Centipedes In My Ear... (Kan...

By ANekoForMe

Ken Kaneki was born as a natural one-eyed ghoul. An experiment made by the CCG, he's treated horribly. He's c... More

I'm breaking, yet unbreakable...
Psychotic; yet unable to go insane
Why can't I be whole?
I want to see you be okay
I'm Not Letting You Go
Please don't take my sunshine
No more shadows
So on I'll scream, and on I'll scream
Right?

Escape

3.4K 93 43
By ANekoForMe

Blood splashed against his face, dying is shockingly white hair crimson. He didn't care, he just wanted to eat. While he was given small amounts of ghoul after his sessions to allow him to heal, they were never as good as when he was allowed out. That was only every couple of months though. It made the already unstable boy mad with hunger.

"Stop!! Please!! We'll do anything, just stop eating him!! Please!"

It looked like the prey wanted to play tonight. A maniac grin appeared on the boys face. The girl who had screamed at him to stop was staring in horror as he ate her friend alive. The other male who he wasn't eating looked like he was about ready to attack. Hopefully this would be fun.

"How dare you eat him!" And with that, the other male launched himself at the frightening white haired boy.

"I hope you're a fun one! This one here barely gave up a fight at all! Although you'd have a better chance against me if you two teamed up. Oh, the fun! Three in one night."

With that, the girl charged forward. She used her two Rinkaku tentacles to try and attack the boy while the other male crystallized his Ukaku and fired. The boy swiped away the projectiles that had been shot at him with one of his own Rinkaku kagune. He then grabbed the girls kagune and ate it, enjoying the screams that tore out of her throat. He pulled her in and killed her, then used the single tentacle he had pulled out to kill the other one. He began his feast.

As the boy finished up his meal, two human girls passed the large alley the small massacre had happened. They saw a a bloody boy who looked no older than eighteen staring at the ground in front of him.

"Hey, are you okay?" One of them asked.

Crack

The laughter began as the boy looked up showing a beautiful silver eye and the kakugan that all ghouls possessed. They were killed before they even had a chance to scream, there corpses eaten by the one-eyed ghoul.

His session at Cochlea was worse than normal that night. After the Rc suppressants were injected through the membrane of his left eye, the whole night and much of the next day was filled with pain for the boy. He was nailed to the chair even though he was already chained, every bone was broken, his fingers and toes pulled off, both eyes gouged out. Tokage tried a new one that night. He made lacerations all over the boys body and poured a special Rc suppressant acid all over them. That one caused the first scream the boy had done in a while, having gotten used to the pain enough to not scream. Then came the centipede.

"P-please have mercy! No! NO-" The boys pleas were cut off, for the centipede had been placed in his ear and was crawling around. Blood curdling screams could be heard for a while.

Shortly after that, the session was concluded. The boy was dragged to his cell with the centipede still crawling around in his ear. Tears leaked down his face. He was quickly escorted into the small cell he called home, a book waiting for him in the corner. He was thrown in there, the door bolting shut behind him. The boy curled up and began to count back from a thousand by sevens.

"Do you know why you were punished more than normal in your session today?" A voice spoke from behind the door.

"No sir," replied the boy. All traces of the insane laughter gone from his voice.

"You killed two humans Mukade. We specifically told you to only eat ghouls when you're let out."

At the mention of his alias, the boy began to feel the centipede move even more. Footsteps could be heard moving away from the door.

He had to get out. He had to get out. HehadtogetouthehadtogetouthehadtOGETOUTHEHADTOGETOUT!!

With still healing eyes, the boy found his book, grabbed it and faced the door. After some struggle, he managed to break through the Rc suppressant coursing through his veins. He did something he hadn't been allowed to do since the CCG first discovered he had one, the ability that changed his alias from One-Eye to Centipede, he unleashed his partial kakuja. It had mutated more since the only time he had unleashed it. He now had four centipede tails on top of his four regular kagune. The bird like mask had stayed the same, but he had some armor now. Starting from the shoulders and covering the torso was an armor styled like a centipede.

He slammed the four centipede tails into the door, breaking it down. He quickly started to jump up the side of the circular prison, bouncing and running along the walls to get to the top. It was rather difficult on his still healing body, but he had to get out. The alarm was blaring and the walls secreting the suppressant gas by the time he got to the top. He quickly killed all the guards and ran outside into darkness of the now twilight sky.

Where to go? He needed to choose quickly. The rest of the guards of Cochlea would be hunting him soon. The 20th Ward popped into his mind. He'd heard some guards talking about it as they passed his cell. It was supposed to be peaceful. Nobody would think the SSS-rated ghoul Mukade would be there. And with that, he began to run from the 23rd Ward to the 20th.

