Can't Spell Love Without L (A...

By NanallySakii

During those times of reflection and struggling to heal herself from her painful past, Amaryllis discovered t... More

Can't Spell Love Without L [Prologue]
Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 1 - Page 1]
Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 1 - Page 2]
Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 1 - Page 3]
Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 1 - Page 4]
Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 1 - Page 5 part one]
Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 1 - Page 5 part three]
Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 1 - Page 6]
Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 1 - Page 7]
Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 1 - Page 8]
Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 1 - Page 9]
Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 1 - Page 10]
Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 2]
Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 3 - Page 1]
Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 3 - Page 2]
Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 3 - Page 3]
Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 3 - Page 4]
Can't Spell Love Without L: Christmas Special
Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 3 - Page 6]
Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 3 - Page 7]
Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 3 - Page 8]
Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 3 - Page 9]
Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 3 - Page 10]
Can't Spell Love Without L [Epilogue]

Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 1 - Page 5 part two]

9.2K 366 136
By NanallySakii

AN: Gomenasai!!! D:

Sorry again for the long wait! I've been out of house for almost two days, and I almost pass out from exhaustion. D: But here it is! Part two if Page 5!!!~

Oh, and one more note: THERE WILL BE PART THREE. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :D

Enjoy the latest installment of Can't Spell Love Without L!~ And cheers for the good work, everyone!!~

--

[Act 1 - Page 5]

Basically, it is only a small joke, but it turned out that Ryuzaki is true to his words.

--

Amaryllis expected Ryuzaki to pop out from somewhere to greet her good morning, but she was disappointed for his absence. With a small pout, she headed for her classroom. Still no sign of Ryuzaki.

The pout didn't disappear until she sat down on her chair. Her left hand wandered under her desk, searching for her favorite pencil that she always leave there. No one steals it, so she's pretty confident in hiding it. Instead of touching her pencil, something else was there. She carefully pulled it out. It felt like paper, and when it was available to her sight, it was a small, folded note. The paper was scented like some sort of flower, and the color was fading blue, although the edges were dark of the said color.

Unfolding it, her pout turned into a smile after reading the short message, obviously written by Ryuzaki. The handwriting was familiar; she could remember the way the letters are written everytime she borrow his notes for her advance lessons.

Amy-chan,

I'll never know if it is truly possible for me to stop thinking about you because I'll never try.

Ryuzaki

P.S. :The cake fell when you met an accident.

Amaryllis laughed softly at how cryptically the message is written. She folded it again and placed the paper inside her wallet. There was only one place that she remembered where that incident happened.

The old library.

The class started, and Amaryllis impatiently tapped her pen repeatedly on her notebook, barely listening to her teachers. When the bell rang, she was the first to made her way outside, trying hard not to run out of excitement.

Before she reached the west wing, she was slowed down by Rue, his pale arm extending to block her way.

"Slow down, Miss Amy. You'll trip yourself if you'll continue that." He offered a smile, and removed his arm and went to get something from his pocket. He fished out what looked like a small paper crane and handed it to her. "My dearest twin asked me to give you that. Before you proceed to whatever session you havee for this afternoon, please always use protection."

Amaryllis shot him a glare, and he laughed at the reaction. "Nah, just kidding. But read that first." And then he left, his laughter now quiet.

When Rue was out of sight, she sighed in relief. Ryuzaki and Rue are total opposites, and she wondered how they became twins. Shaking her head, she unfolded the crane and read the small message.

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than dreams.

Ryuzaki

P.S. I never slept.

"Wow, that's one corny line." She muttered to herself. It was really corny, and she can't help but grin at that idea. It wasn't like Ryuzaki either, but even the ugliest chest contains treasures. Maybe it will be fun to unravel the panda-looking man and discover more wonderful traits . Oh well.

She rounded on the corner, and when she was now face to face with the library door, her heart pounded loudly inside her chest. Ryuzaki is already inside, she's confident with that. Her hands shook slightly as she reach for the doorknob. When her skin made contact with the rusty handle, Amaryllis decided that this is now or never. After taking a deep breath, she twisted the knob and pushed the door.

Ryuzaki is out of sight...again. Amaryllis began doubting at this rate, but then her eyes caught the small paper and a red box on the table. She picked the note and read it hurriedly.

