'M' is for Moron and 'K' is f...

By RubyIvane

Hi!!! My name is Ruby. Well this is my first book ever! I decided on making it fanfic/Camren because what ins... More

The Interview
Coffee Encounters
You again?
Lunch dates and other names
Shitty days
Crush
I like you
Discoveries
Discoveries II
Say it
Love is like a flower

What a pleasant surprise

373 13 0
By RubyIvane

Lauren's POV  

After I finished eating breakfast at the cafe and drank my coffee, I gave Will the money so he could pay, and went to the car to wait for him. I could've paid it myself but I wanted to give Will the chance to talk with Dinah, and take time for myself to daydream with the cute brunette. She's so breathtakingly beautiful, so stunning and angelic. I admit that I have involved myself with many attractive men and a few beautiful women in the past. But no one could compare to her, she's definitely something else. Her sparkly brown eyes, her long hair, her full lips, and her skin. I want to take an entire day just to admire her beauty and memorize every curve, every mole, every imperfection of her. This is a ridiculous situation for me since I know nothing about this girl. I don't know her name, age, likes, dislikes, passions, interests, work place, I know nothing. But that is exactly why I'm going crazy, I want to know everything.  Every little detail of her that there is to be known I want to discover. 

With a sigh I close my eyes and try to push her away of my thoughts or I won't be able to concentrate on the meeting I have with my manager. While I'm doing my breathing exercises to calm myself so I can concentrate on the meeting, Will enters the car with a smile. 

"Huh, I see someone is very happy. Did you get her number Mr. Will?" I ask with a teasing tone and a smirk.

Will instantly blushes "No Miss Lauren, of course not! These are work hours, I wouldn't dare to do that." he said somewhat shy and embarrassed. 
I chuckled "Oh come on Will! Don't be a grandpa. Did you at least talked to her?"

He smiles at this "Yes, I did. I'm coming back this weekend to have coffee with her"

I rise my eyebrows and let out a humored laugh "Wow! So you didn't get the number but got a date. Well done Will!" I give him a high five to which he accepts. 
Will chuckles too "I guess so." I grin at him.
When the laughter dies down Will clear his throat "Do I take you now to Mr. Green's office Miss Lauren?" he turns and asks me. 

I sigh "Yes" he nods and turns on the engine and accelerates the car. 

We arrive 30 minutes after since John's office was a bit far away from the cafe. 

"We have arrived Miss Lauren" Will announces. I  nod and unbuckle my seat belt. 
"Thank you Will. You don't have to wait for me since I'll probably take a while, but I need you to come for me at 1 o'clock for an interview I have." he nods 

"Very well Miss Lauren. I'll be here at 12:50" I nod and smile at him. I grab my purse and check I'm not leaving anything behind.
 "Thank you Will" I smile at him and he returns the smile. Finally I exit the car and go inside the house where John is waiting for me. 

John Green, the man who has helped me all through my career. He was practically the one who raised me to the artist I am today. He is basically all the family I have here in New York, he's like an uncle to me. We met in a bar when I was 19. I was new to New York, I lived essentially all my life in Miami, but decided to move to New York to pursue my music career. I played in bars from time to time and in one of those nights John found me. When I finished my gig he came up to me praised my talent, and told me he would love to work with me. I was very flattered and shocked, since he seemed like a serious business man. He had confidence when he talked and you could very well tell he had experience. John is the type of man who doesn't get easily impressed, and I felt that vibe since the first moment we spoke. It was definitely one of the best things that has happened to me in my entire life. Thanks to John and him believing in me is the cause of where I am today in my career. 

"Hey there sweetie" John greets me when I enter his office. I give him a cheek kiss and a hug. 

"Hi John, how are you?" I smile and he returns. 

"Very well and you?"
"I'm great" I grin. And I'll admit the a special brunette briefly came to my mind, but I shook it off so I could focus. 

"That's good. Okay so I need to talk to you about the album and other things, make some arrangements and changes. Then you're good to go." I nod and proceed to sit down. 

11:57 am

Two hours later my meeting with John was finally over. I exit the house and call Will seeing that I finished earlier than I thought.
After three rings he picks up "Hello Will, can you come pick me up now from John's house?"
"Yes Miss Lauren" 
"Thank you" I hang up and wait for Will to come. 

