Our Love Could Be Lethal

By ninjasawakendmystar

"Sweetheart, you underestimate how much Finnick loves this girl. My tip, don't be the one to get in between t... More

Hey Guys!!!
District Two Female Stats (Official)
Congratulations
Ilussion
Party with Every Victor Ever (Almost)
Victory Tour with my Escorts Raging Hormones
Let the Games Begin Again
Pre-Games Games Part 1
Introducing...
Pre-Games Games Part 2
Pre-Games Games Part 3
Pre-Games Games Part 4
Betrayal and Roses
Violent Closure
Violent Closure Part 2
Cards and Chance
Meetings with Snow
Meeting Johanna
Inverse Betrayal
Meeting my Brother
Introducing...
Questions
Lyme the Great
Afraid of Getting Close
Snitches get Stiches
Q & A
Q&A Answers
Game Time
Training
The Review Party
Interview of the Year
Let the Games Begin (Again)(Again)
Off With His Head
Talking Bodies
Dam(n)
And They All Lived? Happily Ever After?
ACT II
Act II: Meet the Victors
Act II: Anew
Act II: Norrmalmstorgssyndromet
Act II: Winners and Choosers
Act II: Reap What You Sow
Act II: District 2's At It Again
Act II: Just Another Morning on Floor 2
Act II: Chariots of Fire
Act II: Party With One Eye Open
Act II: Sleepovers and Death
Act II: Brother Dearest
Act II: The Scores Are In
Act II: Once Upon a Midnight Dreary
Act II: Goodbye, Brother
Act II: Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow
Act II: Be Very Quiet, We're Hunting for Tributes
Act II: This Isn't a Kumbaya
Act II: I'll Tear Your Tree Down B****
Act II: Attack on Tritons
Act II: New Rules
Act II: Crazy Wins
Act II: Dent
Act II: Wake Up and Smell the Death
Act II: We All Fall Down
Act II: Finale
Act II: Epilogue
Act III
Capitolian Magazine
Act III: She's Coming to Town
Capitol Star
ACT III: Pretty Little Liar
Act III: Deadly Announcements
The Capitolian
Act III: Will the Tribute From 2 Please Stand Up?
Rewrite Announcement

Night That We (I) Won't Remember

11.8K 300 50
By ninjasawakendmystar

Special thanks to killp50 for the suggestions! This chapter is for you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I made my way up to the 222nd floor and entered the ginormous suite that took up almost the entirety of the floor of the hotel.

I open the door with my key card and I see the massive regal red room with a huge open fire place in the middle. As I enter the room I look to see white rose petals on the bed in the shape of a heart and in the middle of it an envelope with Finnick's name on it.

I quickly stalk over towards the envelope and open it out of curiosity. As I unfold the letter my eyes begin to scan the page frantically.

To Mr. Finnick Odair,

Remember to do your service well tonight, the person you are with is very important. And do not forget, I have a meeting with someone tomorrow as you know, and would hope that you would not do anything to jeopardise it.

Sincerely,
President Cornelius Snow

This is horrible! How long has Snow been holding me over Finnick's head for? I hear movement outside the room and out of reaction I take the note and throw it into the fire. I can't let Finnick see it or he'll push me away.

I quickly run over to the bed and lie down in the middle of the roses and strike the most ridiculous pose I can think of. As the door creaks open I see Finnick walk in, looking at the ground.

"Ceci-" He finally cuts himself off after seeing that it's me in the room and not Marty's daughter. "Tavia? What are you doing here!"

"Let's just say I made a deal and now your night is free." I reply slyly.

"What did you do?" He asks wryly.

"What do you mean? I made a deal at the poker table and I won the night with Finnick Odair fair and square."

He lets out a sigh of relief. "Phew! I though you killed her or something!" He says half jokingly.

"No, not this time." I reply sarcastically.

"So you wanted to spend the night with me then?" He wiggles his eyebrows teasingly.

"No, I just wanted the guys money but I got this instead. Bad deal if you ask me." I say while looking at my nails.

"Haha very funny." He says dryly. "Incoming!" He says running and then jumping onto the bed like a child would.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Well if you won this hotel room instead of money we might as well use it." He says curtly. I raise my eyebrow at the wording of his sentence and his eyes widen. "I meant like to actually sleep and watch television in not to like you know...."

The doorbell rings. "I'll get it!" I shout. I open the door to see a bell hop with a tray of about four different wines and two bottles of champagne.

"Here you are mam, all of these are Panems finest." He bows and walks away.

I take in the giant basket and place it on the table. "Looks like we're going to have fun tonight."

Finnick walks over to the table a takes a seat across from me. "What should we start with?" He asks.

"The champagne." I say quickly. He pours two glasses full. I pick mine up and hold it in the air and so does he.

"To the casino." I say.

"To the casino." He says. After a brief pause he turns to ask me "Why do you like champagne so much?"

"Because it tastes like winning." I say.

