They were all there, gathered around him.

"They miss you."

"I miss them too."

She smiled. "It was brave, what you did. You've always been a hero, Harry, but you have to go now."

He frowned at her. "I don't understand."

"You're not meant to stay here, Harry," Ginny told him. "You have an option. You can go back, be with your family."

He smiled. That was what he wanted, more than anything. Suddenly, a thought hit him. "Wait. What about you?"

"Don't worry about me, Harry. I'm going to be fine right where I am."

"I miss you, Ginny."

"I miss you too."

Harry sighed. There were so many things he wanted to say to her. "I wanted to save you. I'm sorry I was too late."

Ginny slid her hand down the side of his face. "It was my destiny, Harry. You couldn't save me because it wasn't meant to be. I don't blame you. I know you tried your best. I know it killed you because you didn't get there in time."

Tears came to his eyes. "I killed you."

"NO." Her voice was firm. "You didn't. Voldemort did. Now, because of you, he's dead."

Harry's eyes widened. He hadn't known that. "Really?"

Ginny nodded. "The world will be a better place when you go back to it."

"I don't know that I should. I don't want to leave you."

She smiled. "I'm flattered, Harry. Really. I waited for two years to hear you say that, but look at your family, your friends. They need you back. I'll always be there. Don't worry about that. I will never leave you."

Tears rolled down his cheeks. Ginny wiped them gently away. "No tears here, Harry." She let go of him. "I've always loved you."

He smiled. "I realized it too late, but I loved you too, Ginny. You were the first girl to notice me. You made me feel special."

"You are special, Harry. Never forget me."

"I won't."

Harry felt himself being pulled away from her. He didn't want to let go of her hand. It was nice to see her and even more amazing to talk to her, but he was leaving. It was strange. He hadn't stepped toward the gate, but something was pulling him back. Ginny was fading farther and farther into the distance and he called out to her, but she didn't move. Tears streamed down his face.

 "Ginny."

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

430K 13.8K 28
*Featured in Wattpad @Fanfic Recommendations* Severus Snape could not possibly be more focused on his tasks now that he is aware of the Dark Lord's f...
55.7K 2.1K 32
Emma Moore, professor in Healing at Hogwarts, has to suppress her feelings for her old best friend and now colleague Severus Snape, who she hasn't se...
77.3K 3K 42
After coming to terms with her past, Ms Sofia Greene chooses to develop a stable career at Hogwarts. For over 4 years, she was known as one of the mo...
48.2K 1.4K 38
A new professor arrives at Hogwarts and Severus Snape could not be more annoyed that Defense Against the Dark Arts was given to someone new, but what...