Changed [Watty Awards 2013]

By PerfectDisaster21

"Broken" and "torn" are the only words to describe Delilah Scott. After enduring a traumatic childhood, Delil... More

Changed (Changed #1)
1. Pet
2. Saved
3. Mate
4. Encounter
5. Acceptance
6. Bruised
7. Letter
8. Surprise
9. Panic
11. Rage
12. Leaving
13. Whiplash
14. Explanations
15. Confusion
16. News
17. Bait
18. Uncle
19. Trust
20. Jealousy
21. Confrontation
22. Mom
23. Wake
24. Silver
25. Baby
26. Attack
27. Beg
Epilogue
SEQUEL!

10. Relevation

494 19 0
By PerfectDisaster21

10. Revelation

DELILAH

That night, I slept in a bedroom. I wasn’t sure whose bedroom, but it was an unknown scent. I was not comfortable at all. There was nothing comforting about the scent in here. I sighed and stared at the ceiling.

Tomorrow was when I had a “meeting” with “my new Pack.” His words, not mine. They weren’t my Pack members, they were Rogues. My Pack members were at Cliffhold, probably sleeping safe and sound in their beds, not even sad that I left.

These Rogues couldn’t get off of my mind. They were dangerous. They needed to be dealt with before they did something else. No one should ever go through this kind of grief.

If Noah had a mate, why did he want me here and sent that letter to the Pack? What does he want with us?

I never slept that night.

***

“It truly has been a long time, hasn’t it, dear?” Doug sneered the next morning during the “meeting”. “I see you’ve aged beautifully—not like it has changed from when you were thirteen years old. I’m glad I killed your parents.”

My anger flared. “You killed my parents?”

Tears prickled in my eyes, but I refused to let them fall. He knew my weak spot. He couldn’t have killed my parents. They died in a car accident, they weren’t murdered. Or was the car accident just a cover up for their murder? Had the whole thing been framed?

I had to pretend like his words didn’t hurt me. That was the only way to get through his “meeting.”

“Of course,” he laughed, “why did think they’d let you into my care when they knew very well how our household was.”

“I was in foster care.” My hands curled into fists, ready to give Doug a nice right hook to the face. “No one else wanted me.”

“Honey, you were not in foster care.”

This time, Rosalie interrupted from her position on Noah’s lap. “What,” she laughed. “You’re saying you purposely killed this little girl’s parents and set it up so it appeared she was in foster care?”

Doug nodded.

“But why?” At my look, she held up her hands. “Hey, I’m not a big fan of you. But even for me, this is taking it a whole step back. I would never even have the balls to do this.”

“Well,” Doug started. “I always took an interest in her. She was interesting as a child and I thought would’ve been even more so interesting in her teens when puberty were to kick in and her hearing and sense of smell would increase—”

“Wait…” I held up my hand. “First off, how did you know me when I was a kid?”

Doug smiled. “I had my ways.”

This was taking it to a brand new personal scale. This man knew me as a kid. Did he watch me through my window when I was younger? Did he watch me when I was at the park with my mom and friends? He murdered my parents.

Game face, Delilah.

“Great.” I rolled my eyes. “Second, what do you mean my sense of smell? Dad wasn’t a werewolf.”

Doug laughed. A full blown, stomach churning laugh.

I growled at him.

“You mean those parents?” Doug barely composed himself.

Noah looked over at me and smiled coldly. “Honey, those weren’t your real parents.”

My heart sank and my stomach churned.

They’re lying to you. They’re trying to get to you. Have you not learned anything?

“Yes, they were.” My voice cracked.

Doug stepped forward and grabbed my shoulder. I flinched, but didn’t pull away. If I’ve learned anything while in… Doug’s household was to never fight back. Be submissive towards him because if you don’t, you’ll get beaten.

“Daisy…”

I refused to correct him.

“Brandon and Lucy...” his vile breath hit my nose as he moved up to my ear. I almost gagged. “They weren’t your real parents.”

I shook my head. “You don’t know that…”

He chuckled. “But I do. I killed your real parents when you were a baby. You were sent to a foster home.” He leaned back and crossed his arms. “Brandon and Lucy adopted you. They were killed in a car accident. That couldn’t be covered up.”

I closed my eyes, trying to digest this new revelation. “Why did you do it?”