30 minutes later Will arrives. He exits the car to open the door for me. I mumble a 'Thank you' and get in. I buckle my seat belt and when I turn to look Will is already inside and all buckled up. 'I swear to god this man is a ninja' I think to myself. 

"Where should I take you now Miss Lauren" he asks. 

I was a bit hungry but I knew I wouldn't have time to eat and get in time to the interview knowing it was at 1:30. I look at the time 12:36 it reads. I sigh. Guess I'll eat when I get out that stupid interview. 
"Take me to BuzzFeed" I tell Will, he nods and accelerates. 

We arrive at the BuzzFeed building exactly 15 minutes before my interview. I internally curse a bit seeing that the traffic didn't cooperate and I was almost late to this interview, and I'm not up for rescheduling.
"At what hour should I pick you up Miss Lauren?" asks Will through the rear view mirror.

"Uh, I really don't know Will. But I'm guessing this shouldn't take more than one or two hours, so be sure to be near by at 3:30 for when I call you." I tell him while I'm gathering my things to exit the car.
He nods "Very well Miss Lauren, good luck up there" he says with a smile. Will knows about my abhorrence towards interviews. I return the smile.

"Thanks Will" I exit the car and walk quickly to the building. I don't like being late, and less for these types of things. I like to get it over with as soon as possible. 

Once I'm inside the building I see the receptionist. I go over her work area to ask her where the interview is.

"Hi Good afternoon, my name is Ally. How can I help you ma'am?" She asks with a beaming smile which I return. She seems like a very nice woman. 

"Good afternoon Ally my name is Lauren Jauregui I'm here for the interviews that are taking place here. In which floor is it?" I ask somewhat in a hurry since I'm late. 

"Oh yes! If you mean the interviews that Mr. Luke schedule they are in the 7th floor." 

I nod "Thank you so much Ally have a nice day" I smile at her 

She returns even a bigger smile and nods "You're welcome Miss Jauregui" 

I turned to head to the elevator and once inside it I press the 7th floor. I arrive to the floor and Luke is already there to greet me

"Lauren honey thank you for coming!" says animatedly the dark haired man. 
I smile "No problem Luke. Where is the interview going to take place?"
"Follow me" he motions me to walk with him. We arrive at a conference room and there I see the cameras, seats, papers, everything is set for the interview. 

"Here is where the interview is going to take place. If you want to fix yourself a bit we have a make up and hair crew in the next room. Tori Kelly is there right now since we're interviewing her first and then is your turn. There is also some snacks over there" he winks at the last statement. My face lights up since my hunger is starting to rise and this interview could take a while seeing that is not my turn yet. 

I go to the snack/make up room and get touched up a bit. I'm eating a granola bar and scrolling through Tumblr. 20 minutes later I get called by one of the crew members. 
"Miss Jauregui you're up next" I smile and nod. I get up from my seat and head to the conference room. Once inside I can't believe who I'm seeing. It's her.

"What a pleasant surprise" 

Camila's POV 

This can not be happening to me. Of all the people in New York I had to potentially be almost ran over by that woman's car. I don't know if I'm just cursed or I'm lucky. Not to be ungrateful with fate who brought us together, but why? I'm only going to make a fool of myself again. Look at me right now! I'm a nerve wreck because I'm interviewing this woman whom I know nothing about, and I'm likely developing a crush on. Could I be more pathetic? 

I take deep breaths and head to the conference room where the interviews are taking place. Once inside I'm glad to see there is a blonde girl, which i recognize to be Tori Kelly from the brief search I did few hours ago. At least this will give me some time to calm the fuck down.
"Hi my name is Camila Cabello, I'll be interviewing you today" I say with a smile.
"Nice to meet you Camila I'm Tori Kelly" she smiles back. Well at least she's nice. 