-----------------------------------------

"So then I told her to- hiccup- move and she didn't so I just- hiccup- threw it at her? I thought I was going to get in so much -hiccup- trouble!" I laugh hysterically. I've only had a bit to drink. Okay more than a bit, a lot. Right now I've finished a half bottle of wine and a whole bottle of champagne myself.

"Octavia are you going to remember any of this in the morning?"

"Probaslby not." I slur.

"Then can I ask you something." He asks.

"Go for it." I say.

"What did you bet in that game in order to save me?" He asks intently.

"Well that's easy, 7,000 dollars."

"And?"

"And me."

"What do you mean?" He says leaning into the table.

"I told him if he won that he would have a night with Octavia Jones the victor." I say throwing my self across the couch in a laughing fit. "But shhhhh don't tell Finnick."

"I won't don't worry." Says.

"Good because Finnick can't know about that." I pause. "What's that guys deal anyways? He's so protective."

"There's a reason for that." He says.

"But that's okay." I continue disregarding his last comment. "I love him either way."

"You love him?" Finnick exclaims intently.

"More than anyone. I'm going to go find him." I say standing up but failing and wobbling.

"No your going to go to bed." He says lifting me up bridal style so I don't fall down.

"Oh, there you are Finnick." I say looking up at him. "I was looking for you to tell you that I-"

And I fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finnick's POV

"But that's okay." She says drunkly, since she's had way more than me to drink. "I love him anyways."

I'm taken aback by what she says. "You love him?" She loves me she's got to be kidding right? I mean I love her too- wait did I just- no I love her as a friend.

"More than anyone. I'm going to go find him." She says with certainty in her voice. I was going to be mad at her for the bet she made with Cecilia's father but how can I? She had good intentions, plus somehow I don't see how getting mad at a brutally honest drunk can help anything.

Octavia wobbles as she tries to get up. "No you're going to bed." I interject, picking her up bridal style so she won't fall over.

" Oh there you are Finnick." She says. "I was looking for you to tell you that I-" And she fell asleep.

What was she going to tell me! That she loved me?! Again?! I'll just ask her in the morning. Wait, no stupid you can't do that because she won't remember anything. Not even her saying that she loved me in the first place.

As I place Octavia in the ginormous hotel bed, I begin to think about what Mags said to me about people creeping up on you. Was the Victor from District  Two creeping up on me? Even if she was, I don't want to jeopardise our friendship.

I crawl into the bed, making sure to be on the opposite side of Octavia so I don't make her feel to uncomfortable when she wakes up.

And with my last thoughts of Octavia I fall asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back to Octavia's POV

I wake up to the sunrise and feel completely blasted from the night before. The sun hurt my eyes and all I wanted to do was crawl up in the darkness and go back to sleep.

I start to move to look at the time when I realise there is a giant arm wrapped around my waist not wanting to let go of me. And of course that arm belonged to none other than the Finnick Odair.

"Well this is awkward." I think. I slowly move his arm so I can get up to brush my teeth and change to go meet with Snow. Who schedules meetings at 8 am anyways? I open the closet to see that it is filled with nice clothes, from which I pick out the most normal clothes I can find which is a red hooded tunic dress. It has a red cape and hood with a mini dress built into it.

I lay the outfit out on the couch and I go into the bathroom to brush my teeth. When I come out I see Finnick is awake.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." I say.

"No you didn't the sun did." He says sitting at the edge of the bed looking outside. "How is it that a city so beautiful can be the place of so much suffering."

"It's dressed up to hide all of the pain and suffering." I say curtly. "Now don't look I have to change." I begin to pull on my tunic as he continues to look out the window.

"Do you remember anything from last night?" He asks with a bit of sorrow in his voice. "Not really no." I pause as I finish putting on my tunic dress."Why?"

"Just wondering."

"I'll see you later." I say as I head out the door.

"Octavia." He says sternly finally turning around to face me. "Be careful."

"I will." I say. And with that I close the door and head to the elevator.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's it for this chapter folks see you next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

325K 7.1K 60
πš•πš’πš‹πšŽπš›πš˜πšœπš’πšœ -πš—πš˜πšžπš— πšπš‘πšŽ πšπšŽπšœπš’πš›πšŽ 𝚝𝚘 πšŒπšŠπš›πšŽ πš•πšŽπšœπšœ "Caring too much for my allies had made the loss all the worse, caring...
273K 6.9K 27
Aria Mitchell, victor of Panem's 70th Hunger Games, wanted it all to end; the pain, the nightmares, the exhaustion of living in hell under the devil...
19K 417 46
Katniss Everdeen, Victor of 66th Annual Hunger Games at the age of 12, meets Finnick Odair, The 15 year-old Capitol Heartthrob. Katniss has trouble a...
12.5K 339 28
The Hunger Games | Finnick Odair ----------- ❝Don't leave me, please don't leave me. Don't leave me alone.❞ ❝I won't leave you Finnick,❞ She kissed...