Outcasts [PUBLISHED]

By The_Dreamer_10

PUBLISHED! Now available on Amazon, and Kindle Unlimited! Shy, quiet, Riley Summers' life is changed once she... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six-Blondes. Blondes Everywhere.
Seven-A Real Friend
Eight-Where's Aiden?
Nine-The Party
Ten-Outcasts
Eleven-Movie Marathon
Twelve-My New Best Friend
Thirteen-The Real Aiden
Fourteen-Nerd Girl
Fifteen-Photographs
Sixteen-Vandalism is Bad
Eighteen-Paint and...what?
Nineteen-Rehearsals
Twenty-The Wedding Day
Trust me...its not over!
Announcement: The Greatest Of All Time!!!
FREE GOODIES JUST FOR OUTCASTS!
Want a secret chapter?
IT'S HERE!!!!!
Just Checking In!
Message from the Author
Almost Three Months In!
6 Months!!
Thinking About You!
Bookmas!!
What a Year!
Book Birthday!
June 21, 2012
Addressing Some Issues
RELAUNCH COMING
NEW COVER

Seventeen-The Real Riley

847K 19.1K 6.7K
By The_Dreamer_10

Aiden drove into my driveway and parked. He turned his body and looked at me. But he didn't say anything.

I felt awkward with him staring at me. "Is there a reason you're staring at me like that?" I asked as I grabbed my bag.

He shrugged. "There might be a reason."

I raised my eyebrow. "You're talking in riddles Aiden." I don't understand why he has to be so confusing. It's really frustrating.

He chuckled. "Well, I hope you had as much fun as I did."

"I'll admit that it was fun." I assured him.

"Possibly more fun than staying home and watching Star Wars?" He questioned.

"I don't think we're there yet." I shook my head. I mean, what could top Star Wars??

"Damn." He said. "Well, that just means that there will be more fun activities for us to do in the future." He had a slightly evil glint in his eye.

I nodded. "Sounds appealing."

"Oh, it will be." He grinned.

Silence fell between us. For some reason I found myself not wanting to leave the car just yet. I let my mind wander for a few seconds before I looked back at him. "Aiden?"

"Yeah?" He glanced at me.

"Are you staying at home?" I asked him curiously. Him and his dad have been bickering a lot, so I was curious to see if he was currently living under the same roof as his dad.

Aiden shook his head. "I'm staying with Alex for a while. I think my dad knows that's where I'm staying though." I nodded, understanding. "Why, do you want me to stay over here at your house?" He asked, smirking suggestively. "I'm sure we'd have a lot of fun-"

"I am not asking you to stay over!" I exclaimed. I felt myself blushing at his innuendo as he laughed.

He gave me a cheeky smile. "I'm just kidding Riley. No need to freak out." He laughed some more. "It's okay if you're having dirty thoughts about me-"

"I'm getting out of the car now." I said as I grabbed the door handle.

Aiden's hand shot out and grabbed my own hand. "Wait."

My heart was pounding as I looked down at our hands. "What?"

Realizing that he had grabbed my hand, he let go and scratched the back of his neck. "So, you wanna meet up again tomorrow after school? We can have more of my kind of fun." He smiled.

I didn't know if I had anything planned for tomorrow afternoon. "I'll think about it." I answered him. I got out of the car and shut the door behind me.

I walked up to my front door and pulled out my key. Someone's hand covered mine and pulled the key from my grasp. I turned around and saw that I was face to face with Aiden. How did he get out of the car without me hearing him??

"You'll think about it?" He asked me.

I nodded slowly. "Yes." I leaned against the door and crossed my arms. He had my key in his hand still.

"What could be more important than spending an afternoon with me?" He inquired.

I laughed slightly. "A lot of things."

"Oh yeah?" He took a step towards me. "Like what?" His face was only a few inches away from my own. My breath caught in my throat.

"Th-things." I stuttered. His eyes bored into mine and all I could do was stare back at him. I noticed his eyes were a nice brown color. Almost like chocolate.

The door opened behind me, causing me to fall back due to me leaning against it. My arms flailed around but there was nothing I could grasp onto. So fell right on my butt.

"Riley!" I heard my mom exclaim. I looked up at her and she held out a hand to me. I took it and she yanked me back up to my feet.

I dusted myself off and felt myself blushing. I had just embarrassed myself by falling. Great.

