Whats Love Got to do With it...

By cfa1230

Carmella is kind of your typical teen. She's sixteen, the baby of the family with an annoying big sister and... More

Arranged Marriage to a Stranger (1)
Arranged Marriage to a Stranger (2)
Arranged Marriage to a Stranger (3)
Arranged Marriage to a Stranger (4)
Arranged Marriage to a Stranger (5)
Arranged Marriage to a Stranger (6)
Arranged Marriage to a Stranger (7)
Arranged Marriage to a Stranger (8)
Arranged Marriage to a Stranger (10)
Arranged Marriage to a Stranger (11)
Arranged Marriage to a Stranger (12)
Arranged Marriage to a Stranger (13)
Arranged Marriage to a Stranger (14)
Arranged Marriage to a Stranger (15)
Arranged Marriage to a Stranger (16)
Arranged Marriage to a Stranger (17)
Arranged Marriage to a Stranger (18, END of PART 1)
Whats Love Got to do With It? (Sequel to Arranged Marriage to a Stranger, 1)
Whats Love Got to do With it? (2)
Whats Love Got to do With it? (3)
What's Love Got to do With it? (4)
Whats Love Got to do With it? (5)
What's Love Got to do With It? (6)
Whats Love Got to do With it? (7)
Whats Love Got to Do With It? (8)
Whats Love Got to do With it? (9)
Whats Love Got to do With it? (10)
Whats Love Got to do With it? 10 (Re-post)
What's Love Got to do With it? (11)
Whats Love Got to do With it? (12)
Whats Love Got to do With it? (13)
Whats Love Got to do With it? (14)
Chapter 15 (Final)

Arranged Marriage to a Stranger (9)

80.9K 2.1K 292
By cfa1230

Ok, so first I want to give a big THANK YOU to everyone who has voted and commented and followed my story, you guys rock, and because of you I've seen myself on the "Most Popular" writers thing on wattpad a couple of times, which I personally think is pretty cool. So here's a nice long post for you guys as thanks, enjoy! Oh, by the way, I want everyone to go to youtube and listen to the song 'meet me half way' by the black eyed peas if you haven't heard it yet. I'm addicted to it, and it was the inspiration for this post, i listened to it the entire time i wrote.

Chapter 9

I was under the covers, I would say, for about twenty minutes before my mother burst into the bedroom and ripped the blanket off of me, exposing me to the harsh coldness of both the room and her fury.

"Carmella, what are you doing in our room, nonetheless sleeping in our bed?"

"Um, I had a bad dream." That sounded believable to me.

"Carmella, do you honestly think your mother is that stupid?"

Yes. "No."

"Now, get out of the bed and go back to the guest house if you want to sleep, your father and I want to take a nap before dinner, so out!" My mother shrieked. Argh, why can't I be five again, then the nightmare excuse would have totally worked. "Fine" I mumbled, before grudgingly getting out of her bed and leaving the room.

As I walked back towards the guest house I slowly began to hyperventilate. Though I will admit I kind of, sort of enjoyed myself today with Ezra, I am also completely appalled at the fact that I swapped spit with that gorilla on steroids. By the look he gave me before leaving, I'm pretty sure Ezra reciprocates the feeling. When I finally got to the guest house I stopped and stood outside the front door, contemplating whether I should go in or not. On the one hand, I knew if I didn't find a bed within the next five minutes I would pass out right here on the grass. On the other hand, if I try to sneak back into the beach house my mother would probably put me on diaper duty until my nephew is potty trained. I looked down at the ground, the grass didn't look so bad, so I began to sit down on the lawn when, of course, the sprinklers go off. I sighed, the guest house it is then. 

Luck seemed to be on my side as I walked through the guest house, I had managed to completely avoid running into Ezra, and I couldn't help but hope that my good luck would last long enough to get me to my room. Am I ever that lucky? 

As I was making my way down one of the hallways, I could hear a light grunting coming from one of the rooms. The farther down the hallway I got the easier I could hear the grunting. I started to get a little panicky, if Ezra was screwing some girl in his room I really didn't want to see, hear or know about it.

