Burned (Hate at First Flight...

By ehl_kayy_writes

Krystal Sanders has only two thoughts on her mind when she flies to New York for her interview for her dream... More

1. The Lambo Article
2. The Arrogant Adonis Hoot
3. The Cancellation
4. Swearing at Starbucks Gets You Glares
5. Holding a Burger Hostage
6. The Mafia Tour Guide
7. Goodbyes and Surprises
8. Dinner with the Demon Spawn
9. Two Can Play The Blackmail Game
10. Golf with Dylan Rush
11. Winner Takes All
12. Voting for Silence
13. Unexpected Reactions
14. The Extended Bathroom Break
15. Making a Deal with the Demon Spawn
16. Dylan Rush's Advice
17. Bittersweet Memories
18. Eavesdroppers and Suspicions
20. Discovering the Golden Ratio
21. Frost-like Atmosphere
22. Qualifications of a Kiss
23. Athena Burns
24. Slowly Understanding Douglas Burns
25. Breaking Down Walls
26. A Little Too Much Closure
27. Douglas Stanley Burns
28. Confusing Cowardice
29. Never Judge a Person by Their Playlist
30. Alexandra Hunt
31. Crowd Control Duty
32. How to Surf, Burns Style.
33. The Attention Seeking Boy and the Girl with Commitment Issues
34. Finding Out More About the Playboy
35. Hushed Conversations
36. Failed Bravados
37. How to Speak Evan Queens
38. Confessions of a Burger Thief
39. A Ghost of a Smile
40. Surrealism That Leaves One Silent
41. I Fell for the Idiot
42. He's My Century Old Whiskey
43. Memorable Last Words
44. Making Him Faint with An Almost Kiss
45. Falling for the Son of a Diner Owner's Daughter
Epilogue : I'll Always Be Here For You
Bonus Chapter (Douglas' POV)
FROSTED NOW UP!
One-Shot

19. Reversed Chances

37.4K 1.4K 77
By ehl_kayy_writes

Dedicated to @nisey8888 for sending me the new cover for Burned (insert)
Thanks sooooo much Denise! :D

PLEASE VOTE / COMMENT / FOLLOW
XOXO,
LOSALINI

NOTE : THE WATER PARK DESCRIBED BELOW IS PURELY FICTIONAL BECAUSE AS FAR AS GOOGLE STATES THERE'S NO WATER PARK IN THE HOLLYWOOD AREA :) PLUS I AM NOT FROM AMERICA AND SO I DON'T KNOW

LATER HALF OF CHAPTER INSPIRED BY KOREAN DRAMA 'SHE WAS PRETTY'
#SARANGHAECHOISIWON

•••||||•••

I've seen Mean Girls 1 & 2.

I knew the whole storyline. And I was positive I was living my rendition of the famous movie. However my version of the movie was slightly different. Douglas and I hated each other and suddenly by some weird twist he was nice to me.

Over the past week ever since that fall on Sunday, I literally walked on eggshells around him. He was always there making sure I was alright and checking that I wasn't overworking myself.

On Monday, he had told me that we would be staying in and that I should go rest in one of the guestrooms. On Tuesday, we went to the Queens golf club and he told me to sit in the shade of the golf cart while he and Evan played golf. On Wednesday, he asked the chef to make me some herbal drink that I couldn't even pronounce the name of. Yesterday, on Thursday, he told me to do whatever I wanted while he was on his laptop, typing away.

I was driven past the point of paranoia that all I wanted to do was yell, "You're freaking me out!" Because after watching Mean Girls, I knew you could only pretend to be nice long enough until you revert back to your true self. And that was what I was waiting for. I was waiting for Douglas Burns to remove his sheep skin and reveal the wolf inside that wanted me gone.

Other than that, I also theorized that he was only doing this out of guilt, but as soon as I was well enough, I'd be stuck pulling out weeds from the garden and mowing down the lawn of the huge expanse of land they owned. Maybe he'd even take me to their other houses and tell me to scrub it down from floor to ceiling.

I was both waiting and loathing the day that that would happen. Because it meant I was right and it also meant that I would be pulling out weeds and scrubbing, something I thought I wouldn't be doing by tailing a rich playboy. The only thing I had anticipated from this arrangement was tagging along to VIP parties and pool parties, even drag racing.

Currently I was on the couch in the living room with Prince at my feet, resting his head on the small pillow I had gotten for him on Wednesday. I had to admit he was growing on me. I no longer thought he was an annoying, spoilt mutt. Actually the spoilt was still applicable but not the annoying and mutt part.