I looked at Aiden, who was smirking at me, then at my mom, who was looking at me. "I thought I heard you out here," She started to say. "I was just wondering what was taking so long."

"Oh." I said. My mom's eyes flickered to Aiden then back at me. "Right." I nodded. "Um, mom this is Aiden. Aiden, this is my mom." I introduced them.

Aiden held out his hand. "It's nice to meet you ma'am." He offered her a smile.

"It's nice to meet you Aiden." She shook his hand. "Please, call me Carol."

My gaze flashed to Aiden and he looked at me, continuing to smile. "I'll see you tomorrow Riley."

"Okay." I nodded. He walked away and opened the driver's door on the car.

I followed my mom inside and shut the door behind us. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. My mom looked at me expectantly while I frowned at her. "What?" I asked.

"He seems like a nice boy." She mused.

"I guess." I said as I made my way towards the kitchen. I felt like a snack.

My mom followed me. "So, is that the boy you went to the movies with?"

I shook my head as I grabbed a banana. I started to unpeel it. "No. I went to the movies with Lucas."

She smiled at me. "I knew you'd make more friends this year Riley. I just didn't think they would be boys."

"Well, I still don't fit in with most girls' mom." I said to her.

"That's okay." She said, grinning. "As long as you're having fun and staying out of trouble, I don't care who you become friends with."

Staying out of trouble. I wonder what my mom would do if she ever found out that I had spray painted on the back wall of the library with Aiden. That was a secret I would keep from her. "Okay." I nodded. "I'm going up to my room now."

I ran up the stairs and locked myself in my room. I walked over to my dresser and started to empty my pockets. I frowned when I couldn't find my house key. I smacked my forehead when the realization hit me.

Aiden still had my house key.

***

I walked through the halls on Monday morning, looking for Aiden. I needed my key back. I had convinced my mom that I had left it in Aiden's car, rather than telling her that he deliberately took it from my hands.

I had no idea where his locker was. So now I was just roaming the halls, hoping I'd find him somewhere. Then the thought of calling or texting him hit me.

Why didn't I think of that earlier?

After pulling my phone out, I called Aiden. I didn't want to wait for him to text back. It would be faster if I called him.

"You just couldn't wait to talk to me, could you?" He answered arrogantly.

I rolled my eyes. "Please. The only reason I called is because you still have my house key and I want it back."

"Do I now?" He asked. I can almost see him smirking. He knew what he was doing when he took my key yesterday. "I didn't even realize."

"You're a liar." I told him. "I need it to get into my house this afternoon Aiden."

"You won't need it right away." He said. "We're leaving right after school to have fun, remember?"

I sighed. I almost forgot about that. "I said I'd think about it. I didn't say yes to this." I walked up to my locker and opened it.

"Well you're going to have to agree if you want your key back." He replied. I didn't have to see him to know that he wore an evil smile as he said that.

I groaned. "Fine. But I better get my key back."

He chuckled. "Turn around Led Zeppelin girl."

I frowned and slowly turned my body. I saw Aiden walking through the front entrance and making his way in my direction. Once he was close enough, I ended the call. I pointed at him. "You took my key on purpose."

He put his hand over his heart. "How dare you accuse me of such a thing!"

I rolled my eyes. "You're being dramatic."

He looked down at his phone and sighed. "Well, I have to go to my locker now."

I started walking backwards. "Okay."

"I'll see you after school." He said to me. He then turned around and started walking away.

I continued to walk in the direction of my locker. I don't know if I feel okay or angry still. I mean, I was angry at Aiden for taking my key but then I think about the time I've been spending with him and I don't feel angry anymore.

Someone's shoulder brushed against mine and I looked to my left and saw Nicole and her blonde friend walking next to me. I stopped and frowned at her. She flashed me a fake smile.

"Oh, look Stacey. I had no idea I was walking next to a slut." Nicole smirked at me.

"Excuse me?" I asked her. Now there's a new one. I've never been called a slut. "What are you talking about?"

She looked at me and glared. "I never would have thought you were like that." She stepped closer to me. "Trying to steal my boyfriend and sleeping with Aiden Callaway? Wow nerd girl. You've really come out of your shell."

Whoa, whoa. Stealing her boyfriend? Sleeping with Aiden?? Nicole has officially gone off the deep end. "You have no idea what you're talking about." I told her calmly. Truthfully, I was fuming right now. How could she accuse me of those things?