The boy arrived in the 20th Ward an hour before dusk. It had taken a lot out of him to get there, but he had to get away from that prison. He didn't want to be tortured anymore or be forced into the CCG's experiments. But, before he could rest his much abused body, he needed to observe his new area.

He climbed on top of a tall building and peered out at the sleeping city. It was quite and really did look peaceful. There were of course still a few ghouls still feasting, but it didn't look nearly as bad as the other wards he'd visited when he was let out to feed.

"Why do you smell like my sister and I?" A voice asked from behind him. It looked like he really need to rest if he didn't even here this girl come up behind him. Before he answered he scented the air, noticing this new person did in fact smell quite a bit like him.

"Maybe your sister was the one the CCG forced to bear me. They got a little curious about ghouls, you see? Decided to make and experiment on me."

"You're telling me that when my sister disappeared it was because the CCG kidnapped her and another ghoul to have a child?"

The boy turned and faced her before he spoke. "Sort of. When I was old enough to understand, I heard some guards from outside my cell. They said they felt bad about the investigator-I can't remember the name- who had to impregnate. Said it must be horrible not only too have his first child be a bastard and, I'm quoting this, 'the insane monster stuck inside a child's body.'"

It took the beautiful woman a while to process this. A small breeze played with her lilac hair as she contemplated what the boy had just said. It was hard for her to believe, but there was no other reason for him to smell like family unless he was family. The woman knew her parents were dead and that she had no other siblings, besides the older sister who had disappeared eighteen years ago.

"I'm Kamishiro Rize, but I guess you can call me Aunt Rize. No, that doesn't sound right. You can call me Rize. Who are you nephew?"

"I don't have a name. The CCG gave me a few pseudonyms though. I was first called One-Eye, but now it's Centipede."

"You're telling me my newly found nephew is the SSS-ranked ghoul Mukade?" Disbelief dripping from her voice.

"In the flesh." Childish laughter then followed this from the boy. "Hahaha! Flesh! Hahahaha!"

He had a giant smile on his face as he laughed.

"Well, you still need a name. It won't do you any good to advertise that you're Mukade."

"Okay, Auntie! I've never had a name before. I wouldn't even know where to start in naming myself. Most everyone dies after meeting me, so no one has tried to name me either. The closest I've gotten is the pseudonyms and sometimes people call me a monster. Hey, Rize I have an idea! You should name me!"

Rize was surprised by this kid. He acted very children like for his age and was probably insane. I wonder what the CCG did to him to make him like this, she thought to herself. He obviously needed training in appearing human. With the boys behavior now, she knew he would attract attention. That would be bad for both him and all the ghouls in the ward. She knew for a fact that he escaped from the CCG. Both his appearance and mentality gave it away.

"Hmm... You need a good strong name. Let's see...Kaneki Ken? Would that work for you?

"I love it! Thank you Aunt Rize!!"

"Hey kid, knock off the aunt part. It makes me feel old."

"Pretty please Aunt Rize?"

Rize sighed. "Fine Kaneki-kun."

"Thanks again Auntie."

After the initial excitement of meeting his aunt and getting his very own name, Kaneki remembered how tired he was. It was a struggle not to fall asleep right then and there and sleep for a few years.

"Sleep Ken. I'll carry you home."

And with that, Kaneki fell asleep. Rize picked him and carried him to her apartment in the as dawn broke. He really looked like he needed a good rest. Probably be out until the next morning.

After arriving at the apartment, Rize placed Kaneki in her bed. Knowing that he needed it more than she did. It was rather strange what this young man was doing to the powerful Binge Eater, but she let it slide. There was just something about him. She decided to visit Anteiku while Kaneki slept, to see if they could help keep him stable. It was obvious he was a ticking time bomb, ready to go off whenever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9K 209 30
Kaniya Ken was a normal college student who loved to read books and lived with no parents. Eventually Kaniya turns into a ghoul and was tested on by...
26.8K 895 14
Rin Okumura Has Crossed Paths With A New Student Named Ken Kaneki, Yet There's Something Off About Him, Whenever He Asks Why He Came To True Cross Ac...
97.9K 2.9K 44
WARNING : MY VERY FIRST BOOK & BAD WRITING !! • ken kaneki x female ghoul ! reader • BOOK 1
1.5K 54 25
Disclaimer: I do not own Tokyo Ghoul or any material relating to it, including canon characters. ~ One chance encounter between a human boy and...