I Don't Need Your Help (boyxb...

By Clevermess

Harry Potter is the fourth Triwizard Champion... just his luck right? As he prepares for the competition an u... More

Triwizard Mistake
First Task
Final Task
The Aftermath

Second Task

16.2K 732 2.1K
By Clevermess

Draco's P.O.V

Okay so the second task was coming up and I could tell by the looks of Potter he had no idea of the task. I was eating breakfast when I looked at Potter; he looked god awful and very tired. I sighed and looked over to Cedric who was holding the egg and he looked like he knew how to work it. A thought popped in my mind and I smirked. I finished eating and got up from my table as did Cedric. I walked out of the great hall and waited for him to make an exit as well. Once he did, I followed suit.

"Diggory! " I yelled and he whipped around. A small look of confusion broke out on his face before breaking into a smile.

"Oh hey Malfoy, what's up?" He asked.

"I was wondering if you figured out the task yet." I told him and he nodded.

"Yeah I did."

"Well I think you should um tell Potter because you know he told you about the dragons and all." I told him sheepishly.

"Oh um yeah, that's only fair." He nodded. "So is Harry like your boyfriend?" He asked and snorted.

"Absolutely not!"

"Oh then your friend?"

"No." I shook my head and he looked at me curiously.

"Oh then why do you want to help him?" He asked.

"Um I mean the prat can't get by on his own."

"Oh I see!" He shouted. "You have a crush on him." He said.

"No! I do not." I defended and he patted my back.

"It's alright Malfoy; I mean who wouldn't have a crush on the boy who lived?" He asked chuckling and I felt my face heat up.

"I don't have a crush on Potter."
"Then why do you want to help him?" He asked and my eyes widened as my face flushed

more."Anyway, I should get going, I'll tell Harry later. But your secret is safe with me." He winked

"I don't have a crush on him!" I defended.

"Whatever you say Malfoy but hey, try asking him to the Yule Ball, I'm sure he'll like that." He said and walked away. I sneered and turned around. I started walking and then I bumped into someone.

"Sorry." I mumbled and looked up. "Oh it only you Potter."

"Nice to see you too Malfoy." He sneered. "Not bothering some first year today?"

"Nah I saw you and figured it'd be just as fun." I smirked. "I bet you haven't even out figured the egg yet Potter."

"Shove it Malfoy."

"Aww poor Potter can't even get a simple task." I cooed maliciously.

"Oh what happened to you wanting to help me?" He teased and I glowered. I am helping you, you git.

"I've come to my senses Potter. Besides it's fun to watch you fail Potter."

"Oh I haven't failed yet have I Malfoy; I'm doing quite well better than you'd ever be able to do." He sneered and shoved him.

"Oh fuck off you prat." I huffed and walked off. As I made my way to the dungeons, I heard my name.

"Drakie poo." I groaned and stopped walking.

"Yes Pansy?" I looked at her. She grabbed my hand and started walking off with me. Her hand was rather sweaty and clammy to hold.

"Do you have a date to the Yule Ball yet baby?" She asked fluttering her eyelashes. Holding back a grimace I nodded.

"Yes my love, you." I smirked and she smiled.

"Oh Draco! I would love to go to the ball with you!" She piped. "Remember to dress nicely, I am going with the Slytherin prince but I mustn't be embarrassed." She said and I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever Pansy." I said letting go of her hand. "Now run along and find something nice to wear." I said and she scampered off. Diggory's words replayed in my head. I did not have a crush on Potter. I was merely trying to be a nice person by helping him out. Yeah that's, the stupid git can't do it on his own. I do not have a crush on Harry bloody Potter... do I?

Harry's P.O.V

I was walking around outside when Cedric called my name. I walked over to him and he smiled.

"Harry." He said. "You know the prefect's bathroom isn't a bad place to take a bath... with your egg." He winked and I looked at with wide eyes.

"What?" I asked.

"Your egg." He said. "Take a bath with it." He said and I nodded slowly.

"Alright thank you Cedric." I said.

"Anytime Harry." He winked. "And if someone asks you to the ball make sure you say yes, no matter how much you may not like them." He said and I nodded.

"Alright, bye by Cedric." I said walking away. I walked over to the Gryffindor tower and into the common room where Ron and Hermione sat.

"I think Cedric Diggory has a crush on me!" I blurted out.

"What?" Hermione asked.

"I was walking outside coming here and he stopped me. He said to take a bath with my egg and then winked!" I yelled and their eyes widened. "But that's not all. He told me to say yes to someone who will ask me to the ball no matter how much I don't like them."
"Oh that does sound a little strange but Harry, Cedric and you are acquaintances. What's not to like about him?" She asked dreamily.

"Besides, he did offer that rematch after the Quidditch where you fell of your broom." Ron pointed out. "He's nice to you and you like him as a person."
"Yeah." I nodded. "Alright but then who could he be talking about?"

"No clue man but um you should try and figure out the egg when you can." He said and nodded.

"Alright, I'll be back." I said running up to the dorm. I grabbed the egg and made my way to the prefect's bathroom. Once there, I filled it with water and bubbles. I stripped and slipped in with the egg by my side. I opened it and it screeched again. I closed it quickly and I heard giggling. I looked up and Myrtle was there.