"Oh, I'm pretty sure I do know what I'm talking about." She snarled. "Why don't you just do us all a favor and go rot in a hole or something. No one enjoys being around a nerdy slut like you."

People started to gather around us and my cheeks burned from embarrassment. Nicole was driving attention towards us both and she loved it. My heart was pounding in my chest from nervousness and fury. I stared at her then glanced around at the crowd around us. Everyone had an amused face on. No one cares that I'm basically being bullied right now by Nicole. My eyes started to water.

"Go ahead and cry you little bitch." Nicole scowled at me. "Nobody cares about you and nobody ever will."

Tears started to spill from my eyes. I've never been more humiliated in my life.

Nicole smirked at me and waved her hand. "Go. Run off you whore."

And I did. I ran down the hallway, pushing past people and ran into the girl's bathroom. I walked into one of the stalls and cried my eyes out. Nicole embarrassed me in front of everyone in the hallway. And she accused me of being a slut.

I wiped my tears away and pulled out my phone. I was not going to humiliate myself more by going to class. I called my mom and asked her to pick me up because I wasn't feeling good.

I wasn't about to tell her the truth.

***

My mom had questioned me if I really was sick. I don't think I convinced her that I was, but she took me home anyways.

After taking a shower, I plopped myself on my bed and stared at the ceiling. My eyes were still red and puffy from crying. I was not leaving my room for the rest of the day. I was fine right here.

Once again, Nicole had gotten to me and embarrassed me. And once again I started to think about how speaking to Ryan and Aiden played a major role in my situation. I was always left alone, but I liked it that way. I had no drama going on. Now that Ryan and Aiden have entered my life, things aren't the same. I'm not the same person and I'm doing the things I used to do.

I guess it's a good and a bad thing.

I grabbed my iPod and plugged in my earphones. I turned off my phone and drowned out all sounds with my music. I closed my eyes and drummed my fingers to the beat of a few songs. I found myself getting sleepy. Glancing at the clock, I noticed that it was barely going to be ten in the morning.

I curled myself into a ball and fell asleep on my bed.

***

Something tickled my nose while I was sleeping. I frowned in my sleep and crinkled my nose. But the tickling continued, and it was getting very irritating. I finally just buried my face in my pillow.

I then felt something poking my side repeatedly. I squirmed and turned on my other side. But the poking continued also.

What the hell is going on??

My eyes opened and I immediately shut them. It was way too bright outside. I slowly opened them again and blinked a few times. My face was inches away from someone else's.

So I screamed.

I scrambled around on my bed, trying to sit up and get away from the person in my room. I ended up getting too close to the edge of the bed and fell back. Whoever was in my room started to laugh at me. Not just a small chuckle either. It was a full on, belly aching laugh.

I quickly sat up and looked around, trying to locate the laugh. I saw him standing in the corner of my room, bent over still laughing. I frowned when I saw him.

"What the hell are you doing in my house??" I demanded from him.

Aiden stood upright and chuckled. "Well, you weren't at school during lunch so I came to find you."

"How did you get inside??"

He pulled out my key and smiled. "I still have this, remember?"

I groaned and stood up. "Well as you can see, I'm fine. So leave my key on my dresser and get out."

He jumped and landed on my bed. He put his hands behind his head, and stretched out his legs. "I think I'll stick around for a while." He looked down at my outfit. "And by the looks of it, I would say that you don't plan on going back to school." I was in my maroon sweats with my gray Beatles shirt on.

I crossed my arms. "No, I'm not." I just wanted a day to myself. Was that too much to ask for?

We stayed quiet until he spoke up again. "I know what happened this morning." He said as he looked down and played with his hands.

When he said morning, I looked at my clock and saw that it was twelve thirty. Then I thought about what had occurred this morning and sighed. "I'm sure everyone knows what happened." I snapped at him. I wasn't in the best mood now, especially since he had disturbed my sleep.

"Not everyone." He shrugged. "Anyways, that's why I came over."

"Is it now?" I asked him. "To make sure the bullied nerd girl hasn't gone suicidal and tried cutting herself? Then to go and tell everyone so they can just continue to think about how weird she is and how she will never be accepted by anyone?" I ranted. My heart was racing in my chest. I took a deep breath to try and calm myself down.

