the ice queen | hatake kakashi

By nu-clear

She didn't expect her return to Konoha to change her life at all. Especially the fact that her deepest secret... More

prologue
01 ; a new jounin
02 ; the first encounter
03 ; a hidden gift
04 ; the curse within
05 ; the cruel reality
06 ; a big decision
07 ; of sudden changes
08 ; of new worries
10 ; of blossoming feelings
11; the kunoichi's birthday
12 ; the unexpected abduction
13 ; a surprise present
14 ; plans, plans, plans
15 ; a simple date
16 ; a simple dance
17 ; an abandoned tale
18 ; the truth unveiled
19 ; a longing reunion
20 ; the odd genin
21 ; the final stage
22 ; the nightmares begun
23 ; abundance of thoughts
24 ; a glimpse of reality
25 ; a new duty
26 ; that typical heartache
27 ; a rising hope
28 ; in building strength
29 ; a sacrifice made
30 ; the final countdown
31 ; the fourth war
32 ; a confrontation made
33 ; the legendary fight
34 ; a monster unleashed
35 ; an oath swore
36 ; rise of a silhouette
37 ; of lucid dreams
38 ; bizarre differences
39 ; little wild flower
40 ; post shinobi war
41 ; lost of trust
42 ; stress and pressure
43 ; no better than
44 ; strangers
45 ; a surprising news
46 ; resolutions
47 ; redemption
48 ; tiger moth
49 ; lucky strike
50; jingo jungle
51; sing to the sky
52; and rise again
53; come back
54: at last
55; moon night
56; 帰り道
57; サヨナラの意味
58; the end of nightmares
59; 好きと言わせたい
60; epilogue
book 2!!!

09 ; the mysterious ninja

12.5K 380 43
By nu-clear

I think Taeyeon's I is the main anthem for this story. (Or it could be Fuyu's character song. Teehee)
Also, this thing is going f a s t. Hm, might slow it down when I revised it.
------------

Kakashi flipped through the old book Sandaime had given him. With the Sandaime dead, does he still have to do the mission he assigned him? The silver-haired jounin took out a few papers which he had taken from the Hokage's office recently. Fuyu's ninja registration card was so incomplete, Kakashi wondered how did it pass the strict criteria. He checked Fuyu's ninja statistics. High level of ninjutsu, taijutsu, and genjutsu, intelligence (not as high as Kakashi's, though) and a maximum mark for speed. 'Well, she moves really fast, I guess.' Kakashi recalled her swiftness during their escort mission to Kumogakure.

Her stats were high enough to even match his, and her bloodline was definitely not included in the stats, since it was last updated a few years ago. He scanned through the card once more. Most of Fuyu's card was empty, especially about her family background.

Or so it seems.

Fuyu's card seemed to have a scratch at her family name. He opened his Sharingan, hoping that there would be some clue about her family background. He traced the words behind the scratch, getting the word Fuyu from it.

'Well, everybody makes silly mistakes sometimes.' Kakashi kept the card and took out another piece of paper. A record of Fuyu using her bloodline and her side effects were scribbled on the paper. "Let's see.... major drop in body temperature and tiredness seems to be the common effects." He flipped through the old book, trying to find something regarding this effects. "Ah." He marked the page he was currently reading before closing the book, calling it a night.

The Sandaime's task was actually very simple; refrain Fuyu from turning into a monster. Honestly, he thinks the young girl could actually control herself quite well, excluding some scenarios when she seemed to lose control (coughs, training ground incident).

It was the side effects that were worrying him. A ninja like her is so valuable, it would be a loss if she were to be out of comission at a young age.

He recalled his encounter with Haku. Haku didn't faint or collapsed or looked tired when he used his abilities. Heck, Haku even had a normal body temperature. So why did Fuyu had those side effects? An idea suddenly popped in Kakashi's head.

He had a Sharingan, and he wasn't an Uchiha. The consequences? He was often hospitalized from chakra depletion. Could it be the same for Fuyu? But then.... she had the snow white hair of a ninja from the Snow Islands. Kakashi reopened the book, searching for something that could give him a simple hint about his mysterious comrade. Head almost hitting the table, his eyes suddenly widened as he read a certain paragraph over and over again. Feeling accomplished, he jotted down the information and smiled with pure satisfaction.

Man, it was much easier to complete his research now that he doesn't have a genin team to look over. Kakashi looked out of the window. Each of his student were now training with a Sannin. He smiled, he couldn't wait to see the results of their training soon. Although Sasuke.... Kakashi sighed. He wondered if they could bring him back to Konoha again.

'One problem at a time, Kakashi. One problem at a time.' Marking the page, he closed the book and kept it in his bookshelf. Slowly, he took out an old wooden box from the top of the shelf. The jounin smiled as he looked at the content of the box.

The old kunai had rusted a little, with stains of dirt and blood still on it. The kunai was still cold, eventhough it had been buried for five years. Kakashi recalled the incident vividly. How the young kunoichi had saved him from almost dying that day with her gifted abilities. How her sapphire eyes had sparkled during the small fight, her movements swift disposing of every enemy in sight. Smiling, he closed the box once more and kept it in its original place.

