Never Let Me Go

By carlilloyd2020

Tobin finds out about Alex's trade to Orlando through the news. Will tobin want to keep what they already hav... More

The Morning Of
Beach Trip
Needing Space
Find Yourself
Fighting for all the right reasons
Your Mess Is Mine
When a Heart Breaks
Always
Play it Again
Id Go Crazy
Turning page
Same old love
Not so Hallelujah
Lullabye
Not About Angels
See You Again
I lived
You Deserve It
Only One Call Away
Marry Me

We'll Sleep When We Die

2.1K 60 53
By carlilloyd2020

Alex pov

After our last game for olympic qualifying, jill gave us a month off before we have to head back to camp. Some were going on vacation while others were going home. Everyone was at the airport right now saying our goodbyes before boarding our planes. Although we'll see eachother in a month it was still hard for all of us to say bye. I think kelley had it worse with hope. I said bye to syd as tobin was saying bye to arod.

"Ready to go babe?" I asked, heading towards the gate.

"As always superstar." She said smirking.

"Tobs we've talked about this, stop calling me superstar!" I retaliate.

"But why? You are a superstar" she defends.

"And so is everyone else in the soccer world." I say frowning.

"Yes everyone else is, but they dont know the superstar alex morgan like i do. The superstar in bed." She says winking while pulling me along.

"Smooth heath, real smooth." I say chuckling.

"Arent i always?"

"Shutup and lets go."

Our flight lands at LAX around 3. Me and tobin decided to come back to california and spend it in the beach house that her, kelley, and i all rent. We wanted to get away for awhile and just relax, and you can definitely do that here. It took alittle while to get from the airport to San Clemente, but i didnt mind one bit. I was just excited to be home...and with tobin. I couldnt wait to spend a whole month alone with her without any of our teammates interupting us. I promised her we'd go surfing every chance we got and she looked like a little kid on christmas hearing those words.

I snapped out of the memory to hearing a door slam shut. I looked left and saw tobin walking around to the back of the car and grabbing our bags. I slowly followed up after her taking in the view the house has to offer.

"Everytime we come here it reminds me of why we rent this place." I say outloud.

"Everytime i see you it reminds me of why i love you." Tobin responds smiling her goofy wide grin.

"Wow, the tobin heath is a romantic? Didnt see that one coming." I spit back, my words laced with sarcasm.

"Ha ha, so funny alex" she dropped the suitcases and walked towards me wrapping her arms around my waist, "but seriously though, i really do think of that everytime i see you." She said staring deep into my eyes.

I responded with a kiss on the lips, barely touching eachother. Tobin wanted to deepen the kiss but i pulled back as she looked confused.

"No no, gotta save that for dessert." I said winking and turning away to go make dinner. I let out a slight yelp as i felt tobin pick me up over her shoulder and lead me away from the kitchen. "Well it that case Al, im sure dawn wont mind if i have dessert a lot during this break." She says kicking open my bedroom door and closing it.

Im in for a lot on this trip.

Tobins pov

I woke up a couple hours later. I turn to my left and see alex still passed out wrapped in the sheets. I look to the alarm clock and notice its only 11pm. I give her a quick kiss on the head and slowly get out of bed not trying to wake her. I put on a sports bra and sweats and start to head down the back porch to the beach.

I havent been near a beach in so long it feels like, that i just wanted to come down and soak it all in. The sound of the waves crashing into the shore put me at ease. The last couple weeks have been so hectic that i havent been able to really stop and enjoy life for a moment. Its time like these that im thankful for everything God has thrown at me and made me the person i am. Without him i wouldnt have soccer or alex or this moment. Everything i do i owe to Him.

I sat down, digging my toes into the sand. I begin to think about alex and the future and what it has in store for us. My mind drifts back to the thought of marrying her. I cant wait for that day. Im practically ready for it any day now considering the actual ring has been collecting dust in the back of my closet, but im just waiting for the right time. I have a lifetime with alex and i dont need to rush it.

I sit there for a few more minutes until i start to hear footsteps behind me. I turn my head slightly to see alex standing over me, still in the bed sheets with her hair in a messy bun.

