HER ITALIAN BABY...

By EvaGEva

Arranged to marry a rich guy she has never heard of, because she never watched all the gossip channels or TV... More

synopsis
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER TWENTY
Chapter 21
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
CHAPTER 25
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

113K 3.1K 348
By EvaGEva

another chapter people. sorry in advance for any confusion about the age of the kids. they are supposed to be two months, so if earlier i wrote otherwise I'm sorry.

in case of any mistakes/ repetitions in this chapter please inform me, the was a little hiccup during my editing..

enjoy and don't forget to vote and comment.

*edited*

******************

It was about two months later since Zander had left and she had not heard from him but his family constantly came over to help look after the twins, she almost never held them apart from when they were feeding. Though it seems there was something going on between her father and Annabelle. She had walked in on them in the most disturbing sight.

Flashback

Cara had already put the kids to sleep and taken a shower, those kids really were such a bundle, when one was awake, the other was awake, was one cried they both screamed bloody murder; she never seemed to catch a break.

She was walking to the kitchen to have a glass of apple juice, god how she missed it, when she was pregnant she couldn't seem to stand it. She froze on the kitchen entrance because of the sight before her. Anna and her father were doing something that old people had no business doing.

"DAD! ANNA!" she called out breaking out the heated make out session taking place in the kitchen. The two jumped apart looking like children caught with their hand in the cookie jar. (I would forever be traumatized if I caught my parents doing this)

"Cara! It's...oh damn, I have no excuse!" Anna said looking all flustered. Her father couldn't meet her eyes. He had never thought his daughter would find him in such a situation.

"Oh my God!! I don't think I'll ever be able to see this kitchen in the same way again!!" Cara said walking to the fridge for her juice.

"You'll never let me forget this, will you?" Her father asked her looking her. She turned looking at him, took a sip of her juice then smirked mischievously,

"Nope!" and walked out of the kitchen.

End of flashback

The doorbell rang snapping Cara out of her thoughts. She opened the door and saw a delivery guy.

"Hey, does Cara Moretti live here?" He asked opening his messenger bag barely looking at her as he rummaged trying to find whatever it was he was looking for.

"I'm Cara Moretti. How can I help you? I wasn't expecting anything" Cara said looking at the man before her.

"Aha!!! Here you are ma'am. Now if you could please sign here I will be on my way," he said handing Cara an envelope. She quickly signed for it and walked inside.

Just as she was about to open the envelope, the baby monitor beside her alerted her that her little peanuts had woken up after their nap. She placed the envelope on the couch and headed to the babies room where she found them crying but luckily this time round they were not screaming coz those kids sure do love making her ears bleed. She took turns in changing their diapers before picking both of them and breastfed them before burping them and placed them back in the coat so that they could rest and relax; she had bought another cot for Rose but she didn't want to be separated from her brother, also Alexander fussed when his sister was not near.

She could remember that day clearly, she had ordered the cot online because she was not supposed to do too much walking and lifting or any other strenuous work for that matter. When the cot arrived about two days later she had it set up and then took Rose and put her in her new cot but the moment she put her down the girl scream so much that Cara picked her thinking she was hurt, her brother on the other hand was also fussing around and crying, she fed them and when they fell asleep she then put them in their separate cots and slowly headed for the door but then she had then making sounds as though they wanted to cry but they were still asleep.

She walked to the cots and so them with tiny frowns on their faces and hands moving around as if looking for something. She heard Annabelle walk into the room as she was observing the children and looked up at her but Annabelle didn't understand what was happening so she just shrugged. Then it really hit her and she understood what was wrong with the kids. She picked Rose and placed her in the cot with Alexander, she watched in awe as their hands touched and both babies seemed to relax and fall into a peaceful sleep.

After they had witnessed this they had put the other cot away and the kids now slept together; they always fussed when they were separated. She heard the front door open and knew that Anna was home after she had taken Paul to the airport. He had promised he would be back after two weeks to see them again but what none of them knew was that it was Cara who would be flying back.

**************************************************

Zander had never been so angry in his life, just because of one mistake that didn't warrant her to refuse him to see his children, if it wasn't for Zack and Elisabeth, he wouldn't even know their names. His mother had refused to tell him anything about the kids even if she had refused to go back with them and stayed back in California so that she could see the kids, she saw them every day but refused to tell him anything about them.

The pictures he had of them were from Elisabeth but he would be able to know any more about the kids because she and Zack had come back home because they also had a life so they just couldn't stay back and give him information about his kids.