20 minutes later and I'm done with the interview. I stand up from my seat to stretch a bit my legs. 'Okay one down, three more to go. Come on Camila you can do this' I give myself encouragement. Maybe if I'm lucky Lauren will be the last one of the day, and that will give me time to get my shit together. Hm, Lauren. Lauren Jauregui, it fits her. I like the way it's a unique combination of names, just like she's a unique beauty. With her alluring green eyes, black ravened hair, and smooth porcelain skin. She's definitely gorgeous.  As I'm making a little stroll around the conference room to stretch my legs I get startled by a deep raspy womanly voice. 

"What a pleasant surprise" I hear astonishment in her statement. I turn to look at her and there she is. The woman who has been consuming my thoughts all day. She even looks more beautiful than I remembered. Considering that when we "talked" this morning she was a few feet away and I was busy picking up my stuff, but now she's barely a few steps away. Our gazes lock and we take each other in. But this time is different. Is not rushed nor shy like the past times this morning. Right now we are taking our time on analyzing everything. Faces, hair, movements, bodies, everything. God, this woman just keeps making me swallow my words. If I thought she was beautiful before, I was wrong.  She is more than that. She is exquisite, celestial, divine, ethereal, a true goddess. I could go on and on about how breathtakingly stunning she is. Her body is mesmerizing. She has curves in all the right places. Curves I would die to memorize with the touch of my lips and hands, and in every other way is humanly possible. I sense her eyes on my body too and feel the air getting thick with sexual tension. I clear my throat and proceed to speak.

"Good afternoon, my name is Camila Cabello and I'll be interviewing you today." I say while looking her in the eyes. I'm surprised I haven't fainted yet. 
"Good afternoon Camila, I'm Lauren Jauregui. Nice to properly meet you." There is humor in her statement to which I smile and she returns. 
"Would you like to start with the interview now or is there anything you would like to know, or do beforehand?" I ask politely. I see her approaching to where I'm standing. Now she's an arms length away from me. 'Please have mercy of my soul Jesus' I think. 

"Well, I was going to let you start the interview, but now that you mention it I would like to know something." she says with a serious tone, I nod for her to continue. 
"Would you like to have lunch with me afterwards? I mean after this interview" she has a smirk on her face. God, she's going to kill me. 

"Uh, I don't know Miss Jauregui. It doesn't seem proper and I'm not sure when I'll be done. I still have two more interviews after this." I say honestly while fumbling with my fingers. 

"Please, call me Lauren. And I insist, it will be my way to apologize for the incident this morning. Is not everyday you encounter the person who ran towards your car. And besides I bet someone can take charge of the other two interviews, there are many people here." she says with smugness. I frown at this. This girl has some nerve.  
"Excuse me Miss Jaureugi, but as I remember it, your driver was the one who almost killed me out there. And this is my job, I can't just leave to have lunch with you" I say serious. She chuckles. 

"Fine, whatever you say Miss Cabello" she says mockingly. Ugh, she's so cynical. 
She senses my discomfort and stops laughing "I-I'm sorry Camila, I didn't mean to offend you I was just joking." I see sincerity in her eyes and concern in her voice. I smile at her.
"It's okay Miss Jauregui let's just proceed with the interview." she nods and gives me a shy smile in return. We sit down and I take the microphone and the papers with the questions. Once everything is set up I look at Lauren and see she was already staring back at me. 

"Ready?" I ask. She nods and smiles brightly at me.

'All Gods above, give me strength, because this woman is going to be the death of me.' I take a deep breath. A few seconds  later I hear the camera man say "Okay we're starting in 3,2,1..." 

Author's note 

Okay Ch.4 let's goooo! This took me a while to write, but I finally got it and feel satisfied with it. Next chapter there will be a LOT of camren so brace your hearts :D! - Ruby :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.6K 2.2K 40
~ A Y/N/Camren Story ~ You've been in an almost perfect relationship for the past two years with a girl named Camila Cabello. You use the word almost...
100K 3.1K 22
"Is she naked because you love her, or do you love her because she's naked" ... After you get your heart broken, your friend Camila from Fifth Harmon...
309K 15.4K 101
Camila Cabello was your typical, everyday Werewolf. She went to school, she did her homework, hung out with her friends, and once the sun came down a...
152K 3.7K 29
Camila is used to being alone. Ever since her mom and sister died, it's only been her and her dad. With her dad being an abusive jerk, she tends to k...