"Yes?" I asked annoyed. I pushed the bubbles over me so she didn't see anything.

"You have to put it under." She said giggling. "Under the water."
"Okay."
"That's what the other boy did." She said

"Cedric?" I asked and she giggled nodding. I nodded and took a deep breath. I submerged with the egg and opened it under the water,

Come seek us where our voices sound,

We cannot sing above the ground

And while you're searching ponder this;

We've taken what you'll solely miss,

An hour long you'll have to look, and recover what we took,

But past an hour, the prospects black,

Too late, it's gone, it won't come back.

I went up and Myrtle was still there. She giggled again

"You got that fast. The other boy's bubbles were almost gone." She squealed before floating away. I sighed and replayed the words in my head.

"Recover what we took." I said. "Okay so something that I'll miss will be taken. I have one hour to find it." I hopped out of the water and dried myself before walking back to the common room. I just have to find out what they're taking and where it's going. And now I have to find a date to the ball.

***

Draco's P.O.V

I was dressed in nice dress robes and fixing my hair when Pansy knocked on my door.

"Come in." I mumbled. She was in a awful looking green dress.

"Oh you look handsome Drakie." She said and I rolled my eyes.

"Thanks Pansy, let's go." I grabbed her clammy hand and we walk out together. We walked towards the great hall and the champions were already outside. The mudblood looked amazing and she was with Viktor Krum? Man she's lucky... I mean he! Damn. I cleared my throat and walked into the hall with Pansy waiting for the champions to come in. I pulled her to the front and they started filing in. Potter walked in with one of the Patil twins. He looked really good in his dress robes. His hair was actually tames and he looked actually... hot? No he's potter, he's not hot.

"Draco!" I heard and I was slapped. "You're gaping at Potter, what's wrong with you?"
"Oh I um." I blushed. "Nothing Pansy, let's dance." I said. The champions were done and everyone was filing the dance floor. I danced with her for a little before I passed her off to Crabbe and sat down at one of the table. I didn't realize I was staring until someone came into my view.

"What happened to asking him Malfoy?" Cedric asked.

"What are you talking about Diggory?" I sneered.

"I see the way you're looking at him." He said and I shook my head in disbelief. I had been staring at him...

"I don't know what you're talking about Diggory." I huffed and he smirked.

"It's okay to admit your feelings Malfoy, he's a good guy." He said and I felt my face flush.

"I- I don't like him like that." I denied and he threw his head back laughing.

"Stop lying to yourself." He patted my shoulder. "I need to get back to my date." He winked and walked away. I saw Potter staring at us with his eyes widened slightly. I felt myself flush so I got up and walked back to Pansy taking her away from Crabbe and dancing with her again. I think I like Harry Potter....

Harry's P.O.V

It was time for the task. Ron and Hermione were nowhere in sight. The only person who was there was Neville and he was there to give me my gillyweed.

"You seem tense Harry." He said.

"Do I?" I asked. I needed my friends. We figured out that I was looking for something under the black lake. Neville and I hopped in a boat as he gave me gillyweed. He hopped off at the platforms as I reached the middle of the lake. As I was ingesting the gillyweed, the gun went off startling me and I started choking. As I was trying to get it down my throat, Moody threw me in the water. Under the water, I finally got it down and shot up out of the water with my webbed fingers and toes. I sprouted gills so I could breathe underwater. I started swimming through the seaweed and everything that lurked beneath the black lake. I reached the people, we were saving people. I looked at Ron and then Hermione. Who do I save? I grabbed Ron first and I went for Hermione but was stopped for the mermaid.

"Only one." He hissed.

"They're both my friends." I said. Krum came as a shark and bit the chain to Hermione breaking her free. Cedric came and got Cho already so I looked around. Fleur wasn't in sight. I decided to grab her too. I fought off the merpeople and grabbed Fleur's floating sister. I was being beaten and scratched by the mermaids and I tried whisking them away with my wand. I felt the gillyweed start wearing off. I threw Ron and the little girl so they floated up. I was still being attacked so with the littlest energy, I flicked my wand and shot out of the water, on to the platform. I was gasping for air as I was wrapped in a towel. Fleur thanked me for saving her sister and kissed both my cheeks. She kissed Ron's as well and he turned redder than his hair.

"The winner is Cedric Diggory!" Dumbledore announced and everyone cheered. "But for his heroic saving of not one but two people, Harry Potter is rewarded second place!" He announced. I smiled. I was congratulated by a few people and we started walking back to the boats. I felt a pair of eyes on me so I quickly looked to meet a pair of gray eyes. Draco Malfoy's gray eyes. I gasped as his face flushed. It clicked. Cedric wasn't hitting on me, he was hinting at Draco Malfoy. Cedric was talking about Malfoy...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

626K 33.2K 55
19 years ago, something happened between Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy - but the only one who remembers is Draco himself. He plans to carry the secre...
17.5K 582 23
Harry's last year at Hogwarts, of course, had been interrupted by the war. The war that had ended the reign of Lord Voldemort. The Battle Of Hogwarts...
999K 39.6K 48
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
130K 3.9K 15
Draco Malfoy is up to something, I swear. Why can no one see, I know him better than anyone, why won't anybody trust my hunch? The "Boy Who Lived" is...