“Your father was a very powerful Beta.” He smiled. “We always got along until he signed up for the Alpha position. You were just a few weeks old at the time, so your father kept you and your mother under lock and key to make sure you were both protected.” He shrugged. “He knew that position was mine, so when the time came to fight it out to see who the stronger Alpha was, he lost.”

He paused to smile. “I always get what I want.”

I shifted, uncomfortable, hesitant to ask my next question. “What does losing involve?”

I already knew the answer before he said anything.

“You get killed.”

I flinched with the tone of his voice. He didn’t sound sincere or guilty, he sounded like it was the most normal thing in the world to kill someone.

 “And her mother…” he smiled. “I had some fun with her before I snapped her neck.”

I snarled and had him on the ground before he could blink. I elbowed him in the jaw and then pressed it against his throat, accurately cutting off his air supply. No one moved to stop me from attacking him.

My lips curled up. “You’re sickening, you know that?” I pressed harder and he whimpered. I moved my knees to dig into his thighs. “I’m not that little girl anymore. You can’t control me. I’m stronger than you are now that I’m a full werewolf. I’m not thirteen anymore. And you know what?” I leaned down to his ear. “I’m an Alpha’s mate. And if you mess with my Pack,” I laughed bitterly, “we won’t hesitate to kill you once and for all, Doug. Mark my words, we’ll find you.”

My nails elongated and I ran it up from his collarbone, up his throat to his chin. His eyes widened when I added a slight pressure, drawing little beads of bright red.

“Just. Like. This.” I smiled.

I stood back up and looked over to Noah, raising an eyebrow. “Well, I’m here. What do you want?”

All of the Rogues fled the room as Noah gestured to the door. Rosalie kissed his cheek and followed behind the others. I looked down at Doug who had his hand around his throat.

“Oh, stop being dramatic. I only drew a little blood. You’ll live.”

Noah laughed and gestured for him to leave. Surprisingly, he listened. That left Noah and I the only ones in his study. He sighed and walked over to the computer chair and his desk.

“Are you gonna answer me?”

His eyes snapped up to mine and his lips curled. “Don’t talk to me like that, Pet.”

And we’re back to him being the pathetic excuse of a werewolf known in existence. I rolled my eyes and waited silently for him to continue.

“I don’t like how you’re acting and I’d appreciate it if you’d let up on the attitude.” He shook his head and looked up at me. “Whatever went on between you and Doug, I don’t care and I don’t wanna know. I’ve heard enough and frankly, it’s a bit dramatic.”

I gapped. “’A bit dramatic?’” I walked toward his desk. “You let me know how dramatic is really is when you live through it.”

He smirked. “You seem like everything in your life was dramatic.”

I flew over the desk and punched him square in the jaw. He blinked as he retaliated.

“Because it was! Everything with you was dramatic! Everything you’ve ever done to me scarred me for life! I can never love anyone ever again because of you!”

He growled and shoved me back. I fell to the floor and scrambled back into the corner of the room. He loomed over me and he spit out blood. “Maybe you should’ve have followed me home and fallen in love with me, Delilah. That was purely your fault and you have no right to blame me.”

I hadn’t realized I was crying until a tear dropped onto my hand. I hastily wiped them away and clenched my jaw as I stood up.

“What do you want, Noah?”

He sighed and rubbed his hands over his face. This was a new gesture. Because he found his mate, had that made him softer and less sadistic? Maybe I should rethink my opinion on Rosalie.

But he didn’t answer.

I pushed him for details.

“What did you want with the Pack… and me?” I crossed my arms. “You found your mate, why do you still want me?”

His hands fell from his face. “Before I found Rose, I wanted a mate.” He shrugged. “I mean, what Alpha doesn’t have a mate? Not a very powerful one. So, I thought I was never going to find one. You were already led to believe that I was your mate so I thought ‘why not?’ and wrote that letter a couple weeks ago.” He rolled his eyes. “Apparently, they just found it recently, correct?” At my nod, he continued. “So, I thought the only way to get one, was to dig through a soft spot. Emily and you.

“I always envied Eric because his mate’s gorgeous. Emily’s strong. She’s been bitten for twenty-five years and she’s proven herself well to be a fit Luna. She also makes handsome pups.” I growled and he laughed. “Do you disagree? You don’t find Nick handsome?”

I was silent.

“Exactly.”

“But it still doesn’t make any sense as to why you would try to kill me and dropped me off on his doorstep.”