The last door on the right was slightly open and I knew that was the room Ezra was in. I couldn't decide if I wanted to look in or not; part of me did because frankly, I was curious, but part of me didn't, because even though there is nothing emotionally there between Ezra and myself, the thought of him doing "things" with other girls kind of bothered me. What the hell is wrong with me?

I sucked it up and peered into the room, and you'll never guess what I saw.

Nothing at all, well nothing bad anyway. In fact, I kind of enjoyed the view. The room wasn't Ezra's bedroom but his gym, and Ezra wasn't screwing some girl on his bed mercilessly, like how I imagine he would (not that I think about doing it with him), but was doing pull ups on a bar hanging from the ceiling in the middle of the room. It was amazing... oh god, am I drooling? Eww.

After I wiped the spit off my lower lip I leaned in closer to the door. Ezra was still doing pull ups but he was going much faster now. I could hear him counting out loud and I think I heard him say 587?!? I was gone for like twenty five minutes, tops, how did he do so many so quick? When he got to six hundred he let go and dropped to the ground, pulling a towel off of a nearby workbench and wiping the sweat from his face and body. I was about to turn and leave, since things got boring now that he wasn't working out anymore, but he started mumbling something to himself. At first I thought he saw me and was talking to me, and I wont lie I was about to bolt from the doorway, but I soon realized he was talking to himself. Great, my fiancé is psycho.... I guess I could live with that if he promises never to wear a shirt.

"God, what is wrong with me? What was I thinking today, I kissed her? Shit." Ezra muttered out loud, before plopping down on the same workbench and placing his head in his hands. Yeah... he definitely was upset about today, great. All of sudden Ezra started laughing and again I panicked thinking that he saw me.

"I bet I was 'little miss virgin's' first kiss too. Damn, its been a while since I've been with a virgin." Ezra chuckled again before grinning.

That ass. First he terrorizes me at my own party, calling me a bitch, then he tricks me into this stupid arranged marriage, then he kisses me to prove he's not gay, and now he's making fun of me to his imaginary friend!!! Just wait Ezra Biton, tomorrow I am going through your room, I'm going to find your steroids and switch them with estrogen, then we'll see who'll be laughing. Que internal creepy cackle!! Oh shit, did I just laugh out loud instead (he he -> lol)? Ezra's head snapped up, and for twenty seconds our eyes met and locked. Ezra slowly opened his mouth, "Carmella?".

I can't help it, when I panic I run, and thats exactly what I did. I bolted from the doorway and ran straight into the room across the hallway. I could hear Ezra calling me but I didn't care at that point, because even though I don't like him, it still hurts to hear someone say those things about you, especially someone as cocky and perfect as Ezra. I locked the door behind me and sighed in relief when I saw I was in a fairly plain bedroom. I guess I found the guest room. I walked over to the bed and just crawled in under the covers, Ezra's pounding fists against my door cooing me to sleep. At least I know Ezra has a heart, that or he doesn't want to me to tell his parents and get him in trouble, most likely the latter.

It felt like five minutes later when someone else's pounding on my door woke me up.

"Five more minutes, please" I half choked out before rolling over groggily and going back to blissful sleep.

"Carmella!! You get up right this instant, its time for dinner." My mom shrieked, jeez, is that like the natural pitch of her voice or something?

"I'm not hungry" I shouted back.

"Like I care. Five minutes Carmella, you better be sitting in the dinning room of the beach house in five minutes!" She yelled one more time before I heard her retreating footsteps.

I yawned and rolled over to look at the clock on the night table. What the hell?!? 7:15 pm, I slept for like seven hours. Well thats what they get for waking me up at 6:30 this morning. I got out of bed and dragged myself to the door, peeking my head into the hallway to make sure the coast was clear. Yup, no Ezra in sight, time to make a run for it. I jogged down the hallway and towards the door. My bags were still sitting where Garbanzo left them this morning so I quickly grabbed a hoodie from my bag and put it on, not wanting to give everyone a free show again with my white t-shirt. I looked like a complete bum right now, and no doubt my mom would have something to say, but at this point I really didn't care. Its not like I'm trying to impress anyone anyway.