"Hey theres my sleepy girl." I say smiling at her.

She smirks, "what are you doing out here at this time?" She asks.

"Not much, just welcoming in the ocean the right way and thinking about the future." I respond looking out to the waves infront of us. "What are you doing up? You were knocked out cold." I say chuckling.

"Yea i was until i rolled over and felt the cold side of the bed. I needed you there so i came searching for my wandering lover."

I stand up, wiping the sand off my pants. "Sorry bout that babe, i just needed a moment of peace and silence, c'mon, lets head back to bed. You need youre beauty sleep." I said while wrapping my arm around her shoulder and kissing her head.

"Yea well you do too." She argues.

"Eh i can sleep when i die, i just look at you sleeping half the time. Seeing how perfectly relaxed your face is or the way your breathing patterns are. I just gaze at you and thank God for having you in my life. Id much rather do that than sleep." I say caressing her cheek, only stopping to pick her up and carry her back to the house.

"I love you tobin heath." Alex says while resting her head in the crook of my neck.

"More than you'll ever imagine alex." I say as i open the back door, leading her back to the bedroom. I gently lay her down as she has already drifted off to sleep again. I lay down next to her and pull the covers up as i start to run my hands through her hair. I start to re-examine every little thing she does  when she sleeps, the way her back lowers and raises as she breathes, the way her eyelids twitch as she dreams, or the way her face looks so innocent and content, like nothing could screw up this moment.

She really is a goddess.

Alex pov

I wake up, rolling over to cuddle in to tobin only to feel the coldness of the empty bed...again. I get out of bed and put on some shorts and sweatshirt. I head out into the kitchen to see tobin standing at the stove, making eggs and bacon. I stand at the entrance, taking in the sight as she is slowly working on putting the eggs onto plates. I smile as drops a piece to the floor.

"Yenno i woke up alone again." I say pouting.

She slightly jumps not knowing im here, "oh yea sorry babe, i was really hungry and didnt wanna wake you because you looked so peaceful. So i made breakfast." She said smiling.

I walked over to her,kissing her on the cheek and grabbing the plate in her hand, "looks good, bet it taste as good as last night" i say giving her a wink.

She turns back to the stove chuckling, "so al whatd ya wanna do today?"

"Well i was thinking we cou-" i was cut off at the sound of our doorbell ringing. "Whose that?" I ask curiously

"I dont know lemme go see." Tobin says getting up and walking to the door. As she opens it a hear the high pitched voice i was wanting a break from.

"WHATS UP BITCHES???!" Kelley yells walking into the house with hope trailing behind.

"Kelley?...and hope? What are you guys doing here?" I ask confused.

"Well ya see, Dork yolo over there couldnt stand being away from me for even a couple hours and i missed you guys so i thought 'hey! Why dont we surprise you guys!' So i told her to catch a plane to cali as i did the same and now here we are. Crashing your guys' little breakfast party to hang with you for a week before going on an adventure. So whatd ya say? Ready for the fun to begin?" Kelley said smiling while wiggling her eyebrows.

"Well kell, we already had some fun last night but glad you still came here." Tobin said laughing at kelley who made gagging noises.

"Okayy TMI there tobin." Hope said copying kelleys actions. "You guys up for some beach volleyball?" Hope asked quickly changing the subject.

"And surfing!" Kelley added on excitedly.

"Totally." Me and tobin said in unison, heading to change and then following kell and hope out the door.

A/N- i am superrr bummed pinoe tore her acl and the game got cancelled, but glad that they cancelled so no one would get injured. Its ridiculous how the women are being treated from US Soccer! But anywayy hope you like it and feedback is appreciated!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.6K 720 35
Andy was your average high school student. She played soccer, did well in school had crushes etc. She wasn't just like everyone one though. Her mothe...
5.6K 140 6
can you see me using everything to hold back? alessia russo x fem!oc 2023 - 2024, uswnt & awfc
27.8K 708 13
Alex Morgan has a few things she's keeping from her teammates. Things like who she's in love with, and how she lost her, and how she needs help getti...
106K 2.3K 21
Are you willing to risk your happiness for the future of the one you love?