He grinned. “Ah, you are observant, aren’t you? It was a warning—a female werewolf of equal strength for a female werewolf. In this case, it was Emily I wanted. And you should know that I didn’t try to kill you.”

Wait, what?

“But…you strangled me and left me on his doorstep…”

“As a warning.”

I nodded. “Obviously…”

My eyebrows furrowed as I thought. Then it hit me.

“And you still want Emily…”

Noah clapped happily. “Yes, yes. Rose can’t have any children and I need an heir. Emily is still at prime age to mate. I tried to impregnate you, but clearly that didn’t work, so this is plan B.”

I was disgusted. My stomach churned like a hurricane and my heart sped. I kept my composure. I had to think clearly about this. I had an idea. It involved lying.

“Well, I’m here. What do you want to do?”

Noah raised an eyebrow. “Are you trying to say that you’ll have my heirs?”

I shook my head. “I’m pregnant right now.”

Noah inhaled quickly. “You’re lying.”

“How do you know? Nick and I are mated.” He blinked. “Tell you what. You let me leave with no marks, no bruises, no damage and I’ll give you my first born.”

Keep it smooth, Delilah. The last thing you need is to screw up.

Obviously, I wasn’t pregnant and he wasn’t going to get his heir. I needed to give this information to Nick and the Pack so we know how to get rid of this “Pack” before they do anymore damage and get us all revealed.

He swallowed. “How do I know that you’re…” his eyes travelled down to my stomach. He couldn’t even say the word.

“I wouldn’t lie to you.”

Which was obviously bullcrap.

Noah narrowed his eyes. “I’ll let you leave unscathed on two conditions,” my heart pounded as I waited. “I get monthly reports. Kyle’s a doctor, he knows his stuff and I want the reports. Once he is born, he will be mine. You nor Nick will have any contact of any sort.” I nodded. “If it is a girl… I’ll be back… for Emily this time.”

I swallowed and nodded again.

“You can leave. I’ll see you soon.”

I turned and left the room, shutting the door behind me and tailed it for the front door and left without a glance back.

What if we didn’t come up with a plan in time and he did come after Emily? Again, I had made a stupid move.

***

As I approached Cliffhold, I braced myself for the yelling. Nick wouldn’t be happy with me for leaving. He’d most likely be so mad he’ll never let me leave the house ever again. What would he say when I told him what I’d done? What if he wouldn’t want me anymore?

As I held the doorknob in my hand, I took a deep breath and opened the door. Their scents all surrounded me and I felt weak in the knees. I was home.

I heard sounds from upstairs. I walked up the staircase and opened the door to Nick’s and I’s bedroom. Nick was on the side of the bed, his back facing me, with his head in his hands. He was sniffling quietly.

I walked quietly on the hardwood floors and came beside him and put my hand on his thigh, hoping he would look over.

“Look, Mom, I love you for trying to talk to me about it,” his voice was thick and groggy, “but I just really want to alone right now.”

I laid my head on his shoulder and moved my arm around his waist. He moved away from it and I almost sobbed.

“Mom,” he snarled and his head wiped up, his blue eyes blazing with anger. Then they softened as he recognized me. “Delilah?”

I smiled and moved his hair out of his face. “Hey, baby.”

His hands grabbed my face and he crashed his lips on mine. He groaned from the last contact, and leaned me back on the bed. My hands wandered up his shirt, until it was off. He did the same to mine.

He pulled away. “God, I missed you.”

No more words were spoken after that.

A/N: K so, I changed my mind again ._. Ideas popped into my head and I was like "HEY! THIS WORKS SO MUCH BETTER!!!" And... well... this was the result. I actually like this chapter. I think this is one of my favourites. :) Very proud of it. 

Anyways, comment/vote/follow me? :) 

Now that schools over, I'll be hanging out with friends, so I'll try to write as much as I can.  So, tell me whatcha think! :) <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 33.5K 28
Jade is a 15 year old girl. She is different from everyone in her pack. Because her eyes are multicolored she's bullied because no one has ever seen...
1.6M 47K 39
(Trigger Warning) (In editing) Rain's been through hell her whole life. Between her abusive dad, her brother who blames her for everything and the bu...
1.5K 153 33
(UNDER SUPER HEAVY EDITING) You will NOT understand this if you start to read it right now!!!!! Please don't read this yet!! I'm re-editing this whol...