Aiden sat up on my bed. "First of all, I don't think of you as the 'bullied nerd girl'. Never have, and never will." He said seriously. "Second, I don't fucking talk to anyone at school so why would I tell them something that isn't my business? And third, I really hope you haven't cut yourself and gone suicidal."

I managed to calm myself down. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "I'm fine."

"I didn't ask if you were fine." He said. "And don't lie to me. I know you're not fine."

Dammit. "Why would being called a slut and a whore bother me?" I asked sarcastically. "Why would being accused of trying to steal Ryan from Nicole upset me? Or the fact that she told everyone I slept with you and embarrassed me in front of everyone? Hmm, why wouldn't I be fine?"

Aiden sat there silently as I rambled on. I was fuming and I clenched my hands into fists. I wasn't done with this. "I was fine. I was okay with being left alone at school and eating lunch in the library every day." I paced in my room. "I didn't care that while everyone talked during class, I was sitting in my seat reading. Then I had to be in this stupid wedding and actually socialize with people. Then I met you, Ryan, and Kelly. I actually thought that it wouldn't be so bad if I had at least a friend by my side. But I was wrong. Being with you guys only made my life harder. I never had this kind of drama in my life before. I'm a different person now. I'm not as quiet as I used to be and I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I want my old life back, but then I don't." I finished. I was breathing heavily.

Aiden raised his eyebrows. "Well, damn."

"That's all you can say after I just spilled all that out to you??" I demanded, still feeling outraged.

Aiden patted the spot next to him on my bed. "Sit."

"I'm fine right here."

"Just get over here Riley. Don't you trust me?" He asked.

I narrowed my eyes at him. I slowly made my way around the bed and sat down next to him.

"Good." He nodded. "Now, I'm kind of glad that you exploded like that. I didn't know you had it in you." He gave me a small smile. "Whenever you're around me, I get this quiet, sometimes annoying, girl who holds up her guard with sarcastic comments. It's like you don't trust anyone. I trusted you with my sob story, and you still didn't let me inside. But now," He said. "I just saw this completely different side of you. It was the side that showed your real feelings."

I looked down at my hands.

"I know being talked about sucks. Everyone thinks I go and get arrested every weekend, which is not true. But you just have to ignore it. They don't know the real you, so they make assumptions. It's what people with no lives do. They talk about other people." He told me.

I sighed and looked up at him. "When did you start giving good advice?" I teased him to lighten the mood.

He chuckled. "I guess you brought out the Dr. Phil in me."

"I'm sorry." I said suddenly.

"Sorry for what?" He asked.

"Now everyone thinks you slept with a nerdy girl like me." I said, looking down again.

He sighed. "I told you. I ignore things like that that aren't true." He scooted closer to me. "Unless, you want that rumor in particular to be true..."

I stood up quickly. "I am not going to sleep with you." He started to laugh. "It's not funny Aiden."

"It kind of is." He said. "Though, I'm kind of hurt that you wouldn't want to do it with me. I mean, every girl wants me."

I rolled my eyes. "Wow Aiden. I had no idea you could be so cocky." I said to him.

He shrugged. "Not all the time. But I do have my moments."

"So, it's been great talking to you but you need to leave now." I said.

"Why?"

"Because you have to go back to school."

He crossed his arms. "If you get to stay home from school, then so do I."

I groaned. "You can't stay here Aiden."

"Give me a good reason why I can't stay here." He said, leaning back on my bed.

"You could be missing an important lesson at school." I said. We both stared at each other and I shook my head. "Never mind. That was a terrible reason."

He clasped his hands together. "Cool. Looks like I'm staying here for a while."

I have no idea how this afternoon is going to go. But I guess I'll find out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.2K 2.6K 24
BOYXBOY | DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T LIKE RAINBOWS 🏳️‍🌈 TRIGGER WARNING: Suicidal thoughts and cutting. You have been warned. Skye Vernoy is the quiet...
278K 7.9K 26
This original novel is from 2014! I have begun to rewrite it so please go check out the new rewrite posted now! 2 rewritten chapters will come out ev...
151K 5.1K 24
We've all heard the story of the 'bad boy', but I bet you've never heard of the bad girl. Enter: Riley Dean. With a horrific history that would sca...
320K 9.8K 14
Jock x Nerd. Ryan is the school quarterback and is head over heels for Nathaniel Wilde the nerd. However there is a problem, Nate is straight or so...