I heard Will and Douglas conversing as they came down the stairs.

"Here," I heard the sound of keys jangling as they were being tossed in the air. "Take the Camaro since you've been using it like its yours."

"Really. Thanks for giving it to me, man," I could picture the smile on Will's lips at his words as they neared.

"I'm not giving it to you, Will. Just use it for today."

"Spoil sport."

They appeared in the living room just then, looking like a vision. I couldn't deny the fact that they were good looking guys. They were the type that you would turn your head around to get another good look at when you passed them in the streets.

"Let's go," Will said as he walked over and held out a hand to me.

"Where?" I asked as I placed my hand in his and he pulled me off the couch.

"On an adventure," he smiled playfully before dangling the keys in front of me. "And Dougie gave me his sports car."

"For the day, Will," Douglas corrected as he stopped just a few feet away from us, leaning against the grand piano that sat there. "Just for the day."

"Wait," I watched them, confused. "You're not coming with us?"

Douglas nodded. "You're free of me today."

"Then I'm not going."

"Why not?" Will pouted.

"I have to do my job," I answered. "And staying with Douglas is my job."

"It's fine, Krystal," Douglas said. "You can take the day. I promise I won't do anything that would result in investors pulling out of the company."

I shook my head, determined to not be swayed.

"Relax. I'm just going to stay home and wait for a friend to come over. Nothing much. And I'm pretty sure you've been bored enough locked away in this house the whole week. So go, get some fresh air and sun with Will."

"Really?" I was surprised he reassured me that he wouldn't cause trouble along with the fact that he was letting me leave the house with Will, to actually enjoy myself.

He nodded. "Really."

"Really?" I asked again as I stared at him, looking for any evidence of a lie in the making. For all I knew he would call Mr Burns up as soon as I left and tattle on me. Maybe he was my Regina George in this story, and I the helpless Cady Heron. However, my search for any sign of deception came up lacking.

Maybe I had misjudged Douglas after all. Maybe we just got off on the wrong foot on the plane.

"Yes really," This time it was Will who answered before. He grabbed my arm and proceeded to pull me towards the front door. "Now, let's go before Mr Grouch over here changes his mind and puts you under house arrest again."

I pulled out of Will's grasp and turned back around to Douglas who was watching us with clear amusement on his face. "Really?" I knew it was annoying, me having to ask it over and over again but I was still trying to wrap my mind around this version of Douglas.

"Yes," he walked towards me and chuckled as he turned me around before pushing me towards the door gently. "Now go, before I really do change my mind."

Will grabbed my hand before turning to Douglas, "And that's our cue to leave."

* * *

Will took me to the Roaring Waters, the one water park in the entire city. And given that it was the one water park in the city it was extremely packed. Well, actually the normal line was packed, the VIP line was not as it cost you fifty dollars extra for a season pass which Will said we should get. We spent about five minutes arguing over the advantages and the disadvantages of a season pass while the girl begin the counter just watched us with an uninterested face, chewing on a gum.

We finally agreed when I noticed the family that was standing behind us.

After finally changing into a bikini with a sarong wrapped around my waist, I met up with Will and we headed to the nearest ride called 'The Feeder' where you got on a tubing and rode down a waterfall which then flows through a cave flooded with water to the top and came down the other end, flushing out through a small exit and another the waterfall. Will went twice while I limited mine to one as I tried to ring out the water that had flooded into my ears.

Then we got on the 'Wave Falls' which was basically one waterfall that led to another waterfall and another and so on until you finally think you can't take it anymore at which it stops.

Three rides later, we went to the cabaña Will had rented out and I ringed my hair dry of water while Will went to grab us some refreshments.

I grabbed my phone from my bag to check if I had any missed calls.

Only one missed call from Nancy and three unread messages.

The first two were from Nancy.

Message one read :

Why aren't you answering your phone? Call me back.

Message two read :

It's fine. I thought you didn't lock the house behind you this morning.

The last message was from Douglas.

Have fun.

Have fun?

Did he really just send me a text telling me to have fun?

I was still thinking about it when Will returned with two cans of soda and sat down on the chair beside me.

"What's got you so deep in thought?" He asked before he took a sip from his soda.

"Uhhm," I placed my phone back into my bag, "Douglas just texted me telling us to have fun."

He nodded before laying down on the chair, his abs on full display as he still hasn't put his shirt back on.

I averted my eyes from where it had drifted and focused in the children playing in the kiddie pool. I shouldn't be tearing but I had been the entire day.