I quickly walked to the beach house and entered the dinning room, and surprise surprise, guess who were all sitting at the table? Everyone, including Ezra, and yes, I actually found that very surprising. He always seemed more like the "I'm-too-cool-to-have-dinner-with-my-family" type. I looked to the table and thanked god that today my mother wouldn't make me sit next to him, unfortunately, however, I did have to sit across from him which meant I would be staring at my plate all night. I shot Ezra a quick glance before heading to my seat and oddly enough he looked kind of scared.

"Oh my god Carmella, what in the world are you wearing?" My mother shot at me with a horrified look. I just shrugged, I wasn't in the mood to fight with her right now. "Ariel I promise, she usually doesn't dress like this."

"Oh Ella, Carmella is fine, she is beautiful unconditionally. But please, Carmella, we would like to know more about you, tell us something." Ariel insisted.

"Um, like what?"

"Well, whats your favorite color? Animal? Food?"

"Um, thats easy. Green, platypus, and fruit loops."

"Fruit loops are your favorite food?" Ariel asked, confused.

"Yup, I like the orange loops the best." I answered excitedly, all of a sudden getting a craving for fruit loops.

"Oh, well thats nice." Ariel replied. My mother just shook her head. What?

The rest of dinner went on like that, just stupid banter back and forth between all of us. Except for Ezra and I, we didn't say anything to each other, heck, we didn't even look at each other. Actually, thats not true, Ezra stared a hole into my head all night while I refused to meet his gaze. *Sigh* What did I get myself into?

After dinner, to my relief, Ezra bounced, leaving me home alone with the old people. I lasted a whole two minutes before I said good night and went to my room to sleep, all of today's events had taken a lot out of me. This is going to be a long ten days.

I woke up at ten o'clock the next morning and continued my routine of peaking my head around the door to make sure Ezra was no where in sight. When I made it to the living room, however, I was blessed with the funniest site I have ever seen. There Ezra was, sprawled out on the too small couch, with his head falling off towards the ground. He was still in his clothes from the previous night, and looked very uncomfortable. To top it off, his mouth was wide open and he was slightly snoring. He actually looked kind of cute, cute like a chipmunk that is. Whatever, he probably came home piss drunk last night and couldn't make it to his bed.

After tiptoeing out of the guest house, I made my way to the kitchen of the beach house. Man I was starving. I looked around for something to eat and that's when I found it. Fruit Loops! Mmm.... I grabbed a bowl and spoon and poured almost half the bag in. I grabbed the milk from the fridge and drenched my cereal in it. Then I took a big spoonful and shoved it in my mouth, full of anticipation for the fruity goodness that I loved. I chewed once, something wasn't right. I chewed again, and it still didn't taste right. I swallowed then looked down at my bowl.

That Son of a Bitch! Sitting in my bowl of fruit loops I saw green loops, red loops, purple loops, blue loops and yellow loops. Would you like to know what was missing from my cereal? All the freaking orange fruit loops!!!!

Is he serious?!? Did he honestly spend his entire night picking out all the orange loops from the Fruit Loops just to piss me off?!?! I took a deep breath to calm myself down. Calling me a bitch is one thing, and even tricking me into an arranged marriage is one thing, but no one, I mean no one, messes with my Fruit Loops!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

748K 3.9K 6
UNDER EDITING TO BE PUBLISHED UPDATES COMING (2019) 16 year old Nancy has one thing on her mind, Aiden, the boy shes loved since she was 14 and now h...
1.1M 23.8K 30
"I want to go back to my old ways." Ezra said in a monotone. It felt like he held no emotion. I stood dumbfounded not knowing what to do? "I tried yo...
15.5M 530K 41
COMPLETED During the year 2032 a plague hit the world, decimating the adult population. The few survivors now run the schools filled with an influx o...
798K 26.3K 74
Chandria Shandi's parents want her to be a doctor. Chandria wants to be anything else. Chandria comes from a very strict and traditional family. She...