I'm sorry for all those cliched things I've prepared for you

It was the end of the note, and she felt that she was left at the edge. Now what?

She suddenly thought that this was just a prank when soft arms encircled her and embraced her lithe frame in a gentle manner.

"I...I'm sorry, Amy-chan..."

"Why are you apologizing?" 

"W-Well, all of my preparations... I don't think they appeal to you at the very least." He leaned his head against her shoulder, a small sign of defeat.

Amaryllis broke from his embrace and looked at his eyes. His midnight orbs held sadness that made her heart clench in guilt. In all honesty, it wasn't like that. She appreciated every little thing Ryuzaki do for her, especially today.

Carefully, she ran her fingers on the surface of his pallid cheek, and automatically, he looked at her with the same sad eyes. She felt the sorrow, and was determined to wash away the negativity in those beautiful pair of ebony eyes.

"Do you really think that those corny notes are something to be ignored?" She asked gently, a small smile once again in her features.

"Uhmm...I don't know-!"

Ryuzaki was silenced when Amaryllis decided to cut off his ignorance with a quick kiss. He was left staring in space after the swift loss of contact, and it took his brain 3.41 seconds to register reality again.

"..."

"..."

"Uhmm...so..."

"Hmm...?"

"Do...Do you mind if we proceed now?"

"Not at all."

Ryuzaki smiled and motioned the chair so she can sit properly. Once she was comfortable, he wrapped his lanky arms around her shoulders, and whispered shyly to open the red box.

Amaryllis gasped when she saw the content of the box.

"This...this is the...the.."

"Yes." He softly reached for the silver lace and delicately placed it around her neck. "This is the necklace we saw yesterday."

"R-Ryuzaki..."

The clasping of silver reached her ears, and she turned around quietly to face him, unsure what to say next. Ryuzaki looked at her expectantly, a small smile in his pallid but oh-so-sweet lips, his cheeks dusted with red, and his eyes now shone with bliss.

--

Before, when Amaryllis was being courted by Light, everytime he gave her gifts, she'll hug and kiss him and tell him a thousand thank-you. She'll keep the gift and cherish it in her heart.

But now that they are separated, it seems like those gifts are nothing but mere everyday objects, alongside with their love left behind by change.

The necklace she adore ever since she was thirteen years old; Light nor her parents bought it for her. She knew it was expensive, and even a year of allowance won't suffice to buy it. So instead of wanting it, she started disregarding the item. It wasn't worth her time and effort anyway.

Now that she's wearing the object she desired for a long time, she felt like crying.

--

"Amy-chan?"

Amaryllis blinked repeatedly, tears forming in her eyes. She shook her head in annoyance; why does she have to cry -again- now? Without a word, she rose from her seat and hug Ryuzaki tightly, her guard finally collapsing. She cried shamelessly in his shoulder without breaking her contact with his body.

Ryuzaki smiled and rubbed her back smoothly, calming her effectively. He never thought that his gift  would make her cry, but it only meant that he made her happy.

"Amaryllis..."

She pulled back at the mentioning of her name, and both of them gaze at each other's eyes. Amaryllis smiled this time, her happiness turned out uncontrollable. Ryuzaki extended his pale thumb and gently brushed away the tears blurring her vision, the gesture making the lady blush.

"Amy-chan..."

"Yes?"

"..."

He opened his mouth to speak again, but no words came out. He closed it again, his blush reaching his ears.

"...I-I....I..Ahmm...I-"

"I love you too."

The raven-haired man shot his eyes up, shocked by how Amaryllis was able to understand him. He leaned closer slowly and pressed their foreheads together, both of their eyes meeting once again.

When companiable descended, he closed the gap between their lips and finally claimed her mouth with his own.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

818 30 18
Light Yagami's life takes an unprecedented turn when he stumbles upon the Death Note as he struggles to keep the truth hidden and secrets from being...
252 13 3
Simply put, ever since L became so engrossed with the Kira case he started visiting the orphanage less and less. Near has missed him, and decides to...
9.1K 208 22
THIS STORY IS ABANDONED!! What happens when your greatest enemy is also your best friend? What happens when your best friend is also your crush? What...