He then remembered the first reason as to why he had married Cara; his father had told him that it was because her family owed the Moretti family a large sum of money. He smirked as an idea hit him. She was going to pay for denying him access to his kids.

 TIME SKIP

It was about two weeks later when Cara had put the kids to their afternoon nap and was seated to watch the television when she searched for the remote control but couldn't seem to find it where it usually was on the table then she remembered that any time Annabelle stayed up late to watch some of her crazy show at night she never seemed to remembered to return the remote control to its rightful place.

She stood to such around the couch but what she found instead was the envelope that had been delivered the previous week. She sat down and tore the seal on the envelope and pulled out a stack of papers. She read through them and with each sentence she felt her throat swell, her stomach felt sick and by the time she had reached the last page she was ghostly pale with tears running down her face.

Anna walked from her room where she had been asleep after a long night at the hospital and saw Cara looking at a bunch of papers and her face looking as if she had seen the devil in the writing. (Not sure why I used that phrase..hehehe)

"Hey! What is it? You look place and as if you are going to be sick at any moment," Annabelle said sitting beside her placing a hand on her back.

"It's Zander Anna, he wants to take the kids away from me, he is going to take my babies Anna," Cara said between sobs.

"What do you mean?"

"You remember me telling you about how I came to marry Zander, well he is filing for a divorce, because the contact I signed states that if by any chance we divorce, I have to pay the full amount we owe them and once that happens, I might go to jail meaning he will have the kids when if I go to jail. And even if I don't I still won't be able to win a custody battle against him, I don't have that kind of money or power. Oh what am I going to do mama," Cara said not even noticing that she had said mama instead of Anna.

Anna immediately noticed the change but she didn't think that it was the right time to address that issue first she had to console Cara who just like she had called her mama; she had also come to think of Cara as the daughter she never had.

"Calm down sweetheart," Anna said rubbing her hand on Cara's back in a soothing manner.

"I now have to go back to try and convince Zander to stop this, I will let him see the children if that is all he want, I don't care anymore that he cheated, I just don't want him to take away my babies. They just turned one month, they are too small to be away from their mother. Mama what am I going to do?" this time round she did notice that she had called Annabelle mama and froze before slowly lifting her head and looking at Anna to see if she had noticed.

She had noticed that lately in her head she had been referring to Anna as mama but she had not paid much attention to it, but now that she said it out loud she didn't know what to think of it, her first thought was what her father would think if he heard her referring to another woman as mother.

"Don't worry about that right now, we first need to go Zander and try to talk some sense into his head, he is really cold hearted. He was the one in the wrong but you are the one suffering for it. Who in the right mind takes two month old child from their mother," Anna ranted.

"What about your work?" Cara asked looking up.

"I'll just take a leave from work; it has been a while since I last took time off work anyway," Anna sad smiling at the girl seated beside her.

"Thanks so much Anna, why don't we leave as soon as possible," Cara said smiling though it didn't fully light up her eyes. Come to think of it her eyes always held a hint of sadness ever since met her.

"How about tomorrow in the afternoon?" Anna asked her smiling in the motherly manner she had the first time she had seen Cara at the hospital after her collapsing at the airport.

"Really!" Cara asked hopefully making Annabelle smile at her. She jumped and gave Anna a hug murmuring thank you over and over.

"Well stop thanking me and go start parking before those two wakes up from their nap," Anna said shooing her away with an encouraging smile. Cara jumped up and headed to her room that was next to that of the kids. She quickly packed her clothes and just as she was closing the zipper she heard the children crying through the monitor.

"hey hey, it's okay now, mama's here" she said entering the room. The babies slowly stopped crying when they heard the sound of her voice, she picked them up to check their diaper but found they were not soiled so she let them relax a bit. She spoke to them softly as she packed their bags, and they replied with their baby language making her smile and laugh a little. She didn't even notice anyone standing at the door.

********************

hope you enjoyed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

329K 6.3K 48
"You think I don't have control over you?" He asked darkly while looking at me like he could rip me to pieces. I stared at him with fear, "I-" "Ever...
4.5M 138K 81
"What in the world, kid?" The roar erupted from the sleek Lamborghini as its owner, a man who could easily pass for a Greek deity, emerged from the l...
2.2M 74.4K 24
Vera Laurenti was a eighteen year old girl who had just graduated from High School. She never had a normal childhood. She grew up without her parents...
Isabella By Amber

General Fiction

14.1M 430K 34
When Ashley found out that she was pregnant with twins, she couldn't wait to share the good news with her husband. But when he got home later that ni...