He was about to sleep when he felt a presence of somebody in front of his doorsteps. Kakashi lazily walked towards the door, surprised as an ANBU had been standing in front of his doorsteps.

"Kakashi-san, we need your help."

--------------------------------------
Kakashi entered the prison. It's been awhile since he last set foot in this cold place. His eyes were moving wildly, looking for something in the dark cell. The ANBU tapped his shoulders and pointed to a cell at the corner of the prison. Without hesitating, Kakashi dashed into the cell.

The cell was surprisingly cold, too cold for a normal human being to be in. It was also extremely dark. Kakashi would not have recognised the person in the cells if it weren't for the sapphire eyes of hers.

Those sapphire eyes which seemed to scream with hatred towards him right now.

"Fuyu," Softly, he called her name. The girl responded by trashing herself, trying to break free of the chakra restraints around her. He sensed the ANBU watching from behind the scenes. They probably would aid him in case things went a little haywire. Kakashi sighed, it was like the training ground incident all over again.

"Fuyu. It's me. Kakashi." He tried to approach her slowly. He stayed a safe distance from Fuyu, crouching so he could see those eyes of hers. It is amazing to see those eyes could give out two different auras from the same person. He stared her eyes intensely, thinking of a way to snap her from her...... something.

"I really want to help you, but I have no idea what happened to you. So...." He took out his hand. Fuyu extended her hand as well, even if the chakra strains were hurting her.

She then decided to claw at Kakashi's arm, literally scratching his arms. He only watched his ripped cloth as blood slowly ran down his skin. "You do realise once you snap out of this you're gonna say you're sorry thousands of times, don't you?" He playfully joked with Fuyu, only to earn a snarl as her response. "Go away," she hissed. Kakashi approached her still, his arm still bleeding for all he cared.

"Go away!!! " she screamed. Her sapphire eyes shone in the dark. Kakashi looked at her again, he noticed her eyes were dark, like it was filled with something.....

Bloodlust. Kakashi finally realised the situation he had gotten into. He was about to stop the blood from running before he felt his surroundings became very, very cold. He heard a soft clang and turned to see Fuyu finally standing as she massaged her arms. "FINALLY," She turned her head towards the elder jounin, her right hand still holding the chakra blade Kakashi had kept hidden in the cell to break her free. She flicked her left arm, a few ice daggers appeared and threw them towards the Copy Nin.

Kakashi managed to dodge two of the ice daggers, the third one had graze across his cheek. The ANBU was about to aid him, but he stopped them. "Let me handle this. Alone." Kakashi heard Fuyu snickered. Dropping the chakra blade, she gave him a pitiful look. "If I were you, I'll probably run now."

She changed the cell into an ice cave in an instance.

--------------------------------------
They should have kept her outside. Literally.

Hatake Kakashi jumped out of the prison walls. He was starting to feel a bit dizzy as he jumped on a tree. Grazing his ripped mask, he sighed loudly. "What kind of mission did you went with Guy, Fuyu?" He remembered their encounter at the park. How Fuyu's green eyes seemed to gaze through his face as their faces were close to each other.

So the opposite of the situation in front of him. He watched as the girl ran out of the prison, calling him out. "Come on, Copy Nin. Afraid of a little jounin?" She continued to taunt him, waiting for her prey to fall right in front of her. Sensing his chakra, Fuyu ran towards a tree and climbed smoothly up the tree. Her ice daggers were all prepared when she felt her legs being stuck all of a sudden.

She struggled to break herself free. Alas, the thing that was holding her feet was becoming more tighter, much to the latter's comfort. Much to her surprise, it was a tree branch that was traping her right now. She focused herself, trying to break free of the genjutsu. That, until she felt a warm embrace from the back of her.

Kakashi was hugging her. Concluding that he should try the same tactic as before, he softly whispered to her. "Fuyu, this isn't you. You aren't like this. Wake up." Repeating the same words as before, he felt Fuyu's struggling seemed to lessen. 'Is she gonna faint again....' he sighed loudly, waiting for Fuyu to calm down.

Fuyu stopped struggling. She took a deep breath, and broke the genjutsu in a matter of seconds. She kicked Kakashi off the tree, sending him flying back to the prison wall. He remained still, probably unconscious for awhile. Fuyu smirked, slowly walking towards Kakashi with her sharpest ice dagger in her hand.

Kakashi groaned in pain loudly. He couldn't feel the arm that Fuyu had clawed earlier. His expression darkened as he watched the young ninja in front of him turn to a...... monster. He groaned again, the pain in his arm was starting to throb really bad. If only he could distract Fuyu again-

"Kakashi?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.2K 1.8K 25
When Naruto's older sister comes back to Konoha 12 years after the third shinobi war, Kakashi's world is about to change. The sweet but deep lovesto...
78.2K 2.5K 34
'Her heart beat fast as she ran through the woods, moonlight casting shadows of trees in her path. The only noise was the soft sounds of the women's...
14.6K 268 40
After years of being on the road training with Master Jiraiya, Meilani finally returns home to her adoptive brother in the Hidden Leaf. With her, she...
4.5K 166 23
This is a story about a teenage girl who was tasked with the job to go and protect what's needed to be protected in the Naruto verse and maybe have s...