But then again, what can a girl do when a perfectly gorgeous half naked boy was standing in front of her, smiling at her like she was the only girl he wanted to share his day with, even when said boy was her friend? At least that's what I thought Will and I were, friends.

I tried to hard my uncalled for behavior by asking a completely unrelated question. "So why didn't Douglas want to come with us anyway?"

Will looked up from the screen of his phone. "He wanted just the two of us to come." He looked serious as he sat up and turned to face me. "On a date."

"What?" I choke on the soda I had drank.

He frowned. "What? Am I so ugly that you hate the thought of us dating?" He was the most serious I had ever seen him.

"No," I rolled an eye at the thought. "It's not like that."

"Don't worry. I know how handsome I am." He laid back down and grabbed his phone. "And I was just joking, Krys. Don't go having a heart attack on me."

"It's not like that, Will. I was just caught off guard."

"Oh, so now you need to be on guard when you're talking to me?"

I scowled. "It's not like that Will."

He laughed. "I know. I was just pulling your leg. Anyways the fact that he wanted the two of us to come together was true, as friends," he stressed the last part clearly.

"But?"

He smirked as he sat back up and turned to me. "How about a game of chance?"

"Seriously?"

He nodded. "Come on. What are you, scared?"

He was goading me into accepting. I knew that but I never did back down from a challenge. "Fine," I replied even without knowing what game he meant.

"Coin toss," he smiled as he watches my expression change from a challenging game-on face to a what the eff one. "I call heads. I win, you find out when we get back to the mansion. You win, you find out now." He pulled out a coin from his wallet.

Even with the thought of how childish this game was, I nodded in agreement. "Okay, fine."

He smiled before he tossed the coin in the air and covered it when it landed in his hands. "Remember," he said, "heads I win."

I nodded. "Just get it over with, already."

He removed his fingers and revealed the coin.

Tails.

I won!

Just as I was about to celebrate, he stood up and yelled, "I wiiiiiiiin!"

What?

Confused, I watched him as he jumped up and down as he repeatedly yelled, "I win!" before he started twerking.

Maybe it was the fact that he was wearing really skin tight shorts and you could literally see everything ;) in high definition or it was because I was just too impatient and wanted to know his reasoning but I yelled, "What the hell are you talking about? I won!"

"No," he stopped twerking (Thank God) and looked at me like I was the crazy one. "I won."

"It's tails, Will. You said that I win if it was tails," I held up the coin as evidence.

"What are you talking about? That's heads."

I turned the coin around thinking I had shown him the wrong side but I clearly saw the tails side. "You really need to get your eyes checked, Will. This is tails."

"It's heads." He grabbed the coin and then showed me the actual heads side of it. "This is tails. If the coin landed on this, you would have won."

Maybe he had hit his head on the second round on 'The Feeder', I thought as I studied my friend that I was convinced had lost his mind.

"No. That is heads, Will. I don't know how you do it on the other side of the pond, by here in America, the side with the face is the heads. Give me one reason why this is heads."

He smiled as if he accepted the challenge. "I'll give you three. One, the head is the most important part of the body, and on a coin, the side with the number on it is important as it tells us the value of the coin, therefore it is the heads. Two, there is no written constitution saying that the side of the coin that is that heads is actually called the heads of the coin. And three, if we did do it on the other side of the pond, shouldn't America do it too. After all you were part of our country before."

I huffed in frustration as I watched him. His eyes told me he wouldn't give up unless I did first, and I necessarily didn't want to spend the better part of my day arguing over something as pointless as this conversation we were currently having.

"Fine," I said before I finished my soda and got up. "You win. I didn't even really want to find out why Douglas didn't want to come in the first place. Today is a Douglas free day after all." I dove into the pool even with my sarong still on to relieve my frustration with the help of its cooling depths.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

401K 7.5K 44
***Completed*** *Mature Content Warning* TW: Car accident, Depression, sexual content His touch made me shiver as I couldn't take my eyes off of his...
6.4M 248K 43
The youngest billionaire in town with the looks of Adonis and everything at his feet desired just one thing more in life. His perfect match. He wishe...
175K 5.3K 30
|||| COMPLETED |||| Highest rank on what's hot list: #2- heartbreak #2- betrayal #2- billionaire #2- relationships #6- lovestory #13- love #27- se...
1.5M 52.5K 44
When Liliana signed up to become a private flight attendant, she believed she had a general idea of what the job entailed. Strictly professional. Wh...